Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230090 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1395 on: April 21, 2018, 04:06:58 pm »

Oi, m8, those rolls, what the hell. I know you're holding out on us. Where is the good stuff?

Ahem, anyways, shoot at an automaton is one is clearly visible.

If I have a clear view on the magebreaker, try to ascertain whether I could try to angle a shot so that if impacts and explodes just next to the shield but still near to him. Or would that not do a lot of damage?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
[1v1]
You take another potshot at an automaton and totally graze it really good. If it had skin or muscle it might actually care or feel it at all.

And no, you can't see the Magebreaker. None of the group really can, I'm just letting you know what he's doing for narrative purposes.

"We've freed slaves and defended this city from ungodly terrors, while your fuckbuddy the king has sat with that metal cup up his ass, waiting for his kingdom to burn! Is this really a fight you want to pick, hedge-mage?
Well if you're so strong, why don't you put away the tinkertoys and fight us like a man? Coward! It will feel good to suck whatever impotent words you've picked up from your mangled corpse!
But you don't have the balls, do you? I bet your king got them lopped off so you wouldn't fight back when he puts it in your butt! You're nothing but a grovelling weaking, you may as well kneel now, it'll hurt less to die that way!"

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Harsh words eh? That's an interesting strategy lets see if it works out for you.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven curses and mutters under his breath as the watchtower comes down.  After a few seconds he gathers himself and starts shouting to the remaining slaves on the train.  "OPEN FIRE!  HE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE, KILL HIM BEFORE HE KILLS YOU!"

Shout for the remaining slaves to open fire.  He might've just guessed that the watchtower was too good a position to leave unoccupied, but I suddenly have the feeling that flankers aren't of significant value.

Then cast a "Titanium Mortarshot" at him, hoping the high angle and significant weight will bypass the greatshield to do meaningful damage.  And fire a shot with the rifle if that's also allowed.

...Do we still automatically lose the game if we lose this hex?  Because honestly, fighting this guy doesn't look like it's worth some extra metal words.  Best case scenario, we kill a mage breaker, and then we're even higher on the king's shitlist.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[4, 6v4, 4v4]

You point your finger into the sky, eye balling the distance to where the mage breaker probably is and trying to intuit the right angle and force. After a moment you brace your outstretched arm with your other hand and cast the spell. A lump of titanium in the shape of a tear drop, about the size of your head and probably weighing a few hundred pounds, shimmers into existence just beyond the tip of your finger. It holds for a moment and then rockets off, some sort of magical recoil jerking your arm back as it does. The round flies in a high parabola and then comes down straight towards the mage breaker. It gets within maybe 10 or 15 feet of him and then seems to evaporate. Or not evaporate...its shredded into a million tiny bits of metallic confetti as it passes an invisible line above the man's head.

"That ain't no good. That Ain't no good at all."

Load 3 ColdIron bullets into the full-auto rifle and shoot thrice. One bullet per automaton, unless I only have line of sight on 1 or 2 of them. In that case, shoot one of them twice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[8v5][2v1][1v6]

You take a knee and line the sights up on the two automatons you can see. You fire three rounds in quick succession, trying to restrain the recoil and resight the rifle each time. The first round catches a bot in the chest and causes a vibrant multi-tonal explosion like the round set off a half dozen fireworks trapped in the creature's chest. It blows a fist sized hole straight through as well and the machine stops dead in its tracks.  The second round catches the bot in the thigh area and blows a clean hole through, rendering the leg nothing but a hard, motionless hunk of metal. The bot continues forward, though far slower and with great difficulty. The third round...you don't even see where it goes.

The tower continues to twist and collapse, all the while the men on it fire wildly down at the robots and magebreaker below. Someone manages to finish off the damaged bot, both otherwise they don't seem to do any good. The platform crashes to the ground and splinters into pieces , taking out part of the burning warehouse in the process. Two of the slaves die on impact, bodies broken among the wreckage. A third is partially trapped but alive, and the last is flung clear and lands, mostly unscathed, a dozen feet away.

The other slaves try to get a shot but can't see anyone through the fire, the rubble and the various structures in their way.

