Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl  (Read 14696 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance: make your own Cleganebowl
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2018, 02:03:39 pm »

Alright so after a few more hours of gameplay I've found my least favorite glitches/bugs.

(Playing on Xbox One version)
1- During cutscenes the texture of some other of a person's clothes will kinda explode or stretch and cover most of the screen for the whole cutscenes. Has happened three times and is very annoying.

2- Textures not loading/ loading incorrectly (?)/ not layering correctly (don't know the technical terms. So two examples of this are: A wagon that was on the side of the road all the wood on it only loaded as this bright pink/purple color and didn't load its regular texture even after spending a few minutes walking around it to figure out if it was not loading or what, and the second is clothes on the NPCs loading weird/glitching (?) so they shift below the skin texture and it's just weird.

3- Trying to travel off road on the horse and getting stuck in a creek. This wouldn't be a problem if you could jump the narrow creeks but over multiple attempts I get stuck in them every time and have to follow them to a washout to get my horse out. Not the biggest problem just annoying.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2018, 08:12:44 pm »

I can't comment on the first two issues...but the horse thing is because horse jumping is different than player jumping.

I have found that the horse has a delay when you jump...the best thing I have found is to jump about 1 second (depending on the speed of the horse) before you intend to actually jump. This will give the horse time to actually perform the jump as the animation has a wind up before the horse actually jumps. It's a realistic delay so nothing wrong with the game...but jumping over things like small streams is much easier when you figure out the proper timing for the horse jump.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2018, 08:31:05 am »

Honestly my stealth-kill being bugged out somehow (just doesn't work anymore, it worked once, then never again) might have saved me from being hated in all villages.

I greatly enjoy the game and have recommended it to my friends - when it goes on sale (-15/20% or so) and some time for patches has passed. I respect how hard they spit in the game of casual gamers and it very muich feels like a much better Skyrim.

Has anyone managed to poison anything with food? Shoting a poison arrow in someones face works just fine, but pick-pocketing all the food from a guard and then droping the same thing infront of him (he picks it up) and following him led to no results. Poison in pots also does not seem to do anything, nor does a dog die from poison salami. Its a real shame.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2018, 08:34:33 am »

I've successfully sleep and paralysis poisoned pots of food before, as well as the wine at bandit camps (that's kinda a scripted thing though)  But it feels like enemies have a lot more than 100 health most of the time, so the regular poison doesn't even do half their hp if you poison their food and bane poison maybe halves them?
Nom nom nom

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:48 am »

Did you put 1 or more of the poison in the pot? Did you eat from it before? How long did it take to affect them? Is there a animation with it?

I saw the receipt for bane poison, sitting at 1k+ while the poison itself is dirt cheap, so I'm just lazy and buy it from my fav. forest hag.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 08:39:45 am »

i also like how persuades are modified by your choices before you attempt them.

one time i attempted the subtle approach. the persuade chances were much lower
then i was honest. persuade chances were quite high.

and also, if you have multiple speech checks, you gotta choose the right one. and the correct one is based on the thing above and also the surrounding situation. you gotta get a read on your target. refreshing change from "hey, do this cuz i have 10 charisma" "ok".
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:55 am »

how is the blacksmithing minigame? i was thinking about lots of games having more skill-based minigames for things like crafting so i'm interested in how it turned out.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2018, 10:28:06 am »

how is the blacksmithing minigame? i was thinking about lots of games having more skill-based minigames for things like crafting so i'm interested in how it turned out.

im not sure there is a blacksmithing minigame where you actually make something; there's maintenance where you can improve gear and repair it but that's it.

so. i found a random cuman camp in a forest manned by 5 dudes. after attempting 3 times to raid it, all ending in failure, i decided to wait until night. i then snuck up on the camp and killed a sleeping dude. his friend came to check on him, and i also slashed him up before he drew his blade. the other 2 who were awake came and i killed one as he was drawing his bow and quickly dueled the other one. i got a solid combo off and he fell. the last dude was asleep in the large tent, he didn't get a chance to stand. i left with 5 full sets of cuman gear, weapons, and a tangible sense of badassery.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2018, 10:35:27 am »

Did you put 1 or more of the poison in the pot? Did you eat from it before? How long did it take to affect them? Is there a animation with it?

I saw the receipt for bane poison, sitting at 1k+ while the poison itself is dirt cheap, so I'm just lazy and buy it from my fav. forest hag.
One poison, didn't eat from it, they came up and scooped food out, sat down, ate it and then were paralyzed.  It happened in the evening probably when they were scheduled to have dinner anyways so that most likely affected it.  Just cause it's poisoned doesn't magically make then super hungry and want to eat unlike some games.
Nom nom nom

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2018, 11:16:44 am »

So this is basically just a Skyrim-like game, but without the fantasy?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2018, 11:22:47 am »

No, not at all. It's open-world, but it has far, far less combat then most open-world stuff. It's more like something like Planescape.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2018, 01:07:04 pm »

I'm really thinking about getting this, but the $60 price tag and the fact that open-world games tend to have hilariously broken bugs makes me hesitate a bit.

How's it look like on that front?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2018, 01:26:57 pm »

I'm really thinking about getting this, but the $60 price tag and the fact that open-world games tend to have hilariously broken bugs makes me hesitate a bit.

How's it look like on that front?

if you weren't hyping it like me, id suggest waiting for a couple patches and a sale. it's playable and fun but you might run into a gamebreaking bug or the lag might annoy you. if you can snag it for 20% off, go for it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2018, 04:05:22 pm »

No, not at all. It's open-world, but it has far, far less combat then most open-world stuff. It's more like something like Planescape.
I don't know what your definition of open world is.  Skyrim is open world in my book.

So heavier on RP?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50:54 pm »

I don't know what your definition of open world is.  Skyrim is open world in my book.

So heavier on RP?

Yes, and by open-world I mean you can wander around without having to do the main story completely. It's more like the Witcher 3 in terms of structure really; Planescape wasn't a great example.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8