Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [ISG] Descent Attempt -II-  (Read 5324 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Descent Attempt -I-
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »

A
Max avatar size is 80x80

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »

Easily A, but if he gets tetchy, back down and try D and E instead.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

He lets out a stern snarl. "You new around here, eh? Well this here's a high stakes game called Slaughter House. I got a few prime cuts on the line in the ultimate race... against toothy death!" Ben spots a ravenous look in his eyes as he continues. "I'm set on eating all of these bad boys in the ring, but master's gotta make a game out of it, so here we are. I'm letting one of them off the hook; whichever of them crafty pigs doesn't get eaten, gets a ticket out of here. Everyone who bet on 'em gets a payday as well." He pulls a pamphlet out and hands it over. "It's all lined up in the rules, and I'm not one to chit chat while there's food to eat. Set a bet or take a seat." His feral nature creeps out with every word, punctuating pauses with small growls.

A. Question even further
B. Bet equipment (no gold)
C. Bet own life
D. Attack wolfman
D. Examine pigs
E. Watch 'Slaughter House'
F. Continue exploring
F. Other

Spoiler: Benbali (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2017, 11:58:25 pm »

F. Continue exploring
Max avatar size is 80x80

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 08:04:18 am »

G (I assume): Politely explain that we cannot read, and ask the wolfman to kindly read the pamphlet to us. If he refuses, though, examine the pigs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 08:21:05 am »

B. Bet the book we got at the start, on a random pig.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 07:38:32 pm »

G (I assume): Politely explain that we cannot read, and ask the wolfman to kindly read the pamphlet to us. If he refuses, though, examine the pigs.
+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:39 pm »

+1
+1
+1 to both.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2017, 09:25:20 pm »

This is the best course of action methinks! +1 to Book gambling and reading.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 11:46:34 am »

With a hint of shame in her voice, Benbali admits to the wolfman that she can't read the pamphlet, and asks him to read it aloud. This just elicits another curt snarl from the looming beastman. "Bet, watch, leave, I'm done talking." It seems his hunger outruns his patience.

No matter! With manual in hand, Benbali calls upon her farming instincts to select the best survivor from the bunch. They seem a bit off to her, like everything else in this dungeon, but she sticks with her gut, selecting Mr. Hamm as the winner. Benbali hands over her manual to the wolfman, placing a bet on the middle pig-thing.

The carnage that follows turns Ben's stomach. The wolfman, with his honed, lightning fast predator's speed makes mincemeat out of Prime Rib. Mr. Hamm looks like he's next to go, but some odd form of magic pulls the creature from the ring and out of the wolfman's reach. On a dime, the predator turns on poor Chops, whose surprisingly agile antics fail to save his life. The wolfman's hunger seems instantly sated, as his battle-rage subsides. The surviving pig falls to the floor, and bolts away through the northwestern door.

"You won this round, girl. Here's your prize." He tosses two books to Ben's feet. She places the returned manual into her bag, and examines the other tome. Even though she can't read the title, there's a distinct magical aura about the runes on the front page. She attempts to skim the rest of the book, but stops when she begins to feel dizzy. It may be dangerous to read this book untrained in the magical arts.

The wolf continues to stare at Ben, blood soaked. "The shows over now, I'm off the clock. Best get a move on."

A. Chat with the wolfman
B. Attack wolfman
C. Continue reading the complex tome
D. Go through one of the doors
E. Other

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:56 pm »

D.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 12:51:56 pm »

D
Go after the pig! It will be monster bait or a food source.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 01:41:14 pm »

Come baaaack pigggy!

D
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 03:27:25 pm »

Benbali continues adventuring away from the nasty wolfman, and through the northwestern door. Here she finds a daunting sight: a room full of shifting platforms, hovering above a pitch black pit. Gelatinous green globs sift, suspended in glass tubes of indiscernible origin. The nature of the devices are completely alien to Ben, and likely to most civilized folk. She also takes note of the general architecture of the room: how it deviates slightly from the dungeon as she's seen it thus far.

A faint commotion shifts Ben's attention upward, towards the farthest, highest platform. A lone pig-thing, shrieking and snorting in confusion across the room, begs the question: how the heck did it end up there?!

Either way, Ben had to make a decision. The gaps between the platforms, at times, seemed surmountable by a running leap. In fact, the platforms seemed to cycle around the room in a specific pattern, allowing passengers to pass from one to another-- with some risk of pitfall. All in all, Ben judged her chances at traversing the whole room slightly above reasonable... by her reckoning.

A sharp squeal pulls Ben's attention once more to the distant platform. Er... did that thing in the vat just wave?

A. Attempt jumping to the nearest platform, slowly, to examine each vat with care.
B. Attempt a series of jumps to the distant platform, hoping the constant speed will see her through.
C. Explore elsewhere, head to the southern room
D. Use item/ability [if any]
E. Other

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 03:30:10 pm »

A
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6