Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31611 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 05:25:38 am »

Lower wrench and squint at small man
Speaking slowly and enunciating carefully: Issat so? And why you gotta kill the mayor eh?
I... I do not know. I cannot remember anything before this moment. All I know is that the mayor must not live.
Shout in the affirmative. Listen for quick movement,  move slowly toward commotion with guard up.

As Scav and Steeve have their exchange, they both hear someone shouting in agreement to Steeve's exclamation, but can't tell where the shout came from.

Scav: You hear something in the water immediately in front of you.

Name:
Eddie Bard
Skills:
None
Perks:
Extreme Luck - For all rolls, roll an extra dice and flip a coin. If the coin is heads, use the higher roll between the two dice. If tails, use the smaller roll.
Appearance:
Looks like a bearded homeless man, but dressed in an expensive looking suit. The suit is actually made of cheap materials.
Condition:
Missing two fingers on his left hand. Missing pinky toe on right foot. Colorblind. Illiterate.
Inventory:
Rags.
$2000 in counterfeit cash. (Easily identified as counterfeit by merchants and others who handle money often)

Edit: Tried to make my character more balanced.

As you wade towards the beach, you pray that your suit will hold together. It seems to be very cheaply made despite a stylish cut. Patting down your pockets you find some green paper bills, but manipulating anything is difficult with your missing fingers and you can't make out the meaning of the squiggles on them. Extending your appraisal to the shore, you see a man running across the shore towards a glowing mushroom slightly left of you. Past the mushroom are 3 men, one hulking, one small, and one bedraggled. The bedraggled one seems to be threatening the small one with a club or something. Further left is a tall pale man walking towards them slowly. You hear him shout an affirmative. Behind the first man you see a shape moving in the gloom and you can hear some slight noise in that direction.

Hearing what was said, I realise that it might be worth overcoming my urge to fight for the sake of killing the mayor.
Intelligently weigh up my options.

You pause and reflect, straining your brain against the issue of cooperating vs having a good punch up. Wait how is this an issue? Punch ups rule. You think violence is probably the best course of action.

Name: Corvald

Skills:
Charisma -4
Perception +2
Dexterity +2

Perk:
+1 to surviving damage to the head

Appearance:
An old man. His face bears the remains of a fire , but oddly enough, his eyes are perfectly undamaged.

Condition:
Torched face

Item:
Rags, metal cane

As your cracked and melted face breaks the surface you immediately take stock of your surroundings, sharp eyes piercing the gloom from behind a ruined visage. You see a man far to your left looking lost on the shore, to the right you see a man approaching what appears to be a three way standoff next to a glowing mushroom. Past that you see a figure moving in the darkness a good couple dozen metres away. Approaching the mushroom from the extreme right is a man you can't make out properly, but he's running. Past him you see another shape in the darkness. You hear the man approaching the standoff shout an affirmative.

Kill the one who said they must kill the mayor. I WILL KILL THE MAYOR.

You start running towards where the voice came from, in the direction of the mushroom.

"Where the hell am I?"

Inspect the surroundings.

The ground is made of strange flakes of various and hard to identify materials, some crumbly, some brittle, and some malleable. To your right along the shore you think you can see a few figures framed against a glowing green mushroom. As you stare intently in that direction to confirm, you hear the distinct sound of movement off to your left (inland) and ahead of you (towards the mushroom).

Shout in the affirmative. Listen for quick movement,  move slowly toward commotion with guard up.

You can't hear any movement but your own, but nonetheless you move slowly and blindly towards the source of the commotion with your weapon raised, and shout your agreement with the mayor-killing sentiment.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 05:34:21 am »

Head towards the mushroom, ascertain location of the voice.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 07:30:23 am »

Turn to the left. If successful, try to inspect what causes all that noise.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 08:58:43 am »

The hedgey one looks punchable, so I swing a hook at him using my off-hand so as not to end the fight too quickly.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:04 am »

Observe my surrounding. Focus on paths that would take me away from the gathering.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:27 pm »

Spin around trying to find the source of the shout and ready myself incase it's a threat

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2017, 01:35:26 pm »

I say gruffly to the small man: If you don't mind who kills him, we may have common cause, but for now it appears we have company. and get ready to react to whatever come out of the darkness.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2017, 02:05:29 pm »

Investigate the shape moving in the gloom.
Insert witty signature here

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:19 am »

Head toward the voices, cautiously with guard up.
My thoughts right now are people good killers bad.
A thought enters my mind

Clean slate.
Tablerace 0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:25 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChildishShamshino

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2017, 01:54:09 am »

Ayyayyron

Char + 2
Will +1
Phys +2
Int -1
Percep -1
Dex -2
Agi -1

Fairly tall, slender, thug-looking guy. Unshaven face, a head of medium length dreads. Missing a functional right eye due to glaucoma, leaving a mushy white mass in its place. Covered with tattoos. Around his neck, a Roc-a-fella piece dangles on a flashy, gold-plated chain, the final surviving fragment of his past life.

