Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 27849 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 06:03:23 am »

"Well, well. So you think you're hallucinating too?" Jeremiah calls back. "It scarcely seems likely that we're figments of one another's imagination, but for the sake of politeness let's behave as if one another are real.

Jeremiah then lights the braziers, ready for something to jump out from behind a tapestry at him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remember to make use of your free spell edits each turn.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2017, 10:07:23 am »

Shannon tries to communicate with the other group as he moves to look as unthreatening as possible. while doing this he edits a spell.

Spell change:Touched target doesn't appear visible to the opposite person > Touched target doesn't appear visible to any person

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 10:50:53 am »

Next time i pay more attention to the words, let's just act as i never forgot the "only" and keep the stuff going?

Jeremiah then lights the braziers, ready for something to jump out from behind a tapestry at him. Also, he creates the spell, "Moss and wings grow on named target's back." Finally, if nothing of note happens anywhere, he opens another door.

I don't think it will work because you are adding "and" "wings" and that's for the gm to randomize

But you can edit moss>wings, or moss>shield, moss>food (and then try to add permanent somehow)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 11:00:26 am »

Jeremiah then lights the braziers, ready for something to jump out from behind a tapestry at him. Also, he creates the spell, "Moss and wings grow on named target's back." Finally, if nothing of note happens anywhere, he opens another door.

I don't think it will work because you are adding "and" "wings" and that's for the gm to randomize

But you can edit moss>wings, or moss>shield, moss>food (and then try to add permanent somehow)
No, it started as moss and fungus. He changed fungus to wings.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »

Next time i pay more attention to the words, let's just act as i never forgot the "only" and keep the stuff going?

Sure.

Rosie began experimenting with the door. She closed it and opened it immediately again. The room it opened to was different one. A bleak room, both sides lined with bunks paired with a wooden chests. The floor there is notably angled, leading down towards opposite end of the room. Bunks and chests have slipped down there over time, piled together next to pair of doors.

Jeremiah lights up all braziers and candles he can find with his torch, noticing jewelry, books and various potions hidden in shadows. He could possibly gain some riches by carefully looting this room, however he wouldn't be able to enjoy of them unless he found his way back to some acceptable civilization. And technically he could create more with magic, so it wasn't like he absolutely needed those. Exploring the place took greater priority.

Now that the room was properly lit he could see every wall has one large and heavy decorated door. Except the one he came through. That's shoddy one, completely out of place. He randomly chose to open door on left side. Behind this door is a simple room. Simple in construction, having polished marble walls and floors, but otherwise it is far from simple. All walls have multiple shelves, each hosting many invaluable artworks. There are golden statuettes with jewels for eyes, exquisite paintings and beautiful jewelry just to mention few.

Octavian, in his desire to be armed, cannot resist opportunity for grave robbing. He tries to take the sword from one of the statues, but the moment he starts lifting it up the statue's glove like hands close firmly around the hilt. Octavian was already excepting such trap and when the statue tried to push him over he was already running away. In less than four seconds he's already standing next to Jeremiah, breathing heavily.

Alex who was trying to cast spell on the roman got shoved aside by latter's sudden dash. Being off balance and surprised he was left alone in mercy of animated statues. With very little light he couldn't avoid all eight statues cutting him with their swords. In fact every golem managed to get their turn slashing and stabbing him, some even multiple times. Many deep cuts across his arms and upper body left Alex screaming and bleeding badly.

Little Finger stepped into morgue just as Alex's screaming began. Moving silhouettes of the statues and reflection of distant torch light on their blades was enough to make him jump back into the hallway. Young child as he was, this scared him greatly.

Shannon in turn attempts to do diplomacy. He makes simple relaxed gesture, raising one hand up and other sightly on side, both open palms forward. It's simple calming gesture based on human body language, indicating those facing him there's no need to worry. The swordsman hesitates only for a moment before relaxing from his defensive posture. He glances back to his companions who are desperately trying to help their impaled friend. He turns back to Shannon and asks something in language he doesn't understand. At this point Alex's scream from morgue and Finger's scared yelp steals his attention.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 01:44:38 pm »

Caster's clothing becomes armor (was "acts like")

I am appalled at the state of this room. Who would allow their home to become like this?
Well, no use in worrying about it. Gather any tools that look like they may be useful; hammers, axes, etc. Actually, I'd like to know what the scattered tools are.
And if there's a (small, carryable) harp, I'd like to take it. Just because they're nice.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:08:05 pm by Glass »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 04:00:05 pm »

Jeremah, after picking out a choice item from the treasure room, walks back to the door leading to the morgue from the now lit-up dirty feast room. Spotting the statues, he will get ready to close the door, and will do so if they attack.

If the situation stabilises, he takes and examines a potion from the dirty hall/feast room.

