Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31600 times)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2017, 11:29:57 am »

Sneak away to the extreme left. Stay alert in case of ambush.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2017, 11:32:30 am »

Rush into the fray and start swinging at the nearest target.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2017, 12:14:22 pm »

I think that maybe the hedge will help me with my task if I help him get the situation under control. I try to sneak around and flank the tank of a man that just punched the hedge. Getting ready to pull his legs out from under him.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2017, 01:32:46 pm »

Hide somewhere close by and observe the splashing water stealthily.
Insert witty signature here

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2017, 01:40:56 pm »

Turn to the right. If successful, inspect what causes the noise. If really dangerous, run away.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 03:41:18 am »

Stop 5 m short.  Call out 'cease fighting!'
Tablerace 0

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 04:35:52 am »

Ready my guard as I eagerly await retaliation.

You back slightly away from the fight you've just started, grinning like a madman, and bring your arms up, ready to receive a blow.

I grunt in both pain and surprise, before responding by swinging at the kneecaps of the meat mountain that punched me with the blunt side of my wrench's head.

Your surprise and pain turns to quick, survival-based action as you turn and swing your wrench, attempting to disable your attacker.

COMBAT
Scav: 4+2, Bobross: 1+2+1 (preparation)

As Scav swings his wrench round, Bobross moves to knock it aside. However, he slightly underestimates the weight and speed of the wrench, and Scav succeeds in breaking through the block to deliver a painful, but not crippling, blow to the left knee.
Will: 3+2
Bobross grins. The hedge can fight!

Bobross:
As you receive the blow from the portable garden, you hear a splash out in the water, then you hear rapid crunching noises to your right and wheel to face a new threat: a cross-faced man with a raised, shining fist.

I think that maybe the hedge will help me with my task if I help him get the situation under control. I try to sneak around and flank the tank of a man that just punched the hedge. Getting ready to pull his legs out from under him.

4+1
As the hedge swings at the tank, you pad very stealthily around the other side and get ready to also go for the man's legs. You hear a loud splash out in the water, then you observe a man with a cross on his face sprint straight past you and attack the tank. You hear someone authoritatively say 'cease fighting!' Then you suddenly hear a high-pitched, ethereal scream from behind the fight.
6-1
And realise there are more people around you than you previously realised.

Rush into the fray and start swinging at the nearest target.

You sprint into the fray, and immediately take a swing at the nearest target, a huge, musclebound man. You think you might see a figure to your right out the corner of your eye, and you definitely hear a splash out in the water, but no time for that, there's violence to be done!

COMBAT
Hank: 5+1+1, Bobross: 1+2

Bobross wheels right to face his new assailant, but not quickly enough. Hank sprints in and ducks to the left under Bobross' clumsy intercepting jab before springing up and right and planting a metal left fist directly in Bobross' ribs, just below the armpit. A crunching sound is heard.
Will: 2+2
Bobross grunts in severe pain. This isn't the sort of fight he enjoys!

Bobross:
Your right ribs feel like they're on fire and you're not sure how well you can use that arm. You hear someone authoritatively say 'cease fighting!' Then suddenly you hear a high-pitched, ethereal scream almost directly behind you
3+2
And mentally prepare yourself for yet another threat.

Hank:
You get a little kick of satisfaction as the huge man flinches in pain at the force of your blow. You're pretty sure you broke some bones. You hear someone authoritatively say 'cease fighting!' then you hear a high-pitched, ethereal scream in front of you, behind the fray.
You are taken by surprise, stopping in your tracks and losing what was left of your previous momentum.

Scav:
As you bring your wrench back within your control after the swing, you see a greyish blur sprint in from your left and lay a fist into the side of the huge man. Then you you hear someone authoritatively say 'cease fighting!', followed by a high-pitched, ethereal scream to your right
You are stricken with fear, frozen stationary and terrified.

Turn to the right. If successful, inspect what causes the noise. If really dangerous, run away.

