Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267671 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2018, 06:49:16 pm »

well yeah but vanilla modding wise I'm scratching my noggin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2018, 06:58:02 pm »

Mod the petvalue of the dragon
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2018, 11:15:06 pm »

so kinda found out what happens when you add an Animal_classes: General_poison to a entity,
you get access to the pre-generated races. still no signs of bogeymen though, so I might need to look into their raws to see any common animal Class traits. but it's possible to embark with say angels, and forgottenbeasts then have another fort deal with those beasts lurking about your place.

You can get access to generated beasties without DFHack or a hex-editor? Mahahaha. Amazing.

If nothing else, I suppose it would be good for an eldritch, let's-eat-reality-for-breakfast type civ. Though you'd have to exclude every raw-defined creature, which would be a pain no matter how you do it.

Having used the aforementioned hex-editor method, I can say that bogeymen are no great shucks outside of night ambushes. Although I do love that idea you had with gnomes riding them into battle (or was it bogeyman on cats?)
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 12, 2018, 12:52:10 pm »

Welp, I caved in and started re-building my snail/slug men as non-variant creatures, so that they can wear dwarf armor correctly. Unsure how far down the rabbit hole I want to go with that one in terms of other species like moth men.

More frustrating, I've given them Giant Earthworms (with the requisite [PACK_ANIMAL] and [WAGON_PULLER]) using the entity ANIMAL tags, including [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]. But I get very spotty coverage, as some embark sites say "No Trade", but others work fine. Unsure what the cause is - perhaps biome related? A duplicate "Pack Worm" with all biomes enabled might be the solution.

I also tried to give my Leech Men permanent vampire vision, but I discovered that SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS only seems to work when granted by a syndrome, and only works with GENERAL_POISON. I've added it as a symptom of a "drinking blood" syndrome on the material template, exclusive to CREATURE_CLASS:BLOOD_DRINKER.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 12, 2018, 01:13:34 pm »

My Jedi have permanent vampire vision without a syndrome or GENERAL_POISON being targeted. I used [SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS:FORCE:15:3:0:1] in the main creature area, not the castes if that matters. Do your pack worms have TRADE_CAPACITY tags?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:15 pm »

Made an antman tribal civilization in surface caves. Made queens and drones unintelligent and added pet tags to them, made ant men a perpetually available pet to their own civ. Now you can embark with queens and drones for producing new bodies to throw at dangerous tasks.

Found out you can literally buy the workers and soldiers too, though on embark theyre not treated as pets but regular citizens. This allows you to embark with a population of hundreds or even thousands, though they wont have any labors set or any skills whatsoever.

Also made a primitive tribes civ living in caves too that can be any of a multitude of races. Cant make any sort of mechanical components and sometimes they dont even have copper or silver for equipment, but its pretty neat anyway
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 12, 2018, 03:12:50 pm »

Hmm. Further testing required, then, for the vision.

I just added TRADE_CAPACITY:2000, copied from Mules, but still have the same issues with spotty coverage. Will attempt a clone creature with no biome restrictions next.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2018, 03:51:49 pm »

You could add the creature to the entity in question as an always_present always_pack pet, and you wouldnt have to worry about biomes anymore
I make Spellcrafts!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 12, 2018, 05:35:18 pm »

You could add the creature to the entity in question as an always_present always_pack pet, and you wouldnt have to worry about biomes anymore

Tried that. No dice. Substituted in Mules as the always-creature and it seems to work perfectly, so I'll try mutating a mule into something bug-shaped until it works.

Maybe I'm just thinking too narrow, though. Why not pack-frogs? We'll see.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 12, 2018, 05:49:25 pm »

Maybe post the creature and entity raws? I cant imagine why it would only work some of the time if youve set it up the way you said.
I make Spellcrafts!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 12, 2018, 05:52:03 pm »

Perhaps there's a certain body part or minimum/maximum creature size/weight in order for it to work....
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 12, 2018, 06:16:01 pm »

But if something like that was the case, then the creature would be invalid in every world/civ, not just some of them, unless he was messing with the raws again before generating a world.
I make Spellcrafts!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 12, 2018, 06:59:08 pm »

But if something like that was the case, then the creature would be invalid in every world/civ, not just some of them, unless he was messing with the raws again before generating a world.

To clarify, the "No trade" message pops up randomly within a given world. Some areas are clear to trade, some aren't. Since it's not based consistently on latitude, I don't think they're being frozen out, so maybe it's just proximity to a village that can sustain the creatures. I just tried a cloned worm with no biome restrictions and it still had spotty behavior

Here are the entity raws in their entirety. It could be animal-handling related, but that still doesn't account for why it works in some regions and not others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here is the modified Giant Earthworm:

On the Leech Men front, the puzzle deepens. I realized Leech Men have no eyes, and also have EXTRAVISION - so I suspected one of those was the culprit. Sure enough, pasting SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS on a Dwarf let him see through walls, but no luck for the Leech Man - even after removing Extravision, and then again after adding eyes. Worse still, I added it to Mosquito Men and it also failed! Pasting it onto a Rat Man worked fine. Maybe something in the materials for mollusc/insects is an issue?...

Regardless, SENSE_CREATURE_CLASS works correctly when they acquire it via syndrome. Very strange.

EDIT: Looks like I got it to work this time. Turns out you need either [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] in combination with the rest to make it work.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:32:30 pm by Warlord255 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 13, 2018, 01:00:08 pm »

You got the worms working? Cool!

I spent last night tweaking the antman civ and revelling in the knowledge i could literally buy more workers off the caravans. Which are kinda lame wince they dont have wagons, but whatever. I gave them the reactions to build the same axe adventurers have access to, in case they lack metals to make weapons.
I make Spellcrafts!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2018, 12:10:31 am »

Man, importing servants sounds spiffy. May have to get the raws from you on that one.

Yet another bug rears its head. I copied some stuff from Corrosion and made necessary adjustments, but now I'm finding it's not working correctly...

Bullet making reaction:

A relevant stone;

I have all the pieces, but the reaction is still invalid because I lack a GUN-class stone.

For comparison, steel-making reaction:

And a flux stone:

As far as I can tell the formatting is correct, so do custom REACTION_CLASS entries not work?

I ask because I've imported enough steel to start building guns, and I'm eager to test the new "weapons matter" code against the cheetah men who cost me ten dwarves this spring...

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 121