Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 174618 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: Catacombs and undead sorcery [8/10]
« Reply #1185 on: August 29, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »

So, Dark, it should be 8 at night over there. How's the turn?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us: The Unavented [8/10]
« Reply #1186 on: August 29, 2017, 03:00:46 pm »

Turn 51

[3] Seeing that undead ocompletely ignored him gave Reynald more courage and he started running towards settlement in the distance. Sprinting amidst all the zombies was harder than expected and inquisitor often had to slow down to pass by groups of walking dead. He traversed only a quarter of the distance between him and settlement!

[6] Archangel Cilber, Lord of the Unavented Cathedral. It's an honor to finally meet you. - Demonologist and his demon companion approached archangel and awkwardly bowed down. Pguhyuh struggled to not fall over on tiled floor!

[2] You needn't bow. I'm not your ruler human. - Cilber replied, then said: You should remember that in the future, lest you want to repeat the cycle.

[1] Just get rid of that pesky peasant and let's get back our plans! - one of demigods shouted.

[1] Flock of gargoyles returned, awaiting archangel's order.

[2] Be more patient. We may need more allies for our plans to succeed. - Cilber replied, ordering gargoyles to fly away with a swift move of a hand.

[5] Forgive my companions. I see that you're not a warrior nor a priest, but a scholar, so my words won't hurt you as much. - archangel said, kneeling down to Pguhyuh so they could speak eye to eye. Truth can hurt, especially when it's so bitter. You must know that everyone in this place shares a common goal - to overthrow gods. Overthrow them,
 for their arrogance, impunity and suffering they brought over to the world.
- he paused for a moment - In the beginning, when elements and arcane were in their primal state nothing was as we see now. When elements settled down forming this world, Daemei were born from arcane. Primal beings born from the arcane, they weren't that much different from humanity. Their potential however was much smaller, as prime arcane energy was unstable. - Cilber started explaining creation of the world.

Then as the arcane settled to more stable and orderly form, gods were born. Their power was on par with Daemei. However, their potential was greater, as their arcane could be split and used to create other kinds of energy. This was enough for them to feel greater and stronger, and that they should rule over the world and Daemei. After some time, beasts and beastfolk came from elements. First children of elements, they were more in touch with physical, non-energetical world, but most of them were still able to harness arcane and it's split energies. - Archangel stopped for a while and sat on the ground. While more powerful than gods or Daemei, they didn't wanted to rule. They were driven by craving and their instincts. As you could say, they were wild. But when did humanity appear? - Cilber asked. Nothing seemed that someone else would come. Beasts and beastfolk obeying easily, Daemei and gods to rule them all. But then, realms merged and new kind of energy started flowing through the world. This opened way in for dragons, and gave birth to humans - the most powerful beings in existence, able to harness powers of both elements and arcane energies, with open minds and their nature balanced between order and chaos. After gaining enough wisdom and skill, you were all able to transcend into beings far greater than even visitors from outer realms! The last man to achieve it was called Seymour. But why don't you rule the world then? - Archangel asked once again.

Because of gods! First they made beasts and beastfolk obey by tampering with their instincts. Then they tricked Daemei into overthrowing their own king and set a horrible curse upon them, turning them into what we all know as demons and bringing insanity upon them. Then gods tricked humans - to make them eternally fight against their own kin and beastfolk. Seymour, the last transcended one was a great tool in godly machinations. But this wasn't enough. Gods fooled people, so they would be willingly stripped of their power by promising to end their everlasting wars. They weren't able to completely remove their powers - only limit them for some time. So gods came up with a solution for that - death. Death and rebirth - they created darkness and Underworld, then condemned humanity and every other beings to die and end up as undead mockery of their living forms in the abyss. Then they cast demons to the Underworld as well. - Cilber ended the tale about world and humanity.

