Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)  (Read 8181 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Calamities of the New Gods (Godgame, OOC thread)
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:10 pm »

I had the hardest time working with the question, "What is the strongest vegetable?" Potatoes seemed like a good choice  :P

Get creative with it, I'd like some sort of strength related thing, but besides that, whatever floats your boat.

Edit: Also I too don't like the addictiveness/worship of the mushrooms. It basically forces all the Vri to worship you, which from another god's standpoint, is an aggressive move. People who play(ed) Pantheon, can tell you that Lu will not like that at all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:01:48 pm by Roboson »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:02 pm »

Opinion on god?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There, slapped something together. I've got to go do other stuff now. Heh.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

@Roboson

I'll tone them down in effectiveness through a edit, I have played the underdog plenty of times during God's Game, I was just trying to make a powerful initial move. Most people I thought were going to make geographical alterations, and all I did was provide a income of worship to come from the only sentient race

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2017, 04:09:26 pm »

I would encourage you to maybe save them for later, but a debuff may work too. All of the mortals for the entire world, let me reiterate them EVERY MORTAL, would have these tasty addictive mushrooms on hand and would eventually follow you due to this addiction. For the rest of us who need a slice of that mortal pie, ignoring that would be a really really dangerous thing to do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 04:11:34 pm »

Please don't start causing full-scale Calamities yet.
And please don't make every single goddamned Vri addicted to your shrooms, Shadowclaw. I really don't want a repeat of the Acterians.

Hey I think varalins tears actually helped the acterians more then harmed the poor guys.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2017, 04:13:15 pm »

ATH, the issue is more with the "everyone's insane" part. The Acterians were already insane by the time you gave them the Tears; that was more like medication. Shadowclaw is giving them shrooms coated in cocaine and crossbred with platypus venom.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »

Well damn.

Still I hope I get in the game. I would have been one of the first to submit a Sheet if I was online at the time.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2017, 04:26:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have a Remnant.
Undeath and joy that's an interesting and unusual combination and I like interesting and unusual combinations you're on the waiting list :).

@Madman you are also on the waiting list

@Roboson

I'll tone them down in effectiveness through a edit, I have played the underdog plenty of times during God's Game, I was just trying to make a powerful initial move. Most people I thought were going to make geographical alterations, and all I did was provide a income of worship to come from the only sentient race
The whole changing the Vri plan isn't going too work to well mostly because your actions helped me realize I need a rule; Mortals can only be changed be a god they already worship otherwise the changes are temporary.

The reason for this is I've set the game up so you have to compete for the Vri at the start. If I allow players to make changes to the Vri then they can either lock all the other gods out of worship or set them on the path to extinction easily.

Well damn.

Still I hope I get in the game. I would have been one of the first to submit a Sheet if I was online at the time.
We'll see how this turn goes. I might let in a few more players depending on how it goes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

Yep it is. I now ask a question what do the Vir look like? The mortals. I need to kinda know to have an idea what I might do to them....Also What would making a single mortal undead cost?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 05:18:04 pm »

The Vir are tall, very muscled, thick matted fur on their back that resembles the reed grass and they have large powerful hands excellent for picking up heavy objects and chucking them at a target. As for the cost of reanimating the dead, a single undead creature or mortal is a minor act so long as you don't expect it to last very long. Creating lots of undead or a very powerful undead would be an act. Creating an undead capable of worship would take a great act.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 05:39:44 pm »

How powerful can my two acts be, these mushrooms have no negative connection with them. Their just as highly addictive as something like sugar (because it's rare to find in nature) is hard-wired into the average animal's brain, than they make a creature want to intentionally spread the mushroom seed as some sort of co-relationship deal. And secondly in trying to just introduce schizophrenia, as a form of mental disease, into sentient creature as a form of genetic disease. These acts don't seem that powerful, to me.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »

You're going to turn this into a nasty tale of us beating down your ridiculously schizophrenic addicts and it's going to get unpleasant.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 06:20:24 pm »

How powerful can my two acts be, these mushrooms have no negative connection with them. Their just as highly addictive as something like sugar (because it's rare to find in nature) is hard-wired into the average animal's brain, than they make a creature want to intentionally spread the mushroom seed as some sort of co-relationship deal. And secondly in trying to just introduce schizophrenia, as a form of mental disease, into sentient creature as a form of genetic disease. These acts don't seem that powerful, to me.

Entire societies have been wiped out by less. You should look up the Opium Wars some time. By targeting the genetics of the Vri before people even had a chance to recruit them as worshipers you made me realize there was a massive vulnerability in the rules that could potentially lead to some very unfun situations. Imagine this; what if another player used your methods to make the Vri deathly allergic to your mushrooms after you get some mushroom eating worshipers, overtime more and more Vri would become unable to eat your mushrooms killing your followers in a manner that is almost impossible to undo or stop. It's not just the schizophrenia, letting players alter the Vri while everyone needs them opens the door to all kinds of unpleasant abuse. Hence the rule change. It was an oversight on my part.

Also even if they are addicted they aren't going to spread your mushrooms, they have yet to discover farming and have not made the connection between seed and plant.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 06:45:07 pm »

Oh, I know a great deal about the Opium Wars, but how is addiction against the rules. Creating something as simple, like sugar, their just hard-wired into the brain to be addicted because it's hard to find in nature. The reality is that I'm not intending these items to be changed to the existing sentient creatures, I'm adding a new things, or plant, into their environment that could potentially affect them. I guessed it should be revised as a general-environment factor, instead of a direct correlation to the sentient creatures, that's the way they should be treated.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:46:41 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10