Perk
Thug life - growing up in the violent streets of Harlem, Ayyayyron realised early on that he either had to adapt to his unforgiving surroundings or succumb to them. Not being a bitch he chose the former, leading to him being adept in the art of not being fucked with. -1 to opponent willpower while in combat

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2017, 01:58:59 am »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

((Sorry, missed your post! Yes let me put a waitlist up))

Ayyayyron

Char + 2
Will +1
Phys +2
Int -1
Percep -1
Dex -2
Agi -1

Fairly tall, slender, thug-looking guy. Unshaven face, a head of medium length dreads. Missing a functional right eye due to glaucoma, leaving a mushy white mass in its place. Covered with tattoos. Around his neck, a Roc-a-fella piece dangles on a flashy, gold-plated chain, the final surviving fragment of his past life.

Perk
Thug life - growing up in the violent streets of Harlem, Ayyayyron realised early on that he either had to adapt to his unforgiving surroundings or succumb to them. Not being a bitch he chose the former, leading to him being adept in the art of not being fucked with. -1 to opponent willpower while in combat

((You too))

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2017, 03:38:30 am »

Head towards the mushroom, ascertain location of the voice.

You stand next to the mushroom, trying to figure out where the voice came from. You're pretty sure it came from further along the shore, and you see four people in that direction: one tall, one short, one huge, and one average. There appears to be a fight going on. There is also someone some meters out in the water to your left.

Turn to the left. If successful, try to inspect what causes all that noise.

You turn slightly to the left and begin moving that way, straining your eyes and ears. You can still just barely hear some movement in that direction. Additionally you can tell hear some sort of commotion more to your right.

I say gruffly to the small man: If you don't mind who kills him, we may have common cause, but for now it appears we have company. and get ready to react to whatever come out of the darkness.

You make your gruff statement to the small man and turn with your guard up to watch a tall, pale man in a sealed-face helmet and ragged trousers emerge from the darkness, bearing a long pipe like a staff. You can see someone moving quietly on the right hand side of the tall man. Then the huge man who'd walked up earlier and stared at you with a puzzled expression suddenly takes a swing at you.

The hedgey one looks punchable, so I swing a hook at him using my off-hand so as not to end the fight too quickly.

Deciding that talky noises are boring and punch noises are much more fun, you take a swing at the bushy man.

COMBAT
Bobross: 6+2; Scav: 5

Bobross takes a lazy swing at Scav with his left hand and Scav is caught completely unaware, as he was focused on the figures in the dark. The hook connects square with Scav's jaw, no doubt leaving a good bruise, but by no means putting him down.

You get it just right and manage to put a nice punch, not too hard, not too soft, into the human hedge's jaw. He'll be good for a few more rounds of scrapping. As you grin in anticipation, you notice another man to your left, tall skinny looking fella with a snazzy helmet. You also spot a nondescript man with a cross on his face standing under the mushroom to your right.

Observe my surrounding. Focus on paths that would take me away from the gathering.

You take a good look around. The lost looking man has begun moving inland at about 45 degrees to the beach. The man running towards the mushroom has stopped at said mushroom and is looking around. Additionally there is a man in the water fairly far away to your right, about in line with the mushroom. The man approaching the standoff has now reached it and you can see he's tall, pale, and helmeted. At the standoff you can tell there's a big guy, a little guy, and a kinda rough looking guy. The big guy punches the rough guy. Further inland from that you can see a figure stalking the gathering, with what looks like a spear. Looks like your safest path would be to the extreme left if you're trying to avoid everyone.

Spin around trying to find the source of the shout and ready myself incase it's a threat

You hear the hobo-looking man say If you don't mind who kills him, we may have common cause, but for now it appears we have company. to you as you do a spin towards the voice in the darkness and get ready to do something should it be scary.

Investigate the shape moving in the gloom.

You move towards where you saw the shape moving but you can't see anything more. You're now on the beach, on the edge of the mushroom's light. Suddenly you hear something splashing in the water behind you.

Head toward the voices, cautiously with guard up.
My thoughts right now are people good killers bad.
A thought enters my mind

Clean slate.

You walk towards the voices. You hear one say If you don't mind who kills him, we may have common cause, but for now it appears we have company. Now you're pretty sure you just heard one hit the other. You hear the sound of the beach flakes crunching to your left.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2017, 03:57:56 am »

Ready my guard as I eagerly await retaliation.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 08:24:07 am »

I grunt in both pain and surprise, before responding by swinging at the kneecaps of the meat mountain that punched me with the blunt side of my wrench's head.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15