Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31460 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Paralympics, but more Special
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:28 pm »

Hank:

Try and get an accurate reading of all the potential hostiles, their weapons and vehicles. Stay very still so they don't think I'm a threat.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2018, 03:51:07 am »

Bobross:

Approach the group, wordlessly trying to convey the fact that I'm huge and they shouldn't fk with us.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2018, 01:36:43 am »

Steeve:

Move closer to the group putting my spear away. Try to say "hello, we mean no harm" hoping they speak the same language as us

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2018, 03:31:30 am »

Corvald
Observe their reaction to my mask and be prepared to put it away in case it makes them hostile.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2018, 04:04:14 am »

Scav:
Stay near the back of the group and lower my wrench to seem less threatening

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2018, 05:59:57 am »

Threaten them.
Tablerace 0

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2018, 04:54:23 pm »

((Once again, thanks to the torches, everyone can see everything physically going on.))

The group continues to approach the party, their three carts making a grinding and squeaking noise as they are pulled by two men each along the ground of flakes now so small they may as well be sand. There is an additional man sitting atop each cart, and seven men walking around the carts. Four of the men walking have spears and what looks like a plate of metal strapped over their chests, the man on the lead cart has some sort of staff, and the rest have their hands on small objects that are probably weapons. The walker directly in front of the lead cart has a spearman in front of him on either side, clearly protecting him, and he's wearing some bangles of metal. All of them are dressed in very drab and simple clothing, mostly looking like it was made from a single sheet of fabric, and at most kept in place with a simple sash or rope.

Hank:

Try and get an accurate reading of all the potential hostiles, their weapons and vehicles. Stay very still so they don't think I'm a threat.

[WIL: 2] You try you best to stay still but you can't help fidgeting around, bobbing your head and moving your hands in vaguely circular motions as if warming up for a boxing match. Coupled with your still-bleeding chest and blood spatters on your arms and face, it's safe to say anyone with the merest dribble of self preservation considers you a threat. Luckily, that doesn't prevent you from using your eyes. You manage to discern that that the front two spearmen have certainly taken notice of you specifically, and have relayed that to the man behind them, who seems to be in charge of them to some extent. The two walking men whose weapons you could not initially see are in fact carrying slings, and each has a large pouch on his waist. You can see odd bits of material poking out of the backs of the carts: jagged bits and lumps of metal mostly, although you don't see any of such for the middle cart.

Bobross:

Approach the group, wordlessly trying to convey the fact that I'm huge and they shouldn't fk with us.
Steeve:

Move closer to the group putting my spear away. Try to say "hello, we mean no harm" hoping they speak the same language as us
Threaten them.
Corvald
Observe their reaction to my mask and be prepared to put it away in case it makes them hostile.
Scav:
Stay near the back of the group and lower my wrench to seem less threatening

The party approaches the carts and their crew. Steeve takes the lead, striding forward while lowering his spear to a clearly non-threatening position at his side and saying "hello, we mean no harm". Meanwhile, [CHA: Bobross 4-1+1; Tablerace 6-1] Bobross takes position behind him and raises himself to his full bulk, clearly and wordlessly broadcasting the message that he's huge and should be targeted first if it comes to a fight, while Tablerace, displaying alarming agility for a man whose helmet has no eyeholes, lithely moves between both and, with great force, plants his staff directly in front of the foot of the lead spearman as the groups meet. Said spearmen glances behind him and takes a nervous step back, and the man behind him calls for the caravan to stop. In the interim, the other two spearmen have moved forward and are sizing up the party, while the two walkers at the back are both have their hands in pouches at their waist. Near the back of the party, Corvald and Scav both attempt to appear less threatening, Corvald by removing his mask, Scav by lowering his wrench. The cross-faced man simply stands behind everyone being a twitchy fuck.

There is a moment of silence; the man on the rear cart jumps off and runs forward excitedly, clutching a sickle -- he's hardly more than a boy. The spearmen keep their weapons at the ready, Tablerace keeps his firmly planted in a threatening position, Bobross rests his hand on the grip of his knife, and those who attempted to appear less threatening by lowering their weapons start to wonder if they made the right choice, when suddenly the man the spearmen keep glancing at for guidance speaks.

"Mean us no harm, eh? Well I suppose if you were here to kill us and take my cargo, you'd be doing a shitty job. What can Judas of the Edge do for you?"
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2018, 01:08:05 am »

Bobross:

Where are we?

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2018, 03:15:13 am »

Bobross:

Where are we?

Judas looks at you with a bemused expression.
"I've dealt with all sorts coming out of the darkness, but never ones that didn't know just where they were. This is the Edge, lads. Between Almen and Muss. Not a great place to be wandering around without knowing which way in which to wander!"
He chuckles a little at his own alliteration.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2018, 10:34:51 am »

Stand still as a sentry. The point is made. Wait for the talkers to use their words.
Tablerace 0

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2018, 04:47:04 am »

Bobross:

Chuckle at his alliteration. What are those places you mentioned?

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2018, 05:30:38 am »

Scav:
Nudge Bob and say, adding on to his question: ”And what’s the closest way to civilization?”

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2018, 10:59:38 am »

Hank:

Try to staunch my bleeding, and any other injuries I might have.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2018, 01:01:53 am »

Corvald
Indicate the mask.
Who has?

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2018, 03:42:13 am »

Steeve:

"Do you perhaps have a map that would help with explanations? We would be very grateful"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15