Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267634 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #480 on: April 09, 2018, 01:24:20 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 09, 2018, 03:45:45 pm »

Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #482 on: April 10, 2018, 01:03:04 pm »

Made a "let's use barrels of milk to prevent hospital dehydration deaths" reaction, milk into water. Haven't tested reaction yet.
Because "mine ice, press ice into hospital water" is slow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also give your civ the reaction:
[PERMITTED_REACTION:ICE_TO_WATER] --by Malecus
[PERMITTED_REACTION:PRESS_PLANTS_WATER] --by Malecus
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILK_TO_WATER] --by TomiTapio

------------

1. change beds so kobolds sleep on planks of wood, a large smoothed rock, or some cloth (but also have normal beds still exist for other races)
5. a way to distill water/store water
water: in goes bucket of water, out comes blarf_storage_item. reverse reaction would take in blarf_storage_item and output a bucketful of water. Or dig a pond.

cloth-and-stone bed:

water beds: 3 leather, 3 buckets of water, out comes waterleather bed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:09:26 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 10, 2018, 01:55:42 pm »

Perhaps if your reaction produced powdered milk or cheese as a byproduct, it would add additional economic benefit at the same time. You could rehydrate milk later, or use it in cooking
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:25 pm »

Merged most of Adventurecraft into the Zelda mod.  Still have to do the poison stuff and add the new reaction classes to the Zelda mod materials.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 12, 2018, 10:27:41 pm »

Fed up with [Animal_present:always] ending up with long lists of various giant beasts for the tiniest of my animal person tribes. But without it, they get none. Solved by letting giant beasts roam wherever they please (removed [Savage] from them). Nice balance of regular and giant beast owning tribes thriving now. Monkey people seem to lose all their monkeys though. Wrong climate probably. Will give them [Always] back. I guess once pet pops are fixed tribes might choose their animals more sensibly. Wild human tribes retain their huge horse herds for now.

A little nervous about how 44.10 stress balance will hit my Wild Dwarves. For all their masked, murderous ways, they're delicate little snowflakes psychologically.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2018, 06:28:20 am »

Fed up with [Animal_present:always] ending up with long lists of various giant beasts for the tiniest of my animal person tribes. But without it, they get none. Solved by letting giant beasts roam wherever they please (removed [Savage] from them). Nice balance of regular and giant beast owning tribes thriving now. Monkey people seem to lose all their monkeys though. Wrong climate probably. Will give them [Always] back. I guess once pet pops are fixed tribes might choose their animals more sensibly. Wild human tribes retain their huge horse herds for now.

A little nervous about how 44.10 stress balance will hit my Wild Dwarves. For all their masked, murderous ways, they're delicate little snowflakes psychologically.

You can add multiple ANIMAL tokens and use custom creature class to guarantee that a civ always has certain creatures.  For example, the feathered zora in the Zelda mod now always get large birds like ostriches to haul their trade goods, as well as whatever other birds happen to live nearby:
Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_CLASS:AVIAN]
[ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:INTELLIGENT]
[ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:MONSTER]
[ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:FAIRY]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_CLASS:AVIAN_TRADE]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2018, 08:31:59 am »

I'm personally wondering how my Darkest Dungeon mod is gonna interact with the stress changes, given how many of the creatures in it have negative moodlets attached to various interactions. I'd guess I'll have to tone those down once the update is out.

SlimeOfSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2018, 08:36:41 am »

I'm making an editor that allows you to edit a unit's wounds. It was partially inspired by the gm-editor script. It's still in development, though.
It works, but I don't know why.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #489 on: April 13, 2018, 01:29:51 pm »

I'm personally wondering how my Darkest Dungeon mod is gonna interact with the stress changes, given how many of the creatures in it have negative moodlets attached to various interactions. I'd guess I'll have to tone those down once the update is out.
I'd try tweaking until 7% of dwarves go over 100k stress, after a violent clash where 3-20 people died.
No-violence peaceful shut-in fortress, goal maybe 1.5% go over 100k stress.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 13, 2018, 04:56:01 pm »

You can add multiple ANIMAL tokens and use custom creature class to guarantee that a civ always has certain creatures.  For example, the feathered zora in the Zelda mod now always get large birds like ostriches to haul their trade goods, as well as whatever other birds happen to live nearby:
Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_CLASS:AVIAN]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_CLASS:AVIAN_TRADE]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
Yes, but I don't want to specify exactly what they can/can't have. I want a selection of all the cats in the game to be available to lion-person villages and see some variety between villages. But with ALWAYS, all the towns end up with a long list of ALL the big cats and their giant varieties. Without ALWAYS they're limited to "what's available in the local biome". Which is working better for all the tribes now that giant creatures are roaming everywhere (except for monkey people, but that's OK, they can have their wild ALWAYS forest retreats swarming with every type of monkey).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2018, 05:45:46 pm »

Ah, you can add a "feline" or "avian" creature class to all the cats in the game and in the entity add only

[ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_CLASS:FELINE]

And that will give the civ every creature in range of them that has the feline creature class. So youd just have to add that class to each of the cats' creature raws.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2018, 05:48:40 pm »

Ah, you can add a "feline" or "avian" creature class to all the cats in the game and in the entity add only

[ANIMAL]

And that will give the civ every creature in range of them that has the feline creature class. So youd just have to add that class to each of the cats' creature raws.

I think they've done that already, and the problem they're having is that every village has a very large population of every single cat that they added that creature class to, so there's no variety.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 13, 2018, 05:52:32 pm »

[ANIMAL]

I think they've done that already, and the problem they're having is that every village has a very large population of every single cat that they added that creature class to, so there's no variety.
Yeah, that's it exactly. All my animals have classes now. I guess the overpopulating of every type of beast might be related to this bug:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10357

In the meantime, limiting most of the tribes to what's available locally works OK. Most of the tribes stick to similar biomes to their animal counterparts.

I imagine giant animals being able to roam wherever they like will make actually playing Fun. We'll see. :)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 13, 2018, 10:31:59 pm »

Was running a test fort when my snowy partly haunted embark caught fire.

As it turned out, scholars with bonfire bound codexes were arriving at my fort, who then swiftly transformed into !!scholars!! standing in a blood snow soaked grass fire.

'twas funny, if nothing else.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 121