"That's certainly unpleasant behaviour. I'm not so sure this is my hallucination after all.

GM: Hey, so the mansion rearranges itself when doors are closed? What happen if the open section gets cut in half? Does that split the party? Do we lose anything not connected to room one? Can we only close doors at the end of the open section?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:00:07 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:32 pm »

Spell evolution: Target can control his air -> Target can control his blood

Stunned and a little disoriented by the sudden attack, panic took hold of Alex. Terrified he sprinted blindly out from the current room across the filthy room straight into the treasure room. "This isn't a bloody dream!" he yelled frantically as he dashed past Jeremiah. Stopping to catch his breath he surveyed the deep cuts crisscrossing his body. "Oh crap, oh no," he was already feeling a little faint and could feel himself getting weaker. He needed to stop the bleeding and quickly.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »

Shannon heard the scream and left the door open as he went to see what was going on.

Spell change:Touched target doesn't appear visible to any person >Touched target doesn't appear understandable to any person

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2017, 04:58:32 pm »

Based on most recent spell: "Target immediately runs into room unless naked". You'll probably randomize the Room word, right? Anyway...
"Well this room's a keeper. Somewhere to sleep, and if we find a more comfortable room, we can take the bunks with us." (hears scream) "Whatever's happenin', everyone just leave that room, and close the door. Escape should be your best option".
Rosie ignores what's going on in the other rooms, and looks inside the chests of this room.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2017, 08:52:45 am »

Try to delete anything in bold. From right to left.

"Looked target thinks he has only 20 minutes to live" > "Looked target thinks he has 20 minutes to live"

This way will get easier to edit later

"If this was an hallucination, i couldn't see so many details... we are screwed."

* Little finger rip part of his sleeve as if it would work as a bandage on Alex*

" Damn, this won't work, someone has alcohol? I need to edit my magic fast"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:56 am »

(Unfortunately, I think little finger is in a completely different room and has a bunch of angry sword wielding statues between him and the room Alex is in.)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2017, 09:24:16 am »

(Alex is trying to get escape the room, dash past Jeremiah till the treasure room. Still isn't guaranteed that he will make it but...)
Novice english wordsmith

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:02 pm »

Sorry for missing a day. I found a novel I couldn't escape from.

GM: Hey, so the mansion rearranges itself when doors are closed? What happen if the open section gets cut in half? Does that split the party? Do we lose anything not connected to room one? Can we only close doors at the end of the open section?

Try it and find out. Also you didn't alter any spells.

Without backpacks or other luggages a person can only hold 9 items in his hands, belt and pockets. Small items of same type might stack to some limit. Large items (L) take space of 3 small items. Clothes and worn items do not count.

Octavian begins looting the room, hoping to find useful tools. All he finds his tools of home maker, such as shears, scissors, needles, pincushions and knitting needle. Scissors are somewhat usable as a stabbing tool as are shears, so he shoves those into his belt. Out of three harps he finds two have broken strings, but the third is intact and in tune. Good enough.

Jeremiah enters into the treasure room eyeing certain golden bracelet resembling pair of coiled snakes, but in half way point to the shelve he suddenly finds himself unable to breathe. Air escapes from his lungs against his will and in few seconds he finds his vision already darkening. Violent gusts of wind slashes his skin, causing many shallow cuts.

Alex, despite of being surrounded by many sword wielding golems finds his moment to escape from their torment, but pays it with few hard cuts on his back, down to ribs, chipping bones. Despite of this he runs into the filthy room and after Jeremiah into the treasure room. His hopes for peace and safety are cruelly crushed, however. Whatever it is that was strangling Jeremiah leaves him alone and starts sucking air out of Alex's lungs instead. Already winded and weak, it takes only moments to bring Alex on his knees, desperately gasping for air that refuses to enter his lungs.

Ignoring the newest strangers Shannon goes to the morgue door and sees bleeding Alex escaping from golems. Said golems do not give pursue when he leaves the room and instead return back to their pedestals.

Rosie, in true spirit of scavenger, ignores screams and takes look into various chests in the room. Few appear to be locked, but those few that are open contains simple lamellar leather armors, tunics and sandals. It's not much, but by sounds of it they might be unexpectedly useful. There's actually enough armors for everybody, albeit they might not fit well. Honestly only that roman cosplayer has right body type.

Little Finger tears sleeve from his shirt and works it into a makeshift bandage. As soon as golems get back into their pedestals he sprints through morgue and into the room beyond, but stops before entering into treasure room. The sight of two men on their knees, both gasping for air and Alex's clothes and hair being ravaged by invisible wind makes him hesitate.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »

*Sees people in treasure room*
*Nope*

"Target's clothing becomes armor" (was "Caster")

Go back through the morgue, playing my harp, over back to the main hall. If it seems like the statues will attack me, stop playing and make a run for it.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 03:05:42 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20