Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 10  (Read 32771 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 1
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2017, 06:34:17 pm »

Turn 2 – Charity Starts at Home
Summer, 1001AD

After a violent beginning, new nations of Arcanus turn their attention inwards, to the recuperation of their forces and the development of their people.

Spoiler: Storm Empire (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Novatechs (Papaj) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pollock (Nirur Torir) (click to show/hide)

Quote from: New Technology
Diplomacy I
Unlocks Diplomats. Unlocks Diplomat Hero Promotion.

Quote from: New Unit
Diplomat: £500. Cannot attack. Defence 0. Upkeep £20. Can perform Diplomatic Operations. Tech: Diplomacy
In situations where armies and great deeds of valour may prove ineffective, a gentle word and a greased palm can work miracles.

Quote from: New Hero Promotion
Diplomat: £500. Upkeep £20. Can perform Diplomatic Operations as a Diplomat. Any situation that would force the hero to be expelled/killed cannot be resisted, unless the Hero has units to lead in combat. Expelling occurs as normal, but in any situation where the hero would be killed, they are instead captured.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:20:16 pm by Kashyyk »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (4X) Fiefdoms at War - Turn 2
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2017, 06:48:25 pm »

I'm ready to get my wrecking.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 06:54:01 pm by Criptfeind »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2017, 06:49:13 pm »

Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2017, 06:56:56 pm »

Spoiler: League Orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 08:24:34 pm by RulerOfNothing »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2017, 07:15:44 pm »

Spoiler: Pollock Orders (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2017, 11:37:55 pm »

((W-why do I only have 1 maceman when I had 3 damaged units that were macemen? o_O
> Also ANY/ALL heroes just raise the strength of their unit by +5; this also follows diplomat heroes and their attachment to diplomat units?
> Also to whom does the Caravan give its +300 profits to? Both nations involved?
> Also, to assume for 'blank' regions--Forest = Lumber; Plains = Grain(?)...or should, or is it explicitly stated?
> For example take my region, Beaton N [hah, disclosure]--it is blank--this means I can't build a sawmill despite it being a forest?
> And the 'access to' buildings mean 'restricted by territory', as in 'only as much as what you own in this certain territory' even if a region borders a territory with its boosting resources?
> Also to clarify: Region = One bordered province/land/sea tile; Territory = A cluster of regions in colored border
> And lastly; if we invest personally in a research--it gets unlocked for everyone?))

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:22:35 am by Tiruin »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2017, 12:09:03 am »

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2017, 01:28:34 am »

Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:31 am »

((W-why do I only have 1 maceman when I had 3 damaged units that were macemen? o_O Only one unit managed to escape after the defeat.  The rest were cur down as they fled.
> Also ANY/ALL heroes just raise the strength of their unit by +5; this also follows diplomat heroes and their attachment to diplomat units? all units give a bonus. The diplomat promotion gives additional abilities.
> Also to whom does the Caravan give its +300 profits to? Both nations involved? The originating country only. And it's £300 per territory of distance.  Longer journeys mean more money.
> Also, to assume for 'blank' regions--Forest = Lumber; Plains = Grain(?)...or should, or is it explicitly stated?
> For example take my region, Beaton N [hah, disclosure]--it is blank--this means I can't build a sawmill despite it being a forest? Each territory has a 50% chance of having a resource,  and they can be any. More likely to get things that makes sense though, like iron in the mountains.
> And the 'access to' buildings mean 'restricted by territory', as in 'only as much as what you own in this certain territory' even if a region borders a territory with its boosting resources? "Access to" buildings like marketplaces use and resource that you physically have in your nation and any resources you get from trade,  regardless of where they are.  "Required by" buildings need that resource to be in the same territory.
> Also to clarify: Region = One bordered province/land/sea tile; Territory = A cluster of regions in colored border wrong way around. Territory is the smaller one
> And lastly; if we invest personally in a research--it gets unlocked for everyone?)) No, you unlock it only for you,  but it does make it easier for other people.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2017, 01:45:48 am »

> Also, to assume for 'blank' regions--Forest = Lumber; Plains = Grain(?)...or should, or is it explicitly stated?
> For example take my region, Beaton N [hah, disclosure]--it is blank--this means I can't build a sawmill despite it being a forest? Each territory has a 50% chance of having a resource,  and they can be any. More likely to get things that makes sense though, like iron in the mountains.
> Also to clarify: Region = One bordered province/land/sea tile; Territory = A cluster of regions in colored border wrong way around. Territory is the smaller one
Bakery £200. Requires Farm. Upkeep £20/turn. Generates income equal to 30% of basic income per turn. Tech: Fermentation I
Brewery £500. Requires Farm. Upkeep £10/turn. Generates income equal to 20% of basic income per turn. Generates the Beer resource. Tech: Fermentation I
So these are region-wide? As in only if there's a farm within the region, but the income is Nation-wide?

Also on those with 'blank' resources, we can't infer resources from them then? Like if the territory is 'forested', we can't infer 'lumber'? :O

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2017, 02:01:47 am »

Those are restricted to territories with farms in. Not much help right now because you can only have one industry building per territory, but research will change that.

If a resource isn't explicitly mentioned it's not available no.  There are some trees in forested territories and others, but not enough good quality ones to constitute a resource.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2017, 02:09:39 am »

It is a great day as the Kingdom of Yorturim is being formed.

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)

Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2017, 03:04:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2017, 03:10:05 am »

Those are restricted to territories with farms in. Not much help right now because you can only have one industry building per territory, but research will change that.
This wasn't explicit in the OP so I was confused. THank you for clarification! :3

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2017, 03:23:11 am »

A lot of the original rules can be bent/broken with appropriate research.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31