Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230431 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #870 on: January 02, 2018, 12:23:12 pm »

Remember guys, one action a turn. If the actions are inter-related, like tackling someone and then attacking them, I'll count it as one, but doing two completely unrelated actions can't be done.

"I don't think they much like us rocking the boat, Sarge."

Run over to Sarge and get that boulder off of him by launching it back at those mofos with [FireForward] in an arc. Try to hit whoever it was that shot it.

Then, if someone else (coughEGANcough) heals him, use recoilless rifle as a mortar and shoot them. Unless they come charging up the hill, then shoot at them directly.

If nobody else tries to heal Sarge though, then just heal him myself.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
"Are these puns helping? Are they helping your shattered legs? Are they helping Sarge?"

[3][6]
You run over and touch the stone with one hand, willing magic into it. It tears itself free from the mud with a thunderous "POP!" and goes tumbling into the air and down the slope. You're not sure if it hits anyone.

"Jeez, that's a weaksauce attack. Easy fix."
Deflatten Sarge. Then, return fire by enchanting a boulder with [FireForward / Many / Crow], hopefully sending them a rain of angry flying rocks.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You press a hand to Sarge's legs and green light flows from your eyes and down your arm into his body. His legs twist back into shape and bones heal with a horrifying series of cracks and pops.  And that was your action for this turn so that second spell will have to wait.

Sarge starts to scream, but abrubty stops. He looks over to Abu, scowling.

"Really, private? You're going to pun at me at a time like this? Boy, if my legs weren't ten kinds of fucked up right now I'd shove my boot so far up your ass you could polish it with your tongue."

Get helped by whoever. Reminisce about my time in 'Nam, the good old days when I had artillery and tank support.
You drag yourself out of the hole and proceed to start kicking Abu in the ass. Repeatedly and with great force. He continues to make puns the entire time.

This is a vicious cycle.

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

"Roncal-Roth prevails."

I have two objectives: obtaining intel for the lower levels (presumably, it equates getting simple line of sight to there - going up the wall or near the slope) and getting into position for next turn enchant-digging to channel the acid of the bigger pit (of the two on this level) down the slope (presumably south of it/south-west of my position, where the slope is nearest, but actual enemy position might make another point better). So, get movin' double-time (and don't forget to dodge)!

You run over to the edge of the slope and get a good look down. Then you run back to the west edge of the large acid pool and take up station there, ready to cast.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Enchant Abu's recoilless rifle ammo with "incendiary".  Stay clear of the backblast.

Inspect the mud mortar, too.  It was a success of 6 on a target of 1; does it seem structurally sound enough to actually fire shots?  Or would it just collapse back into the ground upon use?

((@Nik, remember that if you can get to the south side of the left chemical lake, you could destructively enchant the ground to drain it out onto the slope.  Cylinder might make a pipe.))

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[8][8]
You place an enchantment on the recoil-less rifle's rounds and they each begin to glow a bright cherry red, as though they were very hot.

You look at the mortar. You think it should work at least a few times. Good magic or not, mud is not the most structurally sound material to make things out of.

[2v2,7,1,2,2]

Another object comes flying in, a huge glob of acid that bursts overhead and rains droplets down.  Everyone except sarge manages  to scramble and hide from the rain. Even Sarge just takes a few droplets, but they burn him like pieces of white phosphorous.

Map(s)
https://imgur.com/a/HASd1

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 02, 2018, 12:32:41 pm »

Fire at those magic maniacs (no, the other ones, down the slope) with my recoilless rifle, using it as a mortar if no targets are directly visible (I assume we have some idea of where they are, given that you gave us the map of the next level and that Kay could call out targets). Target the densest concentration.
If firing twice in a turn is possible, do that. If not then after firing relocate up north to try and avoid counter-battery fire (hug the wall if that helps).

"Hmm, this isn't your average basic rain anymore. Even for a group of bird-themed gangsters this weather is just too fowl!

Abu knew he was earning more boots applied to the rectum, but it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.

Also, euh, we might wanna split up some to avoid their barrage. Just sayin'.

HEY THERE, SPACE MARINE! Did ya get a good look at the bastards? Mind calling out some targets for me?"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:22:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #872 on: January 02, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »

Recall DOAS and return to our glorious leader and his giant deathcat. may as well regroup while waiting for the fire to rain down into the pit.

(Gas mask? Are you sure you're not confusing your stuff with Sy's gang?)
Beats me. Been a while. I thought you said something about one a while ago. I'll strike it out though, because i have no idea where it came from.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
Shadow Alliance

"Well, hopefully the spell I cast will take care of the tentacles. Once the delay is over."

Climb up onto my cat and pelt any attackers with the meat chunks.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Chu, Shade and their cats regroup near the edge of the pit.

Shadow Alliance

Creep towards the edge and look down at the tentacle beast.  Be ready to slash out with my sabre if any tentacles erupt.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
You creep a bit more around the pit and then out on top of an enormous throbbing artery. You look down into the pit and see what looks like a pale, enormous squid embedded in the wall of the thing. It is placing the last horned man down. You can also see several lumps of amber scattered across the different levels.  As you watch, they suddenly turn a dull gray silver and then burst outward. They transform into a fine mist of lead that expands out in all directions before each droplet of the mist crystallizes and expands with violent speed, engulfing an area roughly 20 or 30 feet wide. The chunks entomb people, parts of the fleshy pit, and even one of the tentacles of the squid.

