Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14640 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 6b: Reality Reasserted
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2017, 02:59:56 am »

Meanwhile, a familiar serpent sashays its way up the Great Trees again.

For its first quest, the serpent harvested some of the lower fruits of the tree of knowledge. It assembled a pile, then disappeared as a cloud covered the moon. Moments later, it reappeared on the surface of the First, in a pool of shadow near a Tavros encampment. It carefully transported the fruits to where the Tavros slept, then left them there.
It repeated this feat several times, visiting several different tribes of Tavros.

Deliver some fruits of Knowledge to the Tavros, to whet their appetite for learning. (Not a full Act. Literally just moving a bunch of fruit from one location to another)

Now, under a new moon, the serpent climbed the Trees again. It made its way higher than before, further and further up the sylvan towers, until it had reached the highest branches of the Tree of Knowledge. Here, the potency of the fruit was self-evident, as they radiated power. Large, but not excessively so, for it does not take a lot of knowledge to have a big effect. The serpent selected a particularly juicy looking specimen, and sank its teeth into the soft flesh.
Or tried to, at least. The skin of the fruit resisted its efforts, at first, but the serpent strained its jaw, and eventually managed to pierce through. Dark blotches quickly spread across the surface, but the tree initially refused to let go, reluctant to let such knowledge be easily obtained. But as the corruption started to spread onto the branch itself, the fruit was dropped, if only to save the rest of the tree. Again, the serpent fell with it, and again, it disappeared with its bounty into the shadows.
And again, it delivered the fruit to a tribe of Tavros- one of the ones it had brought fruit before, that would know they were good to eat, even if this particular one looked a bit... weird. Constellations blinked in and out of existence on its surface, as rainbow ripples moved across it in hypnotic patterns. Yet who could resist the temptation to try it, having tasted a few morsels of Knowledge before?

The serpent waited until morning to deliver the fruit- the Tavros awakening to the sight of the silver-scaled temptress pushing the tempting treat into their camp. It inclined its head towards them, then slithered into the shadow of a rock and disappeared.
Should the Tavros try a bite of the fruit, they would be struck with a vision:
You find yourself standing between four pillars. All but one is most unusual. The 'usual' one is made of rock and dirt, though its formation is unnatural. The other three are made of ever-flowing water, flickering flames, and churning clouds respectively. A snake appears at the edge of your vision, and speaks to you.
"Sspeak your commandss, and the elementss lissten"
You find yourself raising your hands, making strange gestures, and speaking words unknown to you. As you do so, fire streams forth from the burning pillar, forming an orb in your hands. With another word, it is banished. More gestures, more strange words: the process is repeated with the other three pillars. Now the pillars recede into the earth, and the snake speaks again:
"Find your sstrength in the sstormss", it hisses, and as it does so, you see a storm approaching.
You know how dangerous these storms can be, yet you remain where you stand, and feel no fear. When a blast of raw magic arcs its way towards you, you instinctively raise your hands, and rather than striking you down, it flows between them, forming yet another orb.
"Tell the magic what it should be", the snake says.
You speak some of the strange words from earlier, and the orb of magic transforms into an orb of water. You release it, and it falls to the ground, making your feet wet.
"Know that sstrength iss not the only ssource of power", the snake concludes, and darkness descends, before you awaken from your vision.

Act: Deliver a fruit bearing knowledge of basic elemental magic to a tribe of Tavros. Copious serpents.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:28:59 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 26, 2017, 10:16:16 am »

Zlyusilusl was sent off yet again to carry a message. This time it was directed to Kol "I am the god of truth. I understand and respect your desire to end the lies of the gods .As such I have often objected to the lies told to your people. Like all gods I require worship to survive but unlike some of the other gods I do not believe myself entitled to it. So I offer an exchange to you and your people I will trade truth and knowledge for worship and I will ask for nothing more. This messenger will await a response from you before returning, however it also currently carries the full extent of a conversation between me and Phalanalin which you may find interesting"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:29 am »

Kol had sat the throne in the cavern for more than two generations by now, almost unmoving, watching over the Acterians as they began life anew, as they had so many times before. He had disabused them of the blood sacrifices, he had given them time to heal, away from divine influence. And yet another divine messenger arrived, as so many had before.

He had ignored the one who had simply demanded him to kneel, for he knew him as the weaker of the two and as the one who had imprisoned him so long ago. When the second Messenger came, this time from the God of Truth, he did not send him away.

