Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Noble Houses of Falas (Full)  (Read 6977 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (5(?)/10)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:10 pm »

Also, I'd like to move onto summer of 351 in the next few hours or so. So if you're in and know what you want to do, post it in the IC. If you send me a PM, post something like "Sent PM" in the IC thread (as it makes figuring out who I'm waiting on easier).

Remember, ships take a turn to move to their location, and a turn to return. So if you want to send some resources or goods somewhere, keep that in mind. If there are any questions on anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2017, 07:34:51 pm »

I just found this and read it. Now I'm considering playing it.

I was going to take the island in the extreme Northeast, but looks like TCM is claiming part of it. Guess it's time to search the map again.

I'll take a dark green for a color. Darker than Isteria's.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 08:04:01 pm »

Sorry for the delay, writing my actions up now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2017, 08:21:53 pm »

I just found this and read it. Now I'm considering playing it.

I was going to take the island in the extreme Northeast, but looks like TCM is claiming part of it. Guess it's time to search the map again.

I'll take a dark green for a color. Darker than Isteria's.

To be clear, your capital is on that river directly west (and quite far) from where the map says Isteria? That one that flows east to west, then turns south to flow into the ocean?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 08:24:21 pm »

Yes. I was thinking it would be roughly at the top of that little fork that heads north, but it really doesn't matter, I think, at the scales we're working at.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 08:35:55 pm »

Ok, you're in. Will send PM shortly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Noble Houses of Falas (6-7)/10)
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 09:35:37 pm »

I'm particularly lost and partially off-put by the lack of mechanics underlying all this :/ moreso only because freeform makes me worry about...anything that'll be going on in the first place. Maybe it's the lack of baseline that inspires confidence to start with.

But it's also that I don't want these things dying :\ and I've been mostly in places where these die when mechanics aren't streamlined due to complexity. That, and it doesn't seem fleshed out in reading the OP ;~; I WOULD LOVE to detail as much as I can, but I only get a vague description to how much I can. I'd love to describe both location, terrain, and otherwise of a country, but I'm unsure how much YOU would like to work with. >_<

-snip- sheet is done in posts later on.
Draft until further info is had x.x
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 02:39:49 am by Tiruin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »

Tir, take another piece of the Southwest island, we can collectively be the Sindari Republic (because I am hereby naming the island Adjilia is on Sind).
EDIT: Never mind, then.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 09:52:15 pm »

Tir, take another piece of the Southwest island, we can collectively be the Sindari Republic (because I am hereby naming the island Adjilia is on Sind).
I'm of the belief that the world IS round :3 and yeah, government is planned to be a republic in a way, but with culture offsetting any corruption hopefully.

Also oops .-. sorry for that. Any ideas are okay though!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 09:54:34 pm »

Pretty sure the area on the map is about the size of Europe, if I recall correctly...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 09:56:23 pm »

Total landmass is about the size of the UK, not all of EUROPE!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 09:57:27 pm »

Ah, yes. Even smaller.
It doesn't wrap, Tir.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 09:57:58 pm »

I'm particularly lost and partially off-put by the lack of mechanics underlying all this :/ moreso only because freeform makes me worry about...anything that'll be going on in the first place. Maybe it's the lack of baseline that inspires confidence to start with.

But it's also that I don't want these things dying :\ and I've been mostly in places where these die when mechanics aren't streamlined due to complexity. That, and it doesn't seem fleshed out in reading the OP ;~; I WOULD LOVE to detail as much as I can, but I only get a vague description to how much I can. I'd love to describe both location, terrain, and otherwise of a country, but I'm unsure how much YOU would like to work with. >_<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of the mechanics are hard to see until you get your first PM. Most people have already got theirs and so they know what their starting stuff and situation is. Once you get that, the underlying game mechanics (which are incredibly simple, as I hate bookkeeping) become a bit more clear. I was thinking of posting a master list of buildings and units, but almost every country has at least one unique unit or building. So, don't worry about mechanics, as my philosophy for this game is to keep it simple on my end and allow infinite complexity on your end.

As for the level of detail in your country, put as much as you like. Most submissions have had an adequate amount, and if there wasn't enough, I sort of filled in the gaps. You are free to describe it with as much detail as you like and I will try to work in as much of that detail as I can into the turn updates. So, in conclusion, go ham and don't worry about it.

Pretty sure the area on the map is about the size of Europe, if I recall correctly...

It was, then I changed it to UK sized (when I had two players), but now that were getting more, it's starting to feel like UK size may be too small.

I'm of the belief that the world IS round :3 and yeah, government is planned to be a republic in a way, but with culture offsetting any corruption hopefully.

Also oops .-. sorry for that. Any ideas are okay though!

While the world is round, there is a large ocean between the eastern island and western island (about the same distance as going through the mainland). Imagine if this map was a globe, we'd be looking at the front, and the entire back would be water (at least mostly).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:53 pm »

While the world is round, there is a large ocean between the eastern island and western island (about the same distance as going through the mainland). Imagine if this map was a globe, we'd be looking at the front, and the entire back would be water.
Joy @_@

Either place me in the first area designated--or on the Southwest of the bottom-middle continent.

...We aren't fighting houses right? :v Because I'm designing mine on a Europeanized context of my locality :P

I was thinking of posting a master list of buildings and units, but almost every country has at least one unique unit or building. So, don't worry about mechanics, as my philosophy for this game is to keep it simple on my end and allow infinite complexity on your end.
Anxiety cleared \o/ as long as you're able to run this smoothly with lesser stress on your part, then it's fine :3

...Also on a wholly unrelated aside, Ghaz boop'd me with your nation in his game .-. is it okay with you that I'm running Jautonlund?

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2017, 10:03:19 pm »

Heres my sheet

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:16:25 pm by flazeo25 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11