Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23443 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »

Take as many alive as possible. Especially Deorgar. And see if we can find Róisín.
Give each person left with Deorgar a choice. "Live under Tarquin's rule, or suffer the same fate as the man who has constantly betrayed his oath to the people."
Afterwards, let the Villagers decide what happens to the man.

(It's fine, and I am glad. This is the first time I have actually heard of that happening, so congratulations on beating my odds.)
Lucky the odds are quite good for testicular cancer, but it get worse as it spreads.
Still you can see why you don’t hear much about it, its a bit embarrassing.

Inside the villa in a maze of rooms and hallways filled with drapes and statutes.

“Drop the sword!”You  shout at the first Hoplite you see.
He laughs at the idea and takes a swing at Æstrid.

You run him through as she blocks the blow.
The hallways soon swarm with men and blood as the vengeful townsmen, farmers and Sherden pirates fight against the last of Deorgar’s men who have chosen to die with harness on there backs!

You make your way up stairs and kick open the door to an opulent room.

Deorgar is busy stuffing fistfulls of jewelry and coins into a bag, on seeing you, he raises a sword.

“Well are going to use that or not ! Fight or Yield!” Æstrid shouts.
Deorgar drops the blade and turns in hurling himself towards the window.
But has he tries to climb out through the window, his years gluttony betray him and he is stuck fast around the waist.

Æstrid sits on top of bound Deorgar as you leave to look around.
As the Sherden turn over the upper room you head down into the cellar.
Beside casks of wine, you finded a ragged Róisín chained to a pilla, just as Deorgar said.

As you drag Deorgar through the town gates, a large crowed is there to meet to you.
Then it happens, “There! Kill the tyrant!” “ one man shouts and another joins him.
In moments every one seems to be baying for his blood.
A knife is rase to sky and the crowd surges forwards.
In moments Deorgar is killed, stabbed and beaten the mob with his arms still bound behind his back.

That evening you're sitting alone in the tavern, you don’t really feel like celebrating the death of Deorgar for some reason.

“Peter, Æstrid we need to talk.
It’s that well, i won't be coming with you both, i have to stay here.
Not for ever, but for now there a lot of work to be done.
If you're ever nearby do come and visit.”

(Tarquin Hostilius has left the party, as have the Mercenaries)

A: To the Kingdom of Aquilonia to find out more about your mother.
B: To the Cassiterides to find out more about your sword and maybe your mother. (Hire Róisín as a guide?)

Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2017, 12:23:56 am »

I say B. Because then we can have a new tag-along. Which means I would like to have Róisín as a guide.
Now. . .  Let's see what our full title would be.

Peter, wealder of the Cassiteride bowel ripper, who has faced the Kjallak and lived, once commander of Vraethum's army, slayer of Iewaelle the foul Sorceress, and Regainer of Tarquin's birthright, husband of Æstrid.

Not long enough. We need more accomplishments
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:47:49 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:48 pm »

B, but hide the sword lest it be from someone important and they think you stole it.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2017, 09:52:00 pm »

I say B. Because then we can have a new tag-along. Which means I would like to have Róisín as a guide.
Now. . .  Let's see what our full title would be.

Peter, wealder of the Cassiteride bowel ripper, who has faced the Kjallak and lived, once commander of Vraethum's army, slayer of Iewaelle the foul Sorceress, and Regainer of Tarquin's birthright, husband of Æstrid.

Not long enough. We need more accomplishments
B, but hide the sword lest it be from someone important and they think you stole it.

“You want to go there!? Why on earth do you want to do that? You must be mad.” Róisín laughs.
“My reasons are my own, i can pay you well, Róisín be my guide? just for a month will you?”
“You haven’t the gold to pay me to go back there.
There’s not enough gold between the earth and moon to make me go back.
But i’ll go, not for gold but for myself.
Keep your coins Peter.” Róisín

The boat slowly makes it way to the fog coast of the Cassiterides.
It’s a land covered in mist and twisted tangled trees.
As the boat moors, horn echos from the foggy hills above you, the captain winches.
You reach for your sword, but you've hide it sword inside your pack.
“There are reasons no sane man would come here, this is a forsaken place without kings or councils.
Home to nought but beasts and wild men...” the captain mutters.

