Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 65112 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #375 on: June 17, 2018, 02:35:56 pm »

i asked the gm to see if i can get in
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 17, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »

No I haven't seen the map. WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS?
Augh x.x this is what I try to alleviate in the organization in a forum by always posting these in my posts. Sorry!

Don't worry, nobody knowing what the hell is going on is one of our strategic assets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is a PW game, so you could say that not even reality itself knows what we're doing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2018, 09:42:53 am »

"we were supposed to take the tank, but we instead rigged it with explosives and used it to launch an assault on their HQ in disguise before blowing the whole thing to kingdom come. That counts as taking the tank, right?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2018, 12:22:02 pm »

So it looks like they can target lightning strikes based on Intel, and are taking rough guesses as to where we are.

Me and Bob need to make this quick.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2018, 12:57:49 pm »

good luck. We'd join you if it were IC reasonable.

You gather up 3 Gewehr's, 2 Sturmgewehr 44's, and a few SMG's of a make you're not familiar with. There are 30 rounds for the Gewehr's, 45 for the sturmgewehr's and 30 for the SMGs; a lot of rounds have gone off so those are just the ones that still look usable. There are a few knives, and two of those amulets with the symbol on them.

alright, who wants what?
Gewehr (Ed will take this one)
Gewehr
Gewehr
30 Gewehr bullets (Ed will take 10)
Sturmgewehr  (Parrish is calling this one)
Sturmgewehr
45 Sturmgewehr bullets (Parrish is calling 1/2 of these)
SMG  (I believe Jackson will take at least one of these. He's been asking for one for a while
SMG
SMG
30 SMG bullets (Jackson will get 10 of these at least. More if fewer people ask for the SMGs)

Knives (Parrish is taking one)
Amulet (Ed is taking one)
Amulet (Ed is handing one to Tala)

Human organs: NO! no! nope, nope nope nu-uh.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:08:36 pm by Ozarck »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2018, 01:03:46 pm »

No I haven't seen the map. WHY DON'T PEOPLE TELL ME THESE THINGS?
Augh x.x this is what I try to alleviate in the organization in a forum by always posting these in my posts. Sorry!

Don't worry, nobody knowing what the hell is going on is one of our strategic assets.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I remember seeing that image and being really proud of it. Also that Russian quote and the German one are true. And quoted in Tom Clancy books regularly.
This is a PW game, so you could say that not even reality itself knows what we're doing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:14:40 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2018, 01:08:28 pm »

@Ozarck, you should still report the organs to Bones.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2018, 01:08:56 pm »

If nothing else, Simon Smith, Tankiest Sniper, could at least jump in there and gun down some f*ckers with the bow mounted MG34, or even the co-ax. It's not that hard to use, all he would need to know is where the safety is, everything else would probably be done for him (i.e. belt loaded, bullet in the chamber, all he would need to do is hit the safety, pull the trigger, and remember not to overheat the gun.

Whaa?  Why would Simon stop at killing Nazis with a machine gun, when he could steal the whole tank?  He's already hauling around an MG15, anyway.  And four sniper rifles, though two of them are just spares.  Also a lightning rifle, an officer's pistol, and a lot of knives, a couple grenades...  uhh.  My point is, he's already got all the conventional firepower he can use (if maybe not as much as he wants), unless he starts aiming hire.  Like, tank higher.

Seriously, I'm gonna do my damndest to keep that tank, even if it means Simon has to sleep inside and chain himself to it like he does with his guns.  The brass ain't stealing my tank, Simon isn't Alice, he won't roll over and let someone just spirit it away!
First off: 4 guns rifles and an MG15? Having played Wolfenstein: The New Order, I don't question how you have this many guns (primarily because it means I get to carry around at least 2 and an equivalently heavy amount of explosives) I question primarily where you got an MG15, of all the possible things.

What I meant by using the MG, was that if the GM decided you didn't know how to either use the main cannon or drive the SOB (since you can't do both in any way, not even by holding the gunner/driver hostage) you would'nt be stuck in a tight space with a bunch of germans, their buddies would be stuck outside with you inside an armored vehicle with 2 seperate, fully loaded, sadly stationary machine guns.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2018, 01:13:10 pm »

@Ozarck, you should still report the organs to Bones.
Yes. Yes we will. I was gonna ask PW about something else as well that we might need to report to Bones.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2018, 01:16:06 pm »

You gather up 3 Gewehr's, 2 Sturmgewehr 44's, and a few SMG's of a make you're not familiar with. There are 30 rounds for the Gewehr's, 45 for the sturmgewehr's and 30 for the SMGs; a lot of rounds have gone off so those are just the ones that still look usable. There are a few knives, and two of those amulets with the symbol on them.

alright, who wants what?
Gewehr
Gewehr
Sturmgewehr
SMG  (I believe Jackson will take at least one of these. He's been asking for one for a while
SMG
SMG
30 SMG bullets (Jackson will get 10 of these at least. More if fewer people ask for the SMGs)

1 STG, 1 G43, the rest of the STG bullets, 10 G43 bullets, and a knife for Toby please. An SMG, but I don't need any bullets, I can just pick some up later (and if we don't see any more of this type of SMG, I'll just grab a Schmeisser at some point)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:17:40 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2018, 01:28:16 pm »

Also, Denver is an SMG main. You should totes give him one.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 18, 2018, 01:34:40 pm »

alright, who wants what?
Gewehr
Gewehr
Sturmgewehr
SMG
SMG

1 STG, 1 G43, the rest of the STG bullets, 10 G43 bullets, and a knife for Toby please. An SMG, but I don't need any bullets, I can just pick some up later (and if we don't see any more of this type of SMG, I'll just grab a Schmeisser at some point)
as you can see, I have you listed for one STG and half the STG  bullets. You are Parrish, Ya dingus. Take a knife. PW called tehm 'several' so just add one to your inventory. In your action turn for this round, either in bold or in double parenthesis, list that you are placing those items in your inventory.

as for the other bullets and smg, hang tight for a moment while others get a chance for loot. I don't see any reason you can't have an SMG, though.

Also, Denver is an SMG main. You should totes give him one.
if you guys survive your current affair, you'll probably have a few up there as well. I do wish you'd have radio'd us about that - we could easily make it there in a round or so. GLORY hog! :P No but really, good luck

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 18, 2018, 02:19:44 pm »

Just making sure. You can never be too sure. definitely didn't forget that my character's last name is Parrish or anything nooooooo sir I would never do something as silly as that
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:31:39 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2018, 03:04:36 pm »

I think we may have missed our window for radioing in, as noise and any static now might be our undoing. We're gonna die.

At the very least though, it's gonna be fun.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2018, 03:10:14 pm »

Definitely packing one of those SMG's away. Gives me a bit of leeway with ranged engagements.

Also a gewehr with a single clip (So, 10). a +1 isn't much but it's enough I can get away with using it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39