Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 65050 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2017, 11:58:44 pm »

((Tir,  PLEASE spoiler all that.  I don't want to read through it, as I don't want to argue with you.  Please?  I doubt it'll make anything you say less persuasive.))
On another note, did anyone check if even our suits or otherwise are pretty much something the enemy can gain something out of? Part of the reason or assumption why I would like someone to 'trap' our bodies or at least expend those explosives on something, unless something else will explode. :-\ Only reasoning why I believe the Nazis are running away from their own base other than fire in several locations. Given the limited view where Alice is, the runway is dark and those AA guns can't see the plane or its take off trajectory anytime soon, maybe?

That, or detail as to how bad the fire is wasn't direct when I read it? :-[

Also it seems the only way out from that position with the truck is where Smith is at, then right.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:01:14 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2017, 01:06:01 am »

feel free to look at the third one first. the first two are long and detailed, because you asked for clarity. If you feel that a response to the third is warranted, the other bits are far less important.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:38:08 am by Ozarck »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:02 am »

For the record, I value you as a player, and your character as an ally. The same goes for everyone else, even those I have other disagreements with.
I thought we all agreed on all that and were more having a tussle over words :P You are pretty much to me.

Also I did miss a lot in hindsight X_X sorry for all that!

Piecewise: Is it possible to requisition some kind of communication for everyone? All the discussion just reminded me of the primary problem that was had in WWI/II: Communication. Because it seems the current methods are one-way receiver radios (given the Commander's equipment), equipment like these or otherwise can act as localized communication devices, with the Commander's equipment being the long range radio to home base.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2017, 01:53:57 am »

Accepted. Tank you for being kind and letting me vent. It's been a long week, and i am very tired.

Winston got the radio and the rest of Joan's stuff. Alice got in touch with Winston, and Bone, and found out the plane had no weapons.
this is from the short turn. Looks liek the radio works, since alice and Wninston can communicate, and alice has contacted "bone" Who, I assume is the commander.

here is the description of the base at teh end of the turn in which the bomb goes off
The fireball dies almost as fast as it started and the air is sucked back into the void with a thunder clap. In the aftermath, half the base is a sea of flame and half crushed buildings, a scene of hellish ruins strewn with burnt bodies.

here is the description in the OP of the secrecy of our organization. This answers a question raised before about dog tags, or other identifiable items:
Our actions are secret, by and large, the sort of thing no one will ever know of. And I won't try to con you into the vain hope of trading your life for some tin medal. I offer you only this: Without men like you, we will lose this war and the world will be plunged into chaos. Carry that in your hearts and walk forward into hell with no regrets!

And leave your dogtags at the door.  If I can't identify your body, I don't care. And if I CAN, then you better still be shooting at some Krauts. The only way out of my brigade is when they ship you home in a shoe box!

I do not have an answer regardig the strange smocked officers with the stun rifles. But if memory serves: they were north of the hangar, west of where alice and the rest were, between those buildings. Ed has not been that far, and has no knowledge of them. I believe they were furhter distant than the last of our people in that direction, so they would not have been between any survivors and the truck. So noone is likely to have looted them.

Ed drove in along the north side of the supply depot. That's where Ed is driving out through. I understand that you want us to rescue Smith as well, but a) he put himself in that position for some reason, and b) I do not belive that Ed has had time to look around and see him through the fire, smoke and madness all around. He's been a little busy. But we will wait for him once we are off the base.

And the others can decide on whether to attack the command center or not.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2017, 02:16:48 am »

!AliveJoan would be noting that there would be time to do so, especially at the speed of a truck. Shells are safe, munitions storage is on fire (a sense test could really be rolled for checking that), and y'all can quickly drive in, loot, check if the AA guns aren't being manned, and probably escape through the west side of the map alongside Alice.

Y'all can pretty much pick up Smith while backing up or doing a U-turn (takes just seconds for him to sprint if the truck goes on the north side of the supply depot--as in, past our dead bodies), as there isn't any exit from the bathroom areas or...how big that truck looks like.

