Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230097 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1380 on: April 14, 2018, 08:11:04 am »

Move up to point-blank range and empty the sawn-off to try and clear the hall of all three goons.  Both barrels.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1381 on: April 14, 2018, 11:41:28 pm »

Next sunday, Join us for a nice movie night. Terrible things, Anime, animated movies, weird 80's films, cartoons, etc.
https://cytu.be/r/Unknown_signal

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1382 on: April 17, 2018, 01:22:25 pm »

Shoot an arrow through the door in front of me and break it open.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
[9v3]
You draw back another arrow and fire straight through the door in front of you. Luckily that civie is on the ground so you can fire over his head, rather than through it. It punches straight through the door, leaving a foot wide hole and breaking the flimsy lock. The door opens half way and reveals a room that is empty aside from a half dozen people hiding within. That, and one fresh corpse pinned to the wall. Oops.

Quote from: From Discord
Mr.Bones - Today at 5:24 PM
!roll d10
RPBotBOT - Today at 5:24 PM
@Mr.Bones rolled 9.
Mr.Bones - Today at 5:25 PM
Ok so failed but not foot breaking. Left a big footprint in it

Brian takes off his reading glasses, stowing them in his shirt pocket. Then he backs up a few steps and charges into the wall.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
[10v2]
You lower your shoulder and charge straight into the wall. Turns out that this might have been a bit much, since you pass through the flimsy damaged wood and plaster like it wasn't even there.  You stumble through a cloud of dust and splinters and end up standing right next to a man. Gang member by the look of him, wielding a machete and standing in the middle of a room filled with crates and barrels. He clearly saw you coming and immediately takes a swing at you.
[3v5] You throw up your hands and intercept his overhead blow with your crossed forearms. Your clothing protects you a bit but the blade still cuts bone deep on your left arm. The man yanks the blade back, blood splattering over you and the ceiling in an arc, before readying himself to chop again.

Alright. Cease my ponderous movement for a turn, and instead ponder in my thoughthole: if I were the Final Boss of this rat hole ... where would I be?

Also ask the panicky guy (the scared npc) at the end of the hall the same thing.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

You lean against the wall, ignoring the various screams, bloody hacking noises and Lizzy's insistent wriggling. You give the old brain case a good rattle and then start thinking about where the boss of all these gangs would be.
[7v2]
Hmm. Well clearly these buildings are inhabited by mostly civies. Makes sense, not all refugees from the slums are gonna be murderous gangsters. That means that the vast majority of people in here are going to be non-threats and the vast majority of rooms are going to be non-interesting. The one with the largest number of threats will most likely be the one with the gang leader, since he'd want to keep his gang mostly packed up around him for logistical reasons. This of course assumes that there's not more than one gang around here. Hmmm.  There are two possible locations he'd want to be in, depending on his personality: A place with maximum security or a place of maximum luxury.  By that he's probably either in some sort of secret bunker, or he's at the top of the largest building, probably in some sort of low rent penthouse thing.

You shout at the panicked man to see if he can confirm or deny your suspicions but he seems...well panicked and not really in the right state of mind for this. Someone just launched an arrow over his head so...he's a bit distracted.

Move up to point-blank range and empty the sawn-off to try and clear the hall of all three goons.  Both barrels.

[3v2][1v2][3v4]
You walk straight up behind the first man, maybe about 5 feet away, and whip out your double barrel shotgun. You casually line it up with the length of the hall and fire both barrels. A cloud of expanding buckshot sprays down the hall. The two men across from you apparently saw you coming because as soon as you produce the gun, they press themselves against the wall and crouch down to make themselves as small as possible. The lead hail misses them both, but it catches the other guy in the left shoulder and forcibly spins him to face you with a puff of blood. Boy does he look surprised.

The two men in the room ahead move as soon as your shot misses them, ducking back around the door frame and into cover. One sticks what looks like a bolt action rifle thats been sawn down into a pistol like configuration out and fires a blind shot at you
[3v2]
The bullet hisses past your ear maybe a half foot away and blows a hole in the wall behind you.

