Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 268720 times)

catnapcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1455 on: June 24, 2021, 12:29:10 am »

I was wondering whether it was possible to mod in an ability that's basically the propel mechanic, but aimed upwards, so that those targeted get a quick jolt into the sky.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1456 on: June 24, 2021, 07:13:51 am »

I was wondering whether it was possible to mod in an ability that's basically the propel mechanic, but aimed upwards, so that those targeted get a quick jolt into the sky.
The IE_PROPEL_FORCE token unfortunately does not take a direction.
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token#IE_PROPEL_FORCE

Griffins/dragons would lift victims into the sky if we could.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 24, 2021, 08:36:24 pm »

Primal's tiles are at 90% complete, I should be able to release the set in a couple days. Really looking forward to that, this project's taken a while.

*Just a quick edit to announce that the tiles are done!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:01:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 01, 2021, 06:15:24 am »

I have a strange antipathy towards horses, but I do like when my dwarves hunt them relentlessly. That's why I made some extra ones for my Miscmod!.

-Assicorn - a wild ass with a spiral horn on its head. Unlike unicorns it lives in tropical grasslands and savannas, and also deserts of all kind. Other than being smaller, there is very little difference between the two unicorn species.

-Bicorn - two-horned equine predator that targets mostly good men (only fluff, can't really implement). Essentially evil predatory unicorns that make for terrifying mounts for goblins.

-Dragon horse - a loong type dragon that can be mistaken for a horse from distance. Like all loongs it has antlers and whiskers, but unlike most it has long legs that allow it to run at incredible speed. It also swims faster than any humanoid, and is able to breathe underwater. It's a predator, but not a very aggressive one. It's a main mount for the upcoming Wukong race.

I'm also going to make some changes to Kagusagi - shisa should be renamed to lunar shisa or something like that;
there should be a yatagarasu style bird;
I could also make the seven-branched sword shichishito, though I have no idea what kind of stats it should have;
Kagusagi themselves' hair should not be blue so often, black and white should be the most common.

I've got another mini-pack in mind - paradise animals, a collection of good and "good" creatures. It's still in the early planning phase.

Of course there's also the Wukong, but there's still a long way before I get to that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 01, 2021, 06:24:30 pm »

I had an idea to tone down the animal men in the wilderness by combining them all into a handful of multi caste creatures (because I'm good at that) and making them some civilizations. Their space in savage region pops can be filled instead with deadly mutant creatures.

I also still wanted to do magic creature variations and plant creatures variations for spellcrafts, but haven't gotten that far yet.

The last week has been so hot and miserable (over 100F every day since saturday) that I have been unable to concentrate long enough to get anything done. Inside the house is actually worse, since we live in a metal structure with no air conditioning.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 02, 2021, 03:14:13 am »

Shichishito is halfway in size between katana and zanbato. It's got good penetration value but its speed is unremarkable. It has two dtab attacks - main branch stab is similar to long sword stab, just a bit less deep, while side branch stab is deep, but with low contact area.

Yatagarasu was my first foray into custom bodies; as it turns out I could find a use for it before making the eventual mythical creatures mod. The moon crow is a glowing, white-feathered, three-legged crow. Mostly a flavor pet, just like vanilla rabbits and guinea pigs. It's immortal and borderline divine.

The shisa is now silver shisa. It can still smite evil, but now doesn't appear in the wild, being a selectively bred breed of the real deal. It's silver instead of red.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 02, 2021, 07:56:30 am »

So, seems like my deity curses are (again) not working as intended. I have some curses that change the target into one of several animals with a no_aging tag added. In the first try I made separate versions of the animals so I could give them the night creature hunter token, which caused them to flee from civilization as intended during worldgen. In game it didn't work so well with them coming to player sites like werebeasts ("The pig cursed one Urist McProfaner has arrived! A medium-sized domestic animal.  It has a distinctive snout and corkscrew tail.  It is thought by some to be intelligent."). So, I ditched that idea and tried without the night creature token.

Well, now it seems the cursed ones turn into animals and continue to live their lives as normal, like this one dwarf king who was cursed to be a seagull for the rest of eternity. The seagull's been sitting on the throne for a couple hundred years now, arousing suspicion not for being a seagull, but for appearing not to age, and so the seagull king has been laying oppressive edicts on his subjects.

