Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23414 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2017, 10:06:17 am »

(Ozahr is on our side, yes?)
Yes he's on your side.
2 Pokemon
What pokemon? geodude? mewtwo? Blastoise?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2017, 10:07:51 am »

God danm it. That was supposed to be pikemen.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:51 pm »

. . . Let's send 2 war thralls, 2 archers, 4 light infantry, 2 Pikemen and all our horsemen groups to go to Vraethum, it's a large force just to send a message that we are fortifying the stronghold, but he may need the backup.

Obviously,  that means we are going to seize the stronghold.

Also, we should send two carriers to Ozahr. One to ask him to join us in the stronghold, and the other to make sure that the first makes it back safe to deliver his message.
(Ozahr is on our side, yes?)

And the three of our party are going to loot the tower.

It's generally a risky thing to steal from wizards, while they lot's of treasure more powerful thing then mere locks and chests protect it.

You spill chests of dust parchments on floor, gaze at a two headed snake in bottle and scatter herbs and spices as you such for loot.

Your such turns up few items of value to you.
A wing shaped brooch made from silver and set with onyx stones.
A brass pendent, with a lump of jagged red stone set in the centrer.
But there's a massive two handed sword, it's beadle wrapped in red leather and gold cross-guard is shaped like two dragons facing each other with open mouths.

With the fort in your hands, you send two separate messengers to the pirate king Ozahr.
The message is a simple you wish to combine your forces at the fort.

A third and large force of your men returns to Vraethum with the prisoners.

For the next few days nothing much happens, your men work on repairing the damaged wooden tower.
No one spends much time in the tower, it's cold and things don't feel right, like some ones watching you.

Finally you receive Vraethum's response in the form of a few crafts men to help with the repairs.

It's the day when you finish work on the repairs that Vraethum arrives him self.
He looks pale and tired as he rides straight in to the court yard.

"Things have no gone well for me against Banitor, he calls things from places he can not return them too.
But you have done well and i will keep my part of the bargain, take this a bonus for work here.

My work on the runes is done, it wasn't easy you see it's two parts.

This part is a livery collar, it marks the barer as free noble of the Ostgres.
But that not the important part this is.
It's not just a badge of rank but a personal talisman, a powerfull one at that.

But there bad new as well, how long have you had this Choker? two weeks? maybe a month?"

"Something like that, why'd you ask?"

Suddenly he hits you hard in nose and your knocked to the floor.

"How did that feel?, your nose should be broken from a blow like that, but no it barely hurts.
Because If my records are right this is a Amulet of Iron, it strengthens part of your body, gradually transmuting it in a kind of iron.

I must warn you of that two common flaws with this kind of magic.
The first and major flaw which you seem to be free of, is that wounds scar solid with metal, every cut and scrape turns 
The second is rust, without the magic your bones will start to rust away."

With that he leaves you behind wondering really what to do next.
Maybe you'll get a message from Ozahr.

Spoiler: Iewaelle's Tower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map of the Island (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Companions
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 06:44:11 pm »

Well that makes a bit of change in our priorities. First, we should send him back with the loot we have. Ask him to buy it off of us, in return for a grand wedding when we return. After that, we need to get in contact with Ozahr, quickly. His reply should have come long before our Lord's. That isn't a good sign. I feel as though we should leave a skeleton crew here so we might investigate, but we basically have a skeleton crew. . . So three light infantry and an archer group should come with us to find his meeting spot.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2017, 08:57:38 pm »

Well that makes a bit of change in our priorities. First, we should send him back with the loot we have. Ask him to buy it off of us, in return for a grand wedding when we return. After that, we need to get in contact with Ozahr, quickly. His reply should have come long before our Lord's. That isn't a good sign. I feel as though we should leave a skeleton crew here so we might investigate, but we basically have a skeleton crew. . . So three light infantry and an archer group should come with us to find his meeting spot.