“Please don't worry my husband with talk of nonsense, you’ll be here in months time as we agreed.” Æstrid pass him half his payment.

“I’ll have the other half now, you never know what might happen..“ he starts to mutter.
But he cut short by a shout from Róisín, it's in a tongue you don't understand, Cassiterite probably.
The hornman stops and captain takes a look at Róisín as she throw her shirt over board.
The sight of her cassiterite tattoos stills him from any more argument.

“I do have some assistance, one month.” you tell the captain as you set foot on the sandy shore.

A) Ask around?
B)  The soccer, an aged and withered man, who might remember your mother's visit.
C) Caves, there are deep and labyrinth caves on the island, a place where strange things and treasures are found.

Companions
Spoiler: Róisín (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Róisín'd profile pic (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2017, 11:27:33 pm »

C. our goal is our mother.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2017, 04:11:58 am »

C. our goal is our mother.

"No, you go i'll stay here and keep eye on the horses."  Róisín tells you as she looks around nervously.

You tie an Ariadne thread around the tree and head deep inside the earth.

As you crawl deep inside the earth, you see a marking on the cave wall, a scratched cross and a line pointing deeper inside.

Progress is slow, as walk on narrow paths, climb down chasms and wide open caves.
The you start to see thing, broken pots, old bones and then finally you come to the end of the trail, there a dead man.
There little more than a rotted skeleton, still clad in a bronze scale vest and with a sword in hand.

As your eyes follow the last marking, you see steps rising up as something stirs loudly in the darkness.

A) Press on wards.
B) Back to the light day and way from this dark cave.

Companions

[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2017, 11:23:26 pm »

Well. I ment B, but, let's own the mistake.
A. For ever onward!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2017, 06:05:06 am »

Well. I ment B, but, let's own the mistake.
A. For ever onward!

You head up the step into a large cavern, filled with funerary pots and stone sarcophagus.
Looking around your find one that has already been opened, inside is a mummy, and amungst the gold rings and rotted bangeds is a sword.
A sword you recognize almost for your own, the handle is decaded but the blade looks untouched by time.

In other half open tombs you can see armour, weapons and gold all there for the taking..

For a moment you can think of nothing else but then there's a shrek from Æstrid .
Standing the darkness is something, it looks like a man, but smaller and with slimey off white skin.
There's a sicking kissing sound as it comes closer, it's mouth is leech like maw of fangs.
The leech man stares at Æstrid as another one call back behind you.

You reach for your dagger and something slams into your back.
You fall and leechman ties to bite at your face, you try to push it away, as another piles on you.
As you stab the leech man and throw him away, you feel teeth bite into your leg.
Kicking it way you stage to your feet with one leg feeling limp and numb.

Æstrid stands with her back to cave wall, surrounded by them, in one hand she holds a thrash leachman, in the other her sword flashes at the baying pack.
As the blade chops the monster in half, the rest of them flee into the darkness.

You sit down and let Æstrid look at the bite on leg as you decide what to do next.

Companions

[/quote]
[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2017, 06:38:53 am »

Examine her for any injury. If she happens to be hurt, then we are leaving, due to "there being too many of us injured." We will take the head of the leechman with us, though. Obviously they will fall to the sword, but we need to know anything else there is about them.

In fact, we should go back into town. To the soccer (assuming you ment sorcerer) , and see talk to them about the labyrinth, and why there is a sword just like our mothers, in there.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2017, 01:24:37 pm »

Examine her for any injury. If she happens to be hurt, then we are leaving, due to "there being too many of us injured." We will take the head of the leechman with us, though. Obviously they will fall to the sword, but we need to know anything else there is about them.

In fact, we should go back into town. To the soccer (assuming you ment sorcerer) , and see talk to them about the labyrinth, and why there is a sword just like our mothers, in there.

Rolls
Ae injured 4

"Are you alright? they didn't bite you did they?" you ask Æstrid
"No it tried but my armour held."  Æstrid finish warping your leg.
"Good but i'm injured and there’s nothing here just the dead..."
You take the severed head of a leechman before you crawl back out of the caves and into the welcome light of day.

