Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 230435 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2018, 03:49:43 pm »

fuck wrong button again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

wrong button -_-

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2018, 08:07:32 pm »

Spread out, making sure I'm not too close to my other teammates, hugging ABu's wall. Occasionally peek and shoot at something if I can see an enemy, but otherwise play it cautiously.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 03, 2018, 11:51:02 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Order something strong.
Are there any side-effects of casting while drunk?

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:17:04 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 04, 2018, 08:23:04 am »

Shadow Alliance

Jump down to the next level and head eastward towards the big door thingy.  Keep my sword out in case someone wants to fight.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 04, 2018, 10:50:14 am »

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

HEY THERE, SPACE MARINE! Did ya get a good look at the bastards? Mind calling out some targets for me?"
"Sure thing! Let me get back there."

Follow the shore of the larger acid lake to where it comes nearest to the slope (middle of the level map, next to the ramp remains) and cast [Cylinder] on the ground of the slope near or below the acid surface level to create an hollow horizontal tube connecting the acid to the lower levels. Laugh scarily and step out of the way as acid comes rushing through.

(I've counted the tiles, I should have just enough speed to get there even from the current position on the map.)

If that doesn't count as a separate action ((or an actual action at all :P )), call out targets for Abu & the rest of the gang, be their eyes on the ground.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:08:42 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 04, 2018, 11:12:02 am »

Action edited.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #892 on: January 05, 2018, 11:57:17 am »

Fire at those magic maniacs (no, the other ones, down the slope) with my recoilless rifle, using it as a mortar if no targets are directly visible (I assume we have some idea of where they are, given that you gave us the map of the next level and that Kay could call out targets). Target the densest concentration.
If firing twice in a turn is possible, do that. If not then after firing relocate up north to try and avoid counter-battery fire (hug the wall if that helps).

"Hmm, this isn't your average basic rain anymore. Even for a group of bird-themed gangsters this weather is just too fowl!

Abu knew he was earning more boots applied to the rectum, but it was a sacrifice he was willing to make.

Also, euh, we might wanna split up some to avoid their barrage. Just sayin'.

HEY THERE, SPACE MARINE! Did ya get a good look at the bastards? Mind calling out some targets for me?"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Kay shouts out a place to target and you do your best to approximate exactly how high you have to aim the rifle in order to arc a shell in there.
[4v9]
You fire the round off and there's a whistle as it files up, nothing but a glint of metal before it vanishes into the sky. You're not sure where it lands, but it isn't where you wanted it to.

Fuck, 10 int and I fail the easy enchantment. Does that mean the words are used up?
I don't remember to be honest...I don't know if it happened before. But for the sake of not being annoying to everyone, I'll say no, you keep the words because the spell failed to go into the thing.

"Well shit. Hey guys, kinda running low on the magic here. You wanna walk forwards and shoot them a bunch maybe? I'd do it myself but I'm the one who can reassemble you...
If you want, I could enchant someone's weapon with darkness. Not sure how useful that would be, but it would look sweet!"

[Wall] On the existing wall that Abu made, extend it far enough to block artillery.
And because we just established that I can do this, fix the smouldering bits of Sarge~
((Seriously though I realize this mark is pretty OP already. If you want to say its permanent nature makes it take as much time as a normal spell, I'm fine with that.))

IN addition yell at them to surrender, pointing out that their fire is ineffective, and when they run out we're just going to gun them down with superior firepower.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
((I think the fact that you have to be touching the person to heal them makes it less OP.))
You put your hand on the wall and push more wally magic into it. [5]  The wall extends up and curves over, forming a thick ceiling with support pillars to shield the team from incoming mortar fire.  You very thoughtfully leave a few holes in the ceiling for return mortar fire to be shot through.

That done, you grab sarge and heal his crispy bits before shouting at the people down the slope to surrender. You make the very good point that you have guns and they don't. Though you do wonder how much magic they have...

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Corven grunts in annoyance as he throws himself away from the acid spray, before slipping and faceplanting into the mud.  "Why do I get the feeling we're gonna win this fight just 'cause they'll run outta words first?!  Raven, you stay in cover, you two... keep not dying!"

Start running down the path between the chemical lakes, going for the southern shore of the western lake.  If Corven can travel that distance, he'll enchant the ground separating the lake from the slope with "fireforward", aiming to make a hole that will drain acid onto the people below; otherwise, he'll just keep his gun ready and shoot anyone who comes within view.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

For your sake, I'm gonna assume you jumped out before your daughter made the wall into a bunker and thus save you a good distance running around.

You make it to where you wanna be, but it takes both moves to do so.

Spread out, making sure I'm not too close to my other teammates, hugging ABu's wall. Occasionally peek and shoot at something if I can see an enemy, but otherwise play it cautiously.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Getting hit twice in as many seconds impresses upon you that perhaps you shouldn't stand near your teammates. Not with the Mortar of Damocles hanging overhead. You do your best to peek out but unfortunately someone turned your chest-high wall into a bunker so you're forced to move to the edge of it to peek around.

