Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31457 times)

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die [BACK AGAIN!]
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2018, 05:28:49 am »

Steeve:

Slow down and face the newcomer with my spear, ask "why must you kill the mayor?"

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2018, 02:59:04 am »

Bobross:

Carry on towards the lights.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2018, 09:10:26 am »

Corvald
Walk. And join the chant to pass the time.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2018, 09:17:24 am »

Yes, the mayor must...must be ordered. Cut the fungus. Join us

Carry on with the group

(OOC hopefully the lights are close lmao)
Tablerace 0

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2018, 10:58:33 pm »

Steeve:

Slow down and face the newcomer with my spear, ask "why must you kill the mayor?"

Eddie Bard

"The better question is...why shouldn't I kill the mayor? Let's be honest here. We all hate his guts. Let's all work together to bury that jerk. Who's with me?"

Join the group
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:05:45 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2018, 05:16:03 am »

Scav:
Turn around and squint at the newcomer. Say: "With yah is a bit far, but ahm willin' not tah kill yah, s'long as you don't make me really want to. You wanna kill the mayor though, so step in, we's goin tah find 'im now. Turn back forward and keep trudging, whilst trying to spot anything in the darkness ahead.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2018, 06:49:44 am »

Steeve:

Bobross:

Carry on towards the lights.
Corvald
Walk. And join the chant to pass the time.
Yes, the mayor must...must be ordered. Cut the fungus. Join us

Carry on with the group

(OOC hopefully the lights are close lmao)
Steeve:

Eddie Bard

"The better question is...why shouldn't I kill the mayor? Let's be honest here. We all hate his guts. Let's all work together to bury that jerk. Who's with me?"

Join the group
Scav:
Turn around and squint at the newcomer. Say: "With yah is a bit far, but ahm willin' not tah kill yah, s'long as you don't make me really want to. You wanna kill the mayor though, so step in, we's goin tah find 'im now. Turn back forward and keep trudging, whilst trying to spot anything in the darkness ahead.

As the newcomer covers the remaining distance to the group, Steeve turns to him and brandishes his spear. "why must you kill the mayor?" Tablerace's response to the aspirant assassin is altogether more positive, if a little unsettling. He turns his head blindly, the eyeless helmet never gazing quite perfectly in the right direction but always close enough that there's no question that he knows where the man is. "Yes, the mayor must...must be ordered. Cut the fungus. Join us."
The newcomer, [WIL:6,4 H Crit: 2,3 H] not only unfazed but visibly encouraged by Tablerace's dubiously sane invitation, responds to Steeve's question with "The better question is...why shouldn't I kill the mayor?" before loudly adressing the rest of the group: "Let's be honest here. We all hate his guts. Let's all work together to bury that jerk. Who's with me?"
At this, Scav squints hard at him, the glint of beady eyes just visible through his facial foliage.
"With yah is a bit far, but ahm willin' not tah kill yah, s'long as you don't make me really want to. You wanna kill the mayor though, so step in, we's goin tah find 'im now.
At this, the newcomer happily falls into step with the rest of the group, and together they keep marching towards the light, Corvald joining in on Tablerace's chant. "Fungus, fungus, the mayor is a fungus", each syllable matching a footfall as the group slowly finds themselves to be stepping in time with each other -- except Scav, who every so often has to stop and wrench his pipe leg out of a a particularly soft spot in the flakes. The group start to notice that there is a slight, but growing incline and the non-blind members see that the flakes are becoming smaller; with clusters of very small, non-luminescent mushrooms poking out of the flakes. It is getting progressively gloomier, with less of the large luminescent mushrooms around and increasingly patchier lights above; seriously hindering the vision of everyone for whom sight matters. However, the supremely unstealthy figure of the person who splashed out of the water as the group departed can still be made out shadowing the party off to the right every now and then, and Tablerace is constantly aware of its footfalls.
As the group gets a little past two thirds of the way to their destination, Tablerace pauses his fungal chant as he notices the distant but approaching sound of footfalls, lots of them, from the left and slightly behind. They're rapidly getting closer and seem much louder than footsteps he's previously heard. One of the few large mushrooms that have been passed recently illuminates (for those gifted with sight) the figure of the cross-faced man, approaching from the direction of the sound. He's bleeding quite seriously from several wounds on his chest, and sprinting like he's trying to outrun a fire burning on his arse.

Hank:

Fucking run away, retreat.
Taking in your current situation, you decide NOPE.
[AGI: 4+1] You leap to your feet before the beast begins its charge and [AGI: 4+1+1, Crit 1] (+1 for positioning and awareness) roll effortlessly out of the path of its charge, only to find yourself directly in front of one of the larger ones. [AGI: 2+1] You stumble back as it attempts to gore you, and succeeds in scoring a shallow mark from your right hip to your left shoulder. You cast about quickly, trying to find a path out of the group of murderous animals. You see your opportunity [AGI:5+1, Crit: 1]  and take it, miraculously diving between horns and hooves to skirt around the flank of the large beast you just stumbled away from and then leaping out as a smaller one attempts to butt you with its crest. [AGI: 4+1] Finally in the open, you proceed to FUCKING RUN AWAY, mustering every ounce of adrenaline into a truly inspired sprint. You turn and look behind you: The herd is following. And not slowly. [WIL:5] You redouble your efforts, resolving not to die to a bunch of fucking albino whatevers. You sprint past one of the large glowing mushrooms and as soon as your eyes readjust to the darkness you notice a large group of people, some of whom you definitely recognise as those who did some killing on the beach, making progress towards the lights and looking at you with puzzlement.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - "Carry on towards the lights"
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2018, 03:32:00 pm »

Hank:

FUCKING RUN TOWARD THE LIGHTS, I JUST GOTTA OUTRUN THE REST OF THESE GUYS.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2018, 02:55:29 am »

Bobross:

Run really fast, until something happens.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2018, 02:58:12 am »

Steeve:

"Fair enough, lets continue! ONWARD TO THE MAYOR"

Run at super speed so i get to the lights in the next turn

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2018, 11:06:01 pm »

Eddie Bard

"We're closing in! Let's go everyone!"

