Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23469 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2017, 08:53:48 am »

We will have to trust that Róisín is ok.

As for us ourselves, time to enter into the place and get Deorgar. Alive. If he doesn't resist too much.
Ćstrid, on the other hand get our undying gratitude for staying alive. Screw her saving our life. We threw that away when we thought she was gone. She is alive and that's what matters.
That aside, once we have Deorgar, we will have to bring him to the center of town. Hold a sort of trial. Let the people he has wrong decide his fate. Either way, he will be striped of his right to rule due to him stealing that right from another, though lies and falsehoods. And then we reveal Tarquin, and explain the trials he went though to get back here to right the wrongs made by that man.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2017, 01:00:45 pm »

We will have to trust that Róisín is ok.

As for us ourselves, time to enter into the place and get Deorgar. Alive. If he doesn't resist too much.
Ćstrid, on the other hand get our undying gratitude for staying alive. Screw her saving our life. We threw that away when we thought she was gone. She is alive and that's what matters.
That aside, once we have Deorgar, we will have to bring him to the center of town. Hold a sort of trial. Let the people he has wrong decide his fate. Either way, he will be striped of his right to rule due to him stealing that right from another, though lies and falsehoods. And then we reveal Tarquin, and explain the trials he went though to get back here to right the wrongs made by that man.
[/quote]
The chants and calls of clebration ring in the air, as you quicky discuss you're next move.

"We should march on Deorgar's villa with all haste and take him alive, If we can."
"That dareing even for you honey, we haven't yet heard back from Róisín and men sent to attack the villa."Ćstrid points outs
"Ćstrid is right, we should say here and get ready to repuse Deorgar's counter attack, not split our forces now at a vital moment." Tarquin argues.

"But now the time to strike, he's distracted and unprepared.
Look Tarquin you stay here, I'll go and see what Deorgar's up to, it's better that we know what he plans right?" Tarquin relents a little at the idea..
"Youre not going any where near a fight without me, husband." Ćstrid tells you blunty.
---------------
As you saddle the horses, you try to express your gratitude to Ćstrid.

"...But what im saying is-"
"What your saying is your a hothead that failed to even check for a moment.
I don't need your gratitude, you would of done the same for me.
Now pass me that crossbow an stop worrying."

The travel takes you an hour untill your in the hills above Deorgar' walled villa.
From some bushs near the walls you see that things have not go well.

You can see a dozen armed guards, each wearing a brozne cuirass and looking alert.

"Well where that archer to hired gone? she's ment to be here Peter." Ćstrid asks you.
Nothing much seems to be happaning, when you see a man that maches Deorgar's description, over weight with long hair and pointed beard, walk out on to a balcony.
He stagers an sways as he walks a few yards before he loudy pukes over the railing.

Once finshed he shouts some thing an a woman is dragged out by two guards.
It's Róisín, here hands are in chains as the men pull her in frount of Deorgar.
She tieed to the railing and Deorgar says some thing in her ear before he pukes again and returns inside.

1: Try to Sneak in and free Róisín
2: Try to Sneak in and kill Deorgar?
3: Try to shoot Deorgar?
4: Ride back to get the others?

Maps
Spoiler: Area map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valtí map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The walled villa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map of Peristérion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions

Mercenaries
Spoiler: Leader:Róisín (click to show/hide)
Archers 14:20
Horsemen 16:20
Velitia the Spy

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2017, 07:05:53 pm »

1. Our goal is to free her, then escape. This is going to be a long war. We also need to get back I to contact with our spie.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

1. Our goal is to free her, then escape. This is going to be a long war. We also need to get back I to contact with our spie.
1,bad 2 not too bad, running away 5, spy 4.

The both of you creep to the foot of the wall.
Ćstrid gives you a lift up and you grab the top of the wall.
But as you start to pull your self up the stone work comes lose and you fall.

Your head rings as you crawl to your feet.
A horn blares from the nearst tower an Ćstrid raise her crossbow.

