Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Bifröst Café (IC) Chapter 1: An Eye for an Eye  (Read 8640 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Bifröst Café (IC) Prologue: Nothing Ever Happens on This Street
« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2017, 06:07:49 am »

Something about the situation made Melie's furs stand, but it was just a strange vibe. He just put down his notepad and watched the commotion, since Leena didn't seem like she'd need anyone to help her out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2017, 06:11:12 am »

"You have been asked both by your boss and by Leena to stop.  If you do not I will stop you myself"
"Try me~"
If Leena is at all intimidated, she's not showing it. She looks the staff member in the eyes.

"No. That's why we're here, negotiating. Forgiveness aside, there is enough good faith to build a café, would you argue?"
She sees his right eye glinting mirthfully back at her, yet the left one seems to be obscured by something in the shadow.

"The Styx was destroyed nearly a century after it was first constructed. You've been fluttering about for thirteen years before missus foxgirl over there," he points at Domina casually, "tore the place several new open-air windows, so to speak."

"And YET..." He steps back from Leena's table, hood a little jostled now, revealing a smug grin. "There hasn't even been enough change to delegitimize a terrorist group forming and becoming powerful enough to hire the LITERAL fucking PRINCESS of the Kitsune!" He chuckles, a sound like the squeaking of well-polished marble. "And when the thing DOES blow to bits, it takes the Uriah eighteen years to rebuild a damned COFFEESHOP!"

"And they don't even know jack shit about the Phosphor. Change ain't coming, misses and misters." The hooded figure doesn't stop grinning as Myrrh levels a silver revolver at him, the other staff stationed at the sides of the room doing the same.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2017, 06:16:50 am »

Tintaglia stands up.
"I do not make idle threats."
Cognizant of her surroundings, and worried that the other humans might turn on her Tintaglia remains in her bespelled form and attempts to lift the rude man by the throat.

((Unless Leena manages to talk him down, in which case disregard this post))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 06:39:06 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2017, 06:17:52 am »

"What the-" Melie stood up, out of reaction than anything. He turned to Myrrh, "Is this how your.... tight security works!?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2017, 07:04:53 am »

This situation causes Leena to go quiet and look aside, but only for a moment. She notices Tintaglia preparing to lunge, but shakes her head as she meets her gaze.

She turns back to the mysterious figure and stares him right in the eyes, never letting her gaze wander during the rant that would follow.

"You're wrong. I don't think you understand what you mean when you say 'change ain't coming'. It's already here. It's always been here. This has been the least bloody decade of all time, even if there still are fringe groups. People just don't die in pointless wars like they did a hundred years ago. Clearly, things have changed.

You blame Domina for the bombings, but you know what? I don't. Why? Because she's come to this negotiation table knowing that everyone knows what she's done. Clearly, things have changed.

And you overestimate the terrorists when you call them powerful for being able to hire a princess. From what I've heard, she threw every formality of the title into the wind when she joined the riots, not even as a part of the Phosphor. And yet, I don't see a bomb in her hands at the moment. Clearly, things have changed.

As for the Uriah clan taking almost two decades to build a coffee shop, you must understand that this isn't a place for selling coffee. This is a massive political project with enough bureaucracy to fill several archives. The Uriah clan would do that rather than go on a genocide, spending massive amounts of clout and money. Clearly, things have changed.

And as for you...you are the one standing still while many, many guns are pointed at you, believing that getting shot would prove your points. But no. You think you're looking at a bunch of evil monsters and useless humans who can't get things done, but you're wrong. You're looking at the people who are working together for a better future. Clearly. Things. Have. Changed.
"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2017, 07:19:25 am »

Felix remains utterly calm, sitting in his chair with legs crossed, facing this interloper with a happy expression on his face.

"Fuck you," he declares cheerily.
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2017, 08:15:52 am »

"Everyone is to keep themselves calm. Do not attempt to engage the member of staff. Do not attempt to talk him down. This situation is under control." Despite his words, it's clear Myrrh is nervous, droplets of sweat dancing down his temple. "State your name and allegiance at once or we will not hesitate to subdue you through thaumaturgic means."