With Róisín as your guide, you head in land after the sorcerer.

Finally on your path crosses with an old age less man, his body worn by countless years.

"So you have come, The one that style himself as Peter, wielder of the Cassiteride bowel ripper, who has faced the Kjallak and lived, once commander of Vraethum's army, slayer of Iewaelle the foul Sorceress, and Regainer of Tarquin's birthright, husband of Æstrid.

And you are the one that hides, one that would be the lover but your the slave, one that's fate is ruled by another is it not Æstrid? Come you both have questions don't you." the man's eyes twinkle as he talks.

You follow him into a small hut, and are welcomed inside to sit by a warm fire with a little puppy dog.

“You have come to ask me questions have you not?
Well you will have to take turns, Æstrid you first, we'll let your husband think for a minute."
When Æstrid returns  from the side room with an impassive look on her face.

“Now what you want to know Peter?”

"The labyrinth down in the caves, i found this -You pull the leechmans head from your pack-."

"Oh one of them, well you've kick the hornet's nest but worry not, the leechmen are cowardly and seldom stray far into the light of day.
Some farmers will lose some sheep that all.
And now you have a second question.”

"I found a sword just like this one in labyrinth, what can you tell me about it?”
On seeing your sword his eyes light up.

"Where did you get the sword?" he asks you more intensely.
"It was my mother's before she passed it to me.” you tell him.
"Then why on earth did you go into the labyrinth and crypts?!
As for the swords, the middle men put them there, weapons to fight with in there next life.
The labyrinth was built by them as well, a place for their warriors to rest until they came back to live for there final battle alongside their gods.

You seek some one, but it will take three of you to find what you seek.
But what do you seek? a ghost?  Gold power? a woman? Your kin?”

You go to sleep still wondering what it is your after.
In the morningg you dised to head to:
A: Aquilonia, keeping on the tail of your sword path.
B:The warring Volscian kingdoms
C:The wealthy Puntite lands
Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2017, 06:42:20 pm »

A. But I have a question for Æstrid. What did he mean by 'you are the one that hides'? Regardless of her answer, we will accept it. She seemed down, after speaking with the old man, and in need of comfort anyway.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2017, 10:06:14 pm »

A. But I have a question for Æstrid. What did he mean by 'you are the one that hides'? Regardless of her answer, we will accept it. She seemed down, after speaking with the old man, and in need of comfort anyway.
After leaving the hut you talk with Æstrid.
“You seem down honey, what did he mean by ’you being the one that hides'?
Did something upset you?”

“No it’s just something it should of told before but every thing happened, so fast it never felt like it was the right time to tell you.
He was kind of right, Ii haven't told you so i guess i’m hideing.
You see, i have to go back, do some things and maybe and it’s only a maybe honey.
But five years from now i do have to go back and then maybe we’ll have to part for a while." Æstrid look’s sheepish as she talks.

“A while? How long’s that? A day? A year?”  you ask.
“Seven years” she mutters.
“Oh Æstrid my little rose, One day, a month, Seven years, however long it is doesn't matter.
I’ll wait for you to comeback because you’ll do that for me.” She smiles at that.
“Oh what a romantic sop you are honey, i’ve been such fool worrying about it.”
She brushes her hair to the side and kiss you.

The rest of the month passes in almost romantic bliss, you do your best to ignore the constant fog, bands of cattle raiders and rain as you hunt deer and pick berries, sleeping together under the stars.
The boat journey to Aquilonia is long and dull but uneventfull.

As you set foot on the river side docks of Aquilonia’s capital Aquilon, you wonder how to go about your investigations.

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2017, 12:50:16 am »

Find someone high up the political spectrum. Confront them. If asked why we are here, show them the pummel of our sword, and our collar. Then we can tell them that these belonged to our mother. And we have come rather far, just to at least to find proof of her name.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2017, 01:30:59 am »

Lets be a little wiser about this.  Do some basic research on the place first, maybe figure out if owning the sword will get us gutted for some weird local custom.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2017, 08:39:25 am »

I guess not running in blindly is safer.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15