Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267523 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1050 on: October 23, 2019, 09:22:47 pm »

would you mind telling me how exactly you did this? I'm not exactly used to how temperatures work in DF and would like to know for...

reasons.

Okay, look at Nether cap. Its fixed temperature is 10000, just above freezing. Add even a few hundred, and its dangerously hot. I turned mine up to... 15000. But set it to not get damaged by heat. Its stable in log form, but I guess it explodes when crafted with

Why are you not satisfied with a mushroom that lets you make barrels that keep beer COLD, FOREVER!?

I was hoping to make Dwarven Microwave Wood. Lorewise, its also to be the source of cavern life in mine. the equivalent of a Black Smoker from ocean trenches.
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 29, 2019, 10:29:36 am »

Eléde Alithithethe likes corpses and dwarf skin.  When possible, she prefers to consume dwarf blood.  She absolutely detests dwarves. 
I've been slowly burning through all my old dfhack modtools to get them up to standard + making some new ones. I've just finished with this preference editor, as well as finished making scripts for editing beliefs, personalities, and needs. That just leaves a simple orientation script, something to help with appearance editing, and then finally adding all those to gm-unit before I submit them to the dfhack repo... It's taking a while Q.Q

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 29, 2019, 07:04:32 pm »

I've hit writers block until just now. Though even this idea isnt the easiest to do. What im thinking is to give a bit of an overhaul to glaciers and tundra next.

Y'see, while Glaciers and Tundra *are* difficult survival experiences, theyre still utterly boring. Even an evil, savage tundra tends to only have the issue of the occasional undead giant bear. Nothing seems to happen in one, and most creatures have incredibly low populations to compound upon that.

I think its rather lame when the most dangerous feature of your fortress is the difficulty of farming.

What kinda creatures do you all think would make good additions to make glaciers and tundras even the mildest bit interesting without ruining the plantless tone?

My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 29, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »

Why not use the mythology of real-world cultures that live in such regions? The Inuit seem like a good start.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1054 on: October 30, 2019, 07:04:56 am »

What kinda creatures do you all think would make good additions to make glaciers and tundras even the mildest bit interesting without ruining the plantless tone?
Reindeer, yak, yeti, sasquatch,
wandering goblin adventurer, wandering human adventurer,
undead spirit(not very dangerous in combat),
mammoth, moose, wolf, snow fox, giant rodent, dire wolf, giant weasel
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 30, 2019, 03:36:52 pm »

I used to have an ice wyrm creature, with deadly icy breath that was even more dangerous than dragon fire. It had some sound tokens, and being dropped out of fast travel only to see "you hear a shrill scream" was terrifying. Many adventurers died. It was glorious. Theres an old version of those raws here; http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=4612

Haven't updated that stuff in forever. Gonna need gaits information etc to work again, feel free to use it for whatever
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1056 on: October 30, 2019, 05:48:51 pm »

Could probably go with a bunch of frostbitten undead horrors for the evil arctic regions. After all only the dead could actually dwell in such a place.

Also yeah, I'll second the idea of using sounds. Its genuinely unsettling to be walking through a blizzard in arctic area and hearing all manners of weird shit on the wind. Same goes for honestly any other area, but the limited visibility adds to the atmosphere.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 30, 2019, 06:52:19 pm »

Back to this, so overhauling cooking reactions as part of streamlining.

While adding the usual tier of Medieval spices (REACTION_CLASS:SPICE) for an open reagent (NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE) entry, noticed that for whatever reason POWDER_MISC alone has issues. The open entry will take GLOB with the proper reaction class token.

Also playing around with starting kits via SKILL:SPEAR. A little nonsense monty haul can't hurt too much if it's mostly RP.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 30, 2019, 11:06:13 pm »

Just about ready to release the next update for my MH mod alongside the crossover/events addon tomorrow in time for Halloween, or maybe I'll release it tonight at exactly 12:00 pm depending on what I feel like doing.
Unfortunately this update won't have as many creatures as most of the other updates due to October being a ridiculously busy month for me. Hopefully some of the interesting creatures in the addon will make up for the lack of creatures in the main mods next update.

I'd probably recommend adding giant ice construct creatures or maybe even The Thing/Blood Glacier type werecreatures that can infect your Dwarves if you wanna go for more of a horror tone with those biomes.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 30, 2019, 11:11:23 pm »

I've made weredinosaurs for Primal, and now I'm building an Allosaurus man as a template for prehistoric animal men.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 31, 2019, 11:13:34 am »

Presently trying to wrap my head around making dummy plants for a utility mod update, which will be bringing new options to customizing shields and new dyes that can be made from minerals and some vanilla plants.

Should be a nice little addition so one can make their favorite soldiers even more special, by giving them fancy shields with leather backings, silken straps, and painted surfaces (just some basic decorations, but hey. :P)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 31, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »

I've made weredinosaurs for Primal, and now I'm building an Allosaurus man as a template for prehistoric animal men.

A wereraptor sounds terrifying

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 31, 2019, 01:33:55 pm »

There are wereraptors, the full list of werecreatures is as follows:Tyrannosaur, allosaur, raptor, dilophosaur, ceratosaur, ceratopsian, sauropod, stegosaur, pachycephalosaur, hadrosaur, spinosaur, ankylosaur, Smilodon, dodo, megalodon, Dimetrodon.

I should have more variety for the animal people.

*The update has been released.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 12:37:14 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 01, 2019, 04:02:07 pm »

I just had the idea to add Kumis to my mod. Basically an alcohol made of milk. Would give all that milk your creatures produce a better use than cheese! It uses the basis of mead and is just renamed, but hey!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:34:32 pm by Kyubee »

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 05, 2019, 10:15:26 pm »

I've been working on the MH mod as per usual but I've been thinking of starting a total conversion mod mostly for practice.
I don't exactly know what kind of total conversion mod I should do. I had two ideas: One being a paranormal mod set in modern America with cryptids, demons, etc mostly based off of games like FAITH, Condemned, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and a bit of Trevor Henderson's artwork
while the other... well, it's kinda hard to explain due to being an original setting I recently thought up of. Lets just say it involves punching and fist-related imagery, LOTS of it.
Does anyone have any general tips and advice when it comes to massive projects like total conversion mods?
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 121