Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 27848 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 01:33:05 pm »

So, last turn i could had deleted everything till "Looked target thinks" and now i can do "Looked target thinks" >
"Looked target heals" ? <3

(If i can't right now whatever, next turn i already know what to do  :P)
You could have in that particular case, yes. Though you are better to word it as "is healed". It's less ambivalent that way.

Wait, does this mean I can change "Caster's clothing" directly to "target"? Because if so, I'd rather make that change than from "Caster's clothing" to the intermediary "target's clothing".
"Caster's clothing" is a single target, a very specific target. So yeah, you can change that to "target". But more specifics of the target you add, more likely I'm to put something random into it. So going from "Caster" to "Looked target's mother's pants" might change along the way somehow.

Rosie leaves the barracks she found to talk with the larper, but instead finds the people in trouble. Finding first opportunity to use magic she casts her spell in quick succession, first on Jeremiah and then on Alex. Jeremiah stands up under magical compulsion and runs back to the room, still winded but thankfully capable of breathing again. Alex on the other hand doesn't react at all. In fact, the grayish glowing point of magic disappears just before it hits him. That has some troubling implications.

Now that his life is not in immediate danger, and after catching his breath, Jerimiah heads to opposite side of the room and opens door there. This room is... a cage. Iron bars jammed into stone floor defining square enclosure, raising all the way up to ceiling. Behind the bars is wider space and bunch of benches, little better than ones he saw in the hall back there, and another door leading somewhere unknown. But he doesn't step in. Partially because scattered and thoroughly gnawed animal skeletons, but it's actually a tiger that stops him from advancing. A thin, dangerously malnourished tiger, laying next to bars. On this side of the bars! However after staring it few seconds Jeremiag notices it doesn't breathe. Perhaps... perhaps it is dead.

Considering the situation Octavian chooses to abandon the strangers in trouble and strolls back to first hallway while plucking his new old harp. The golems im morgue are back to their pedestals, just like they were originally, and do not react to his presence in anyway. Perhaps they merely reacted to his attempted robbery. Following this train of thought they may also react if he tries to defile the corpses in their caskets.

In the treasure room Alex tries to get up, desperately hoping for someone to help. But no help comes. Jeremiah runs away. Rosie merely stands by the door. That other guy simply nopes away. At this point darkness comes and Alex's consciousness finally fades. He slumps down, bleeding from his many deep wounds. (And he will perish soon if no healing is provided.)

"There must be someone here, not only wind" Little Finger realizes. There's nothing to see, but considering how Rosie's spell disappeared before hitting Alex that must be true. Something invisible. He aims his palm towards Alex, hopefully little aside, and fires his spell. It too, disappears in midair near Alex. At first it looks like there's no effect, but then the mystery wind scuffling tormenting Alex ends. A burst of wind escapes from treasure room, kicking dust violently into air in front of Rosie and Little Finger. Dust particles in the air paints a weird bubbly shape for a moment before it moves to the treasure room door and slams it shut with powerful gusts of wind. It remained in same room with you lot.

Unaware of the newest developments in the room beyond morgue he returns to the padded room door he opened without leaving the hall. Things have evolved in here too. The spears sprung from floor have receded back down, leaving the impaled person with major wounds. His companions are dragging him away from the trap, while one digs out an iron chain from her backpack. She makes sure the victim is holding it and she says something quickly to the others. Everyone is moving towards them and grabbing the chain too.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 01:56:46 pm »

When...when I asked that question, I meant for if it was accepted, that you would make that change instead of the one that I had put in my action.
Can we just assume that that was what happened, and that my 6th spell is "Target becomes armor" and not "target's clothing becomes armor"?

I'll save my action and modification for when you respond.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2017, 02:24:32 pm »

W-w-wait... the wind guy is in our room? damn

Modification
"Looked target thinks" > "Looked target is healed"

He believes that is impossible to see alex again, maybe if they opened the door a couple of times he could find alex again? No time to discover, the wind killer was here

"RUN GUYS"

Runs toward the Morgue#1 and awaits people to cross the door so he can close it. If the wind try to suffocate someone little finger will look at the dust created by the monster and cast  "Looked target thinks he has only 20 minutes to live"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2017, 04:41:38 pm »

The description is a little confusing. It went into the treasure room and shut the door, so...does "it remained in the same room with you lot" past tense as in it was with us for a while before it closed the door, or that it left the room with the door closed, staying with us? Also, if it closed the door, wouldn't that mean the door should have changed and lead somewhere else now, leaving Alex alone and definitely dead? I'd like to clarify before I make my action. My spell edit will be "Target immediately transforms into cat unless naked" Should be simple enemy-restraining spell. One more edit, and I'll start working on spell economics.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 05:39:02 pm »

When...when I asked that question, I meant for if it was accepted, that you would make that change instead of the one that I had put in my action.
Can we just assume that that was what happened, and that my 6th spell is "Target becomes armor" and not "target's clothing becomes armor"?

Sure. But next time include that into your action post.

The description is a little confusing. It went into the treasure room and shut the door, so...does "it remained in the same room with you lot" past tense as in it was with us for a while before it closed the door, or that it left the room with the door closed, staying with us? Also, if it closed the door, wouldn't that mean the door should have changed and lead somewhere else now, leaving Alex alone and definitely dead? I'd like to clarify before I make my action. My spell edit will be "Target immediately transforms into cat unless naked" Should be simple enemy-restraining spell. One more edit, and I'll start working on spell economics.

