Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18190 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2019, 11:04:42 pm »

"And what is your role in all this?"

"As much as I would like to downplay my position..."

He outstretched his arms as if asking for a hug. Right above his heart is a shining command seal, a top-hat with three stars across its band. Your own seal begins to glow violently as if in response.

"...my current branding marks me as if it was Revelations. I am the so-called 'Master' that guards this Holy ground."

Archer gives his phone away, of course, as he would rather slip through any bureaucratic hurdles and get to the part where the city is ready for the coming war.

Said officer turns the phone off, tips his hat, and takes his leave allowing you to remain alone in the interrogation room.

Nobody arrives for some time. You're left alone for what seems like ten minutes, then fifteen, then thirty....

At this point is when you get a mental message.
<ARCHER!>

Completely oblivious to the stuff going down elsewhere, Berserker went to go find a nice secluded spot.

There are plenty of secluded spots in and around town. The most readily available and least likely to see interlopers is, naturally, your master's home.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:08:08 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2019, 11:39:14 pm »

"That's an unexpected attitude. Are the minons that pursued me here yours?"
This is really really REALLY BAD!
<Archer I need you at the old church RIGHT NOW. Im being pursued by gunmen and theres a Master standing in front of me!>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2019, 01:08:37 am »

Berserker and his master headed to his master’s house.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2019, 01:12:32 am »

Archer storms out of the interrogation room, likely shearing the lock apart in his hurry. <I will be there as soon as I can. Are they puppets like the ones we fought before?> As he reaches the mass of police milling about in the main office area, he breaks into a brief call to arms, "A citizen under your watch is being attacked. Join me in her defence."
Archer leverages his Charisma skill to recruit help, then heads to the old church as fast as either his legs or the police can take him.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2019, 12:40:34 am »

"That's an unexpected attitude. Are the minons that pursued me here yours?"
This is really really REALLY BAD!
<Archer I need you at the old church RIGHT NOW. Im being pursued by gunmen and theres a Master standing in front of me!>

"No, not mine. We are forbidden from fighting in daylight, save in self defense. Our battlefield must be lit by the stars. Besides, my purpose is only to defend this Church. I have no reason to peruse any Masters who stay clear of it."

He once again folds his arms in a prayer-like manner.

"Your assailant is bound by the same rules, but chooses to ignore them. It is likely either you or your Servant did something to anger him. He has his own kind of honor, separate from the law, separate from the Church, separate even from his own Organization. He is a man who accepts no master but himself, I truly pity the poor soul charged with watching him."

Berserker and his master headed to his master’s house.

And you arrived! The perilous afternoon journey home was accomplished!

Archer storms out of the interrogation room, likely shearing the lock apart in his hurry. <I will be there as soon as I can. Are they puppets like the ones we fought before?> As he reaches the mass of police milling about in the main office area, he breaks into a brief call to arms, "A citizen under your watch is being attacked. Join me in her defence."
Archer leverages his Charisma skill to recruit help, then heads to the old church as fast as either his legs or the police can take him.

There are four police officers having coffee and donuts on the front desk and chairs in the main room-which they nearly choke on as you burst in. Left with moments to react, they almost instinctively follow Archer's orders and find themselves driving a set of three police cars down the road-sirens blazing- before they could even collect their thoughts. Even the desk secretary, clearly not a trained officer herself, got swept up in the moment and joined in. Two officers to a car, with the secretary driving Archer's vehicle.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2019, 12:47:24 am »

<Status update: situation weird. The master here isnt agressive and the minions, which supposedly arent his, aren't willing to attack the church.>

"What kinds of things would anger him so?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2019, 12:54:08 am »

<Status update: situation weird. The master here isnt agressive and the minions, which supposedly arent his, aren't willing to attack the church.>

"What kinds of things would anger him so?"

The Priest scratches his chin thoughtfully.

"Did one of you, perhaps, try to talk to the police? He hates 'squealers', as he calls them. I would place that as the blunder one is most likely to wonder into by accident."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2019, 01:05:46 am »

"That... sounds right."
I sit in thought
"Ive been having difficulty even finding the other master-servant pairs, Were the ones that set up a beacon before. But after an assault by some puppets with no revealed master or servant managing them, my servant mentioned contacting the police to acquire assistance. I suspect thats the cause then. The participants in this war seem to be acting very cautiously, the only aggression so far has been indirect.

You said your only interest is in protecting this church, yet you are also a master. How are you planning to participate in this war?"

It would be silly for his servant to be as far away as mine is... where is he? Which servant is his?

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2019, 04:15:56 am »

<I will arrive soon enough, with allies from the city guard. Do you know the nature of your pursuer?>

Examining his driver, Archer realizes she has no weapon, "Excuse me for asking, but are you in need of a blade? I would not ask you to fight unarmed." Archer manifests his proper armor, chainmail rings weaving together from the air, and the black iron flame-patterned sword if his driver has need of it.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2019, 12:11:17 pm »

Let Boss pick up what he wants from his apartment before we head over to the lake.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2019, 01:01:44 am »

"That... sounds right."
I sit in thought
"Ive been having difficulty even finding the other master-servant pairs, Were the ones that set up a beacon before. But after an assault by some puppets with no revealed master or servant managing them, my servant mentioned contacting the police to acquire assistance. I suspect thats the cause then. The participants in this war seem to be acting very cautiously, the only aggression so far has been indirect.

You said your only interest is in protecting this church, yet you are also a master. How are you planning to participate in this war?"

It would be silly for his servant to be as far away as mine is... where is he? Which servant is his?

"By protecting the Church, as I said. So long as I don't lose I win."

<I will arrive soon enough, with allies from the city guard. Do you know the nature of your pursuer?>

Examining his driver, Archer realizes she has no weapon, "Excuse me for asking, but are you in need of a blade? I would not ask you to fight unarmed." Archer manifests his proper armor, chainmail rings weaving together from the air, and the black iron flame-patterned sword if his driver has need of it.

"I-what-ah-um-ok?"

Still confused by the situation, the secretary absent mindedly accepts the offered blade, looking towards it through the corner of her glasses just enough to fit her hand around it. It has now found a wielder.

"Eh-Ehhh-wait-what!?"

After it was firmly in her grasp, she took her eyes off the road for a moment to confirm that there was indeed a sword in her hand.

Let Boss pick up what he wants from his apartment before we head over to the lake.

What does Boss pick up, if anything?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:09 am »

"So you have no interest in winning, simply in protecting this place? Why not withdraw then? Your status as a Master is going to attract violence to you and whereever you happen to be. If you stay here as you are, aren't you going to do more harm than good?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2019, 03:24:21 pm »

What does Boss pick up, if anything?
I guess knee- and shoulderpads if I've got them (to go discretely underneath my pants and hoodie).
Not that they'll probably help if someone wants to attack me, but better something than nothing. And hey, they'll help avoid scrapes and stuff if I have to run.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2019, 06:20:18 pm »

The sword flares to life, it's true power awakened in the hand of another. The rusty orange markings glow cherry red as they begin to writhe across the blade's dark surface. The sword is hers.

"Keep it with you. That sword, Tizona, will give you my power so long as you fight with me."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 09, 2019, 07:43:03 pm »

The sword flares to life, it's true power awakened in the hand of another. The rusty orange markings glow cherry red as they begin to writhe across the blade's dark surface. The sword is hers.

"Keep it with you. That sword, Tizona, will give you my power so long as you fight with me."
I’d just like to make note of the fact that you are entirely batshit.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17