Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174435 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - For whom the bell tolls [10/10]
« Reply #1575 on: October 06, 2017, 05:24:53 pm »

Well what am I supposed to do? I cannot get anything but what functions as a 2 on every single roll I make, thus negating even the possibility to take action to remove the penalty.

Y'know what, I'm just going to edit my action to have Aaron just leave and go looting, removing myself from the battle. Dark, would that be ok, or will I continue to receive inverted rolls while away from the battle?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 06, 2017, 05:27:30 pm »

I could challenge the Knight to fight one on one, if that'll get the others a chance to teleport away.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 06, 2017, 05:31:08 pm »

You could die. Are you sure? Also I still have to heal in case the shard reacts negatively again so no teleport this turn.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:22:04 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 06, 2017, 06:45:29 pm »

I was looking more closely at the companions. Naablvat is at full health and could probably survive a hit from the Dread Knight. Maybe the rest of us should avoid making attacks next turn while Naablvat goes in and attempts to grab the charm away. At the same time, Erlath could use Fear on the boss, while using telekinesis to try and snatch the charm.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 06, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »

That sounds like a solid plan. I rest, the spirit tries to snatch the charm while Naablvat help and everyone rests or heals. Then next turn I try to make a portal again and everyone rushes in.

Note: Portals send to the Abyss, there can be enemies there but there is also the exit portal to the destination we want to go. Expect enemies there, probably not as strong as the boss but still, don't go with low health (or maybe do because this  boss is strong as hell)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 07:10:38 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 06, 2017, 07:08:52 pm »

Take cover, rest.
My mods and forum games.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 06, 2017, 08:48:50 pm »

Smoke enters Smoke form to regenerate his health then backs off with me to find a place to rest while the others fight.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 06, 2017, 08:58:51 pm »

((Too busy right now to post much, but here's a technical plan--all those with negatives only have those negatives directly against the spiritbossknight person. These negatives don't exist in aiding allies; so supporting your allies instead of fighting the big bad is something that you should do instead. Dark One seems to be pushing creativity and I approve of that greatly, because the mindset of players may also be somewhat rigid if they're conditioned to do one theme in a set of actions only when they see enemies. It can cause frustration when they meet new things that don't match the fit of that.

That and I've no idea who my companions all are :V Other than 4+ people maybe.

But yeah, do supports, instead of direct fights. Unless I'm understanding it differently--because it will be extremely weird for a GM to just toss a 'all actions you get bonuses to become negatives instead', on a 1d6.
Which means 'every action' :V
I mean if it meant 'inverted negatives/positives', I should have a +1, becoming a +0. But all my enemies were stupid undead, which I had always had a -1 against. Now it's a spirit, which is inverted into -1, and somehow became -3?
...I hope my first paragraph is more right than what I'm reading into right now.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:01:44 pm by Tiruin »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 06, 2017, 09:14:51 pm »

I petition this boss, he does BS damage and makes it so none of can roll for shit, either name him turn maluses into bonuses, or give him some stupid weakness we can exploit, otherwise, you just seem like you want to kill the us all. I mean, he can attack all of us in one turn, this isn't Glass complaining that you made his character actually kill able, this is me saying that this is unfair, anyone else want to add anything.?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 06, 2017, 09:17:53 pm »

(It's weird that your faith shield got a +1 but my attemp to make a portal got a -1. I think that all actions get the penalty. Also yes, it's kind of unfair because we have to rely on luck to survive. I think the boss would have been fine if we had meet him on a later point of the game. Also we had horrible luck so it's not really the boss fault. Aaron can't do anything without auto-failing, me and the other demonologist still get the -2 to dark spirits on top of everything, and Dennis is a peasant which gets penalty against everything and his bonuses are now maluses. The only ones left are the exorcist and the alchemist which are more support-ish than fighters (sorry)