Down, way at the bottom of the pit, you can see a huge beating heart.

MAPS
https://imgur.com/a/UXjYU

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #873 on: January 02, 2018, 02:17:42 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Uhhhhh guess I'll follow Cyril but take a seat far from him to avoid association in case that's important. Ask about the drinks!
You follow Cyril in but sit on the opposite side of the bar, just in case a large group of slightly threatening people coming in at once and then sitting together would make anyone feel slightly threatened.

You ask the barman about drinks and he lists off about a half dozen very generic ones. Most are strong spirits- whisky, scotch, Gin- with a few lesser ones like Cider, Berry wine, and mead.

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Piecewise, me too
Dang it, I gotta stop doing these posts while on the eggnog.

You grab a cider and then take a seat at the empty table back there. Some of the toughs take a half hearted look at you but don't do anything.

Spoiler: Mein Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
No beer is to be had so you get a big mug of mead. You sip from the mug and do your best to look like you're idly scanning the room rather than carefully examining the guards. The bouncers are a bit harder core than you'd expect at a normal bar; they're clearly armed and are all physically massive. However their stance is not one of tight lipped concentration and alertness. Instead they're just sort of standing or leaning, using their appearance and numbers as an intimidation substitute to actually being on guard. Hard to say if they could be bribed but their general non-committed appearance seems to suggest they could be.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 02, 2018, 02:23:36 pm »

I'm fairly certain that part of the point of a mark is that you can activate it at the same time as casting a normal spell. Which is why nearly every time I've used a mark I've tried to think of a spell to cast as well.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 02, 2018, 02:44:08 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"In hindsight, casting that spell with Lead and Shockwave reversed probably would have been more spectacular. I'm open to suggestions on what to do next. I've got enough words for two or three more spells."

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 02, 2018, 06:54:15 pm »

"Well, I suggest we get to the heart of the matter. Let me on board and let's collect Thang and drop down a level ... preferably from this side, opposite the squid. I think that lead explosion worked out fairly well, overall. Did a fair amount of damage.
I'm thinking that casting dome, distortion dust, directly on that heart down there might have a pretty nice effect, but we'll probably need some defense while the goatmen and others rush us.

PW, would there be a penalty on casting from this far away, or could i target the giant heart if I get Line of sight on it?

Anyway, get up on Shade's cat, with DOAS, and go collect Thag. If i feel at the time that I have a decent shot, target the heart with [dome][distortion dust] with the intent of encapsulating the heart in a dome-shaped cloud of distortion dust. Hopefully that'll kill it.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:11:47 am by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #877 on: January 02, 2018, 08:06:50 pm »

I'm fairly certain that part of the point of a mark is that you can activate it at the same time as casting a normal spell. Which is why nearly every time I've used a mark I've tried to think of a spell to cast as well.

Blaaaahhhh. Point out all my stupid failures why don't ya.

[5][2]

Ah, well that Int roll failed so the spell didn't take. Which...I guess is better than the pot failing and producing a completely unknown spell. Maybe?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 02, 2018, 08:50:09 pm »

Fuck, 10 int and I fail the easy enchantment. Does that mean the words are used up?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 02, 2018, 08:59:51 pm »

"Well shit. Hey guys, kinda running low on the magic here. You wanna walk forwards and shoot them a bunch maybe? I'd do it myself but I'm the one who can reassemble you...
If you want, I could enchant someone's weapon with darkness. Not sure how useful that would be, but it would look sweet!"

[Wall] On the existing wall that Abu made, extend it far enough to block artillery.
And because we just established that I can do this, fix the smouldering bits of Sarge~
((Seriously though I realize this mark is pretty OP already. If you want to say its permanent nature makes it take as much time as a normal spell, I'm fine with that.))

IN addition yell at them to surrender, pointing out that their fire is ineffective, and when they run out we're just going to gun them down with superior firepower.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:50:53 pm by Egan_BW »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 02, 2018, 09:22:51 pm »

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2018, 02:38:42 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven grunts in annoyance as he throws himself away from the acid spray, before slipping and faceplanting into the mud.  "Why do I get the feeling we're gonna win this fight just 'cause they'll run outta words first?!  Raven, you stay in cover, you two... keep not dying!"

Start running down the path between the chemical lakes, going for the southern shore of the western lake.  If Corven can travel that distance, he'll enchant the ground separating the lake from the slope with "fireforward", aiming to make a hole that will drain acid onto the people below; otherwise, he'll just keep his gun ready and shoot anyone who comes within view.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2018, 02:48:16 am »

((@Piecewise Uh, sorry? "Back to the west edge", but on the map Kay is on the eastern edge of the larger acid lake (where the wall is), no? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2018, 08:03:18 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Guess I gotta kill time while the boss is out? This one's a classic: what are the security guys equipped with?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 03, 2018, 03:34:33 pm »

"Don't forget our superior fighting spirit and really big guns, dad!"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 114