For a moment he considered striking him down, but in the end he refrained from it. Instead he answered its offer.

Though i am loath to even accept the advances of a single god, i am more than aware of the danger in refusing them all. Tell your master that he will recieve the worship of my people, but all truths and knowledge he offers go through me first, for the Acterians are not yet ready, more time is required for them to heal.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

"That is acceptable" Ralkieis sends the emissary of truth to Kol to give him truth and knowledge to pass on to the Acterians.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 26, 2017, 05:27:05 pm »

Varalin eventually exits the hall gesturing for Acter to follow her. She wanted to be followed clearly. Her tone was somber....Apologetic as she turned around floating above the isle of passion above a fertile particularly peaceful looking area. 

"..Acter."

Her face tightens. Her eyes glimmering as her hands tighten as she breathes out slowly their tone...quivering.

"I...Have...I don't feel worthy. To.....I'm a terrible friend."

Emotions were swirling. Hatred self-loathing coming through her mind.....Regret. Regret that she was with acter for he deserved better than some fool who only made things worse for him. He deserved better than some naive idiot who just wanted something to take care of. Her voice choked up and her eyes watering up betraying her thoughts.

"..I"m a failure. It's my fault that...e-everything goes wrong and this was my fault as well, I...I just hurt you and make things worse for you."

She shakes quivering gasping almost as she feels it. Feels this flowing over her and it feels like its too much feels like that now with....less power she just....feels wrong. She feels wrong emotionally the power that was taken away while that thought settled quickly the vulnerability she felt. The. anger and rage at herself for fucking up not only herself but worst of all her friend. That was the worst part. She shouldn't be with him.......She should be alone...She didn't deserve anyone else. Their voice was resigned.....Quiet...and they begin to look down on the Isle not able to look acter in the eyes. Head down.

"...I....should...just go..Acter..just...Forget about me and I...I will just...go and....I don't know....Lay down in a valley alone.........I don't want to.....keep hurting you."
Hey, hey, Varalin, calm down. This isn't your fault. Nobody here really knows the rules, and you've been trying your hardest to help. Things don't always work out, but that doesn't mean that you give up at the first sign of failure! C'mon, we've got work to do, things to fix. I need you for that.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:42 pm »

Varalin was still for a few moment's staring at Acter's lined face silently their mouth opening and closing.....Quietly no sound leaving their body. Managing a weak smile through it...doesn't look that real. Varalin wasn't bad at faking. They look down upon the world and quietly thinking they began to focus.

"All....right Acter."
Varalin makes a small race numbering in the hundreds. Nestled in a fertile valley free from most of the dangers on the first world and abundant with food. The being's that are born have a similar look to that of Varalin and strangely....Acter.   Humanoid made of dense amounts of soft and smooth purple fine vine-like greenery mimicking skin and body parts with long black lines seemingly sketching out their proportion's. White teeth gleam on through and even Varalins signature emotional aura is on them showcasing how they feel to others around them and helping them understand how they feel themselves.

They appear at their oldest as an adolescent and have a very excitable passionate personality while having an ingrained desire to improve themselves and the world around them. They are softhearted and initially will have a mindset more based around befriending things around them. They are joyous and feel extreme joy and much of Varalins emotional intensity can be seen in them. They have 3 genders. Each genders difference is slight appearance changes. 1. Looks the most like Varalin. 1 Looks the most like acter and one looks like the standard one. All 3 of them can reproduce and with enough time could even reproduce with other species.

Their smiles might be alluring and their voices warm and kind even if one was torturing you their voice wouldn't give it away certainly. They have a nice floral scent that would remind someone of lavender. The lines that resemble acters glow during the night with a bright bioluminescent blue light. They are naturally resistant to insanity do to their intense emotions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe Varalin is trying to tell Acter something with this.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 09:00:14 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2017, 06:07:13 am »

Code: [Select]
Reproducing copies....

Have hot divine and utterly vanilla intercourse with Ralkieis for the sole sake of procreation.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2017, 06:17:00 am »

Ralkieis had been reading through the book of truth when Tutelspera managed to get his attention. It seemed his consort desired children. Had Tutelspera been seeking kindness, love or compassion Ralkieis would have had none to offer. But children was something he could help with and may prove useful down the line.