[5v2,8,7][5+1]
The Bots continue their action, spraying fire onto the building, but the mage breaker steps around, to get a better view of the distant wizards firing on him. You notice, as he walks, that the ground seems to be being flattened, as though by a giant woodworking plane. He looks at the rock pile intently, though you can only see his helmet and not his face. Then he plants his shield and, rather dramatically, stomps on the ground with his right foot. The rock pile rumbles and shivers a moment before a geyser of magma erupts out of it.  Two of the slaves with the group are caught straight up in it and vanish without a sound. Well, without a sound other than their chests bursting as their organs boiled. Murphy and Abu leap to a safety, as does the remaining slave. Coven takes it flat on the entire front of his body. Luckily the magma is hard, thick and heavy; he doesn't get covered in it, instead it slaps him away like a solid stone. But its in contact with him long enough to reduce his suit to charcoal and ash. The flame resistance probably saves his life but  his skin on most of the front of his body still gets second degree burns, leaving him looking like raw, bloody bacon.  He remains conscious; you can tell this because of how he is screaming.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 21, 2018, 04:38:31 pm »

Get into the nearest cover, then shoot some brobots again. Since Pan got of three shots in a turn, could I get more shots in as well?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 21, 2018, 04:45:41 pm »

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? KILL THE RICH BASTARD BEFORE HE KILLS YOU!"

Activate my eyes to repair Corven. Stay behind cover (THAT MEANS COVER AND CONCEALMENT)

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:22:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 21, 2018, 05:25:51 pm »

((Note for syv: that magical field that stopped your spell didn't totally destroy the projectile, just chopped it up really good. The small pieces impacted the asshole but he didn't care enough to roll End.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1399 on: April 21, 2018, 07:25:04 pm »

"Ooops."

Try making a hole in the north wall with one of my Distortion Dust Orbs.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
You fire one of the orbs into the wall. It begins eating through and though it doesn't get all the way through in this turn, you can see into the next room through the holes in the material. There are two men in there; gang members by the look of it. The seem so intently focused on the door that they don't see the wall slowly being dissolved next to them. They're probably set to ambush anyone who goes down that hall.

Send Lizzy up the hall toward the screaming and gunshots. Have her drag one of the opposing gang members to me and ask - no, demand - of him: a) the number of different gangs in this area b) the location of the bosses of each gang. If he gets violent on the way, Lizzy is instructed to remove the offending part, except his head in the case of biting. If the gang member dies en route, Lizzy is instructed to return for the next one. This will continue as long as time allows or until I get the answers I am after. Or we run out of gangsters.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

You send Lizzy away, with the mission of bringing you back one gang member, slightly used but still in good enough condition for a chat. Lizzy hisses and wriggles of at a speed you can only dream of. She doesn't come back this turn though...must be pretty far till the next gang member.

You lean against the wall and ponder getting a scooter or a skateboard. Something to let you move a bit faster. And with a bit more style.

With his right shoulder, Brian charges the gangster, trying to tackle him into the barrels behind him.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
[9v2]
You drop low and charge forward, running your shoulder straight into the man's solar plexus. The two of you continue forward until you it the barrels, and even then nearly smash one to pieces, the man's body whipping back violently against the wood as it splinters. After a moment of holding him there you pull back and let him fall forward far enough for you to grab him by the throat. You're about to continue pummeling him when you realize his head is lolling back and forth limply. The tackle broke his neck. You hold him for a moment more before letting him drop to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

"This is why I wasn't allowed to play football" you mutter, looking at the gash on your arm.

Go disarm this guy by slicing his hand off, and then grab him to use as a human shield for any more incoming rounds.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

[7v5]
You draw your sabre and holster the shotgun in one motion and then wait for the man to attack again. As he swings his blade at you, you swing at him, using your strength and his, you slice straight through his forearm and send his hand, still holding the blade, clattering away. The man screams and starts to back away, holding the stump.
[7v1]
You step forward, grab his good arm and twirl him around. You jerk his remaining arm up behind his back and slide into place behind him, putting his body between you and the far door before placing your blade against his throat.  You wonder if his "teammates" are the sorts of guys who would shoot through their buddy to get you. Almost as though in direct response to your thought, the man leans out and fires again.

[4v3]
The bullet whizzes past again, hitting the ceiling this time.

The two men in the room that Issac just partially exposed leap into action when Lizzy crawls past, chasing her down the corridor.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1400 on: April 21, 2018, 07:57:43 pm »

With my quick movement speed, move 3 spaces to the right, plant greatbow towards the two enemy gang members and impale both of them with a single arrow.

[/quote]
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1401 on: April 21, 2018, 11:07:44 pm »

Reminder 4pm GMT Tomorrow, join us for some movies, cartoons, anime, and other crap
https://cytu.be/r/Unknown_signal

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 22, 2018, 08:59:38 am »

Spoiler: RR Talk (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 22, 2018, 11:25:16 am »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 22, 2018, 01:12:34 pm »

Tear off the mook's shirt and use it to bandage my arm. Then, charge out and through the wall to my right.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 06:51:37 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 23, 2018, 06:26:01 pm »

Kick the one-armed man into the far room.  Follow Sir Armless into the room, trying to murder one or more of the other guys in there.  If they are out of reach for some reason, use Wall on my iron rod to provide some cover between Thag and the attackers.

