Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18196 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Day Phase 1
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:08 pm »

"An invitation of sorts, to speak with me atop the tower from our first night. The meeting is to take place at noon tomorrow; be ready for a fight, even if you don't attend. If you do, we will need to arrive early."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »

"That's troublesome, I'll be in school then! Hmmm. Alice might be able to stand-in for me if I can't make it to class, Ms Pettis isn't very good at telling us apart after all... Yeah, that'll let me show up, and if we get lucky and there's a timely response I might even get back before lunch is over! Okay, We'll want to ask her at breakfast to cover for me, and besides you wanted to properly introduce yourself to everyone anyway! We can do that then too."

"So, for tonight, I was thinking we could check out the lake and church, you know, the leyline convergence points Alice was suspicious of this morning?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 09:32:10 pm »

"Hmm." the beast grumbles, still invisible but audible nonetheless. Though his Master couldn't see, he was watching the beacon in the distance with interest. "If we're to remain relevant in this war, it might be in our interest to investigate the beacon." he says in a low voice, head hovering somewhere near his Master's shoulder. "Though, we're likely to encounter others. Hostile, most likely. If were are to approach, I imagine it would be beneficial to do so quietly."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2018, 01:31:38 am »

"As you wish. Be aware that I cannot in good conscience fight before tomorrow. If we see anyone suspicious, we leave them be."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2018, 03:16:29 pm »

"It's probably somebody setting a trap, right? Whether we're quiet or not mightn't matter, in the end. Doubly so if it's Caster. You're right, though. Guide me there, Lancer."
Lancer's master whispers all that, and subtly changes course to follow Lancer towards the beacon.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 10:32:21 pm »

All:
The first day finally gives away to the second night. Stars shine down through a perfectly clear sky once again, reflecting in the lake as the Holy Grail war continues. The streets are nearly abandoned as civilians return home, with streetlights beaming down on clear roads.

Rider/Master:

Rider finds himself easily capable of detecting the exact location of the beacon, and formulating an appropriate plan for approaching without exposing the pair to any unnecessary danger. The young mage's workshop defenses were less impressive, at best the alarms should warn them of any obvious assault. Many of the other defenses could potentially slow down an unprepared Master, but would provide no resistance to any sort of Servant.

Archer/Master:

The pair continues to make grand plans for the future, spending time casually as they wait for their planes to bear fruit. Archer's beacon continues shining in the city, nobody seems to have removed it yet. The time until it fades draws closer and closer.

Lancer/Master:

The pair makes their way towards the beacon, the trip going much more slowly on foot than it would have been soaring through the sky. Regardless, Lancer was easily capable of detecting the beacon's exact location. They soon arrive at a warehouse, in a secluded area near the forest side of the town. Despite Lancer's fear of others being attracted toward the beacon they appear to be the first to arrive.

Lancer's Master easily assesses that the beacon would be easy to remove, even a lesser mage should be capable of doing so in an instant with no trouble, apparently be design. Its possible that Servants with less developed sensory ability than Lancer would need to continuously follow the signal to find the location, removing it would make the area much more difficult to find. Of course any who already know its exact location wouldn't even be inconvenienced by its removal. She also detects a potent magical force-blazing brightly compared to the candle light of the beacon. They are apparently coming from the same location, with the beacon being added on top of a powerful magical artifact.

Meanwhile, Lancer's eyes are easily able to scan the area in spite of the darkness. Nobody is visible-human or otherwise. The only odd thing about the warehouse is a sword, sticking in the ground near the wall. A black and orange sword. Above the sword is a piece of paper, taped to the otherwise bare wall. Even from this distance, Lancer is able to make out the writing.

It says:
"PLEASE DO NOT KILL THE FOOL WHO HAS TAKEN THIS SWORD

To whoever finds this sword, beware, for if you take this sword, you risk death at the hands of those who I intend this sword to find. If you must take it, keep this page as well, and give it and the sword away to any any fearsome person who requests it. Do not fight to keep this sword, you will certainly die.

If you understand what the sword is, take it to the top of the tallest tower at noon, and return it to me. I wish to speak with you, but if you do not wish to speak with me, return the sword in any case.