The strange ever-shifting thing that is Ralkieis procreates with Tutelspera (somehow)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2017, 01:58:18 pm »

Lu goes back on his decision not to take any action during this period. While the other gods were left to deal with Kol and the Acterians, Lu could not bring himself to harm his once servant. Though Lu found himself thinking that Kol neither needed or wanted his assistance, for Kol had grown strong on his own.

Turning his attention to the Tavros and the Chichisy, Lu found their quarrels interesting. The acterians had been so peaceful, perhaps here-in-lay some mortals which would fight and claw and climb to the upper echelon of mortal prowess. Their combat seemed quizzical, one side actually hurting itself more than the other side did. What odd beings. Yet perhaps some interesting interplay could come from them.

Lu crafted himself a sword of Unity (totally not compensating for the acterians here, nope not at all) using metals from the earth and the raging fire of Luar to instill the blade with an incredible burning passion, fiery power, and incredible strength. Lu then took his mighty talon and neatly sliced the blade into two halves. The result were two single edged identical swords which caught fire when the wielder was angry. Yet this was not the true power of the sword. For you see, the sword contained the power of unity, a great strength that would cause those nearby to follow the wielder. Yet, in its disharmonious form, it radiated hate and disunity. It whispered of Lu into the mind of its wielder, as well as intoxicating those who hold it with power and confidence. This is truly pleasurable and just feels right to the one holding it. Overtime it would twist the thoughts of its wielder to praise Lu and, but also to hate the opposing group, slowly and subtly this change is made, as if the thoughts belonged naturally to the wielder. One half was attuned to the Tavros, and would cause those nearby to to hate the Chichisy, while also providing it's wielder with some modicum of divine strength. Lu attuned the other half to the Chichisy, so that they would hate the Tavros, while also providing it's wielder with some modicum of divine strength. The hatred for the other was no stronger than in the one who wielded each half, and would only grow more potent with time.

Yet this was not the purpose of the sword. The sword itself is a challenge. For only a Tavros wielding the Tavros blade and a Chichisy wielding the Chichisy blade can combine the two halves into the Sword of Unity. This was the true purpose of the sword, for mortals to conquer hatred, not through divine intervention, but by overcoming the hate that grows within themselves. In doing so, they will find strength that no divine blade could possibly grant them.

Act: Create the Sword of Unity, break it into the Two Swords of Disharmony (as described above), and make them appear in the hands of the respective Chichisy Tribe Leader and Tavros Tribe Leader.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:03:59 pm by Roboson »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

Turn 7

-The War of Wrath-

The Dark Throneroom which he had fashioned for himself was heavy with mist form a nearby waterfall. Brooding Kol sat upon a throne of granite.

Before him sat those who lead the Acterians in his stead should he fail. They knew immediately the moment that the Gods had assembled outside of the Caves, for over generations with divine saturation the Acterians had grown a sort of sixth sense (or in their case seventh) for such things.

One of the eldest among them, Karal, a former member of the worshippers of Mother Darkness, rose. Dressed in barely more than roughspun robes crafted from the few plants that grew in the caves, he had the same constantly harried and tired look all Acterians had about them. It had become a normal for them. It had become something that had defined them. The Arrival of Kol and his expunging of Divine Influence had given them new hope and determination. The Gods could be driven off. And yes, while now they had every god as an enemy (with the exemption of the God of Truth) they felt steeled, ready to weather whatever may come. Yet they feared, for the Gods were many, and their lord was but one. And so the graying Elder stood before him, a truly pitiful creature, emaciated as all Acterians, harried, tired, pale and blind. But steel in his spine and determination in his speech.

"Soon they will be here. Go now my Lord, while there is time. There are places...below."

And you know them too? Lead our people there, as far and as deep as you can. Away from prying eyes and grasping hands. I release thee, my children you will be for all time.

The Elder hesitated for a moment, loyalty for his chossen Lord, wrangling with his desire to save as many of his kin as he could. In the end duty won through.

"As you command...my King."

In unison the assembled chieftains, elders and other leaders bowed one last time before their lord before heading off to save whoever they could from the Wrath of the Elder Gods.

-the War on the Ground-

Even while Gods converged on one place, in another, they meddled to their hearts content.