"Run Peter! Run!" Ae shouts as she fire towards the tower.

As you run back towards the houses, a javen skips off the rocks beside you.
Climbing in to the saddle you turn back to ae rushing to meet you.
You try to fire a few arrows as the men rushing about the walls but blood runs in to your eyes.

Your flight from the villa iss fast and your soon back at Valtí.

"There done honey, now you need to buy a helmet i'd hate to see your pretty face get hurt.."Ćstrid gives you a kiss on the cheek.

With the cut to your scalp treated you desiced to get back in contact with Velitia the spy.
The inside of the Bull and Ball is smokey from the fire but you find an empty corner and wait for Velitia.

"...What was the hell was your plan?
What can it tell you?
I can tell you not to kick the hornets nest like that.
You sent 15 men to attack his house when it's holding a festival.

The only good new is we now know that Deorgar's forces are about 150 in total."

(Tarquin has been doing some thing right?)

Maps

Companions

Mercenaries
Velitia the Spy
[/quote]

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2017, 03:25:34 am »

Well, they are going to notice that a good chunk of their ruling place is no longer making them money, soon, so they will come to investigate, under the assumption that, it was taken over, since, well, we failed, horrifically, to take the other place, and we tipped the fact that Róisín wasn't working alone, by trying and failing to rescue her.

We will need go get the people living here on our side. And the only way to do that is to quickly prove we are better people than Deorgar. Let's see if the place we took has any money in it. If there is, we need our spy to find out, who in the acropolis is owed money by Deorgar, and have them sent to us. Pay each of them most, though not all of what they are owed, until we are down to a quarter of the money left, and then use the rest to beef up our numbers.

(TL;DR: Raid the fort we just captured, and make the money to have Tarquin Pay Deorgar's debts to the people.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2017, 05:36:47 pm »

(I just had good news with my brother getting the glorious words, no signs of cancer left.  :)
The bad news for you is i'm away next week, so the next update might be last one for awhile)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2017, 05:38:16 pm »

(I am fine with that. Glad to see your brother is at the high point. Here is to hoping it stays there.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2017, 02:31:38 pm »

(TL;DR: Raid the fort we just captured, and make the money to have Tarquin Pay Deorgar's debts to the people.)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

You head into the keep to see if you can find anything thing worth takeing or selling.
While you do find a pile of dust crossbow bolts and a some cracked and rotted leather armour, there nothing left worth anything.

You meet back up with a busy looking Tarquin in the town square.

"There bad news Tarquin, it's Róisín she's been captured." you tell him.
"Then we must look to our defences, he will come to investigate and if he tries easily force us out.
We are too few right now, but i have a plan to change that, Deorgar is unpopular, a fat yoke on the people's backs.
Today we have shown that rules is ended here, tomorrow i’ll hold a festival, just a small one to show how i am the better ruler. “
“Sounds risky what if he attacks?” Ćstrid asks

“We’ll hide in the keep, we don’t have the men to fight him anyway.

"Now i need one of you too, take this and the fastest ship in port, get more men, i don't care who just that they can fight and be back soon, i figure we have a week, no more.”

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2017, 10:23:35 am »

Well, on to the second part. And the hardest. We need fighting men. A lot of them. So, we will take the ship, with the captain, we go to the nearest port, and we will raise one. We will take the beggars to work for their pay, and trained men get pay and then work, and then more pay after.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2017, 05:22:22 am »

Well i'm back and heres what i got to. :D
Yep the battle at grolsch land Grolle/Groenlo, much grolsch was drunk and fun had.
(The german scots really screw with your mind when you mix them up with the scottish scots.)

Well, on to the second part. And the hardest. We need fighting men. A lot of them. So, we will take the ship, with the captain, we go to the nearest port, and we will raise one. We will take the beggars to work for their pay, and trained men get pay and then work, and then more pay after.

