Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174398 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Darkriders and Cryptlords [9/10]
« Reply #1425 on: September 23, 2017, 07:56:28 am »

I described it earlier - you go 3 levels back (without losing skills or HP, but your kill to next level remains the same too). You can't go for incompatible classes eg. inq and exo.

You can multi class to alchemist right now.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 23, 2017, 08:01:40 am »

I described it earlier - you go 3 levels back (without losing skills or HP, but your kill to next level remains the same too).
Er... I'd just like to make sure that you realize that, unless somebody has an ability that gives higher bonuses based on their level, that cost is literally free. It doesn't take any of the skills or HP that comes with leveling, and it doesn't change how many kills it takes to level.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 23, 2017, 10:14:37 am »

And why multi-classing should have any costs? You take skills, bonuses and weaknesses of another class and get three levels down. Found loot is scaled accordingly to your level, enemies won't scale down though. Things you get from multi-classing are not that great at later levels, and are viable mostly for low level peasants.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 23, 2017, 10:25:48 am »

Found loot is scaled accordingly to your level, enemies won't scale down though.
Ah, ok. There's the part that discourages it. I don't think we actually knew that.
I'm just going to stay a Wanderer/Dragonruler, thanks.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 23, 2017, 02:19:35 pm »

Great Diplomat
-Bonus to trying non-combat actions in combat
-Bonus to talking, tryng to stop combat or making allies (Any diplomatic stuff, I guess)
-Bonus when helping teammates or doing cooperative stuff
-Extra HP (Probably not this, doesn't make sense with the rest of the bonuses)

Enchancements:
-Make Bond > Eternal Bond: I share all of Smoke's resistances, but not his weakness. [If he dies, he is saved and instead banished and after a (probably very long) time can be re-summoned, and if I die, Smoke will become stronger depending of how strong I was. (Just an Idea, maybe too strong)]
-Demonic Ambassador > Great Ambassador: Undead, Dark spirits and Demons are neutral to me, but just me. They still may become hostile later but they are more willing to maybe just ignore me. Or at least not attack instantly.

New Skills:
-Grand Cleansing: Removes all evil, corruption and/or taint of an undead, dark spirit or demon. They will regain their sanity, memories and minds, returning to what they used to be (not physically, but mentally and spiritually. They will still be undead/demon/dark spirit)
-Union: Can temporally fuse with Smoke to transform into a very strong human-demon hybrid. Too big too use normal human equipment or weapons, but very strong physically and keeping skills of both Smoke and me. Temporal and with a probable big cooldown, its a last resort ability.

Unless you have a problem or suggestion ill be going with this for the level ups and sub-class.

Rest, Smoke tries to find his way back here and searches the nearby area for any hostiles.

Hello, wanderer guy. How is the rest of the team doing? I am sorry for being absent for so long.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 23, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

Honestly, not sure. The peasant's been out for a while, as's the exorcist. The other demonologist, too, though I'm pretty sure he's not with that group. Where's the paladin? Last I saw, he was with you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 23, 2017, 05:22:12 pm »

Let's not talk about him anymore. Please.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31:15 pm »

...ok then. So, what've you seen while out and about?

[Seems pretty crazy that on the first 5 pages of the RTD board, only 6 games have more pages than us, and of those, 2 of them are 200+ (i.e. really long runners). Not to mention that we're almost at 100 pages. :)]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:37:15 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 23, 2017, 05:42:58 pm »

I would wait until we find the rest of the team. It's a very long story and everyone needs to hear it. Have you heard about the Unavented Cathedral or the Archangel Cilber?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 23, 2017, 05:46:28 pm »

Em, no. I tend to tune it out when people start discussing anything involving angels. Please recall, I'm a drakist.

(Translation: no, because I'm a dragon worshipper, and I stop caring when people start preaching at me.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 23, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »

Oh, I think you missunderstood. He wants to overthrow the gods. They don't really worship anything or anyone.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: September 23, 2017, 06:02:30 pm »

Oh.
Um.
Ok?

...I think I'm just going to keep working at this the way I've been doing.

[I sent NRDL an invitation to rejoin the game via PM. Just thought you should know.]

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 24, 2017, 04:06:01 pm »

Turn 63

Hello, wanderer guy. How is the rest of the team doing? I am sorry for being absent for so long. - Pguhyuh greeted Aaron once again, and asked. Honestly, not sure. The peasant's been out for a while, as's the exorcist. The other demonologist, too, though I'm pretty sure he's not with that group. Where's the paladin? Last I saw, he was with you. - dragonruler replied. Let's not talk about him anymore. Please. - great diplomat attempted to change topic as soon as dragonruler brought up the inquisitor. ...ok then. So, what've you seen while out and about? - Aaron replied without further inquiring and asked about diplomat's whereabouts, but received no information: I would wait until we find the rest of the team. It's a very long story and everyone needs to hear it. Have you heard about the Unavented Cathedral or the Archangel Cilber? - Pguhyuh asked. Em, no. I tend to tune it out when people start discussing anything involving angels. Please recall, I'm a drakist. - Aaron replied. Oh, I think you missunderstood. He wants to overthrow the gods. They don't really worship anything or anyone. - demonologist clarified.

[1] Oh. Um. Ok? ...I think I'm just going to keep working at this the way I've been doing. - Aaron said and decided to rest for a while, and sat beside the body of Cryptlord. He slowly drifted away, taken by his thoughts and desires to one of draconic fortresses and great temples. Then a bright flash revealed that the fortress was ruined! Broken siege machines outside of walls and demons roaming around. It seemed that after fierce battle, defendants just disappeared and let demons took the fortress.