The Plains Tavros prospered greatly for they had those among them blessed by the Heavenly Sphere. The Blindseers. Beings while blind to the mundane, had become incredibly important to deal with many a dangerous element of nature. They foresaw the Magical storms caused by the Third, could predict it and even teach Tavros about the Sacraments of the Third,the Second and the First. And for the first time the Tavros learned magic. Using these powers to great effect, Plains Tavros population exploded rapidly, as theier civilization took great leaps. Able to form massive shelters on a whim, create food out of thin air and bend the very elements to their wills, the Plains Tavros formed a series of small city states within but a few generations.

A society whose only bottleneck where the Sacraments. There were only so many to go around and soon enough the different Cities began warring. Not over land, for food became secondary, not over resources for they could create whatever they pleased, no, they fought over the Sacraments.

Entrance left Karthos, Lender of Rites. A man who could offer to improve ones litter, at the cost of ones own and the life of a partner. In the City States which quickly came to be dominated by Councils of Blindseers the matter was solved quickly. There where always those Outcasts who were unwanted, and quick enough they were forced to mate and then their lives consigned to the Lender, in exchange for litter upon litter of warriors. A practice that rapidly spread among the various cities. Despite their rapid development in but a dozen generations, warfare had not. While Magic-wielders quickly became the be all and end all in warfare, the entrance of the Lender of Rites, led to the deployment of magic-immune war-litters, raised and born for the sole purpose of fighting mages. Even so, while they could ignore fire made by magic, they could not ignore a bolder thrown at a thousand miles an hour. Spears, Axes, Clubs of Stone and Bone, Tooth and Nail versus Earth Magic and Ice Magic, which rapidly become the pre-eminent forms used in the Sacramental Wars.

Despite this rather violent sounding relationship, these battles were mostly small-scale, more akin to raids between beings of a few dozen at a time. Time would tell how the Plains Tavros would develop further.

In the jungles meanwhile things had turned vile and violent. The unity of the twelve tribes had been forgotten, for the Godsblade had fallen among them. Made from a stone unknown to the Jungle-Folk, it clearly was immensely superior to any weapon they could make, not to mention its magical powers. And with it, ended the migration of the jungle-folk as quickly as it began. For the Eldest of the Kovash, Meng, had claimed the blade and declared himself supreme warchief. For this blade was a sign by the spirits of the earth and the earth demanded to be wet with the blood of the ChiChisy.

These had been a constant fixture in the life of the Junglefolk, for among the myriad dangers of the jungle they were...the most persistent and the least dangerous. Considered to be on the same stage as vermin, Chichisy were rarely dangerous for any of the twelve tribes, as they flung their half-starved, pox-covered bodies upon Tavros spears, it become quickly clear that the greatest danger they posed were the illnesses and infections they carried.

Yet Meng declared the will of the earthspirits and the Godsblade was clear: the Chichisy had to be exterminated. There could be no peace...Only War. But the Chichisy had found their own Blade, and with it a weapon of supreme exquisite pain. Wielded by the vilest of their degenerate species, Jasz, the Chichisy found new unity, enforced by the threat of a quick and painless death, for they knew that the worst existence was the one beyond, when one ceased to feel the pain. Coopting the weakest and most vile of his species, he forced them to climb the bladewood trees and harvest its fruits. These wretched souls lived short miserable existences as a myriad of cuts and wounds soon caused their death by bloodloss as wounds went untreated, in a haze of ecstatic pain. Feeding upon the miserable Feeders as they were called, and the products of their labors, Jasz began the second part of his plan. With all the inventiveness of an utterly hateful, sadistic and plain mad creature, he fed the dead Feeders to the strongest of his kind, and grafted the leaves of the Bladewood trees with needle, hair and by the use of cut open folds to the very extremities of his kin. The Chichisy berserker was born.

When the Tavros came in all their fury, pride and haughty expectation of an easy fight, they were butchered. Tails between their legs, many of their warriors were captured, suffering fates, far, far worse than death. Jasz was proclaimed as the First King of the Chichisy upon the eve of that very first victory. And for the first time since the beginning of existence, the Chichisy stopped suffering pain...for they had a plethora of victims. And they loved it. Realizing that inflicting pain upon others is far more enjoyable (and safe in the long term) than upon oneself, the Chichisy began balming their wounds, cleaning them, surturing them and feeding upon the corpses of the battle. A new purpose had been found...one far more dark and less miserable than the one before...