Encourage the entire group to rush towards the lights as fast as we can.
Insert witty signature here

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2018, 11:27:57 pm »

Corvald
Run.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 07, 2018, 01:52:22 am »

Scav:
Follow the rest of our intrepid band

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 07, 2018, 11:26:22 am »

Run along with the rest of the group. Try to hear and isolate the numbers of approachers
Tablerace 0

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2018, 07:36:33 pm »

((NOTE: All of you (except Tablerace) are aware of everything that everyone else is doing this round))

Hank:

FUCKING RUN TOWARD THE LIGHTS, I JUST GOTTA OUTRUN THE REST OF THESE GUYS.

[AGI: 3+1]
You fucking book it towards the lights, but your earlier sprinting has definitely tired you a little bit. Nonetheless, the others seem slow to react to the impending threat and you manage to overtake all but one of them. The sound of the angry quadrupeds fades behind you.

Bobross:

Run really fast, until something happens.
Scav:
Follow the rest of our intrepid band
Run along with the rest of the group. Try to hear and isolate the numbers of approachers
Corvald
Run.

[AGI:
Scav: 5-1-1
(for running with a peg leg and rolling terribly for perception)
Tablerace: 5-1-1 (for running while blind and rolling terribly for perception)
Bobross: 3-1
Corvald: 3]

In a show of speed that would embarrass a three-legged tortoise with a clubfoot, Scav does an impressive job of finding almost every soft spot among the flakes and sticking his peg-leg into it, while Tablerace and Bobross stumble on every pile of flakes, bump in the terrain, and patch of mushrooms taller than a few centimeters or so. Even more embarrassing is that as the party runs, the cripples actually begin to outpace Bobross as he stumbles around. Try as he might, Tablerace is unable to discern anything about the thundering footsteps behind the party, in fact it is all he can do to remain certain of the direction of the footsteps in front of him so he can keep moving in the same direction as the rest of the party. Corvald, also struggling with the uneven terrain, throws his lot in with team cripple, gaining honorary membership on account of his scarred face and his leaving Bobross behind as he surges on.

Steeve:

"Fair enough, lets continue! ONWARD TO THE MAYOR"

Run at super speed so i get to the lights in the next turn

[AGI: 5+1, Crit 6]
Already near the front of the pack when everyone breaks out into their panicked sprint, you summon every ounce of cowardice you possess and channel it into what can only be properly described as a ninja vanish. You sprint away so fast that the next time someone thinks to look for you you're already over 200 meters ahead of the rest of the pack. After nimbly leaping off, over, and around every obstacle in your way (including a small creature with lots of teeth whose mouth you stepped into and out of again before the jaws could snap shut), you find yourself standing next to a tall rod of some kind, with a wad of some unidentifiable material on the end burning orange in the dark. There seems to be another of these every 20 meters or so in a line in either direction, and the ground here is very well-traveled, but by what you cannot tell.

Eddie Bard

"We're closing in! Let's go everyone!"

Encourage the entire group to rush towards the lights as fast as we can.

In a show of great wisdom and true leadership, you yell "We're closing in! Let's go everyone!" to rally the troops before bravely turning tail and [AGI: 6, 1 T Crit 4, 6 T] falling flat on your face as your foot catches on a particularly large and heavy flake. The thunderous, chorusing CRUNCH-THUD of mighty feet surges around you and you find yourself surrounded by somewhere in the vicinity of six white quadrupeds of immense size, with overlarge forelegs and gigantic crests of horns arrayed like a wall; with just the points curling forwards. Two, however, are larger, and their crests are oriented entirely forwards; a veritable forest of spikes. One of the two, with a significantly more scarred face than the other, stamps up to you aggressively, snorting, [WIL: 1,3 T Crit 2,6 H] and, after you let out a whimper of fear, pokes you a bit with its horns, testingly. [WIL: 3,4 H] It's painful, and leaves a few shallow, bleeding wounds on your back, but you keep calm this time and play dead as best as you can. However, after one of them -- a smaller one with a normal crest and a welt on its jaw -- nuzzles at you for a bit, it makes a few low whines and the herd begins moving away in roughly the direction they originally came from. You wait for a while longer before picking yourself up and following the others.

The Scene by the Torch

Steeve's body soon catches up with just how far beyond the pale of normal activity that sprint was, and he promptly keels over panting, just as Hank jogs in and does the same, finally exhausted by all the running and fighting. Scav shows up next, cursing at his peg leg, followed by Tablerace and Corvald. The three of them are a bit tired from all the stumbling and recovery they had to do but overall get away with just being a bit more tired than would be ideal. Next is Bobross, who, having accepted his inability to run, simply walked the remaining half of the distance at a leisurely pace.

Finally, as Steeve and Hank are starting to recover a little, the Newcomer arrives, bleeding from his back in much the same way as Hank is bleeding from his chest, but otherwise alright. Meanwhile, the man who has been tailing the party since the beach sits "stealthily" at the edge of the torchlight, attempting and failing to blend with his environment as he watches the group.

Just as everyone has recovered enough to speak, a new sound becomes apparent to Tablerace, and the others see first a figure, then several figures moving in the distance to the west. It quickly becomes apparent to all but Tablerace that what is coming towards the party is 3 carts accompanied by what looks to be about 14 people (but you can't be sure), some of whom are pulling the carts. They've clearly noticed you, and most of the people appear to have weapons, although they've done nothing hostile... yet, at least.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15