[4] Great diplomat sat near dragonruler while smoke hunter got up and located them with his infravision, then joined them in resting.

[6] Waking up violently, Aaron shifted into dragon form with such speed and energy that he unleashed some kind of draconic energy that summoned a mysterious spirit! A tall, deformed humanoid wearing thick, golden scale armor, hood on it's head and it's face hidden behind a dark red cloth veil. The spirit was weilding an enormous spear.

[1 +2] It seemed that the spirit is up to no good, but then it spoke: You'd truly fit in the land of dragons, and might even become one of the immortals yourself. Too bad that all draconic fortress are now ruined and forgotten. Listen to my words dragonruler, and you shall become a dragonmaster! - the spirit said.

[Lysander: 1, Undead warrior: 3] Demonologist shot at one of halberd weilding undead, but the corpse dodged and bolt hit a rock, fracturing and sending back a dark discharge at Lysander!

[Naablvat: 2, Undead warrior: 4] Horned demon leapt at one of halberdiers, but got slashed at his chest before even getting close!

[Stumpy: 5, Undead warrior: 5] Stone gargoyle tried to stab another halbed weilding undead with his spear, but the attack was blocked!

[3 +1] It is always undead! Always with my trouble facing these creatures! - exorcist yelled, irritated. She used her living faith to protect herself.

[2 +1] Then she set a small healing prayer!

[5 +1] After she was done with faith healing, she started praying for others to succeed and fighting off the undead!

How would you do your revenge? - Serrana said to the spirit in her mind, adding in details that she was concerned with what it thinks of its eternal rest.

[2 +1] A vengeful spirit is put to rest after taking it's revenge. Gods should be punished for their arrogance! - Erlath's spirit replied.

[Erlath's spirit: 4, Undead warrior: 6] Erlath marked a glaive weilding warrior as target on his path of vengeance! A strange envelope formed all around it.

[4] Duke boosted his faith!

[Dennis: 2, Undead warrior: 3, Undead warrior: 3] Then he wildly charged at undead halberdiers in a frantic flurry, but both of them blocked his attack!

[Dennis: 5, Undead warrior: 6] Glaive guy! Destroy the inferior halberd guys! - Dennis successfully charmed the corpse, and it immediately went berserk!

[Undead warrior: 6, Undead warrior: 4, Undead warrior: 1] Glaive weilding undead started spinning with an extremely fast motion, attacking it's halberdier companions with a powerful whirlwind! One of the zombies gets quickly shredded to pieces, the other one jumps away and stops the whirlwing with a well timed stab!

[3] Inquisitor kept moving and climbed up on a small ledge, when suddenly Lyirah flied past him!

[5] She immediately noticed him and flied back, landing nearby on another ledge. I haven't expected any of you to find me. I assume that you resolved your conflict and can now focus on our journey? - demigoddess exclaimed and asked.

[Alexander: 4, Undead soldier: 5, Undead soldier: 4, Undead soldier: 6] Peasant put his hand in the air and clenched his fist, a dark lightning charging up in his hand. Then he hurled it at undead soldiers, but only one of them got hit and caught up in electric charge. It was badly wounded, but somehow still survived the attack!

[4] Alexander still able to harness power of belief despite of his taint and evil, and boosted his faith!

[Alexander: 4 +1, Zombie: 3, Zombie: 4, Zombie: 6, Zombie: 1, Zombie: 5, Undead soldier: 2] Then he ran right into the mob, swinging his demonsword wildly and trying to cut down as many undead as he could. Slashing furiously, he killed almost whole group! One of the zombies was dodging his attacks all the time and he Alexander focused too much on putting it down that another corpse managed to bite him. With a quick counter-attack he punched it and split it's head in half!

[Ghatzu: 5, Undead soldier: 2] Sightless priest formed a dark blade and charged, slashing down one of undead soldiers!

[1] Jonathen tried to boost his faith and let High Heavens guide him out of this situation, but it seemed impossible while little devil and rotting child was around!

[Jonathen: 1, Baby zombie: 1, Impling: 4] He tried to fall back, but the zombiefied baby chased him! He took out his longbow and shot at it, but missed. An impling then spat out an arrow out of it's demonic maw, which hit the zombiefied baby at head, killing it!

Impling: [8/10]
Baby zombie: Dead

Zombie: Dead
Undead soldier: Dead
Undead soldier: Dead
Undead soldier: [60/60]

Undead warrior (halberd): Dead
Undead warrior (halberd): [160/160]
Undead warrior (glaive): Charmed, -60 HP [100/160]

Team: Faith Healing, Prayer
Dennis: Faith Boost
Aaron: Rested, new skills learned
Pguhyuh: Well rested, new skills learned, subclass Great Diplomat
Alexander: 5 undead killed, +10 Taint, +5 evil, level up!
Serrana: Living faith, Prayer

Naablvat: -40 HP
Ghatzu: 1 undead killed

OOC

Decided to leave the roll-for skill thing as it was just too much of a hassle to keep and haven't changed too much in them.

Jonathen - RNGesus Saves. If not for that zombie [1], you'd be dead.

I'll update sheets and rest of the stuff tomorrow. A reminder that prayer stops working once you take any other action.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 24, 2017, 04:13:18 pm »

Dark Cleansing.
Slay the last one.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 24, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »

If Town fool's luck cool down is finished use it to shoot the imp, otherwise just try to keep something between me and the imp and use faith boost
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 166