Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14632 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 7: Warpath
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2017, 05:44:45 pm »

Mh hmn. In that case, it sounds fair enough.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2017, 10:15:24 am »

-snip- wrong thread.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2017, 11:17:40 am »

Assuming that she ((PHALANALIN IS FEMALE)) has Kol's attention, Phalanalin speaks in the general direction of his subterranean lair.

"If it makes you feel any better, Kol, once this is over I intend to leave the Acterians alone for the next few centuries. I cannot speak for the other gods, of course."
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2017, 11:48:19 am »

Spoiler:  War of Wrath Gambit (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2017, 11:55:01 am »

"Well. I suppose no one else is willing to agree to what amounts to reasonable regulations. A poor show indeed. Any readers of the Obelisk, do know that these gods have failed to comply with what amounts to common sense!"

With a harrumph, the Tutelospera left Mirdanrond  and took a stroll of the Blessed Isle. Apparently, the caverns were an amazing sight this time of year. There was this entity called Kol, which seemed to be quite the rage amongst fellow divines these days. It entered the being's throneroom with as little fanfare and pomp as possible, ensuring that no mortals were around to be traumatised.

"Kol, I presume? As you would expect, yet another god comes to you. I the Tutelspera, Consort of Ralkiesis and Second of the House of Truth, come before you. I would hope you have time to speak? This is a most pressing time, I understand, but I do believe you might be interested in what I have to say."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:01:48 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2017, 12:42:53 pm »

With eyes weary of existence the Lifeslayer looked upon what was in front of him.

Another god, another deal, more meddling. Speak, so i can prepare for the end to come. Do not worry about your presence either, i have grown immune to it and my kin are safely hidden away from your kin.

-Within Phalanalins Mind- (or something similiar)

Trickster God, after this, there won't be anything left to be left alone i suspect. You have no idea what powers a War of Gods unleash.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 12:45:01 pm by Ghazkull »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2017, 01:02:02 pm »

"I will get to the point: I am offering to transport as many of your people to the caverns or any other point on the surface of the world. I am sure you know by now that this Isle your people have called home is but a speck of the whole. Furthermore, I promise to protect against any genocide or mental tampering with your people caused by the other gods. That is, if you are unable to protect them against what is to come. What I gain from this is simple: another variable to affect the development of the mortal species. At most, I would like it if you Acterians change your name to something more...suited to your current status and perhaps a small token of respect so I am not lumped in with the more...idealistic gods."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 01:05:15 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2017, 01:24:31 pm »

You come too late Tuelspera, my people are already prepared for what is to come, your help is not required anymore.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »

"Ah, that is most good then. I wish you luck in the battle ahead."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2017, 03:17:51 pm »

Quietly Varalin makes a small copy of herself. A shell for her to inhabit a extra. It flys down varalins mind controlling it and enters kols domain and heads to meet him.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2017, 03:41:55 pm »

The Acterian stirs in his granite seat.

Why, one man rises up against the Gods and suddenly he seems the most popular being in Reality. What do you want Mother Darkness?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2017, 04:45:03 pm »

Varalin seem's to....stop at hearing Kol's voice. It felt different looking at him now. looking at her child and hearing his voice. A frown noticeably washed over her face emotion flooding them. Regret. Regret was clear on their face and anger...anger, regret and growing sorrow. Varalin stood there for a few moment's seemingly fumbling to speak.

Before she managed it trying to keep her words calm trying to keep them contained and understandable. Their voice came out choked lightly choked their eyes shimmering with thoughts clearly. Varalin was someone who was an open book with motives clear and unhidden and the intensity of those emotions came through.

A weak smile graced their lips. Their heart wasn't in it.

"Kol...I know you hate me. I know I probably can't fix anything I have done. No...m-matter how well intentioned my actions are when I do them. I truly want what is best for the Acterian's and for you. I do not want you to have to do this fight kol.....to fight this battle."

Varalin's brow creases their purple hair fluttering lightly a reddish...blue aura around them anger and sadness. Frustration primal and raw.

"Kol. I want to help you. But I don't know if I can. I don't care about any of the gods much beside's Acter I will be honest. I care much more about you and the acterian's than any of them and I feel powerless to stop any of the impending fights. Kol. Is there a way we can end this? Without anyone dying? Without anyone being imprisoned? "

Varalin's gaze was intense. But they were asking them for themselves. They were asking because they wanted to know if they could save Kol. They didn't want Kol to get hurt they never did. They saw kol as a son to them like how she saw the rest of the acterian's she harbored love for Kol in her heart and Varalin was waiting for this answer with baited breath.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2017, 05:03:19 pm »

Lanky unwashed hair was hanging into his face as he leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees as he looked at the Goddess before him. He had never understood the concept of Mother Darkness when he had been still mortal, her actions had seemed so erratic; thoughtless, like a childs. As he looked at her now, with centuries of wear and toil making his eyelids heavy, as he looked upon one of those who had tormented his kind and now appeared seeking an end to strife, a bitter, bitter smile creased his face.

There will be nothing you can do Mother Darkness. There is no hope, no light, no divine providence able to prevent what is to come. I have asked of you and them one thing: leave my people be. Apparently, that is too much to ask. I will fight them here because i must, not because i want. I will drive them away, imprison them or kill them. Whatever is necessary to make them stop with every power i have available, everything i have at my disposal. Me and my people will live free of them or die at their hands. You can join me, you can join them or you can leave. I fear there is not much else unless you convince them to stand down.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2017, 05:25:39 pm »

Varalin heard them. They heard them quietly. Their smile was bitter as well their face falling just a bit.But they let a laugh slip from their lip's soft and cracked with emotion. There was something in their eye's...perhaps a bit of envy. Varalin wondered how Kol could act the way he did. She envied him being able to act composed here having control of his emotions not feeling as wrecked as she did right now.

"....It's Varalin. Goddess of passion. I wish I could appear as calm as you do right now...Kol. That I had control over my own emotion's and they weren't such a wreck whenever someone thing bad happened. That I wouldn't be thrown about emotionally left and right from simple actions. Where I wouldn't break down crying when something bad happens.
 I wish I could be a lot more numb...like you clearly are...I want. I won't fight you. I will try to speak with acter....Do you have anything you want to say to ask? "

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2017, 05:53:43 pm »

He looked at her, at her statement. And he laughed, and laughed, and laughed. It was not joy, it was the laughter of the desperate the laughter of the mad. It was the laughter of one buckling under the weight of a million souls. And then he opened his mind to her. a glimpse. A tiny glimpse of what was truly going on inside of him.

An ocean of Anguish, the pain and suffering of a entire race, contained in a single mortal soul, magnified ten thousandfold by his divine nature. Unfathomably deep and endless. All of it, smothered by a a glacier of weariness.

His mind closed.

Kol Shrugged.

I am neither numb nor composed, just endlessly tired. Leave now Goddess of Passion and do not return. There is nothing for you here but regrets, Mother.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17