Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18201 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2019, 09:40:56 pm »

Back to school!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2019, 11:32:19 pm »

”So boss, we’re going shopping for some supplies.”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2019, 11:45:47 pm »

*sigh* Oooooooookay.
Those supplies aren't practical supplies, are they.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2019, 11:58:07 pm »

”Kind of. It’s diplomatic stuff. We need chocolate, a good alcoholic beverage, some spices, and maybe flowers. Nothing too difficult, though we also need to draw a crowd.”
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 01, 2019, 12:11:12 am »

*facepalm*
"Diplomatic stuff"? What, is this the kind they had in Europe with political marriage? These sound like they're for a goddamned date!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 01, 2019, 12:15:53 am »

”Chocolate was a delicacy in most ancient cultures, a lot of people would trade a lot for it. Even though the servants have modern knowledge and know it is now common, it would still be a nice and tastey gift. The alcohol is simply good form, and sharing a drink is a sign of friendship in many cultures. The spice is due to the servant we are visiting, the lake dwelling servant. They may be a rider, and I feel a rider near water could easily be a pirate or trader, who spices would be good to use as a gift to. The flowers are honestly due to the fact that the servant we are visiting is female, and seduction is certainly an option, though a last resort.”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2019, 12:18:53 am »

You're insane.

If they try to kill us, we run like hell, got that?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2019, 12:19:45 am »

”Boss, that is what the crowd is for. No one is dumb enough to attack in front of civilian witnesses. They’ll end up with a bounty on their heads.”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2019, 12:24:43 am »

*sigh* Fine, let's go then.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2019, 12:26:44 am »

Berserker and his master went to the store and bought the stuff.

”We still need a crowd though.”

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2019, 12:40:02 am »

Back to school!

Back down the stairs. Back out the front door. Past the crowd of gawking onlookers that has yet to disperse.

You manage to make it back just as the warning bells begin to toll. Nothing seems to have changed during your lunch break, though your sisters all immediately rush to you with evidence of Servant activity (read: pictures of the dissipating smoke-trail from the sword).

Berserker and his master went to the store and bought the stuff.

”We still need a crowd though.”

Speaking of crowds, Berserker and his master contend with the tail-end of lunch rush as they go on their shopping trip. While it is a smaller city, there is an acceptable variety of goods available for purchase as in any modern town. "Alcohol and chocolate" could mean anything from stopping at a gas station for a twelve-pack and big-brand chocolate bars to finding a winery and specialty candy store for pricey vintages and hand-crafted treats.

What, precisely, does the group decide to purchase?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2019, 12:46:06 am »

We're going to get decent stuff. A decent sampling of relatively common chocolates should be fine - it's not like fancy chocolate is actually hugely better than the cheaper stuff - but a nice bottle of wine is probably called for in the alcohol department. Not necessarily "high-end", but certainly of quality.

I don't know what spices Goldie is thinking of, and most flowers we could get on short notice are likely to be of comparable price.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2019, 12:51:24 am »

Cinnamon and Ginger should cover us for spices. Not mixed together, in separate containers. For flowers, I’ll ask the florist what flowers are good for making a good first impression, but if they don’t have any suggestion, a nice mix of different colored tulips would be good.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2019, 12:31:48 am »

Cinnamon and Ginger should cover us for spices. Not mixed together, in separate containers. For flowers, I’ll ask the florist what flowers are good for making a good first impression, but if they don’t have any suggestion, a nice mix of different colored tulips would be good.

We're going to get decent stuff. A decent sampling of relatively common chocolates should be fine - it's not like fancy chocolate is actually hugely better than the cheaper stuff - but a nice bottle of wine is probably called for in the alcohol department. Not necessarily "high-end", but certainly of quality.

I don't know what spices Goldie is thinking of, and most flowers we could get on short notice are likely to be of comparable price.

The Berserker pair goes to a local supermarket to pick up a box of chocolates, mediocre wine, a plastic container of ground cinnamon, and a separate plastic container of ginger. Truly, this is a one-stop-shop for all your diplomatic needs!

A young flower girl looked at the contents of the cart, then at the two men buying romantic supplies together. She pulls out a pre-made bouquet and simply says "You can't go wrong with roses! If they have a favorite, it would be thoughtful to pick that instead. Consider buying a vase to go with it, just around the corner. They make a lovely centerpiece!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2019, 12:43:11 am »

Archer tries again to locate a city guard to report the suspicious pile of bodies at the ambush, now that the city is full of people again. With swords dispelled, of course, as carrying them in public does not seem to be the custom.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17