The man makes a yawning motion. "Oh, I'll tell you my name, but go ahead and shoot me. Feel free to throw whatever form of magic hoopla you have cooked up. I'll be my life I can dodge it~. Oh, but none of you are actually gonna do anything, are you?" He turns halfway towards Felix, "you're too busy being all suave to get your hands dirty," then to Melie, "you're the actual softest berserker in existence," then finally to Leena, "and you're a bird that sat there cawing about how right you are while the Styx got blown up in front of you."

There's a brief silence, before Myrrh speaks up again. "Fire at will." A sound of revolvers being cocked follows, as the hooded man simply laughs. "Doublecrosser," he says, but before anyone can divine any meaning from his words the hooded person is suddenly riddled with holes, falling down into a discarded pile of cloth.

Myrrh coughs into his hand, staring at the heap on the floor. "... Wait. The bullets weren't supposed to do that. They were only meant to subdue. They were enchanted to be... nonlethal."

The human, as well as the gun-wielding staff, all stare at eachother confusedly.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2017, 08:21:28 am »

Leena breathes heavily once the situation is seems to be over.

"May I make a suggestion? No more masks. It'll be much easier to trust each other that way."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:27:56 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2017, 08:22:25 am »

Felix opens his mouth to reply, but then Myrrh gives his order to "Fire at will.", and he watches with interest.

The man hops out of his chair and approaches the bundles of cloth, giving it an experimental kick - was it a corpse, or just clothing?
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2017, 08:28:16 am »

>You fucked up.

Review the security footage!  And Dex's camera's footage!  Because he was definitely here the entire time!

>And yes - no more masks.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:31:24 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2017, 08:59:04 am »

Felix opens his mouth to reply, but then Myrrh gives his order to "Fire at will.", and he watches with interest.

The man hops out of his chair and approaches the bundles of cloth, giving it an experimental kick - was it a corpse, or just clothing?
Just clothing.
Leena breathes heavily once the situation is seems to be over.

"May I make a suggestion? No more masks. It'll be much easier to trust each other that way."
Myrrh opens his mouth as if to say something, but is suddenly interrupted.

"Oh, miss Leena. You should already know by now how much the Uriah love to hide their faces." A translucent figure appears from out of the ground, features yet floating in a pose that suggests disrespectful relaxation.

"It's a poltergeist! Subdue!" The staff and Myrrh are quick to fire at the ghostly being, who seems content with sitting there looking smug.
>You fucked up.

Review the security footage!  And Dex's camera's footage!  Because he was definitely here the entire time!

>And yes - no more masks.
It seems like the figure disappeared into the ground just before the bullets hit him. Dex would also noticed a slight glow in it's left hand before it dematerialized. He, and most likely the rest of the cafe's patrons, would remember that going intangible is an ability usually only reserved for spirits.
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2017, 09:03:25 am »

"Hm. Strange-- oh, are we shooting again?" Felix whirls around to watch the new spectacle unfold.

"Great, great! Just don't hit me, this suit is new."
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:36 am »

"Wait, no-!" Melie wasn't dumb enough to try to dive and save the idiot from the crossfire, but he didn't expect the Uriah to be so callous about executing one of their own. Then Myrrh spoke, and it was slightly better. Or it would have been, if the person wasn't still on the ground.

"Felix! Be careful-!" Melie yelled out, but it was a pile of clothing, then the monster.... he wasn't sure what it was, but it sure as heck didn't look like a poltergeist, either.

"It's immune to physical attacks, you dumbasses..." the berserker was regretting not bringing any runic weapons with him, although he didn't expect to have to shank anyone. He tries to craft a magical dart to fling at the person, hopefully to stun him.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2017, 09:08:20 am »

"Isn't it funny how the only demonkid the Uriah trust to represent is the one who just sits around staring like an idiot and thinking about his suit?"

Myrrh groans. "These attacks weren't supposed to BE physical!" He continues firing regardless. The "poltergeist" merely begins flipping a coin over and over as Melie's dart passes through him like the bullets.
carrot cakeu

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2017, 09:09:44 am »

"Well it clearly was just physical because it's not..." Melie watches as his attack passes through.

"Seriously!?!"

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15