Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)  (Read 6971 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2017, 03:58:43 pm »

Still waiting on Sindar, Ligoria, Phillia, Skkoland, Isteria, and Bronnabreen. (If I spelled those wrong its because I made the text on the map ornate almost to the point of unreadable).

If you are one of those nations and you sent me PM'd actions, please resend them. I have a literal mountain of PMs and while I tried looking through them, its very possible I've missed something somewhere.

If you're one of those nations and you haven't sent PMs, please post in the IC or write up some actions in a PM.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:06:34 pm by Roboson »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2017, 04:07:10 pm »

That'd be me, probably. Adjilia is largely founded around improving quality and decreasing costs.

It could also be me, what with Grauerstein having a merit based society emphasizing skill and contributing to the community, plentiful mineral resources, as well as having a Master Metalsmith as my starting unit. And yes, forging High-Quality Equipment is a valid action for him, I might sell some to you lot later, might not, (depending on how things go) but for now I have troops to arm against the local Giant Rage Monsters.
(PS, don't try a land based trade route with me. It probably won't go well. Naval based ones are fine though)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »

Another issue I'd like to place before the players: Special Events.

Special events are cool and unique problems I'm going to throw at you basically every season or two, but keeping track of them via PM (in addition to all the other PMs) has gotten a bit confusing on my end. The messaging system for Bay12 really isn't set up for something like this. Would you all be opposed to them being put onto the IC thread? If so, would you want them in spoilers? I've been thinking that (this year especially) the kind of unique events are going to sort of be the talk of the town nation. So keeping them under-wraps would basically be impossible. However, your responses to them will still be secret, that wont change.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2017, 04:20:49 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't mind special events being here in the thread and unspoilered. Just so long as they're clearly marked so we know what happens where.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2017, 04:33:20 pm »

Yeah, big, large scale stuff wouldn't be able to be kept a secret for very long, like Taricus said, go for it, just make sure that it's clear what is happening to whom.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »

Yeah it's fine having them here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2017, 04:59:25 pm »

IC thread is fine by me. I'm always baffled by the tendency for people to be super secretive about stuff for which it doesn't really matter if others know about it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2017, 06:40:36 pm »

Building Costs:

Harbors (Free in existing cities)
Small farm: 300 to build, 100 to maintain
Farm: 500 to build, 200 to maintain
Large farm: 700 to build, 300 to maintain
Small fishery: 300 to build, 100 to maintain
Fishery: 500 to build, 200 to maintain
Large fishery: 700 to build, 300 to maintain
Mine: 400 to build, 100 to maintain (provides iron, access to which is required for building heavy units, but not for maintaining them)
Gold Mine: 400 to build, provides 100 coin per turn. Must know of a gold deposit.
Workshop: 500(?) to build, provides 200 income (requires iron to function)
Mage Academy: 700 to build, 400 to maintain. Allows for the creation of mage units.
Vineyard: 200 to build, 100 to maintain. Allows for wine production, a valuable trade good. Must have proper climate.
Quarry: 400 to build, 100 to maintain. Provides marble, a trade good and above average building material. Must have marble in your country.

Units:
Militia: 100 to build, 100 to maintain.
Soldier (and variants): 300 to build, 200 to maintain.
Mercenary: 500 to build, 300 to maintain.
Slayers (and variants): 500 to build, 300 to maintain.
Slave units: -100 maintenance cost
Ships (and variants): 300 to build, 100 to maintain.
Scholar (and variants): 500 to build, 100 to maintain
Mages (and variants): 600 to build, 300 to maintain.

Ok, this is the official ruling on costs. I think I may have told people varying costs for things, but this is what it is. Special units may have slightly varying costs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2017, 06:48:00 pm »

Wait... I know Adjilia has workshops, but do we have mines? We should have at least one...
Actually, since the workshops are carved into the mountains, can we assume that each workshop starts with enough iron for its first two seasons in existence?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2017, 06:53:16 pm »

Yeah, since the iron rule was added (as mines and iron became more important to the game/economy), you do have enough for spring and summer. You however do not have any mines right now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2017, 06:55:24 pm »

Ok, so build one next turn.
Can you have a mine that produces both iron and gold, assuming that you're lucky enough for the veins to be close enough together? I assume that it'd basically just be "congrats, maintenance-free iron mine".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2017, 07:22:50 pm »

Looking at the building list, I think those focus on far too small a scale, at least in their names.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »

Ok, so build one next turn.
Can you have a mine that produces both iron and gold, assuming that you're lucky enough for the veins to be close enough together? I assume that it'd basically just be "congrats, maintenance-free iron mine".

Apparently it is a possible occurrence in real life, so I guess it could be possible. That's something that may come up as a special event in the future.

Looking at the building list, I think those focus on far too small a scale, at least in their names.

The way I have units set up is kind of gamey. So the way it works is that buildings and units are not singular, but act in cohesion. So a soldier unit isn't just one dude, but a group of soldiers. However, they only get one action. Same with ships, they are more than one ship (I think I told someone that each ship unit was actually 3 ships), but they have to act in concert. Buildings are in the same boat, a farm is more like a farming village as it can support 10,000 people. It just makes keeping track of things a bit easier if they're organized into units like this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2017, 07:29:58 pm »

10000 people isn't a village, that's an entire network of villages. More to the point, the units are at the very least done as plural, whereas the structures seem to be done as individual buildings.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2017, 07:36:08 pm »

I like the current system of unit collectivity, makes it more similar to games like Civilization. It trades a little semantic abstraction for streamlined bookkeeping.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11