Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [ISG] Descent Attempt -II-  (Read 5330 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Descent Attempt -I-
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 12:09:12 pm »

A rat person! How exotic! And... Slightly terrifying, considering the contents of our bag. Still. It might be worth to Ring the Bell and parlay with this... Slightly delicious looking creature.
+1. If we can't understand it, just kill it dead.
+1  This is always the best course of action.
this
+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 12:17:00 pm »

Ask the ratman for information about the stone block. Ask about their job.
Max avatar size is 80x80

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 12:52:01 pm »

A rat person! How exotic! And... Slightly terrifying, considering the contents of our bag. Still. It might be worth to Ring the Bell and parlay with this... Slightly delicious looking creature.
+1. If we can't understand it, just kill it dead.
+1  This is always the best course of action.
this
+1

+1
Stop it! Quote stacking is FAKE NEWS!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »

Ben rings the bell, provoking a response from the stoic ratman.

Ben gets one Manual but you don't see any 'coffees' lying around. Upon further questioning, the ratman gives no response. Eventually, Ben rings the bell once more, in an attempt to grab the receptionist's attention. This just illicits the same introduction from before, but no new book or coffee. It seems there isn't much up there...

So instead, Ben opens the book and begins skimming through. Seeing how she is an illiterate peasant, Ben doesn't get a lot out of this instructive tome, but there are several pretty pictures. Several bestial looking creatures, occasional diagrams of weird shapes, and alluring pictures of treasures and spiffy looking ornaments. The rest of the book is jumbles of lines than Ben assumes is runic code or writing, so she throws it in her bag. Might be useful as a door stopper or something...

Spoiler: Benbali (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 05:50:00 pm »

Well! A fruitful-ish conversation. This one can live. We now know that we can't leave from here. To do so would be death by another name. Our mission must be then to delve the depths, find something of value and make like a bandit from somewhere other than this room.

Though, I guess we could take the slab? Maybe that is this mythical 'coffee'!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 01:54:42 am »

This 'coffee' is larger and more unwieldy than Ben thought. Why even tell people to help themselves? Oh well.

With the implied knowledge of the manual, and her trusty scythe, Benbali enters the dungeon...

FLOOR 1

Benbali emerges from the descending stairs into a wide open room, with a roof too high up to be realistically below the reception area. It seems likely the work of some magic pervading the dungeon, poised to alter the perception of delvers and inhabitants alike. More pressing than the defied laws of physics are the inhabitants: a crowd of 'people', a giant wolfman, and a pen occupied by three pig-like creatures. The crowd is made up of stone statues, crudely made to resemble townfolk. They seem eerily similar to folks you remember back home...

"Taking bets! Prime Rib favoured for first, Chops the long shot-- Hat trick for longest odds, biggest payout!" the wolfman shouts to the statues, who're too stoned to respond.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 02:07:49 am »

Go back up the stairs and come back down, see if it's the same room every time. You never know in a place like this.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 06:23:15 am »

Go back up the stairs and come back down, see if it's the same room every time. You never know in a place like this.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 09:59:57 am »

+1
+1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »

Take time to examine statues closely. Talk to the wolfman about their job.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »

Take time to examine statues closely. Talk to the wolfman about their job.
+1
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 11:50:16 pm »

Benbali walks back up the stairs, just to be certain how mad this madhouse is. She is met with a shimmering force, newly placed on the doorway leading to the reception. She figures that this is part of the 'agreement' the ratman at the front was talking about. Even though she can't read, she is fairly certain going through that portal means no re-entry. So, unable to pass through without risking banishment, she walks back down to the first floor.

The wolfman continues his shouting while Ben checks on the statues. She's no mason, but upon close inspection, Ben finds the fine detailing of the stone to be of high quality. The figures themselves, some vaguely familiar, depict idling men and women in commoner's clothing. The subjects of the statues don't seem happy, or frightened, or overly emotional at all; their faces are placid, calm. To the best of Ben's recollection, she doesn't exactly recognize any one of them.

After a few more minutes of examination, the drone of the wolfman peters out. Ben takes her eyes off of one of the statues, meeting the leering gaze of the creature. He saunters ever closer to the peasant, menacing with claws and teeth. "What about you, miss? Care to take a bet on one of my prized piggies? Biggest winner gets a key to that door over there." He gestures to the door to the northeast, bearing no special markings. "There are monetary prizes as well... Worth whatever you bet and more!"

A. Question further
B. Bet equipment (no gold)
C. Bet own life
D. Attack wolfman
D. Examine pigs
E. Examine room further
F. Other

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 04:45:33 am »

A
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 09:26:02 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2017, 11:52:55 am »

A
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6