Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230091 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1365 on: April 07, 2018, 09:39:04 am »

Move up next to the barrel and pull a Thag, kicking the wall down.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 07, 2018, 09:15:20 pm »

Join Abu on the rocks there, make sure to stay low. See if I think I can get shots on any of the guys on the train from here with my rifle. Don't actually fire yet though, proper gun safety and finger off the trigger for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1367 on: April 09, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »

Join Abu on the rocks there, make sure to stay low. See if I think I can get shots on any of the guys on the train from here with my rifle. Don't actually fire yet though, proper gun safety and finger off the trigger for now.

Abu on the rocks is the worst drink. Its Vodka mixed with motor oil on chilled human teeth.

Also yeah, you could totally shoot your own teammates on that train. Just end their little lives in a spray of brain matter filled with confusions and betrayal.

Uuh, that's not really where I thought I would spawn. But whatever, Can I assume the firing lines I mentioned are still open for me? Also, do I have any cover in the position I'm in right now? If not, move back over the pile until I have some.

Anyways, cast Many Ammunition Steel (or Many Steel Ammunition, whatever it is).

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
I can put you somewhere else, but that's the furthest corner of the map that actually has good sight lines. Otherwise you'd be blocked by the pile and the train. As is, you have some cover, more if you move back, and can still shoot.

[6]
You get a giant pile of steel bullets for various kinds of guns. Literally hundreds of shells there so...don't have to worry about running out.

[ColdIron Ammunition Many]

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[2]
You get a pile of maybe 20 rounds that appear to be made of a slightly bluish tinged metal that is noticeably cold. Each one is frosted and surrounded by a mist of condensed water. You notice too that the bullets seem to be filled with something, its leaking out a bit. Looks like mud or soil.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

If Pancaek appears, give Sarge the full-auto rifle.  Just wait, otherwise.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You give him that rifle.

Out beyond the mine, somewhere to the east, you hear someone shouting. Their voice is abnormal, too loud and booming to be natural, with a heavy metallic tinge like its coming through a pipe.

"I am Pendel Rook, Bishop of Sunlight, Magebreaker, knight of our lord, The King. You have trespassed upon works and lands under his domain, killed servants in his employee, and usurped powers which are his by right and law. 

Surrender and kneel, or stand and burn."

As this is said, a line of the automatons step into view, aligned along the east edge of the mine.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 09, 2018, 03:33:15 pm »

Move a lil' back to get into better cover, then shoot at the nearest enemy. If no direct line of sight is available, then use my recoiless rifle as an improvised mortar like before and try to hit some robutts anyway.

Abu on the rocks is the worst drink. Its Vodka mixed with motor oil on chilled human teeth.
"No drink bearing my name includes commie trash like bloody vodka!"  >:(

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1369 on: April 09, 2018, 06:05:17 pm »

Move a lil' back to get into better cover, then shoot at the nearest enemy. If no direct line of sight is available, then use my recoiless rifle as an improvised mortar like before and try to hit some robutts anyway.

"No drink bearing my name includes commie trash like bloody vodka!"  >:(

Who are you talking too? Can you see me?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #1370 on: April 09, 2018, 07:10:48 pm »

Load my rifle with the ColdIron bullets, handing the remaining 14 to Sarge. [LargeFirearm], making my rifle a repeater. Stay behind cover.

"Sarge! The cold bullets should interfere with those construct's thaumic power source! Use them first!"

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 09, 2018, 08:03:04 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven doesn't have a gun now, since he enchanted it and gave it to Sarge... if Sarge provides him with his own simple rifle, Corven will take a potshot at whatever enemy is visible, otherwise he'll just hide and wait.  The North and South slaves should continue to hold fire, but order the Western ones to take any shots that are available.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 10, 2018, 02:51:10 pm »

Oh, those are our lads on the train. Silly me.

Give Corven my regular rifle.

Load My Powerful Rifle with the ColdIron bullets. Pop the first automaton I get a clear shot on, but make sure I'm not wasting my shot this turn on one that's already getting shot at by everyone else.

Load the automatic rifle I got from corven with bullets from Abu's pile. Set it aside for now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 10, 2018, 06:10:56 pm »

Command the pipe spider to sitter around in a figure-eight pattern, if it obeys, pay attention to to how quickly it moves and order it to climb up the wall if it can. Be ready to shoot any hostiles my allies don't shoot.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1374 on: April 11, 2018, 12:17:30 pm »

Shout toward the south:
"You in there! I really don't want to tear this place apart. If I have to, I will kill you. Messily. Why, several of my friends are currently killing the other inhabitants of this shithole as we speak. Hear the screams? Actually, some of that was my doing as well. Anyway, the point is, I need some token of your good faith and cooperation, or I will be coming in there, one way or another. And then you will be the ones screaming. So, come, show me that you won't be a problem for me. I dislike problems.

