Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230430 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #900 on: January 05, 2018, 04:42:53 pm »

"Seriously, why do you idiots love these shitty acid pits enough to die for them?"

Hunker Down! Squak additional nonsense at the fuckers down the slope!

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #901 on: January 05, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Drink the Scotch. Act like I'm not waiting for an excuse to murder everyone in the building.
((What do you use to make the maps?))

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
I use this. Simple and very helpful.
http://gridcartographer.com/

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 05, 2018, 07:00:12 pm »

Thanks!
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 06, 2018, 09:17:39 pm »

Shadow Alliance

For Rauth:

Ride Big Kitty as it jumps down one level and shreds the goat-creature that got away down there.

Also, I think failed enchants should really cost you words.  After all, failed non-enchanting spells also cost you words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 07, 2018, 11:03:15 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

First, enchant the ground with "wall", summoning some cover that's close enough to the edge to allow view downhill.  Then, shoot that mage who just summoned a wall.

((I gotta agree, enchanting is already OP and too good, making it not cost words on an int failure just makes it even better.))

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 07, 2018, 01:27:55 pm »

((@syv I can summon the wall for you, but I can't shoot the guys below and I'd rather not run down there to engage them in melee, so... suggestions for what to do would be welcome?

@enchantment failure All in all, I think magic should be uniform in how it works; and that, I think, would require either non-echantment spells too to be able to fail without using up words (on reasons other than Pot roll deficiency) to make things fair between the two techniques, OR for Int-roll failing on enchantment spells to produce some horrible effects in line with Pot-roll fallout (but obviously different nature/effect) when the words are expended, instead of just no effect at all - for the sake of conservation of magic and believability ("words don't just disappear without taking any effect"). Personally, I'd be fine with either way, and even better if a mix of both is preferred (sometimes enchanting fails horribly and uses up words, sometimes conjuration fails cleanly and without using up words). ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 07, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »

Shadow Alliance

((Sorry. Things have been keeping me a bit busy. Edit was because I accidentally modified this instead of quoting it like I had thought.))

"Alright, time to get closer. And pick up Thag, too."

Have the Cat jump down a level (preferably onto the goat thing) and then across to the other side so that Thag can jump down to us.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:01:34 pm by Rautherdir »

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 07, 2018, 02:35:45 pm »

Slowly drink cider, tap fingers to music, wait for non-shooty time to end.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 07, 2018, 05:57:51 pm »

Help Abu with aiming his impromptu mortar. If that's not really an option for whatever reason, hunker down where I am and continue trying to peek-and-shoot enemies

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 07, 2018, 11:18:46 pm »

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:35 am »

((@Nik
Honestly, I don't see much for you to do right now.  Maybe improve my wall, like Raven did?  I could cast offensive magic instead of making a wall, but these enemies have resistance to my one harmful word, and it could provide them cover from rifle fire to boot.

An alternative would be to try and drain the second lake, enhancing the flood, but I'm not sure any of your remaining words could really accomplish that.  Maybe LargeFirearm could make something tubelike enough to work.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 08, 2018, 09:45:15 am »

((@syv Ok, I have an idea then. Might be a dangerous overkill, though.))

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Lean in from above and enchant the outpouring acid stream (so downstream from our position/somewhat below us, for safety reasons) with [Many] for increased volume and pressure/speed of the acid flood. If the acid pool on our level nonetheless begins to rise as well, hurriedly get away from the acid.

Scream manly if when my fingers start to melt in the process of such enchantment.

((Woo, updated killcount!  ;D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 08, 2018, 04:17:16 pm »

((Yes, don't hesitate to horribly maim yourself, I can fix it. That's a good minion~))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #913 on: January 09, 2018, 01:12:33 am »

Sorry for lack of post today. I spent 12 hours working on demon sigil analysis. Some tests on IRC produced the following from player sigils.

Eururvles the hidden Degenerate: A man sized rat made of wax, contained within a glass tube filled with sewage. Its face is utterly smooth and featureless and it is covered in garbage.

Nimanstus The Thunder Pilgrim: A bat which carries a walking stick made of water in one hand and a Taiko drum in the other, which it plays constantly. It is wrapped in chains which are connected to great iron weights.

Isrurvafa The Hidden Prophet: A horse sized shrimp made of wax. It has weak, unsure movements, as though unacquainted with its limbs. Its head is completely featureless and engulfed in an aura of golden fire. 

Douranphus the Cloud Angler: An Anglerfish made of lightning. It is half hidden within storm clouds, though its glowing lure peeks out. Luminous jellyfish hang around it like paper lanterns.

Pretty good so far, I think.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #914 on: January 09, 2018, 11:11:40 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Order a dang MEAD. Don't panic.

((I'm gonna be honest with you fellas, I'm just killing time because my massive superbrain cannot comprehend nonviolent solutions))
You order a DANG Mead and then sit around and wait for someone to think of a solution that isn't "Stab the man".

Cosa Nostra

Drink the Scotch. Act like I'm not waiting for an excuse to murder everyone in the building.
((What do you use to make the maps?))

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
You sip your Scotch and also twiddle your proverbial fingers waiting for someone who isn't you to make a move.

Slowly drink cider, tap fingers to music, wait for non-shooty time to end.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Did you guys accidentally confuse this for a boy's night out? So far all you've done is walk in, order drinks, and then sit around. I sure hope the fourth person in this freaking crew has a plan.

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
"Listen, if you're trying to pitch some sort of product, I'm not the guy to do it to. You wanna talk to the manager."

He points to a guard by the stage "Ask him to bring ya down. You'll have to surrender any weapons though."

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 114