Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32757 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 2
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2017, 08:36:36 am »

Also, I have no idea what's in those letters between the Barnstocks and the Bannerlands, but either there's an argument, a terrifying alliance or an imminent war between them brewing, based on how many messengers are running between the kingdoms.  o_o
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2017, 08:44:54 am »

Well, to be honest, I think you should surrender to us right now if you want any chance to save your bacon.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2017, 08:49:23 am »

I think you should kill Sheb for that horrible pun. :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2017, 08:55:00 am »

I think you should kill Sheb for that horrible pun. :P

Ok, it's was a bit ham-fisted, but not that bad surely? I don't think Iituem will be pig-headed about this. It's not his sty-le.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2017, 08:55:41 am »

BTW: Can a trade route be created in the same turn that it becomes a possibility... Say if. Uh. Revakn takes W owldale, can we start trading with the Novatech right away if we leave a conditional and thus get the trade income for spending next turn... Or would we need to wait a turn and the official taking of the territory before we can sign the agreement?

Also I heard mention of surrender, are we already at the point where we surrender to Sheb? Because that normally takes place like, at least five turns into these games doesn't it? Seems a bit soon to start doing it on turn 2.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:09 am »

Ok, it's was a bit ham-fisted, but not that bad surely? I don't think Iituem will be pig-headed about this. It's not his sty-le.

...Alright, those who wish to remove such dastardly and abhorrent punnery from Arcania say Aye.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 19, 2017, 09:01:45 am »

You need to start the turn in a state where you can open the trade route.

I suppose declaring Sheb the victor now would help avoid burnout on my part too, but I'd also feel that the effort I put into this wasn't worth it yet :P

Taricus, I may just be a glutton for pun-ishment but I think you're being a bit of a boar.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2017, 09:12:47 am »

Argh! The puns, they burn! :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2017, 09:34:13 am »

Argh! The puns, they burn! :P

Hogwash. It snout my sty-le to make bad puns.

KAshyyk: Does that also mean that I need first to order a caravan to end its trip and can only sign a trade deal the next turn?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:39:45 am by Sheb »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2017, 10:21:17 am »

KAshyyk: Does that also mean that I need first to order a caravan to end its trip and can only sign a trade deal the next turn?
Correct.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2017, 10:56:31 am »

Can units move before loading onto a ship and sailing away?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2017, 11:04:47 am »

They can move before getting on the ship or after getting off,  but not both.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2017, 11:14:01 am »

Are caravans able to move onto water territories without a dedicated vessel to transport them?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2017, 11:30:43 am »

Pursuant to that, can you stage an amphibious assault on a territory?  i.e. If you move a ship from a sea territory onto a hostile land territory, do all the shipboard ground units attack with it, or only the ship?  Or do you have to move ground units from the sea territory onto the land territory to make the attack?  For that matter, can ships attack coastal targets themselves?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2017, 12:39:30 pm »

Are caravans able to move onto water territories without a dedicated vessel to transport them?
Under the same restrictions add any other unit yes.  By which I mean it takes a whole turn to cross one sea space and it has to end its turn on land.

Pursuant to that, can you stage an amphibious assault on a territory?  i.e. If you move a ship from a sea territory onto a hostile land territory, do all the shipboard ground units attack with it, or only the ship?  Or do you have to move ground units from the sea territory onto the land territory to make the attack?  For that matter, can ships attack coastal targets themselves?
to avoid  the -8 penalty to amphibious landings,  the units must be transported by ship into the costal territory. Then all embarked units plus the ships will fight against any defending force.

On this theme, I am also considering splitting most of the ocean spaces into multiple smaller ones. Watch this space.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31