Then he told more about gods and their plans: This wasn't enough though. As more gods appeared, the ancient ones stripped them of most of their powers and forces to serve them as angels. An archangel's role is to be a general over angelic legions. From the beginning, gods wanted praise and everyone to obey. When humanity started to turn away from them, they punished it by opening gates of Underworld and letting it face their final destination. To get rid of incoming gods and angels, they thrown demigods down here to die as well. When angels and archangels disobeyed, they were punished by losing most of power and getting sent here too. Our plan is to gather enough power to face ancient gods, and bring back the old order of the world. Will you aid us? - Cilber asked, waiting for Pguhyuh's response.

[3] Thanks for the save, erry'body. Time to rest! - Duke shouted, taking a seat on the ground and resting.

[5] Serrana leaned over the dust where lurker was previously and found something in it. A fragment of coiled metal bar. It pulsed with the same kind of energy that Aaron used against undead. Then she waited for Dennis to rest, staying watchful.

[1 +2] Aaron examined the shard further. It seemed that it bears great charge of dark energy, and that it's strenght never falls down or get higher.

[3 +2] Then he moved further in search of enemies to get rid off and found an undead warrior with a war bardiche, watching one of graves.

[4] Vivian followed Aaron to the place where undead warrior was.

[4] Alexander suddenly regained consciousness, feeling stronger after surviving such a strike despite his wounds. Some kind of mad bravery coming to him!

[Alexander: 4, Undead knight: 3] Peasant charged at the undead and stabbed through it's chest, killing it!

[6] Lysander and his companions entered the cathedral grounds, but had no idea where they could find Pguhyuh and Smoke. One of undeads noticed Lysander's confusion and asked: Is everything alright?

Undead knight: Dead
Undead warrior: [160/160]

Dennis: Rested
Aaron: 3 turns to turn back into human
Alexander: +2 evil, +1 taint, 1 undead killed
Serrana: Found a coiled bar

OOC

Coiled bar - can be used to unleash a nova of spiritual energy, 6 turns cooldown
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:06:36 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 29, 2017, 03:06:16 pm »

keep moving, force my way through the hordes if nessesary, just get ahead and keep ahead of the undead, or at least the majority of them!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 29, 2017, 03:10:46 pm »

Catch the undead warrior by surprise with a flurry of slashes!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 29, 2017, 03:51:51 pm »

"Thank y' kindly Serrana. Now, I'm thinking we should visit the shrine. You with me?"

Go to shrine, cleanse self.

Thanks for the lore, Dark.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:39:56 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 29, 2017, 04:27:13 pm »

Yes, I will. My objectives were the same as yours even before I came here. How can I help?
Help as much as possible
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 29, 2017, 04:33:49 pm »

Thanks for the lore, Dark.

Remember that nothing is true until it's confirmed in OOC...

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 29, 2017, 05:53:18 pm »

Yes, I will. My objectives were the same as yours even before I came here. How can I help?
Help as much as possible
Five bucks said he pulled a Mephistopheles on you, he looked into your heart for your desire, and is using it to trick you.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 29, 2017, 06:23:06 pm »

"Thank y' kindly Serrana. Now, I'm thinking we should visit the shrine. You with me?"
"Go back and recuperate before trying this place again? Yes."

Let's go back, cleanse some taint, and for myself, cleanse this charm!
Wonder if I can do anything else.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 29, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »

"That's a big one"

Try to blast the warrior's weapon out of it's hand
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 29, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »

Yes, would you kindly show me the way to the fallen angel who runs this place?

Learn the way, and then move to where the fallen angel is.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 29, 2017, 06:36:40 pm »

"That's a big one"

Try to blast the warrior's weapon out of it's hand
You're not using the bar, right? The bar does a nova; it would hurt me. Potentially a lot.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 29, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »

How do you know about the angel?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 29, 2017, 08:17:05 pm »

How do you know about the angel?
Good question. I didn't tell anything about it in his presence.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 29, 2017, 08:17:50 pm »

I think DO said it's fine to have our characters know about what the other characters know about.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 166