Wait a reasonable amount of time to allow a response. If I get none, send Lizzy through a wall to kill. If I get a hostile response, send Lizzy through a wall to kill. If I get a reasonable 'please  don't kill us," Move down the hall to the south as far as my poor little legs can carry my fat ass.

((It is going t o take us about three missions worth of turns to clear this place.))

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

((only if you methodically kill and check every room. Did judge dredd do that? No. You gotta KILL BOSS))

You get a response a few moments later, though its clearly from someone who doesn't speak your language. You think they say, "No Gang, No Gang, Please leave, Go."  You stand there a few more moments, considering. You look to Lizzy, who is still wriggling against the door with certain reptilian fervor.

"You think its ok?"

She slides back off the door, cocks her head and stares at the ceiling.

"Yeah, its probably best to move on to better targets."

You meander down the hall at what could charitably be called a "Relaxed pace". You don't even make it to the south facing hall but Lizzy does and walks a little ways in.

(I think we're almost done.  We're ripping right through them, and I think we're pretty close to any remaining soldiers just wanting to not die, especially with how terrible it's been for the last bunch, including the one your lizard disarmed.  Let that guy spread the word, maaaybe Thag murders his boss, and we'll be good to go.)

Go through the room and the door behind it.  Point to the corner of the room so the civvies know where to stand.  That door should open from the inside fine.  Keep an eye out for any hostiles and where the scared guy retreats to.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

You  step into the room and past the civies, gesturing to the far corner as you do.

"House cleaning. Please move to the side, some of these cleaning products are particularly dangerous."

You shoulder your way through the door and walk out into a tight hall, barely wide enough for you to walk through; your shoulders are maybe an inch or two from the wall on either side.  There are two doors along the length of the wooden hall, both closed, so you continue forward until the hall turns east. Another two doors and the hall continues south up ahead.  The door at the far end of the east facing hall is open and you can see at least two enemies in the room, as well as one outside. The one outside has his back to you and is looking down the south facing corridor.  None of them seem to have seen you yet.

Plant my greatbow and fire at the helpless guy.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Gonna assume you mean the guy getting face hugger-dentist'd.

[4v3]
You plant your bow and draw back an arrow. Seems a bit overkill from this distance but hey, no kill like overkill. You pull the bow back to a full draw and then fire arrow straight into the man who is still struggling to remove the spider thing. It catches him dead on and flings him into the wall. Pinning him there. He moves a bit more but its clear he's already effectively dead.

Move up next to the barrel and pull a Thag, kicking the wall down.

"Strength: d2"

Yeah, ok.

[1v10]
You move up, into the room, and give the wall a good hard kick. And break your foot.

You fall onto the ground screaming about...well about a lot of things. Your own bad ideas. The terrible concept of structures more rigid or structurally sound than a nice piece of toast. The inherently unfair distribution of skills between individuals.

A lot of stuff, really.

Command the pipe spider to sitter around in a figure-eight pattern, if it obeys, pay attention to to how quickly it moves and order it to climb up the wall if it can. Be ready to shoot any hostiles my allies don't shoot.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

The pipe spider does not obey. In fact, as soon as the man is dead and all his teeth have apparently been removed, it vanishes in a puff of black light.

Huh.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1375 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:36 pm »

Shoot an arrow through the door in front of me and break it open.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 11, 2018, 05:40:03 pm »

Quote from: From Discord
Mr.Bones - Today at 5:24 PM
!roll d10
RPBotBOT - Today at 5:24 PM
@Mr.Bones rolled 9.
Mr.Bones - Today at 5:25 PM
Ok so failed but not foot breaking. Left a big footprint in it

Brian takes off his reading glasses, stowing them in his shirt pocket. Then he backs up a few steps and charges into the wall.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:44:35 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 12, 2018, 06:55:17 am »

Alright. Cease my ponderous movement for a turn, and instead ponder in my thoughthole: if I were the Final Boss of this rat hole ... where would I be?

Also ask the panicky guy (the scared npc) at the end of the hall the same thing.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 13, 2018, 04:58:43 pm »

Uh, is it too late in the game to make a gang? I could try to round up some guys.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 14, 2018, 07:40:59 am »

Uh, is it too late in the game to make a gang? I could try to round up some guys.

While I'm not the gm of course, from what I understand there is a limit of three active gangs, and currently there are two so you should be able to join in. How many schmucks do you think you could find and who could post semi-reliably? If you can find like two other fools then I think you should be set. It is true you'll be at something of a disadvantage, but honestly that probably doesn't matter much, since the game has seen zero pvp up till now and there's enough npc hexes left to last us for years.

After that, pick a starting location to attack and pick a set of gang words, and let 'er rip.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 114