"You assholes going to give it up, or are we going to have to kill all of you?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 24, 2018, 07:01:07 am »

Geiger await's Lizzy's return (I'm sure she can handle turning arond and eating the current gang members ... I mean, dragging one back to Geiger, whatever.)
Meanwhile, Geiger contemplates the words available to him and the possible effectiveness of Plan Midoriya for locomotive purposes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 24, 2018, 08:35:18 am »

Move 2W. If the arrow doesn't kill them, perhaps some pipe spider bullets will. If they die, try and bash open the two bodies next to me with the steel rod as to loot their weapons.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1408 on: April 25, 2018, 06:12:14 pm »

With my quick movement speed, move 3 spaces to the right, plant greatbow towards the two enemy gang members and impale both of them with a single arrow.

[1v5]
You run round the corner, plant your bow and draw an arrow back all in one motion. However, your attempt at a snap shot results with your momentum pulling you to the side. The result is that the arrow goes wide and shallow, embedding itself in the ground about 10 feet behind the two men.

Tear off the mook's shirt and use it to bandage my arm. Then, charge out and through the wall to my right.

You reach down and tear a strip off the man's shirt, using it to crudely bandage your arm. You consider stealing the corpse's machete but decide not to. After all, you already have this iron sword with....some kind of magic affixed to it. Probably fine.

You line yourself up to charge through  the eastern wall but then notice that there is a door right there. You walk over and give it a try. It opens without any fuss and gives you a passage into the hall. Hmm. You then close the door and walk a few steps back into the room.
[4v5]
You again charge forward, shoulder down  and set as a battering ram. You hit the wall with surprising force but bounce back off, leaving an imprint of your shoulder and torso in the plaster.

Hmmm.

Move 2W. If the arrow doesn't kill them, perhaps some pipe spider bullets will. If they die, try and bash open the two bodies next to me with the steel rod as to loot their weapons.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Two west? West? Consult your compass, Magellan, that move will give you a wonderful view of a wall and another wall. So I'm gonna assume you mean east.
[6v5]
You fire on the closest assailant and another Spider Dentist appears on his face. Its rather surprising because you shot him in the back. The man immediately reaches for his face but doesn't stop running. A moment later he drifts off path and runs straight into a wall. He collapses to the ground, clawing at the mechanical arachnid.

Geiger await's Lizzy's return (I'm sure she can handle turning arond and eating the current gang members ... I mean, dragging one back to Geiger, whatever.)
Meanwhile, Geiger contemplates the words available to him and the possible effectiveness of Plan Midoriya for locomotive purposes.

[1v3] That plan is a very good plan and will totally work without any sort of harm coming to anyone. A+ plan, my man.

Meanwhile Lizzy realizes that someone is chasing her and rounds to bite him in the face.
[1v5]
She spins with the grace of a cobra and snaps her jaws shut...a good 10 feet away from the man's face.

Quality work all around by this team of cripple and crocodile.

Kick the one-armed man into the far room.  Follow Sir Armless into the room, trying to murder one or more of the other guys in there.  If they are out of reach for some reason, use Wall on my iron rod to provide some cover between Thag and the attackers.

"You assholes going to give it up, or are we going to have to kill all of you?"

[6v1][7v4]
Thag plants his foot against his meatshield's back and promptly kicks him into the next room. The man keeps going past the door, through the room, and into the far wall. He gets halfway through and ends up stuck in the plaster, laying limp between the inside and outside.  Thag follows the man in, walking right through the door and around the corner to the bastard whose been shooting at him this entire time.

The man, who was distracted by the screaming body being kicked through the far wall, spins to face Thag, trying to bring his sawnoff rifle to bear. Thag calmly hacks the man's arm off and then punches him in the throat, letting the gang member collapse to the ground in a sputtering, bleeding mess. The man next to him, who looks substantially less threatening, drops to his knees with his hands raised and starts repeating something you don't recognize over and over.

The man behind lizzy sees thag's actions, hears the screaming, and promptly races straight past the lizard and disappears into a room to the north.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 26, 2018, 07:01:38 am »

a 1 on a d10, huh.

"Someone bring me a door. I have a great idea."

walk four east and lean against the baricade, undoubtedly breathing heavily from the exertion.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 114