Amongst the Junglefolk the devastation and chaos was complete. Meng had been slain in battle, most of the war party lost and the Chichisy had turned out as something far more violent than expected. Even as the commonfolk griefed the death of their warriors, the Kovash began plotting against each other. For the Godsblade lay unclaimed. The next morning the first of the Kovash lay dead, slain by one of his brethren for the possession of the sword. Panicked the Junglefolk dragged their leaders apart. The massive camps of the twelve tribes lay thick with tension, tension which was relieved by bloodshed. Within days the coalition of tribes broke apart. Fighting for the Sword of Unity as each of their tribal leaders laid claim to it. The two tribes without leaders found themselves rapidly subjugated by the other tribes or victims of the Chichisy which used this moment of weakness to their hearts delight.

And while the Tavros and the Chichisy laid bloody waste to each other, a third party snuck in. Phalanalin, in the guise of a snake delivers to the Junglefolk, fruits most potent...fruits whose effect would have far reaching results eventually.

-Children of the Divine-

And while many of the Gods were midwives to war and death, and some even would partake in the endeavours themselves, others would be midwives to life and love instead. What seemed like a lunar eclipse to some of the Tavros was in fact the meeting of two beings so fundamentally different and so fundamentally alien to the mortal mind, that one could not even concieve of such beings ever being together...a coupling of gods is an awe-inspiring sight, the coupling of two moon-sized eldritch beings is an entirely different beast altogether.

The results of such lovemaking is in regularity also far beyond means of mortal comprehension and so some might have been suprised that the result caused a shower of meteorites go down in the southern hemisphere of the First, with not much else happening.

While some engaged in the most ancient of practices, others sought to create mirrors of their own existence without involving a second opinion. And so Varalin created her own children. Ephemeral and childlike the Children of Varalin lived an isolated existence far removed from the squabbling of the Chichisy and the Tavros in a fertile valley. Simple lives and simple existences, in which the three-gendered race did spend its days frolicking through dense vegetation. Time would tell how long these beings would stay isolated...

Even as this went on the Islands of Passion bore witness to the migration of an entire people. The numbers of the Phopu had grown ever steadily over the generations that had passed and now the copses had grown so large that they were forced to split once more...yet this time the Holy Ones called for a moot. Sending the ever morose mantaleafs as their messengers to the various copses and even every stand of Blessed Ones across the entirety of the Islands, a march began, a pilgrimage of epic proportions. To the uninitiated it might have looked like wandering forests growing each day with more numbers as the copses converged upon the Copse of the Sunless. Upon the Holy Site of the Phopu. Even the Blessed Ones, unmoving in some places for millenia, uprooted themselves and began moving. And as this gathering of an entire people reached its climax, the Phopu all rooted themselves and fell silent. Even the Sunless uncharacteristically rooted themselves as a vast communion began between the plant people. Not a leaf stirred in the entirety of this forest of Phopu, not a sound, not a rustle, utter unsettling silence.
The Communion lasted for days. Then weeks. Then months. When the Gods gathered upon the Islands, years had passed. And finally movement began once again. With a unity of purpose the Phopu began working, single-mindedly and silent. the Sunless harvested fruits in amounts unheard of since the inception of the Thee Most Holy Trees, the Sunseekers began weaving baskets of grass, by the millions, filling them with fruits from the trees and with water from the lakes and rivers surrounding the Phopu. The most Holy Ones however and the Blessed, stayed still, for them, an entirely different purpose began, for a few of the Sunless were delegate to these and their purpose was one which would have been akin to outright blasphemy and unholy madness for the Phopu before. The Blessed Ones began to shed their bark. Something, that wouldn't have killed them otherwise but here, it did. For they did not shed a bit of it, they began to shed their bark wholly and thoroughly, and with it their leaves and even branches as well as they could, but it became worse for even as the Blessed began this voluntary suicide, the Sunless began to carve big open wounds into the naked trunks. From these the lifefluids of the Blessed was taken.
But what could possibly be made from this? The branches and leaves became writing elements, the lifefluids ink and the bark the parchment upon which the Holy Ones dictated all they knew. Tables of Bark were created in such a way, day and night, week after month after year. And finally, their words spent, the Holy and the Blessed, for the first time in their long existences began bearing flowers and then months later fruit. Dutifully and with reverence the seeds of the Blessed and the Holy was gathered, saplings grown in between carefully unearthed and all of it put into the woven baskets which had been created. Ultimately the Holy Ones themselves gave all of their lifejuices, milked from them by the Sunless, and together with their Blessed Ones perished in one dark and somber night. For weeks the keening of the Phopu could be heard as even the eldest of them all Oldroot, the greatest and wisest slowly perished. Before he died, he called the Grand Secretary, Marrowquick, leader of the sunless priests and communed with him one last time at length before finally perishing.
All the while the Mantaleafs had begun reproducing. Their morose habits had suddenly ended and indeed a wild breeding frenzy broke upon them as they reproduced ever quicker and in greater masses, determination and enthusiasm warred in their minds, but soon their time would come. The Great Old One, first among their kind had said so...and he was always right.