Not sure whether I love this and should keep it this way, or should I figure out another way to do the curses with less hilarity.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 02, 2021, 06:18:49 pm »

I have a nearly identical curse for Spellcrafts, and I've just been allowing them to remain civilized. Being turned into a squirrel should be enough of a punishment, right?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 03, 2021, 05:07:24 am »

I have a nearly identical curse for Spellcrafts, and I've just been allowing them to remain civilized.

Huh, now that I think of it, I probably used some stuff from Spellcrafts as a guide/reference after getting the curse idea and being unsure of how to do it.

I think I'll leave the curse as it is for now, though I might make it so that the cursed creature reverts to their old form for a couple of days during a moon cycle (a bit like in Ladyhawke).

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 10, 2021, 02:05:49 pm »

I have a nearly identical curse for Spellcrafts, and I've just been allowing them to remain civilized.

Huh, now that I think of it, I probably used some stuff from Spellcrafts as a guide/reference after getting the curse idea and being unsure of how to do it.

I think I'll leave the curse as it is for now, though I might make it so that the cursed creature reverts to their old form for a couple of days during a moon cycle (a bit like in Ladyhawke).

So, kind of like a reverse werebeast?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 10, 2021, 02:39:01 pm »

So, kind of like a reverse werebeast?

Yeah, pretty much with the periodic trigger being something like this: [CE:PERIODIC:MOON_PHASE:1:26]

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 13, 2021, 01:30:40 pm »

I've made some more guars:

-Gloomspore guar - a fungus shaped into the shape of a guar. Like true guars, it's not completely docile, yet not completely hostile either, though it should be tougher to kill due to the lack of blood or vital organs.

-Wild hunt guar - a floral guar that blends the natures of plants and animals. It is a ruthless protector of forests, only trusting Bosmer who respect the Green Pact.

-Kagouti fabricant - an artificial union of flesh and machine created by Sotha Sil to guard his realm of Clockwork City. It has brass legs and a brass-plated head. Shows up rarely in savage areas.

What's left for guars? The guar vamidium and atronachs, I believe.
I got bored of making creatures though, and I started working on Elder Scrolls plants. Only now I'm actually learning about modding plants, and so far it's been fun. There are lots of liberties to be taken, holes to be filled, lore to be made up. For example, what do we know about the Azra root from Shadowkey? What is sujamma made from? How is babby formed? This is one of the reasons I took on this project, answering those questions.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 21, 2021, 12:27:22 pm »

I've recently made it so that most vanilla creatures in my game have their own vocalizations now. Hoping it will add more flavour to my adv mode games now that dragons roar, hydras hiss, rocs screech, ogres howl, kobolds chitter and bark, jabberers...uh...jabber, etc.

Also just made some other random tweaks that I felt like, some of which are more substantial than others. Edited certain description text to be more interesting, dragons are intelligent fliers that come in more colours than just green, ogres and ettins have tusks, cyclopes have a horn, kobolds have tails, you get the idea.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:54:21 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 24, 2021, 04:26:43 am »

Stuff for Miscstuff!:

-I've figured out how to translate Buddha's begging bowl to DF! The beggar's bowl is a grey underground mushroom with s bowl-shaped cap. It's a basically a rarer, more valuable plump helmet. Can be brewed into beggar's firewater.
-Bunny-ears spinach - a green leafy plant with split leaves resembling a rabbit's ears. The plant is processed into bags like quarry bushes, because vanilla spinach is frustrating with how it works.
-Aquila - a large bird of prey resembling a cross between a harpy eagle and a peacock. Native to good forested areas.

Elder Scrolls mod:

-Fire atronach guar - a dangerous fire-elemental daedra forced into the shape of a guar. It is composed of flames with an outer layer of volcanic rock. It can spit fireballs and swim in magma. They can be encountered extremely rarely in magma.

The guar vamidium will force me to make the first custom metal - the numis, a stand-in for dwemer metal. It should be heavy and durable, but bad at holding edge Dwemer should be able to make it in some way; I considered an alloy of ebon and copper, but maybe that's too simple.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1469 on: July 24, 2021, 03:02:56 pm »

I accidently re-uploaded an old version of my DF Diagnosipack utility instead of the new one... well it’s fixed now but I felt really silly upon finding it out.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 121