Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires  (Read 26022 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2017, 06:38:54 pm »

This looks like a really interesting game. Suggestions on who to join?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2017, 06:45:00 pm »

Kasgyr needs more people.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2017, 06:45:36 pm »

The Wreth thread enjoys debates on such topics as whether the death ray should use pulsed beams, a continuous stream, or explosive globs.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2017, 06:48:40 pm »

The Wreth thread enjoys debates on such topics as whether the death ray should use pulsed beams, a continuous stream, or explosive globs.

Kasgyr needs more people.

I'd decided that the first person to advertise their Spire would make me decide in the opposite direction. I guess NAV wasn't advertising, so I'm joining Kasgyr.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2017, 07:08:42 pm »

Glad to have you on board. We'll soon have these impertinent Wreth scum back under the mist where they belong.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2017, 07:10:35 pm »

Glad to have you on board. We'll soon have these impertinent Wreth scum back under the mist where they belong.
your Sig quite relevant here
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2017, 07:10:50 pm »

What... why would you??? Have you seen some of the things that live down there? Even the Wrethi are not deserving of such a fate.

That does give me an idea, however... what if we sic a mist monster on them? We could - mmph mmph mmmmph!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2017, 07:12:10 pm »

your Sig quite relevant here

I WISH. If it was a +2, or even a +4 it might be relevant :C

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2017, 07:26:39 pm »

I still think the pulsed death day would be more effective...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2017, 07:30:41 pm »

I'd decided that the first person to advertise their Spire would make me decide in the opposite direction. I guess NAV wasn't advertising, so I'm joining Kasgyr.
I was anti-advertising, so I am satisfied by this outcome.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:31 am »

So, pending approval and subject to change, most people in Wreth seem to support the following aspects to our culture:

Prior to the conflict with Kasgyre, Wreth was a peaceful place. We only started building up our military a few years ago, because Kasgyrian aggression forced us to.
We believe that it is mankind's manifest destiny to reclaim the surface world, that the spires are but temporary homes whilst we figure out how to dispel the mists. And Kasgyre is standing in the way of aforementioned destiny. ((The alternative was believing that moving up into the spires represents humanity literally ascending to a higher level of existence, and that returning to the surface would be like voluntarily reverting to barbarism))
Our government is a bureaucratic meritocracy. Further details have been lost in our labyrinthian filing systems. ((Some people (Madman) want us to be a democracy. Others (myself included) think that that's boring, that it makes us seem too perfect and utopian. I suggested a philosopher-king. Well, since we can't agree, we can just leave the details of who's actually in charge vague for now.))
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2017, 08:18:01 am »

Bureaucratic meritocracy? What are you, communist? :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2017, 08:33:24 am »

I wish.
Nuke wants us to have a philosopher king because he wants to be THE philosopher king.
Usurper!

Objectively, we seem more to be like a late senate republic, with a lot of power and agendas being flung around at odds with eachother with little oversight.
Our only real saving grace seems to be the horrible bureaucracy slowing down the otherwise frenetic power struggles.

However, 'Peaceful' and 'Surface Aspirations' did win by one vote... the curs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2017, 08:47:12 am »

Well, we have a monarchy, though every other detail is still up in the air at this point.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2017, 09:39:32 am »

To be fair, we only agree on the monarchy is because I sort of forced it through with my fluff.  :P
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24