Kol sends the Acterians into the deepest parts of the caves within the Isles of Passion, far removed from divine Influence.
Tutelspera creates the Blindseers
Tutelspera creates Karthos, the Lender of Rites
Tutelspera creates the Rite of Filial Ardor
The Tavros rapidly develop and evolve their society as a result
The Plainsfolk develop into Warring City States
Yeg'greth creates the Bladewoods
Lu creates the Swords of Unity
The Swords of Unity bring a unity of purpose to the Chichisy
and misery and war to the Junglefolk
Ralkiesis and the Tutelspera copulate to create...a meteroid shower
Varalin creates the Children of Varalin
Phalanalin delivers his Fruits to the Junglefolk...the repercussions of which will take some time to take root
Cerediron, Phalanalin and Gai-Gen gather to fight Kol
Cerediron and Gai-Gen create a Prison fit to hold Gods within the core of Luar
The Phopu gather for a grand communion
The Result of the Communion is the collective suicide of the Blessed and the Holy Ones for unknown purposes
The Phopu develop Weaving and Writing
[/i]

Spoiler:  The Universe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Religions (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 7: Warpath
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2017, 05:21:46 pm »

In Mirdanrond

The Tutelospera conjured itself upon its throne, a bit bothered by its stillborn, but nonetheless the same sphere as always.

"Fellow gods, I believe it is time to discuss the surface of the First. As all can see, the sapients of the surface have begun to blossom truly and I do find this development most fascinating. Which is why I must ask for the formulation of rules. An agreement of honour, I would say. I would ask for the following regulations:

>No god may directly harm a sapient species upon the surface of the First. This includes physical destruction, species-wide mental tampering, or modification to such an extent that the whole of the species can no longer be called members of that species.
>No physical manifestation of our forms upon the surface
>No direct communication with any mortals upon the surface

Would these be acceptable?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2017, 05:36:56 pm »

In Mirdanrond

The Tutelospera conjured itself upon its throne, a bit bothered by its stillborn, but nonetheless the same sphere as always.

"Fellow gods, I believe it is time to discuss the surface of the First. As all can see, the sapients of the surface have begun to blossom truly and I do find this development most fascinating. Which is why I must ask for the formulation of rules. An agreement of honour, I would say. I would ask for the following regulations:

>No god may directly harm a sapient species upon the surface of the First. This includes physical destruction, species-wide mental tampering, or modification to such an extent that the whole of the species can no longer be called members of that species.
>No physical manifestation of our forms upon the surface
>No direct communication with any mortals upon the surface

Would these be acceptable?"

Varalin breathed out quiet and thinking silently.  Varalin lightly shook they disagreed they needed to do a few of those things or well they wanted to......they wished to interact with their children they had just made they coulden't accept something like that. Their voice came out strong fierce disagreeing clearly.

"No. No. No. no. I need to interact with my children I cannot accept being pryed from them. I can accept not going down their in full godly splendor as long as I can do their via...a proxy or lesser body however....and I cannot accept being unable to communicate with them. Is....that understandable?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2017, 05:38:47 pm »

"I must clarify that when I say 'no direct communication', I mean no repeat of your...activities on the Isle. You may make use of proxies or avatars or the such, but please do not appear in truth nor simply grabbing a mortal and revealing to them the splendours of godhood."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2017, 05:41:37 pm »

You... you do realize that there is still the issue of Kol and the Acterians, yes? It is still important to fix what has gone wrong with that situation.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2017, 05:43:03 pm »

"This agreement does not pertain to your Isle, Acter. I merely care for the surface."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17