Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark]  (Read 22409 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 1 - Slight Complications]
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2017, 07:06:44 pm »

"I don't see why not. It'd be safer for all of us."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2017, 07:20:42 pm »

: "'Course you can come! Like ya said, we're the Shields! We slay bandits and soforth, wuddn't be proper to just up and leave ya stranded out here."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2017, 07:22:26 pm »

"Thanks a lot, you guys. This is the second time you're saving me today!"
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:30 am »

Henry gave Beatrice a thumbs up.

"No problem! It's our job to protect people, you know?"

"And they say if you like what you do it's not even really like a job at all!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Shields of Caermo IC [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark]
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2017, 12:51:45 am »

— — [Chapter 2 - Blades in the Dark] — —

Squad Eckert departs the clearing with their new companions in tow, once again on their way to Fort Ashton. The rest of their journey is uneventful and they arrive just before sundown two days later. A lone soldier greets them at the gate.

"Hello. You must be from Fort Raivo, right? Our commander told us you'd be arriving soon. Unfortunately, he isn't around to greet you personally; there have been more bandit sightings very close to the fort today. It's unusual for them to get bold enough to come into the open more than once in a month, let alone the same week, so the commander went out to investigate personally with his own squad. Not many of us around right now." He leads the squad and co. inside the fort's large entrance and through the halls. As they pass a set of heavy wooden doors, the soldier points them out.

"See those doors? Those lead into the armory. That's where the extra weapons are stored. I'd let you in to grab them right away, buuut... the captain brought the only key with him. Sorry about that. He should be here later tonight, or... maybe early in the morning? In the meantime, you all should really rest up. I know it's a long trip."

Squad Eckert et al. are then shown to one of the fort's forward barracks. "The commander said you could stay in here if you needed a place to sleep. It's Squad Salome's barracks, but he already cleared it with them. A few of their members were injured in the last attack anyway - plenty of beds for everyone." With that, their guide leaves to take up his post once more.

The door is opened, and the squad plus three is faced with their new bunkmates for the night...

//Simon Isurus, Nuallán Subhne, and Otto Crowe are in!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:56:56 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2017, 08:19:04 am »

Henrietta approached an empty bed and plopped down.

"It sounds like the bandits are getting uppity in these parts, and just when I thought things were calming down a bit."

She sighed, stretched, and turned to face the the people she hadn't met yet, raising a hand in greeting as she did so.

"Hey, there. I'm Henrietta Rougemont, Squad Eckert vanguard and second-line medic from Fort Raivo."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2017, 10:11:12 am »

Otto didn't bother getting up from his bunk.

: "Hmph. A bunch of raw recruits from the nanny house, in other words."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2017, 11:02:36 am »

Nuallán had been sitting on his bunk calmly stringing his bow when the newcomers arrived. Upon noticing them, he put the bow's stave aside and stood up with a smile on his face. He was lanky; tall but thin, with just enough muscle in his body to make him a fighter. His outfit and hair were also pretty fancy for a humble Shields archer.

"Pleased to meet you all. I am Nuallán Subhne, archer and hunter."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2017, 11:29:52 am »

”The same to you. My name is Galen."

Otto's words then wipe the smile right off his face.

”Um... What did you say?"

Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2017, 12:01:42 pm »

"Pretty sure he just called you all a bunch of babies." Aiesha said, not particularly interested. "I don't suppose anyone has access to lockpicks around here? If you'd otherwise be able to access the armory, I'd be happy to open it for you. Provided you have the tools, since I don't."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2017, 12:07:03 pm »

: "I am not in the habit of repeating myself. Fort Raivo is where they gather all of the rabble in the hopes of finding anyone who can swing a blade without hurting themselves. Why, I bet they had you doing mock battles as little as two weeks ago, correct?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2017, 12:51:30 pm »

The very tall monk performed a brief bow as soon as the group arrived to greet them.

"Greetings! My name is Simon Isurus, a monk."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2017, 12:56:41 pm »

”That might be true, but you don't have to be so rude about it. We are just as capable as you."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2017, 03:13:19 pm »

"Yeah, really! I started fighting bandits four years ago and I used to be in the Defense Force before I left them for the Shields."

Henrietta huffed at the rude man, who she noted hadn't bothered to introduce himself.

"Anyway, good to meet you Simon and Nuallan."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 03:16:43 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2017, 05:18:00 pm »

"This is Otto, our colleague. Do not mind his manners, I can vouch he is good at his job. How was your trip here? Hopefully pleasant, though I am inclined to believe otherwise." Nuallán continued.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35