Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46

Author Topic: Hive Race: The Hive  (Read 40224 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The Hive
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:42 pm »

Hmm. crazyabe, would you be okay with supporting RDS instead of Cattle? It's basically the same idea. Only without the blind part. Why are the Cattle blind?

Quote from: VOTES
Wings(0)
Sea spitter(0)
Field fortifications(0)
Throwing spears(1) MonkeyMarkMario
Brain Caste(1) Puppyguard
Forager(0)
Xylophagic External Digestive System (1) 10ebbor10
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (1) Crazyabe
Game management (1) kopout
Ruminant Digestive System (1) NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2017, 02:44:31 pm »

Brain Caste(1) Puppyguard
Forager(0)
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (1) Crazyabe
Ruminant Digestive System (2) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2017, 02:45:10 pm »

If I had to guess I'd say to cut cost. I'm now torn between game management, RDS, and the brain bug. I wouldn't want RDS on all the bugs,  out actual troops should continue to have hypo or obligate carnivorous digestive systems but the "cevilian workers should be able to get away with RDS
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2017, 02:46:30 pm »

Don't we want to win the front one? New units, technologies, tactics can help, very slow long term turns that do nothing but provide more food can't. +Few% to reinforcements this turn don't impress me much.

All this proposals of "do nothing for the frontline, get more food" don't look great for me. We  wasted the first turn on this.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2017, 02:55:31 pm »

We got +6% reinforcement when we rolled a 3 on a revision.

A successful manpower increase design could do a lot of good.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2017, 03:00:49 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Brain Caste(0)
Forager(0)
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (1) Crazyabe
Ruminant Digestive System (3) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard
Switching to RDS, I suppose we can do brain caste another time.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2017, 03:07:14 pm »

Brain Caste(0)
Forager(0)
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (0)
Ruminant Digestive System (4) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard, Crazy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2017, 03:09:45 pm »

Don't we want to win the front one? New units, technologies, tactics can help, very slow long term turns that do nothing but provide more food can't. +Few% to reinforcements this turn don't impress me much.

All this proposals of "do nothing for the frontline, get more food" don't look great for me. We  wasted the first turn on this.
To your last point, we rolled two ones. That turn was wasted by the dice.

Anyway, I don't see us losing ground on the first front this turn. Even without the fort bonus we were ahead last turn, and they suffered more losses than they received reinforcements, whilst for us the opposite was true. So even if they move their aphrokema over, I doubt we'll lose any ground, and that's assuming we roll another one and get nothing from this design.

Our troops are already superior to theirs. Our only problem is a lack of manpower, which RDS would go some way to solving.
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »

Well, they could try to adjust their manpower flow.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2017, 03:26:37 pm »

Hmm. crazyabe, would you be okay with supporting RDS instead of Cattle? It's basically the same idea. Only without the blind part. Why are the Cattle blind?
the way I see it, Each "Part" is a bit more cost, thus cutting out parts unneeded for their function is a decent solution for Reducing their price, Cattle were designed to be both a source of food, and a way to store food, thus they did not require to "See" the whole area around them, only to receive basic mental feedback about the area from other drones in the area. They were not designed with direct combat in mind, rather they were designed to maximize the amount of food we could store and produce, Increasing the number of drones which could be deployed in total.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2017, 04:11:03 pm »

Game management:
Instead of simply hunting out and denuding the area of all resources we now take a much more measured approach to our hunting and gathering. Although predatory species are deliberately hunted out to remove competition herbivores herds are culled at a smaller scale to insure a future supply.
BTW, I like this but I think this is a revision. This makes hunting more effective. Sure, we will eat grass soon and  there will be no reason to not exterminate herbivores...

I want us to work on tech more. Doing nothing but genetic improvements is one dimensional.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2017, 04:36:20 pm »

Brain Caste(0)
Forager(0)
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (0)
Ruminant Digestive System (5) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard, Crazy
I can appreciate digesting grass.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2017, 05:40:38 pm »

Large And Furry Shells
We design a new carapace for use with our drones. It has thick ridges to deflect and hold the points of artillery bolts and long spines to add a great effective increase to thickness against arrows with only a large increase in weight. Ideally this would be mounted upon an unusually large gender of worker. These would act as armoured shields providing a heavy vanguard behind which our workers could advance.

I would like to concentrate on revisions for our food needs. We already have the X.E.D.S. and can revise it into something usable. It has terrible terrible rolls so a revision should be quite powerful, whereas a new design would be starting completely from scratch.

Game management also would seem to be a revision to our existing hunting. Whereas proper domestication would be a new design, or maybe just two revisions?

Wings(1) RAM
Sea spitter(0)
Field fortifications(0)
Brain Caste(0)
Forager(0)
Predator (1) Strongpoint
Cattle (0)
Ruminant Digestive System (5) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard, Crazy
L.A.F.S. ()
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2017, 05:53:07 pm »

I would like to concentrate on revisions for our food needs. We already have the X.E.D.S. and can revise it into something usable. It has terrible terrible rolls so a revision should be quite powerful, whereas a new design would be starting completely from scratch.
Wrong. We'll need to roll few times to get something usable of that. Designing again will cost less actions. I still dislike spending an action to get a modest reinforcement rate increase (manpower cap increase is even less useful) but designing is far better than revising a complete failure.

Wings(1) RAM
What this kind of proposal mean? Add wings to gene database laying there doing nothing? If you want wings why not describe flying version of the worker or outright new creature?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2017, 05:55:34 pm »

I would like to concentrate on revisions for our food needs. We already have the X.E.D.S. and can revise it into something usable. It has terrible terrible rolls so a revision should be quite powerful.

I don't know if that thinking is accurate.  Why not improve something good?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:33:49 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 46