Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 64994 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2017, 04:39:18 am »

Take out my pokeball-shaped medical tricorder. Diagnose Charmander's illness and replicate some fireproof medicine. Mix it with normal charfood and present to charmander. Do all this while not standing in the flames. Also leave my pokeball open on the ground next to a Zoroark treat, as a symbol of respect for this great creature. That thing ain't gonna be caged if it doesn't want to be, so may as well try to gain it's respect.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2017, 04:55:30 am »

Aaah! Tell Jessie to get her snake under control, or at least in its pokeball.

Failing that, use doubleteam!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2017, 05:35:08 am »

Crozius slam the creature, then try to remove the illusion.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2017, 06:44:47 am »

return snake to pokeball. Return to lurking.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2017, 08:23:17 am »

Sorry for the double post:

Stay in truck, try and help heal anybody still hurting in order of most to least damaged.

Name: Joe Nix
Description: A tall, almost ape-like man with a completely shaved head, Nix has always been something of an oddball. Always cheerful when with company he finds pleasant, when its time to get serious, it's as if a monster enters his visage, and he develops a rather disturbing tunnel vision when it comes to finishing the mission.
Physical: -1
Mental: -1
Life: -3

Since Jack (who was at -4) just got healed for three life, you are the most damaged.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:50 pm »

Posting to Participate in the OOC. Nothing to see here.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2017, 03:37:28 am »

Quote from: Egan_BW
Take out my pokeball-shaped medical tricorder. Diagnose Charmander's illness and replicate some fireproof medicine. Mix it with normal charfood and present to charmander. Do all this while not standing in the flames. Also leave my pokeball open on the ground next to a Zoroark treat, as a symbol of respect for this great creature. That thing ain't gonna be caged if it doesn't want to be, so may as well try to gain it's respect.

[6]

Your pokecorder beeps three times while examining your sick charmander, and then dings once it has concluded its examination.  It states that your charmander has been poisoned with no less than four highly illegal and dangerous drugs, and has automatically reported this to the local authorities.  It is incapable of synthesizing the required medicine, but a Nurse Joy has been dispatched to your location via Pigeotto, along with an Officer Jenny, who will question you about possible suspects for this heinous crime.  They'll be here in [two turns].

[3]

You shrug and leave a treat out next to Zoroark's pokeball.  It pops out of nowhere and eats the treat, then growls happily before disappearing again.

Quote from: Ozarck
return snake to pokeball. Return to lurking.

[1]

You suddenly wake up and immediately start shrieking at the snake to get back in its pokeball.  The enormous Arbok which is fully capable of eating you whole objects to being called a mere 'snake', by turning away from Meowth and biting your leg.  You feel venom painfully coursing through your veins.

And since you also made "return to lurking" part of your action, you aren't getting out of this by just not posting.

Quote from: Radio_Controlled
Aaah! Tell Jessie to get her snake under control, or at least in its pokeball.

Failing that, use doubleteam!

[5]

You leap back, creating an illusion of yourself where you were standing, and another which leapt farther back than you actually did.  All three of you then stare in confusion at the snake which is now attempting to kill and eat its trainer.

Quote from: CrocAndBearLover
Crozius slam the creature, then try to remove the illusion.

[5]

With a great roar, you bring both your bear arms down and smash the space-marine-turned Raichu.  It goes splat, but you tear the adorable yellow fuzzball in two pieces anyway, raising the adorable corpse above your head, and letting the blood rain down onto your face.

"BY THE GLORY OF CHAOS, I HAVE SLAUGHTERED THIS TINY YELLOW MOUSE THING!"

[1]

What illusion?  Clearly Chaos has turned you into a bear, and it would insult your daemonic masters to rebuke their blessings.  Especially when it allowed you to so easily vanquish your hated enemy.

Quote from: NRDL
Posting to Participate in the OOC. Nothing to see here.

[521]

You are a dangerously snobbish pheasant!

Near you there is currently a blood covered space marine screaming at a small rat that it just ripped in half, an incompetent trainer trying to heal the baby dragon he poisoned, a giant snake biting its screaming trainer, and three identical cat things staring at her rather than helping with the snake.

The sheer amount of idiocy being displayed in front of you fills you with disdain.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2017, 05:47:09 pm »

Throw a pair of pokeballs high up into the air so that they'll come back down in two turns and capture Joy and Jenny. Jailbreak my pokecorder to produce the required medicine.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 08, 2017, 01:11:36 pm »

"What are you knuckleheads doing?! We have pokemon to steal!"

Help out Jessie, try to get that Arbok back in its pokeball. Maybe distract it by using Substitute?

Also, there's three of me, so I get to roll thrice for every action, riiiiiight?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2017, 08:10:48 am »

Syv, you have room in the plane (And your hands) for ALL the files.

Get them ALL out, you don't speak or read German (So far as I know) and you never know what might be an Enigma codebook (Makes codebreakers' lives easier for a time) or a set of troop dispositions or just a lab report WITHOUT the symbols.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2017, 09:29:56 am »

Due to me being stupidly dead, I am very, very confused why some players are taking idling actions <_<

Did people load the truck with a dead nazi with that strange rifle? Take some supplies that, while aren't directly incriminating, can lead to some leads later on as we progress later? Try to stifle the fire around them or gather material to protect from explosive shrapnel? There's a lot that someone can do than idle, and any literature being browsed that have the potential to not be helpful can be done...later on.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 04:08:59 pm »

I VERY RECCOMEND WOW that everyone take cover this turn in some form. Doing things like, I dunno, casually walking out of the building you're in? That's pretty likely to get you blown up. Just saying.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:53 pm »

In the cockpit, Alice swears aloud as the truck pauses for a moment in front of the plane and then speeds off out of the way. She manipulates the strange controls and pulls the them upward. The plane does not rise like a normal plane; it doesn't trace a slow arc into the air, gaining height by degrees. It leaps up as though someone has yanked it up on a line. It rises about 100 feet in two seconds before surging forward. The sound is incredible, the wind roars like they were flying through a thunderstorm and the world around them is filled with a tempest of rolling smoke and lightning. After a few terrified seconds they emerge above the smoke and take off into the dark, circling around the base in a long arc.
SO there's jumpjet tech as early as WWII! O_o
...Ok we really have to be that brigade who discovers what messed up the timeline and technology now. :P

Also piecewise, please add a link to OOC/IC on the OP of both threads, thanks ahead?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2017, 11:18:02 am »

maybe I'm just slow, but I'm not entirely sure how to safely remove this simple door trap.

remove the door knob? the inside part would fall, pulling the string and triggering the mechanism.
cut the wire through the gap between door and frame? is there enough gap? possibly i would push the wire enough to trigger it
drill a hole in the door to access the string? is the door wooden? do I have a tool for that?
cut through the doorknob to unlatch the door without turning the knob? doesn't really solve the issue. THe wire would still be there and would trigger on opening the door.

Seems I am missing something simple, but I don't know what.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2017, 05:11:05 pm »

If I were designing this nuke door, I'd make the explosive destroy the intel we're trying to grab when the trap is set off. After all, if the intent of your trap is to protect the stuff in the office, just killing the first guy who tries to go through won't do much good his buddy just waltzes in and steals all of your precious nazi experiment data.
So, uh, don't set it off intentionally. That'll just destroy the reason we want to get through the door, yeah?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39