Spoiler: Rolls time (click to show/hide)

The port is full of poor men and men with little, but try as you might none but the poorest of the beggars and cripples will join you, and even then you're forced to pay minor fines and debits.
Many are suspicious of you fearing at you will press then into slavery or fall to pay them, you try to quell their fears by leaving half their wages at the temple.

Even so it’s clear to you that any man with another way to fill his belly would prefer not to follow you on such a risky venture.

As night falls to look at the two dozen men, many of them sleeping indoors for the first time in weeks, it’s a pitty full force many of them are clearly weakened by disease, hunger or injuries.

You look out at the boat in harbour as flames flash in it’s hold.
There you're hired mercenaries, Sherden, the sea people, feared raiders across the coast.
Men that know no home butt the waves and no trade but the blade and the net.

The trip back is swift but uneasy, the beggars fear the Sherden and they fear disease and  are constantly making signs to their sea goddess.
This does not go down well with the beggars who you so find sat out the way in the hold.

As the town of Valtí comes into view to see smoke rising into sky, and no flag to welcome you back.
The boat barely time to dock before you leap from it and rush to the main keep.
The Sherden are close behind you as rush through the keeps gate, nearly impaling yourself on the old masion’s spear.

You slow to a rapid walk as he bids to follow him.

It’s a dark and small room your lead to but warm and filled with the love of life.
Ćstrid sits in the bed, her left arm bandaged.
“Peter!” she shouts as she leaps to her feet to embrace you.
You start to discuss your mission when Tarquin limps in the room, clearly in pain and walking with a stick.

“Peter! Good to see your back safe i take these are the men i sent for?”
Tarquin sits down on the chair and Ae passes him a bowl.

“There some of them, there were few willing to come.
How are things here? Your hurt both of you, Deorgar has attack us we’ve fought him off that much i can see.” and so you start to plan.

Maps

Companions

Mercenaries
Velitia the Spy

Townes men: 30:30
Beggars: 24:24
Sherden (light swordsmen): 50:50

Deorgar Forces
Hoplite 100?
Crossbowmen 30?
Horsemen 20?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2017, 09:53:11 pm »

Our archers, the beggers, and the Sheriden are staying in the walls. I want to send our horsemen and townsfolk out to sea, a short distance away. When they come and attack us in our fortified positions, we hold them off. Most likely they will have their hoplites try to take the wall. Thats where our Townsfolk and horsemen will come in, the horsemen tearing into their crossbowmen, and retreating back into the town, and the townsfolk using the terrain to pick the enemy horsemen apart.

(( lotsa gunshots. . . ))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2017, 11:46:48 pm »

Our archers, the beggars, and the Sheriden are staying in the walls. I want to send our horsemen and townsfolk out to sea, a short distance away. When they come and attack us in our fortified positions, we hold them off. Most likely they will have their hoplites try to take the wall. That's where our Townsfolk and horsemen will come in, the horsemen tearing into their crossbowmen, and retreating back into the town, and the townsfolk using the terrain to pick the enemy horsemen apart.

(( lotsa gunshots. . . ))

So your plan is to loop around and attack his siege camps rear.

Rolls
time 1 so nowish
defence archers 1 really crap, short of ammo
attacking archers 6 do really well, there all but unopposed
attackers camp 3 there camp is undefended without any posted look outs.
Holding the walls 4
Loop around 3.

--------------
As you finish your plan a horn blow from the guard tower.
“Here that come again!” Ćstrid shout as she draw her sword with her good arm.
“Peter, we have to do now! send out the ship before he can see!” Tarquin tells you.

As Deorgar’s forces come into view, you finally get a chance to see them in full.
It's a well dressed Host of men as they march in ranks towards you.
You count 90 Hoplites in shining bronze helmets and breastplates.
Beside them is twenty crossbow on each side.

A crossbow bolt flys over the wall as Deorgar’s men start work on a sap towards your walls.
Your archers are almost out of arrows unable to fire on the miners.

It’s late in the day when under cover of there crossbow men, the Hoplites rush with ladders to the walls.
What few rocks and stones, your men throw down are more symbolic then deadly but the walls have not let fallen.