The man you just shot produces a machete and, his left arm limp, swings it one handed at your head. [3v4] You try to slip the blow but you're a half inch too high and the blade shaves a chunk of your scalp off. Despite not being too bad of an injury, it bleeds profusely and your face is a mask of warm red fluid almost instantly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1383 on: April 17, 2018, 02:39:22 pm »

Move a lil' back to get into better cover, then shoot at the nearest enemy. If no direct line of sight is available, then use my recoiless rifle as an improvised mortar like before and try to hit some robutts anyway.

Abu on the rocks is the worst drink. Its Vodka mixed with motor oil on chilled human teeth.
"No drink bearing my name includes commie trash like bloody vodka!"  >:(

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You have a line of sight on two or three automatons, though at long distance. You line up on the one you think you have the best shot on and fire. [6v6] The shot comes annoyingly close, clipping the side of the automaton's ceramic face mask and blowing a small chunk off. It doesn't waver an inch.

Load my rifle with the ColdIron bullets, handing the remaining 14 to Sarge. [LargeFirearm], making my rifle a repeater. Stay behind cover.

"Sarge! The cold bullets should interfere with those construct's thaumic power source! Use them first!"

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You load your rifle with the bullets. Its a bit hard, like holding a piece of dry ice; it keeps "burning" your fingers as you load them. You give the remaining bullets to Sarge before trying a spell.
[10][1]
Your magic comes out powerfully but fails to catch hold of the rifle. Instead it fizzles out in a spray of multicolor sparks, like a tiny fireworks show.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven doesn't have a gun now, since he enchanted it and gave it to Sarge... if Sarge provides him with his own simple rifle, Corven will take a potshot at whatever enemy is visible, otherwise he'll just hide and wait.  The North and South slaves should continue to hold fire, but order the Western ones to take any shots that are available.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You scramble up the rock pile and take the rifle from Sarge before laying down to steady your aim and generally make yourself a smaller target. Its not very comfortable, even with the thick suit providing some cushion. You're also fairly obvious, giant feather cloak and all. Whatever though, time to break some tinker toys.

[5v6]

You take a pot shot at the same enemy Abu fired on. The bullet tears past it, close enough to raise a few sparks as it grazes its metal skeleton, but does no damage. You swear quietly under your breath and gesture for the slaves with you to fire as well. They climb up the rock pile to join you and open fire.

[4,5,6v6,5,5] The first man's shot misses by a small margin, much like your own. The second grazes, blowing off a bit of sculpted ceramic breastplate but doing no damage. The third hits solidly in the bot's midsection, releasing a puff of pulverized ceramic and sparks. The automaton doesn't miss a step, it just keeps moving.

Oh, those are our lads on the train. Silly me.

Give Corven my regular rifle.

Load My Powerful Rifle with the ColdIron bullets. Pop the first automaton I get a clear shot on, but make sure I'm not wasting my shot this turn on one that's already getting shot at by everyone else.

Load the automatic rifle I got from corven with bullets from Abu's pile. Set it aside for now.

Yeah, silly you.

You toss the regular rifle to Corvan before loading the more powerful onewith the coldiron rounds. You don't have a great view, but you have at least two bots in sight, so you take a shot at the one that seems to be being fired on the least by the others. [1v1] The bullet catches the bot in the left elbow and visibly blows the joint into a tangled mass of metal, the lower arm twisted so that it hangs at an odd angle, pointed slightly away from the body.

The automatons advance to a point and then stop. The Magebreaker steps out into view behind them, a tower shield blocking basically his entire body.

"As you wish." The booming metal voice says again and a silver white longsword appears from behind the shield. A gauntleted hand raises the blade high and then points it forward. The automatons respond in kind, retrieving what look like long white metal bars from a strap on their hip and point them forward. The metal glows and flame erupts from the rod's tip, flowing out like water from a hose. The warehouse building in front of them is immediately engulfed in flame, almost half consumed in moments.

The mage breaker walks  north a bit and, in an almost half hearted motion, slashes is sword towards the watch tower. A dozen or more crescent shaped slashes made of fire and condensed force erupt forth  along the path of the blade's slash and impact the tower's legs with a sound like cannon fire. One leg is sliced into a dozens of red hot pieces and blown away, the two behind it are badly damaged with deep, glowing gashes carved into the metal. The entire structure twists and buckles, rotating and listing towards its missing leg. The metal on the damaged supports strains with an audible groan and then gives way. The entire tower begins a slow motion collapse like a felled tree.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 17, 2018, 04:11:31 pm »

Oi, m8, those rolls, what the hell. I know you're holding out on us. Where is the good stuff?

