Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)  (Read 6990 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (6-7)/10)
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2017, 10:09:07 am »

Ok, so I wasn't entirely certain on where exactly you (Tiruin) wanted your country. Was that about right? Or by inlet, did you mean that area to the west of the League?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 01:10:03 pm »

-Rendered Moot-
Reason: Poster was not paying attention
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 01:50:58 pm »

Once TCM finishes their sheet (and I send them their PM) everyone should be up to snuff. I'm sorry I haven't gotten us to Summer 351 yet, I keep getting new submissions which makes me put the update on hold. I think that's going to be about it as far as countries go, any more and I'll have to start cutting down on quality in order to update at reasonable times. And I'm running out of giant monsters to plague you guys with...

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 01:52:22 pm »

PTW, i don't think i am gonna join but surely i will read everything as this looks cool (This forum is the thing that keeps me creative :v)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2017, 01:59:56 pm »

Well, we are at 10 nations now, so closing it off to further applicants wouldn't be unreasonable.

Also omada, a lot of stuff is restricted to PMs, so unfortunately you'll only have what is publicly available...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2017, 02:01:37 pm »

Also, we need to have a discussion about iron. Several nations own mines, and thus have iron, while other nations do not own mines. But soldiers and other armored units should probably require iron to be constructed. So do you all think we should have iron be an actual resource which is used to construct some heavier units, or do you think we should have it just be another trade good (as it is now)?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2017, 02:05:10 pm »

You might work with iron like this:

You must have ACCESS TO iron to produce heavy armor, soldiers, armed ships, whatever. (Or copper and tin...bronze is as effective as iron, just heavier). This access can be in the form of an iron mine, or it might be gained via trade routes. So, if you produce an iron-requiring unit without owning an iron mine, the gold cost is increased, and part of that gold cost goes to your trade partner(s) from whom you acquired iron.

Same with other goods, in fact.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2017, 02:08:01 pm »

You might work with iron like this:

You must have ACCESS TO iron to produce heavy armor, soldiers, armed ships, whatever. (Or copper and tin...bronze is as effective as iron, just heavier). This access can be in the form of an iron mine, or it might be gained via trade routes. So, if you produce an iron-requiring unit without owning an iron mine, the gold cost is increased, and part of that gold cost goes to your trade partner(s) from whom you acquired iron.

Same with other goods, in fact.

But here inlays the rub, ships would have to be sent to either buy iron at the source, or sent from the source to were it is needed. While I'm fine with that, it may require a bit of strategizing on the behalf of the players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »

Honestly, I would go for ships as like a redeployable building, that becomes a "Trade Route" when used. Spend one ship, get one trade route, exchanging X for X over time. Or just designate as a "Profiteering" route, where money is earned through various trades and the captains just pay the lord(s) on either end of the trade taxes.

Less micromanage-y. Also, ships should not really take six months to go from one island to another, and back again. Not even if the area is the size of all of Europe.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2017, 02:17:23 pm »

Only issue with copper and tin is that even combined they're rarer than iron... (Well, IRL, this isn't Earth so the world could have a different composition of the crust for all we know.)

That's one of the main reasons why the world progressed from the bronze age to the iron age, in spite of early iron being worse when compared to bronze at the time.

You could go the Japan route for iron, by which I mean nations that don't have mines still have iron, it's just that their ore is of absolute garbage tier quality and needs great effort to get something of decent quality out of (This is why katana's were folded one-thousand times, and why European smiths didn't need to do the same to make quality arms and armor...), and manifest this as either paying a premium for iron based units, or accept a hit to quality.

But yeah, definitely allow trade of it, I say.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2017, 02:31:57 pm »

I'd rename the Iron resource 'High Quality Iron'. A bonus and/or discount to troops equipped with it, but it shouldn't be an absolute requirement to raise any sort of armed forces.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:35:29 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2017, 02:34:00 pm »

That might be a good position for a blacksmith setup.

In fact, somebody already DID that, made a workshop and produces high-quality weaponry.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2017, 02:38:45 pm »

That'd be me, probably. Adjilia is largely founded around improving quality and decreasing costs.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2017, 02:50:08 pm »

Doesn't necessarily say anything about the ore itself, just the smelting and manufacturing is already there.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2017, 03:07:31 pm »

Finally complete. Skol!

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11