For you have upper hand, the short swords of the Sherden are deadly on narrow walls and the attackers are cutdown in swift fashion.

As darkness fall a sense of unease fills you, for while your men hold the wall, Deorgar can not overwhelm you with his greater numbers, but for how much long will you hold them?
There sap has advanced at a rate of knots and will reach the walls soon.

You hear the sound hoofs beats in the distance, a torch shines on the hill beyond Deorgar’s camp and it starts.

Horsemen rush into the camp, casting around with steel and flame, setting much thing aflame.
As quickly as that arrived the horse men leave and ride straight into the safety of the walls.

While Deorgar’s men try to save their encampment, the townsmen attack, trapping their foes in the burning camp.

Surrounded the Men make a large circle of shields spears facing outwards.

You can hear the shouting of a man, Deorgar you assume.
“Fight! Get! Them! That’s what i pay your for!” he’s angry and waving a jeweled sword.

But the men don’t move, then a tall man with eye patch turns and looks up at the walls.

“You there Tarquin! We de---” A spear from the townsmen hammers into his chest.
“Death to Deorgar” a man shouts.
Then the night erupts in blood and screams as the desperate Hoplites cut their way thru the rabble of townsmen and off into the night.

The next morning when you're overseeing the filling of the sap and you get Velitia the spys report.

“Many of Deorgar’s man are disgruntled and have left his ranks, but he’s angered by his failure to take the walls.
Threatening them with harsh punishments if they fail again.”

(Your notice that your forces currentty out number D's by a fair bit
But there other things you could do then just attacking..)

Maps

Companions

Mercenaries
Archers 12:20
Horsemen 14:20
Velitia the Spy

Townes men: 10:30
Beggars: 20:24
Sherden (light swordsmen): 35:50

Deorgar's Forces
Hoplite 20?
Crossbowmen 10?
Horsemen 5?

[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2017, 12:22:43 am »

((I must say, beautifully written. The suspense was just right for this.))

Send our spy out with one of the horsemen, see if he can get the disgruntled men to join us in attacking Deorgar's last loyal men, as both a bit of revenge against his disastrous leadership, and to at least leave with a small bit of coin in their pocket. Maybe by way of a fancy sword.

As for us and our men, we attack in the early part of the evening. We leave behind the beggers and the archers (maybe they can loot the dead of their crossbows) to defend the wall.
The rest of us attack head on, and bull rush them while they are still weak.

"Ćstrid, let us show them what a real fight looks like."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2017, 10:42:36 pm »

First off i've got good news about my brother, he's been give the clear from the cancer after surgery  :) :) :)
The bad new for you is i'm a little drunk so thr update is short.

As soon as they're ready you send out the horse men with orders to spy on Deorgar’s men and see recruit them.

While your horse men return without any new  recruits but there able to tell you that many of Deorgar’s men have fled and are seeking travel away.

With Deorgar weaked you decide to strike back and attack.
You quicky march on Deorgar’s villa, in the darkness you see that it is almost empty.
On the hill above the villa,Ae fells a small tree, she smiles at you as she flexes her arm.

The attack on the villa goeswell, the swords men swarm to wards the wall and the log ram cracks open gateway into the villa.
“Now Ćstrid, let us show them what a real fight looks like."

Ćstrid dons her helmet and starts to rap her sword on her shield as you enter the villa.

It’s a bull rush of battle, Deorgar’s men are scattered and so are quickly overwhelmed by your numbers.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2017, 11:29:37 pm »

Take as many alive as possible. Especially Deorgar. And see if we can find Róisín.
Give each person left with Deorgar a choice. "Live under Tarquin's rule, or suffer the same fate as the man who has constantly betrayed his oath to the people."
Afterwards, let the Villagers decide what happens to the man.

(It's fine, and I am glad. This is the first time I have actually heard of that happening, so congratulations on beating my odds.)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15