Ahem, anyways, shoot at an automaton is one is clearly visible.

If I have a clear view on the magebreaker, try to ascertain whether I could try to angle a shot so that if impacts and explodes just next to the shield but still near to him. Or would that not do a lot of damage?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:14:43 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1385 on: April 17, 2018, 05:15:57 pm »

Oi, m8, those rolls, what the hell. I know you're holding out on us. Where is the good stuff?

If I have a clear view on the magebreaker, try to ascertain whether I could try to angle a shot so that if impacts and explodes just next to the shield but still near to him. Or would that not do a lot of damage?

Those were all made with real dice too.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:50 pm »

Those were all made with real dice too.

Good to know we get real, artisanal failure.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1387 on: April 17, 2018, 06:42:46 pm »

"Ooops."

Try making a hole in the north wall with one of my Distortion Dust Orbs.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 18, 2018, 06:48:11 am »

"We've freed slaves and defended this city from ungodly terrors, while your fuckbuddy the king has sat with that metal cup up his ass, waiting for his kingdom to burn! Is this really a fight you want to pick, hedge-mage?
Well if you're so strong, why don't you put away the tinkertoys and fight us like a man? Coward! It will feel good to suck whatever impotent words you've picked up from your mangled corpse!
But you don't have the balls, do you? I bet your king got them lopped off so you wouldn't fight back when he puts it in your butt! You're nothing but a grovelling weaking, you may as well kneel now, it'll hurt less to die that way!"

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 18, 2018, 07:41:18 am »

Send Lizzy up the hall toward the screaming and gunshots. Have her drag one of the opposing gang members to me and ask - no, demand - of him: a) the number of different gangs in this area b) the location of the bosses of each gang. If he gets violent on the way, Lizzy is instructed to remove the offending part, except his head in the case of biting. If the gang member dies en route, Lizzy is instructed to return for the next one. This will continue as long as time allows or until I get the answers I am after. Or we run out of gangsters.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 19, 2018, 10:47:29 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven curses and mutters under his breath as the watchtower comes down.  After a few seconds he gathers himself and starts shouting to the remaining slaves on the train.  "OPEN FIRE!  HE KNOWS WHERE YOU ARE, KILL HIM BEFORE HE KILLS YOU!"

Shout for the remaining slaves to open fire.  He might've just guessed that the watchtower was too good a position to leave unoccupied, but I suddenly have the feeling that flankers aren't of significant value.

Then cast a "Titanium Mortarshot" at him, hoping the high angle and significant weight will bypass the greatshield to do meaningful damage.  And fire a shot with the rifle if that's also allowed.

...Do we still automatically lose the game if we lose this hex?  Because honestly, fighting this guy doesn't look like it's worth some extra metal words.  Best case scenario, we kill a mage breaker, and then we're even higher on the king's shitlist.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 19, 2018, 03:07:19 pm »

Load 3 ColdIron bullets into the full-auto rifle and shoot thrice. One bullet per automaton, unless I only have line of sight on 1 or 2 of them. In that case, shoot one of them twice.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 19, 2018, 03:27:32 pm »

With his right shoulder, Brian charges the gangster, trying to tackle him into the barrels behind him.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:24:01 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1393 on: April 20, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »

...Do we still automatically lose the game if we lose this hex?  Because honestly, fighting this guy doesn't look like it's worth some extra metal words.  Best case scenario, we kill a mage breaker, and then we're even higher on the king's shitlist.[/b]

The rules state that other gangs can attempt to wipe you out that way, but say nothing about NPC forces.  I'm going to say that losing this hex to the NPCs won't wipe the gang out, but you'd need to put your headquarters elsewhere. You'd also need to escape in such a way where they don't see you doing so, so they can't just chase you down. Otherwise the next mission will just be them assaulting your new headquarters.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 20, 2018, 07:26:47 pm »

Go disarm this guy by slicing his hand off, and then grab him to use as a human shield for any more incoming rounds.

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 114