It is in the filthy room with you currently.
As you figured out, closed door almost never leads into same room again. So yes, that was effectively death sentence for Alex.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »

(Poor Alex is now completely isolated he's likely dead unless one of you find a way to get to him through random doors or I manage to get him out of this somehow)

With the wind creature gone Alex could breathe. He faded back into awareness but struggled and failed to stay awake sinking back into blackness. Time lost all meaning as he faded in and out of consciousness. Those moments of black were free from agonising pain. It was so easy to surrender to that blackness, to let the pain disappear. It would just be so easy to let go, to let the pain end. Surrender. Let the journey end. It was done, everything was done. It was time for him to-Broken clockwork. Cracked gears that failed to turn. Springs that had snapped. Broken machines and damaged systems. He seized consciousness with a dogged grip and refused to let go. He stirring weakly on the floor now soaked in his own blood. His body was a complex system but it could be repaired. He could make this right. He could fix things. Fixing things was what he was best at; disassembling the broken and damaged, stripping out the damaged parts and replacing them. Spell Evolution: Target can regenerate his blood-> Target can regenerate. He told himself he would live. He wanted desperately to believe it but the current situation made it hard. Yet still he feebly he dragged his broken body, his weak legs pushing him across the floor, towards the nearest door. He would lie to himself until it became the truth. He would live.

Getting close to the door he tried desperately with his fingers to pry open the door from the bottom. The muscles in his back were only half of the muscles used to move his arms but with them so badly cut and severed every movement of his arms provoked screams of agony from his lips. The pain threatened to overwhelm him and return him to peaceful blackness. He held on against the pain. He could fix this he told himself again. He just needed to go to one more room and he could fix this. One broken part at a time he would fix this. An unwanted intrusive thought slipped into his mind 'oh like how you fixed your broken life? She left you and died while you sat with your watches and clocks!' His efforts to open the door lessened. "I didn't know," he spoke, his voice a faint gasped whisper as he pleaded with his own sense of guilt. The doubts that had plagued him quietly and unnoticed for so many years were coming back to him now in his moment of vulnerability. 'The foreclosure notices piled up telling you they had come to take the house you had built for her WHILE YOU SAT WITH YOUR WATCHES AND CLOCKS! You have failed everyone. You have failed yourself. You failed her. You won't succeed here, you can't. You don't deserve to.'

Barely clinging to consciousness and filled with unimaginable pain tears flowed freely from his eyes. The suffering caused by his regrets overshadowed his immeasurable pain. He could fix this. This time the thought wasn't a lie but a realisation. Magic. He could find a way back and fix his past. He could save his runaway daughter, bring her back to life or save her in the past. He would fix this. It wasn't a lie now or a realisation it was an oath. He would fix everything. With renewed determination, he powered through his pain and tried once again to find a way to open the door from his position lying on the floor.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

Sure. But next time include that into your action post.
Thanks. It's just that you answered and posted the turn at the same time. :/

Anyway...
Modification: "Target becomes omnilingual" (was "armor")

Time to go check out the barracks and get some armor!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2017, 08:19:27 pm »

"Well, this is where casting 'while naked' becomes a problem." Flee into tomb with Lil' Finger, be ready to flee into next room if air thing approaches, since it might aggravate the statues.

Jerick, you need to get your character moving into new rooms so that he can cast those spells. By my math, should be 5 rooms with current spells, but an edit into making a spell that lets him control his bloodloss should be cheaper on cool down and be obtainable sooner. I should be able to get a spell in 3-4 edits to return you to us, but it'll probably be a little expensive on cool down. Planned spell is "Remembered target ally returns into room they were wounded in unless naked".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2017, 12:42:33 am »

I can stop the bleeding with blood control which is just one more room off cool down. However with his injuries standing up and opening a door is a surprising difficulty. If I can just make it one more room then he can stabilize himself.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2017, 04:06:40 am »

Jeremiah steps into the tiger room and immediately jumps out again. He then uses the spell, "Moss and wings grow on named target's back, and runs/flies into the morgue, slamming the door behind him if he is the last one through.

If he has a free moment at any point, he uses his initial spell, "Moss and fungus grow on named target's back", using the name "Guardian Air Elemental".

Change spell: "Fire and fungus grow on pointed target's brain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2017, 04:25:16 am »

Jeremiah steps into the tiger room and immediately jumps out again. He then uses the spell, "Moss and wings grow on named target's back, and runs/flies into the morgue, slamming the door behind him if he is the last one through.

If he has a free moment at any point, he uses his initial spell, "Moss and fungus grow on named target's back", using the name "Guardian Air Elemental".

I assume named target for first spell is yourself?
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2017, 04:46:27 am »

Yesh, very much so.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2017, 08:15:47 am »

You might need a new shirt, NJ.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2017, 08:18:12 am »

Not once I use my other spell.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2017, 11:19:06 am »

Shannon closes the door with the chain group in and opens it again to see what will happen.

Spell change: Touched target does appear understandable to any person > Touched target does appear understandable
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20