Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38396 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Ludicrous Gibs
« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2017, 02:30:25 am »

Lend Thomas some of my ghost-stength, giving him the willpower needed to continue fighting.
He has willpower to spare. You, on the other hand, are dead and therefore unable to manifest as a ghost.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2017, 03:34:03 am »

Lend Thomas some of my ghost-stength, giving him the willpower needed to continue fighting.
He has willpower to spare. You, on the other hand, are dead and therefore unable to manifest as a ghost.
Isn't being dead, like, a prerequisite to manifesting as a ghost or something (barring a few corner cases, of course)?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 07, 2017, 03:35:13 am »

Yes. Ghosts can only be dead people, but because dead people are incapable of doing things like being ghosts, one can conclude that ghosts do not actually exist.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2017, 04:27:35 am »

Drop that teargas nade in behind me in the direction where I think my kidnapper was, then start getting the hell away. Try to go for a slight careful jog, sticking out my arms to prevent smacking into a tree. If there's a lot of trees and bushes around though then just crawl away.

Once outside of the teargas cloud, pop the smoke nade behind me and keep moving. Also if my suit has any sort of beacon to signal my location then activate it.

And try to regain hearing I mean seriously.

Over general radio: "Anybody still there? On of those tribal fucks just tried to..." Lana realized that even if the mechs were still around, most of them cared less about her than they would about a grease stain on their shirt, so she directed her pleads to the one that seemed to be somewhat sane.

"Ferrus, are y-, are you still there? Please get someone to bail me out of here, I'm not sure how long that flashbang will hold them off. One of them just tried to kidnap me or something! Just home in on my suit signal."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:38:36 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2017, 06:11:02 am »

Trying to fight these mages in melee with a Titan will be like trying to kill an annoying fly that never lands, except your arms have a thousand times the inertia. Melee Titans can work, but they're for killing mechs and beasts, not mages. A melee focused Hardsuit or Tech Gear (axe-wielding drones? :3) would be a better choice.
Also the higher-ups deny your request for a giant bomb to wear on your back. Something about needlessly endangering ground troops.

Would you be willing to expand on your character being a "crazy old man"? That doesn't give me a very good picture of how he acts in practice.
He is the explosives and suicidal type of crazy (going into a fight strapped to a bomb and screaming incoherently). What about a giant missile launcher instead of a huge bomb and smaller explosives launchers instead of fists? Anything that explodes works.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2017, 10:05:28 am »

"Weren't you fools here for a reason?  There's a whole town just full of Arcane, yeah?  But no, not gonna go harvest that, too busy fucking about like idiots.  Yet again, I'm struck by Zrand's ability to pick 'em, at least the bastard's dead now..."

Grab a couple of the mook corpses, and loot their grenades.  Then take to the air and head towards the village, looking for the mission objective.  NO MORE LANDING; the ground is a terrible terrible place where titan weapons will kill Narcissus through splash damage.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2017, 10:37:02 am »

Yeah, I'm here, Ferrus glances at his Coms ID screen, he's always had trouble with names and latelly he felt like it had gotten worse. Lana, wait, that flashbang was you? Fuck, hold on I'll bring up your location. But do you know what your kidnapper is? These guys have some weird ass tech, never seen anything like it. Ferrus begins to type into his nav console as he says this. He waits for a second as he waits to for a response of some kind, all he hears is hurried breathing. 'He sighs, great he thinks, it's either broken or she's deaf. Either, way that makes things that much harder for a rescue.'

Ferrus hails the general com. Hey, Narcisius, we've got a man down and possibly captured by the enemy. If your still functional I would appreciate the assistance in getting them back.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:55:46 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2017, 10:49:53 am »

((Shouldn't Pushing have made me better at dealing with that?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2017, 11:33:54 am »

Yeah, I'm here, Ferrus glances at his Coms ID screen, he's always had trouble with names and latelly he felt like it had gotten worse. Lana, wait, that flashbang was you? Fuck, hold on I'll bring up your location. But do you know what your kidnapper is? These guys have some weird ass tech, never seen anything like it. Ferrus begins to type into his nav console as he says this.

Ferrus hails the general com. Hey, Narcisius, we've got a man down and possibly captured by the enemy. If your still functional I would appreciate the assistance in getting them back.

((The turn mentioned she was deafened by the flashbang so I'm not sure if she would be able to hear your response. Hey Egan, just how deaf is Lana exactly?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 07, 2017, 11:52:11 am »

"Excellent shot, Ferrus. Lana, what is your situation? This is X4, coming to assist."

Stomp off and look for our missing soldier, homing in on her suit signal. If I can, use my Engineer skill to repair the miniguns.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:26:24 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 07, 2017, 11:54:32 am »

"They got captured by goddamn natives?  How incompetent can you get?!  Look, Ferrus, I get your whole military fetishism of never leaving people behind, but some people are just more trouble than they're worth!  If they're getting caught by these yahoos, there's no point saving them, they'd just brain themselves on a rock as soon as we stop watching them."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2017, 12:07:36 pm »

When you see what these natives can do Narcisius you'll be singing a different tune. These natives are dangerous. Took out one of our own without a mark on him. some weird suit too, their own guy went catotonic after he took out our guy. Ferrrus grumbles.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:18:15 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 07, 2017, 12:58:32 pm »

Yeah, I'm here, Ferrus glances at his Coms ID screen, he's always had trouble with names and latelly he felt like it had gotten worse. Lana, wait, that flashbang was you? Fuck, hold on I'll bring up your location. But do you know what your kidnapper is? These guys have some weird ass tech, never seen anything like it. Ferrus begins to type into his nav console as he says this.

((The turn mentioned she was deafened by the flashbang so I'm not sure if she would be able to hear your response. Hey Egan, just how deaf is Lana exactly?))
All that Lana can hear is ringing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 07, 2017, 01:02:21 pm »

((Shouldn't Pushing have made me better at dealing with that?))
Yes, but Ferrus went before you on initiative, so the roll marked "surprise half-dozen missiles to the face" was to see if you could activate Push and dodge before you got hit.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 07, 2017, 02:38:37 pm »

I changed the weapons in the sheet. If the weapons are still wrong feel free to change them for anything else as long that is explosive.
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22