Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53716 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #225 on: November 18, 2017, 04:31:05 pm »

Let's just try to perform the Nigredo by changing the background to all-black, and see what that does in the Aura Monitor.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/RStones-PiB-Decca.jpg/220px-RStones-PiB-Decca.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/8bittheater/images/9/95/LightWarriors.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ea/Mc_donalds-toronto.jpg/220px-Mc_donalds-toronto.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Emblem_of_the_IFRC.svg/220px-Emblem_of_the_IFRC.svg.png

Spoiler: Test #1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Test #2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Test #3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Test #4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Test #5 (click to show/hide)

The symbols at the bottom seem to correspond with a fulfilled color requirement for a specific stage; the pure black background didn't fulfill Nigredo, so it would seem that the color's meaning and relevance to the image is more important than the presence of the color itself.

From these experiments, you can start to form a murky idea of what the aura parameters mean. Transgression could mean transgression against a natural order, but the meaning of "natural order" here is debatable. You would normally assume that Logos means rationality, but that doesn't quite seem to be the case. Something related?

Actually definately contact hussie and ask him about the keyboard. Haha nevermind I am dumb write your name in blood on page 482 actually

You're not sure sending him a LinkedIn message at 2am is the best way to find information on this, and also not sure why he's on a business social media site for otherworldly horrors to begin with, but you send him a short message with an attached photo to ask about this strange keyboard.

Well, you definitely don't want to (and physically can't?) do that second thing, but you think people shouldn't be calling themselves dumb. no u

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:14 pm »

Look for serial numbers on the Forbidden Keypad. If found, use Hieronet to find product information about it.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 18, 2017, 04:43:41 pm »

let's try writing on page 482 via MS Paint, but do so In green block letters rather than blood and add a smiley face so that Mr purple can stop being so sad.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 18, 2017, 05:52:52 pm »

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/8bittheater/images/2/21/Blackmage1.png I worry about the transgression, but meh.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/WhiteHouseSouthFacadeHDR.jpg This will probably backfire horribly, but science...
Golden arches probably work as-is, just hoping that the absurd fortune doesn't cause a mess. Also that wehaven't accidentally invoke something random. On that note, best to refresh with a black background between each image to interrupt any accidental rituals.
I am drawing a blank of Rebedo. I guess...
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/The_Hunt_for_Red_October_movie_poster.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/70/Kustodiev_The_Bolshevik.jpg
Can't hurt to try, right?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2017, 06:38:31 pm »

let's try writing on page 482 via MS Paint, but do so In green block letters rather than blood and add a smiley face so that Mr purple can stop being so sad.
Green block? Oh please. We need to use comic sans.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2017, 10:12:40 pm »

Comic sans? MS Paint?

Amateurs. The effect you are going for is best accomplished with full blown acrobat (or free alternative) and crayon

Be sure to embed the font, so other users get the full effect.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:20:52 pm by wierd »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2017, 11:39:08 pm »

Why do you keep referring to a page that does not and can not possibly exist.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2017, 11:41:51 pm »

Ignore Purple

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2017, 02:09:02 am »

Ignore Purple

no.
Why?

P.S.
 Does anyone know what the numbers in the "glow" text shadowing thing mean?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2017, 02:44:14 am »

The three attributes (eg. red, 2, 50) in the glow tag are color, strength and width.

Experiments on previewing this post suggests that the last argument is just ignored however. See the difference between these.

magenta,2
magenta,2,500

Further, it appears the second one is required, but has no apparent effect. See:

magenta,2
magenta,200

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2017, 05:54:36 pm »

((Medical emergency this weekend, sorry about the delay. I'll update when I can! Think about the way those images affect the aura parameters too, not just the colors.))
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2017, 06:02:48 pm »

It seems we managed to find images that fulfill everything except Albedo, so let's try the White Album (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TheBeatles68LP.jpg) and see what happens, although I'd honestly expect that to have high samadhi... but then the relationship between the aura types and the recipe steps seems unclear, given that the Rolling Stones cover apparently fulfilled Nigredo despite having higher fortune than transgression.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2017, 02:53:13 am »

Samadhi is a Buddhist thing, relating to achievement of nirvana.

Instead, your typical "You suck at divinity yourself, so you need help" type religious iconography (say, a really brilliant white picture of jesus?) would probably have high albedo and low samadhi.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2017, 02:56:04 am »

WHAT IF WE GAVE THEM A PURPLE IMAGE?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30