...Also plant those explosives on our bodies please? :P

Ed drove in along the north side of the supply depot. That's where Ed is driving out through. I understand that you want us to rescue Smith as well, but a) he put himself in that position for some reason, and b) I do not belive that Ed has had time to look around and see him through the fire, smoke and madness all around. He's been a little busy. But we will wait for him once we are off the base
I'm wary of those 4 AA guns still unmanned, they could hinder Alice or destroy that plane outright, with the noise that'd be created.

So I'm betting there's more time. It doesn't take 5 minutes for Smith to sprint to the truck (costing physical but :V get a ration!), get that truck near ProbablyOfficerNazi bodies with strange rifles and loot em, and wipe out any remaining resistance with the benefit of surprise, and conjunctive firepower that is a whole truck's worth of many weapons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2017, 09:17:30 am »

The smocked lunatics, if they're dead, are DIRECTLY west of Joan's corpse and whatever's left of her team.

Not even very far, they're going to be right around that corner.

I recommend leading with a frag grenade, however. Those things hurt.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:15 am »

Yeah, pretty sure the objective here was info, remember? Papers or kidnapped people. Kids were secondary and blowing up the base was the exit action.
Scrolling back (to make a semi snarky comment), I stumbled upon this gem. So, I have to revise my claim that mission objective one is partially complete. Ed's gonna have to advocate for actually continuing the mission, since we have neither papers nor captives.

-sigh- off to edit my action.

edited.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 10:11:38 am by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2017, 01:55:54 pm »

I'll recommend that someone grabs a smock-man corpse. Might be able to squeeze some intel out of them, even if they are dead. If any of them are still alive at this point, obviously try to capture one.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2017, 09:24:03 pm »

Hey guys, I'm out of town right now at ASTRO, the radiation therapist conference.  I'll be back home on Wednesday. Sorry about the lack of posts but this thing goes from like 7 in the morning till 5 at night and then there are dinners with vendors and all sorts of crap. Won't have any real time and have no access to my map making software.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2017, 09:26:12 pm »

That is fine.

Enjoy your conference.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2017, 06:16:43 am »

Oh no, fancy food with people trying to cozy up to you to sell you stuff? Poor thing  :P

Don't worry, we'll hold down the fort, you have fun sitting through endless presentations and stuffing your face.

(I suddenly feel like searching for a live stream of the event and a hearty game of spot-the-skeleton.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:34 pm »

Two weeks late to join at the beginning of Chalice, and i notice that the gangs have formed:
There's random gang one, random gang two, and
Radio, Pancaek, syvarris, Egan, and Nikitian.

now, do I join and tag along with the Juggernaut?
Join another faction and prepare for the inevitable steamrollering?
PTW?
Nothing?

I think if i joined I'd probably go with the juggernaut and make a completely useless character. It's worked out so far in this game.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:18 pm »

Just do what I do, play a character that doesn't really know what's going on and bumble your way through. S' pretty fun. And with a little luck you, too, can explode your own eyeballs on your very first turn and form a little club with nik  :D

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2017, 08:40:12 pm »

Two weeks late to join at the beginning of Chalice, and i notice that the gangs have formed:
There's random gang one, random gang two, and
Radio, Pancaek, syvarris, Egan, and Nikitian.

now, do I join and tag along with the Juggernaut?
Join another faction and prepare for the inevitable steamrollering?
PTW?
Nothing?

I think if i joined I'd probably go with the juggernaut and make a completely useless character. It's worked out so far in this game.
I dunno if it will be a steam rolling. So far Sy's team has succeeded in gunning a few people down and getting shot. One of the other teams summoned an alien demon tiger and it has been slaughtering ever since.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2017, 08:43:24 pm »

I blame syv's wordlist. Would be much better if we had a bunch of ornate and flesh and wings and feathery. ^_^
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39