Maybe have Stumpy rush to the enemy and self-destruct while your demon tries to snatch his charm with help from the spirit. The gargoyle isn't that strong or useful to the team and is a construct so it won't care. Also it seems he just recovers part of his health instead of fully healing by resting, probably because it's a construct.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:26:18 pm by randomgenericusername »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 06, 2017, 09:26:01 pm »

I petition this boss, he does BS damage and makes it so none of can roll for shit, either name him turn maluses into bonuses, or give him some stupid weakness we can exploit, otherwise, you just seem like you want to kill the us all. I mean, he can attack all of us in one turn, this isn't Glass complaining that you made his character actually kill able, this is me saying that this is unfair, anyone else want to add anything.?
((I'm adding that we need more than 1 round to make conclusions :O For all we know, his negative stuff is a temporary thing. Everyone heal up though--don't worry about this turn, I've got healing!))

Do some Faith Healing, also skillfully because I'm still sprawled on the ground!
Also Coiled Bar that dude!

Do you recognize this fellow? Sounds as boisterous as the Gods you hate! Serrana said to her spirit buddy.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 06, 2017, 09:27:39 pm »

Well, I can give you this hint. The charm is Abysslord's Bone, and it closed you all in the village, only way to escape is use of magic. It inverts all bonuses and gives additional -1 penalty until the battle is over. All kinds of hostile, escape and bonused actions get this penalty. User of the bone is obviously not affected by penalties.
No, Tir, it's not a one-time temporary thing. This is the condition of the battle.
Dark told us the mechanics of this thing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 06, 2017, 09:41:42 pm »

Well, I can give you this hint. The charm is Abysslord's Bone, and it closed you all in the village, only way to escape is use of magic. It inverts all bonuses and gives additional -1 penalty until the battle is over. All kinds of hostile, escape and bonused actions get this penalty. User of the bone is obviously not affected by penalties.
No, Tir, it's not a one-time temporary thing. This is the condition of the battle.
((Could I please ask details on how charms work? Because they seem really over the original assumption I have of 'trinket that minor boosts one's power'...

Also what is 'the duration of a battle'? Someone try to challenge the enemy on a one-on-one and then since the rest of us aren't in that battle, support that one fighter!))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - For whom the bell tolls [9/10]
« Reply #1588 on: October 06, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »

((Could I please ask details on how charms work? Because they seem really over the original assumption I have of 'trinket that minor boosts one's power'...

Also what is 'the duration of a battle'? Someone try to challenge the enemy on a one-on-one and then since the rest of us aren't in that battle, support that one fighter!))
They do whatever Dark declares they do. This can be passives that are exactly what you think, they can be passives like the one the Brute and this guy have that subvert major things that we try to use, and they can probably also provide actives skills, though I don't think we've seen anything like those yet.
As for "duration of battle"... *shrug*. Dark's verdict.

Shift to Ethereal Dragon Form, then activate Fire Dancer, and proceed to lay into this "Dread Knight" with both the Dragonruler Greatsword and the Dramei Warhammer. Also, make sure to continue being on fire.
Also, Dark, I shifted into Ethereal Dragon Form, not Shadow Dragon Form. There was discussion as to which way to go, but that was the one I'd settled on. I noticed you have the wrong one in the turn.

Well, yes, I support this petition, although of course I do I'm the one who's character suffers the most from this.
That being said, there's an issue with how this boss is balanced. With low-level characters with few bonuses, sure, his gimmick doesn't do much, but they're not powerful enough to kill him regardless, and it's easy enough for him to kill them. Meanwhile, for high-level characters who have likely accrued multiple bonuses and would be capable of damaging him and actually taking a hit, his gimmick makes them all likely to fail at anything they attempt to do, preventing them from dealing any real damage either as well as causing them to be unable to avoid his hits, resulting in much the same situation.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 06, 2017, 11:12:37 pm »

Maybe if the charm was for a single turn or this enemy wasn't so strong it would be fair.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 166