Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18187 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Night Phase 2
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2018, 05:47:43 pm »

Archer/Master

As you leave the church, the door squeaks to a shut behind you once again. You set off on the surprisingly long journey across town, toward the lake. Despite the journey leading you form the historic district through the heart of the town, you don't see a single hint of another human being. The streets are empty. No cars drive along the road. It feels like a ghost town.

After your journey concludes, you find yourself at the town-side edge of the lake. There is a set of "docks" containing a few small boats that have yet to been put away for the winter. On your other side is a golf-course and resort, likewise nearly abandoned during this season.

The lake itself continues to reflect the starry sky above, as if you would fall into the sky by stepping foot into it. Simply sitting on the lakeside doesn't seem to be enough to actually increase your prana intake, the nexus seems to be much closer to the center.

Rider/Master

((Sooooo the other player vanished too. Weighing my options while waiting to see if he turns back up.))

From what little you can tell of the man's appearance, it is hard to hazard a guess. The Master, however, picks up a strong prana reading, suggesting that he is either a powerful master (perhaps a homonculus) or is indeed a Servant. Little else can be gleamed from the quick examination.

Caster/Master:
The "perhaps not" option quickly fades away as a man appears from the shadows, placing himself between you in the girl. "Halt your advance and identify yourself. Are you friend or foe? You have ten seconds before action is taken." he says.

Given his outfit, a set of bronze armor with purple accents, he is clearly the servant of the pair. Identifying more would be difficult, but Caster feels a certain connection with him...Perhaps they new each other in life, perhaps their legends are connected. In any case you would need a closer look to discern more. It is unlikely that they can see much of you, in your current position.

Lancer/Master:

A man exits the car, moving slowly from it between the trees in the relative direction of the girl. She apparently spots him, and a man rushes from the direction of the sword, putting himself between the car-man and the girl. They seem to be talking.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
  • The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2018, 12:09:45 am »

Oh, dear. This could be very, very bad. Still, I can at least try to recover from this - or even turn this to my potential advantage. That, and this fellow... He's familiar, somehow. But that's beside the point. For now... How do I go about this? Think, man, think...!

Caster, after a few moments of deliberation, does something fairly unwise; he remains within concealment, but announces his presence thusly:
"Greetings. I presume you're a servant? The armor really gives it away."

Chase, meanwhile, remains behind, prepared to utilize any tools or spells he has at his disposal, just in case anyone attempts to sneak up on him.
No longer at critical sig mass!
OOC: Hans Panda: Everyone's going to die. That's how they usually end.
OOC: Hans Panda: I try not to run them that way.
OOC: Hans Panda: But apparently when I'm the villain, I'm too efficient.
OOC: Hans Panda: Even when I monologue.

JHYMERS

• Bay Watcher
  • Catchphrase!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2018, 02:37:27 pm »

"I am. What of yourself? Am I to assume your human? If you are a servant, come out into the open. It is shameful to have me speak to a tree."

Astrid chooses this time to speak up. "He's giving off really large amounts of prana. If he's human, he's a powerful mage."

Rider amends his previous statement. "Which is it then? Servant or Mage?"

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2018, 05:02:07 pm »

"Ah, good. And yes, I'm indeed a Servant myself, madam."
As Caster says this, he walks from behind the tree.
"It's a pleasure to meet you both. The first night was peaceful - perhaps this night may be, as well... Or it may not."
He shrugs, looking over himself briefly.
"Anyhow... I'm Caster. And yourself...?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 06:46:19 pm »

Rider/Master

Caster certainly looked the part of a Servant, with long flowing cloths in addition to his white hair and silvery eyes. Rider feels a certain connection to this newcomer, as if their legends are related. Unfortunately, a True Name escapes him.

Caster

Out from behind your hiding place, you can now get a good look at the pair in the moonlight. The Servant appears to have dark hair, while the woman looks to be in her early 20's with light-brown hair. She is apparently unarmed, though you sense that she seems to be a skilled Mage. She has some jewelry with particularly high prana concentrations, notably a necklace carved with runes and a simple yet ornate bracelet on her left arm.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:33 pm »

It's the middle of the night, lets just borrow an unsecured boat and check on that nexus.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

JHYMERS

• Bay Watcher
  • Catchphrase!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2018, 07:57:13 pm »

"You're rather carefree aren't you. You have shown me respect in revealing such information to me. Honor dictates I must do the same. In this world they call me Rider, for the time being."
Rider looks the man over. He grimaces slightly, as if deep in thought.
"I cannot deny a connection of some sort with you, and yet you do not seem altogether familiar to me. I have known many men worthy of being called heroes, so I find this vexing."
Astrid looks mildly confused at the two warriors having what amounts to a friendly chat.
"Do you feel the same or is this a trick? I do not wish to kill this night, but if you have put a hex on me, I will not hesitate."

MCipher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2018, 08:02:40 pm »

"Oh, I wouldn't exactly call myself carefree... Perhaps trusting is a better word?"
Caster smiles, shrugging.
"Oh well. As to your other question... I indeed feel a connection to you. You're familiar... Somehow. I don't think I've seen you personally, though."
Caster pauses for a moment, then lightly chuckles, calling to mind the woman from the last night.
This man's actually humoring me with conversation. Exciting.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2018, 09:10:56 pm »

"Unfortunate that we must stoop to such things as thievery. I appreciate your resourcefulness, Master, but please try to separate yourself from common criminals." Archer examines the borrowed boat, and invokes his Imperial Priviledge (-5 prana), summoning a ghostly manual which he skims to gain a rank of Riding.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:51:53 am by The Ensorceler »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »

Archer/Master

The boats are all covered in tarps, and tied tight to the dock to prevent them from drifting away in the night. In addition, all of them seem to be motorboats with no key in sight. Untying them and removing any locks would be a simple task for Archer, however without a way to start them you would need an alternative method of propulsion.

((Imperial Privilege actually costs 20 Prana, unless I worked out something and didn't write it down >_>. Confirm use?))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 12:51:00 am »

((You're right, I was remembering the character creation points to take it. No activation, since the boats don't work.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:47 am »

All motorboats have a set of backup paddles in them, usually under a seat. It's slow, but it works.

Prioritize a small boat to keep the weight down. A canoe would have been best, but the smallest motorboat will do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 01:35:01 am »

With a slight grimace, Archer draws his silver blade and cuts away the bindings on the boat chosen by Faye. With the oars she has found, they can set off.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 01:57:27 pm »

Archer/Master:

A true local, Archer's Master finds the backup paddles left inside one of the smaller boats leaving her Servant to act as a source of propulsion. While a sub-optimal setup, it should get them to were they need to go fine, baring unforeseen circumstances.

The start of the trip was peaceful. Much like the Church, simply sitting on the boat in the lake increases your natural Prana income, more and more as you get closer to the center. The constant rowing was near silent, interrupted by the occasional whimper of your loyal Non-Servant companion. The ripples left behind your boat seem to vanish almost instantly, fading into the night almost as soon as they form.

As you get closer and closer to the center of the lake, the whimpering increases in frequency and loudness. You-both of you-start to feel something is off. Like someone is watching you, glaring at you, from an unseen location.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2018, 02:04:57 pm »

Hug Bolg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17