You move towards the right semi-blindly, but can't make anything out. You hear a muffled voice exclaiming in front of you, then, also from the front, you hear a high-pitched, ethereal scream.
You calmly weigh up your situation, then turn and run the fuck away.

Hide somewhere close by and observe the splashing water stealthily.

You try and think how best to hide, and conclude it'll be best to partially bury yourself under the beach flakes. Acting quickly, you clear a small shallow hole, lie down in it on your stomach facing the water, and pull the debris back over yourself. You are now practically invisible. You focus intently on the water, and you're certain you see movement under the surface, when suddenly you feel a heavy pressure on your back.
4, 4
You almost let out a noise but just manage to hold your breath. In the distance you hear a scream. As if in response, the weight leaves your back.

Stop 5 m short.  Call out 'cease fighting!'

You stop a few meters short of the fray and
5-1
Your voice takes on a commanding tone as you call out 'cease fighting!'
As you finish your proclamation you hear a high-pitched, ethereal scream directly behind you, extremely close by.
1, crit 4
The scream pierces your hyper-attuned sense of hearing and drives you to the ground, clutching your ears in agony.

Sneak away to the extreme left. Stay alert in case of ambush.

1, crit 1 ((ouch))
As you attempt to sneakily crouch walk through the shallow water, your foot catches on a large object under the water. You collapse forward, creating a huge splash, and as you struggle to catch yourself under the water your hand is cut on a sharp flake. As you regain your feet trying to decide between clutching your bleeding hand and gripping your cane, and look behind you, you see a lot of teeth. The creature is small, at most it would reach up to your knee, and it's only about a meter long. It appears to have four webbed legs and a large, spiny ridge on its back. It has no tail, but its head takes up most of its length: a huge, almost circular maw packed with rows upon rows of teeth, easily big enough to swallow a foot whole. Tiny black eyes glint in the darkness. It has a very tough-looking hide on its back, but the ridge looks quite brittle despite clearly containing blood vessels. From its stance though, and its small size relative to you, you're certain that it's just defending its territory and won't attack you provided you don't make any hostile moves towards it and continue to back away. This must be what you tripped on. You glance quickly toward the shore to your left and see a bizarre and dangerous scene. The cross-faced man and the unkempt man are both laying into the huge man while the small man has snuck off to the right. The tall pale man has reached the fight and you think he said something to the effect of "cease fighting!" Meanwhile the man who looked lost has approached the gathering, but he is not the only one: there are in fact two other figures stalking the fight. One is the spear-carrying one you saw earlier, the other has a medium-length blade. They are both nearly naked. The lost man is approaching them from behind when an extremely loud scream emanates from the pair, and they start moving forward. The lost man stops and begins running in the opposite direction. Your eye is further drawn by more movement to the right: on the other side of the mushroom's light, another two nearly naked figures are moving in the direction of the fight, seemingly in response to the scream. It's clear to you that they are trying to catch the people on the beach in a pincer movement.

"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 04:53:04 am »

Figure out what's causing that unearthly screaming.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 05:16:10 am »

Realising this isn't fun anymore, draw my knife with my left hand to dissuade my attackers. Also try to work out what the scream was.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 06:01:02 am »

If I managed to escape, stop and inspect the surroundings.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 12:07:38 pm »

Continue hiding and observing the situation around me. Get up and run away if something dangerous approaches me.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:37:11 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2017, 01:25:11 pm »

Hit it's ridge with my cane. If that doesn't kill it, poke it's eyes out.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2017, 04:26:02 pm »

Attempt to regain control of myself so I am able to retaliate.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2017, 08:11:18 am »

Inside. Inside my, my head - the pain! A thousand thousand spears, a host of daemons in my ears. I must get away.

Desperately leap forward, jab staff backwards as I run forward. Keep running, ignoring all sensory input, veering back to the water.
Tablerace 0

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:56 am »

Turn around and jump in fright at the screams while scrambling away out of fear
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15