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

"Sure thing! Let me get back there."

Follow the shore of the larger acid lake to where it comes nearest to the slope (middle of the level map, next to the ramp remains) and cast [Cylinder] on the ground of the slope near or below the acid surface level to create an hollow horizontal tube connecting the acid to the lower levels. Laugh scarily and step out of the way as acid comes rushing through.

(I've counted the tiles, I should have just enough speed to get there even from the current position on the map.)

If that doesn't count as a separate action ((or an actual action at all :P )), call out targets for Abu & the rest of the gang, be their eyes on the ground.

I said west, meant east, because the way it was written I assumed you wanted to move to the edge and then back again. I'll stick you next to Corven regardless. This spell will go through regardless of roll, but you're gonna need at least +3 potency to get it the right size and length for what you want.
[6] Good enough!

You touch the soil and push magic down into it, hollowing out a tunnel 4 feet in diameter between the acid lake and the slope. The Acid flows forward, more viscus than water but still quick.  The dirt above the tunnel collapses almost immediately and turns it into a canyon of toxic mud with a river of acid flowing through it.  The acid spills down onto the lower levels, engulfing several men before they even get the chance to act. It flows out in all directions, spilling into the other pools and overflowing them as well.  It will take some time for this pool to drain and for the acid to find its level, so to speak.

The men below who aren't instantly submerged make a run for it. One raises a wall to divert the flow somewhat.

MAPS. All of them since you have people on the edge. Living on the edge.
https://imgur.com/a/CWLQo

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:17 pm »

"I'm sure that round won't land anywhere inconvenient. Probably."

Another shot at wherever is the densest cluster. Then start moving downward.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:35:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #894 on: January 05, 2018, 12:15:09 pm »

"Well, I suggest we get to the heart of the matter. Let me on board and let's collect Thang and drop down a level ... preferably from this side, opposite the squid. I think that lead explosion worked out fairly well, overall. Did a fair amount of damage.
I'm thinking that casting dome, distortion dust, directly on that heart down there might have a pretty nice effect, but we'll probably need some defense while the goatmen and others rush us.

PW, would there be a penalty on casting from this far away, or could i target the giant heart if I get Line of sight on it?

Anyway, get up on Shade's cat, with DOAS, and go collect Thag. If i feel at the time that I have a decent shot, target the heart with [dome][distortion dust] with the intent of encapsulating the heart in a dome-shaped cloud of distortion dust. Hopefully that'll kill it.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
Penalty? No. But you'd have a pot roll and a dex roll for a ranged spell. And the dice you're rolling against would increase as distance increased. Not really penalty just increased difficulty. From your current position the difficulty will be a d12, so I'll let you make your own decision on that.

You grab thag, assuming he desires being grabbed. Dunno. Not there yet...No he's leaping down. Ok so we'll have you head over in that direction.

Shadow Alliance

Jump down to the next level and head eastward towards the big door thingy.  Keep my sword out in case someone wants to fight.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
Thats a good 20 or so feet, friend. You still wanna do it? If so I'll edit the turn and put it in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #895 on: January 05, 2018, 12:24:50 pm »

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
[end 5v5]
You finish your drink and feel only a little bit buzzed. You ask the bartender about your difficult to spell and probably even more difficult to pronounce drink. The bartender gives you a long suffering scowl and shakes his head no.

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Guess I gotta kill time while the boss is out? This one's a classic: what are the security guys equipped with?

The guards have two visible weapons and one concealed, you think. They all carry folding batons as well as a machete similar to the bartender's. You see a lump in clothing of several of them, more than likely large pistols or maybe small submachine guns? Clearly they're prepared for different levels of potential violence.

Cosa Nostra

Order something strong.
Are there any side-effects of casting while drunk?

You order a tumbler of Scotch and the bartender gives it to you along with a few large chips of ice.

Being drunk increases some stats, decreases others. Strength and Endurance go up, Memory, Dex, Int, and Awareness go down. So if you're doing melee casting, its actually not bad.

The pair having sex in the corner finish in a very vocal way and the band, cheekily, stops the current song and plays a sort of ending jingle before continuing on.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 05, 2018, 02:05:20 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Order a dang MEAD. Don't panic.

((I'm gonna be honest with you fellas, I'm just killing time because my massive superbrain cannot comprehend nonviolent solutions))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 05, 2018, 02:17:01 pm »

No, not going to fire a d12 difficulty ranged attack on a d6 dex.
Instead, I'l stick with the other two and attempt to get down a level, prferably on the back of the big cat who can most easily land such a jump. in fact, I could wait on the current level, let the big cat jump down and put it's forepaws up on our level, then climb down its back.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 05, 2018, 03:32:11 pm »

Get down, but throw the weapon down before me, so that I'm not holding it as I try to get down.  Grab the edge and drop down that way to shorten it six or so feet.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 05, 2018, 03:32:53 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Drink the Scotch. Act like I'm not waiting for an excuse to murder everyone in the building.
((What do you use to make the maps?))

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:58:09 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 114