Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]  (Read 10319 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 8: Starmine and Starbow]
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2017, 05:37:50 am »

I have returned, am I off the waiting list now[inset question mak].

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2017, 11:17:22 am »

Turn underway.

I'm not certain if this game is dead yet or not, but if not, I'd like to be added onto the wait list.

Got it.

You're still on it as of now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2017, 11:25:28 pm »

Turn underway.

I'm not certain if this game is dead yet or not, but if not, I'd like to be added onto the wait list.

Got it.

You're still on it as of now.

Is this very very very dead? or just on hiatus?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2017, 04:06:48 pm »

Well, it says "Turn underway" on the post you just quoted, so I'm guessing it's not dead-dead.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2017, 06:11:34 pm »

It is still underway. I had things to take care of, but I'm off parole so that should be good for the vitality of this game going forward.

I also didn't know what I should do with the "Bruce Willis" Article so that stumped me for a while.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2017, 12:14:52 am »

Round 9: Still Breathing
Time: Afternoon

The sun rises to its highest point in the day, baking the earth in a warm glow.

Blitz walks over Croc, pointing her revolver directly at the downed Magical Girl. [7 VS. 3-2] Croc screams incomprehensibly out of rage and pain, although that is quickly silenced with two shots straight to the gut. The human rights advocate doubles over, clutching her fatally wounded stomach. It's unknown whether out of pity or cold-hearted determination, but Blitz puts Croc's misery to an end with a final shot through the skull. One less problem to deal with, although the whole 'leg nearly cut into two' thing is going to be a nuisance.
BlitzDungeoneer has defeated CrocAndBearLover! +1 Point
+Article: Ludwig Wittgenstein: +Ability: The Language Game

Darkgamer bakes another batch of gingerbread cookies, using a liberal amount of the bakery's supplies with its owners currently cowering upstairs. Jyoti mediates silently and the bored Menshevik stares out the window. [Gingerbread Baking: 2+4] It's the same size as the last batch, although in his haste Dark made them of far inferior quality; about half with picture perfect gingerbread men, while the other half suffered losses: a missing leg here, a half cracked head there. Oh well. Dark fishes the Ganesh Idol back out and channels his energy into it once more until it is vibrating with glowing red eyes. [8] The gingerbread men rise from on their own accord and march towards Dark, half normal and half deformed. "Master...we live to serve..." They kneel, and rather pathetically a few of the poorly made men crumble and break during this ritual.
Dark goes further with his plans, what if he can use the Idol to grow his cookie army? Channel his energy into the Ganesh Idol once again, he now focuses on their size rather than number. [1] The gingerbreads begin to grow in girth, although instead of gaining height and mass they just look like they are expanding, getting puffier. Now they resemble pastries more than cookies.
[8] [9] Dark and the Menshevik have enough sense to run out the door just as the room begins to fill with hundreds of popping sounds like a 4th of July celebration gone haywire, and sweet. Once the explosions have passed, the two look through the shattered window to see the room is coated in burnt gingerbread residue, filled with an intangibly sweet and salty scent. Scattered baking materials and broken vases litter the ground, and the oven has a few notable holes so that, as the kids say nowadays, "Bakin' Machine Broke."  Jyoti is still floating, untouched and undisturbed. "Perhaps the Idol is too powerful for you hands?" He asks Dark with a swarmy grin.

Fallacy explains his wishes to Jaameen, "Well, you see... pinecones aren't seeds. Pinecones contain seeds. Each pinecone contains many seeds, speeding up my collection of seeds greatly. As for why I wanted seeds... you see, I have a bit of magic myself. Dendromancy. I can grow a seed into a full tree instantly once every [three turns]. So that leads me to my request from you: can you teach me to use my magic more effectively, or if not, can you give me some magical tree seeds?"
The wizard sits back in his chair, pondering this request. "Despite living in a tree, my area of expertise is in the elements, not natural magic. For that, you would need a druid, I know one that lives not too far from here. If you want, I could train you in some apprentice level magical spells. Or I could point you towards that druid, your choice. For either, you must do some work for me." He scans the room, as if someone could be eavesdropping, and leans in towards Fallacy. "Many years ago I lived in Frumaed until the mayor confiscated my home. Knowing that bastard, he keeps the deed to my home locked up somewhere in his manor. If you can retrieve this deed for me, I will help you."

Dolosus cruises in his sports car down the marketplace, subwoofers blaring rap music that makes the interior of the car shake. The remaining townsfolk in the area back away, hushing their children behind their backs and glaring at the intruder, unknowingly replicating suburban people from another world. Dolosus sneers back, realizing that these stereotyping motherfuckers exist in every universe and every timeline. Just because he's listening to loud rap music in a pimped-out car, they think he's up to dirty business, ain't that some shit? He turns his attention back to his original goal, finding some abandoned stores to loot. [9] Looks like the butchershop has been recently abandoned. The building is a little on fire, but at least it's pre-cooking the mutton already.

KJ runs up to Croc, bayonet ready, but the magical girl is already done for. It's a victory, but it's left him with an injured hand, and Blitz has a life-threatning injury.

An enraged NAV runs over to the spot where Croc once stood, [Stamina: 2] and reaches there a couple minutes too late. "You...asshole....I...shop..." NAV doubles over, wheezing. He might be regretting all those times he ignored his coach telling him to build up his stamina, because who need stamina when you play baseball?

Greatness and Paxie spawn right outside of the marketplace.

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: darkgamer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dolosus Doleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Paxiecrunchle (click to show/hide)

I said the turn was underway, didn't I?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2017, 03:56:42 am »

Look around for something to fix my leg with.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2017, 08:12:35 am »

I ask my synthetic companion to scout ahead for shelter while I climb the nearest tree and clean my weapons.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:07 am »

Look around for anybody. If I see a fellow warrior, back up a smidgen and snipe them with the Lee-Enfield.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2017, 10:27:04 am »

Commence with the looting! Recklessly dive into the burning building and take any sharp objects or booze available before running back outside.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2017, 11:28:01 am »

"I'd love it if you could point me towards that druid. Just tell me where the mayor's manor is and I'll get going."

This.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2017, 11:45:29 am »

In

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2017, 02:08:01 am »

I shall as a primary goal attempt to make as many friends as possible before my character is inevitably murdered.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »

Bump for all those people who didn't get the chance to see that we're back.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10