-Archer"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 12:01:43 am »

Erm, sorry that we didn't bold actions for you, but we wanted to go check out the leyline convergence points, as shown in our conversations here:
"So, for tonight, I was thinking we could check out the lake and church, you know, the leyline convergence points Alice was suspicious of this morning?"
"As you wish. Be aware that I cannot in good conscience fight before tomorrow. If we see anyone suspicious, we leave them be."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2018, 12:52:22 am »

((I was under the impression you where still making plans, given that checking both points without splitting up. Did you want to go to the church, or the lake?first?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2018, 12:54:13 am »

((Closest one first. and thank you.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Night Phase 2
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2018, 12:35:17 pm »

Archer/Master:

Having decided to make their way to the nearest leyline convergence point, the pair heads off to the church. The journey isn't particularly noteworthy, neither noticed even a single person as they approached nearer and nearer to their destination. Walking from the more modern part of town to the brick-and-mortar historical district where the Church resides is a notable change, it feels almost like walking into an entirely new town.

Before long they arrive. The church is an old building, possibly the oldest in town. A fresh coat of paint is all that suggests it is still utilized for its original function, though the lights are off and it appears to have been abandoned for the night. Behind the church is a large graveyard, the final resting place for the town's founders alongside hundreds of others. It looks incredibly spooky at night, and you can't help but remember old rumors that the place was haunted. Behind the graveyard is a simple open field, behind that a forest. It sits right on the edge of town, and has plenty of space to itself.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »

Walk a lap of the building? see if anything seems out of place? Then go ahead and head inside assuming I don't see anything and Archer doesn't alert me to anything?

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 07:10:11 pm »

Archer aids in the search of the church grounds by feeling for magic or a Servant in the area.

JHYMERS

• Bay Watcher
  • Catchphrase!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2018, 04:32:40 pm »

Rider nods along quietly as his master shows him around the building, creating a defensive strategy in the unlikely event of a battle here.

Thank you for sating my curiosity master. I apologize for my disrespectful tone earlier, but it was necessary to confirm that we were safe first.

I understand, it just caught me off guard is all. So, I'm guessing that you have some ideas about what to do from here on. We can't just sit here and wait out the war.

No, we can't. I do have a few plans. I don't know if you can feel it or not, but there is a magical beacon of sorts within the city. I can lead us there undetected if you so choose. Otherwise, seeing as how we are a little behind schedule, I'm certain a servant or two have set up a base of sorts by leylines in the area. Even if they haven't the area would be of great strategic value.

Master: Hmm... I say we head towards the beacon, but if there is a leyline on the route to it, we stop and see if anything is siphoning mana from it. We can always double back to it later.

Rider and his master head in the direction of the beacon, but may stop at a leyline or two on the way depending on whats close. ((I don't know which leylines I know about specifically or where they are in relation to my workshop. I probably should have asked earlier. : P))

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2018, 01:30:58 pm »

Lancer relays this information to his Master and grumbles, "Definitely a trap of some sort. I think it ought to be best if we took a look around." with that, he slinks away to scope out the warehouse, keeping an eye out for any people or other dangers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 09:30:23 pm »

Archer/Master:

Nothing about the Church seems particularly unusual defense wise. There are no security cameras, defensive wards, sentries, or any notable security of the magic or mundane variety. Magic wise, there is a surprisingly powerful reading, apparently from the convergence point the church is built on. It seems like the area surrounding the church could be used to siphon more prana than usual, though not as much as could be gained by being inside the building itself.

No Servant could be detected. If there is one nearby, it is likely either a very stealthy Assassin, or in its Spirit Form. As such, the pair pushes open the door and enter the building. It isn't so much as locked, though the hinge is squeaky making a stealthy entrance ineffective.

Lovingly crafted stain-glassed windows decorate the walls, made centuries ago with the building. In front of several rows of pews sits an alter, above which is a wooden carving of Jesus during the crucifixion. To the left is a statue of the Virgin Mary. To the right is a beautiful organ, with an empty red chair sitting in front of it.

The door squeaks back shut as you enter.

Rider/Master:

The Leyline convergence points happen to be on the edges of the town-in the center of the lake and a church on the opposite outskirts. Unless you are coming in from outside the city, stopping at one on the way to your destination would be difficult. As such the pair begins heading towards the beacon.

After a fairly short trip, the pair finds themselves in a warehouse near the outskirts of town. It is apparently abandoned, with no sign of any person (human or otherwise). The beacon is apparently coming from a sword, with orange and black colorization, stuck in the ground near the wall. Above the blade is a note, taped to the side of the warehouse. Its difficult to make out its writing at any distance in the darkness, but it doesn't seem to be trapped or otherwise magical. The beacon itself should now be easy for even the Master to remove, apparently by design.

Lancer/Master

Lancer moves in to scope the warehouse, when his keen senses pick out an incoming woman in the darkness. A fairly-tall young-looking woman in jeans and a light jacket, with light brown hair. She seems to be looking in the direction of the sword, apparently she hasn't noticed you yet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17