"Vraethum wait a moment, please we need to talk.
You see we captured some of Iewaelle's things, and now this is kind of an odd thing to ask you but i want to marry Ęstrid"
"So what do i have to do with that? your a fee man, go and do it." Vraethum shrugs.
"I need money to pay for a wedding, i have some of Iewaelle's stuff you can have if you help me with some of the costs..."
"..Done." Vraethum clicks his fingers and produces a hand full of coins.
(- 1 magic greatsword of fire , - 1 brooch , -1 brass pendent +4 cash)
"Now Peter don't spend it all in one place, i'll talk with Magnus about the arrangements, he'll help you out.
Now to our battles we must ride."
And with that he turns and spurs horse.

After Vraethum leaves you gather your men and get ready to march with a force of 60 light infantry and 20 archers.
The rest is let behind to guard the fort.

"So your really serious about making her an honest women aren't you?" Tarquin asks you
"Yes she's the most beautiful woman I've ever met so valiant and fearless, and those deep blues, her soft red hair...
"Ok  so you lover her, your a romantic soul Peter But she's a sworn warrior of Hildisvķni The Great Sow."
"and?"
"...Nothing i just want make sure you know that.. she might be a bit... well odd about somethings..."

Finally you reach Ozahr's camp, his are mostly light infantry and some cavalry, your Askuzai cavalry in fact.

You are lead start in to his tent.
"So you this Strategos? Peter Hudsley.
Well Peter you drink with me, bring your friend and the red head too, she's cute, reminds me of mine own."
The guards move to disarm you, but Ęstrid grasps her dagger tighter and snarls at the man to her left.
It must be a frighting experience having her tusks in your face.

"Fierce too! Ozahr likes that, shows there worth the struggle heh!
You too déjalos, here Peter come drink." Ozahr smiles
He thrusts a bottle at you and you drink a healthy swig of the rough spirits.

"Well i have not been ideal, I's men pen up cattle to the rivers and we are up on hills.
It will not be long, they give up soon.
You go and look, see what there doing, Ozahr is right you will see.
Her army is small, mine is much bigger, we will win soon."

"You know we should do that that, Tarquin Peter lets go and see what there up too.." Ęstrid claps you on the shoulder.

As darkness fall you climb you the last of the hill side  and look down on I's camp.
It's definitely smaller the Ozahr's  with less cooking fires but there something that draws you closers.

From the tree line you make out a clearing where I's army has gathered a round a large silver cauldron.
Once more your ears sear and the chanting echoes in your mind and the men down below repeat the sticking chant.
You see a slave woman drag naked up to cauldron, her throat is slit open and blood spills into cauldron, six more women follow to fill it with blood.

As the chanting reaches a fever pitch you see a blooded hand reach out and slowly a woman follows rising from the blood, Naked and unholy, reborn by evil magic an blood sacrifice.
Her eyes open flick and a pair of soulless black eyes stair straight at you, she winks right at you before she turns to her men.

"What is it? Peter? talk to me?
"itt.. it.. It's her Iewaelle!
But i saw here die she burn to death in the tower.

"So? we just have kill her here! one taste of my axe an she dead woman.
"T-thats just i don't t-think she's flesh and blood like us.
"Peter I've killed 12 men and 12 men lie in the graves, she's next that's all.."

You try your best to sleep that night, but what you've see keeps coming back to you.

The next morning you hear trumpets sound and drums beat, Iewaelle's army is on the march.

At the front riding a top a black stallion you see Iewaelle, clad is black leather and silver scales.
She
Behind her is a good eight hundred men with a black wing on there shields.
As she enter bow shot range you see her eyes flash and a darkness as black as the darkest night enshrouds her like a fog.

The only good news is that yours and Ozahr men are encamped over looking a narrow pass.
Quickly you give the orders too

A) Charge down the hill side and over whelm them with weight of numbers.
B) Block the pass with the strongest warriors as archers thin there ranks from the sides.
C) Go for the head and slay Iewaelle,
D) Fall back from her foul sorcery.

Companions
[/quote]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2017, 11:12:42 pm »

B. And let's see if we can convince our Conrad to send some horsemen out to scout the enemies downfall. Report if they see anything strange. I have a bad feeling. One that involves dark magic and death.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 10:00:04 pm »

B. And let's see if we can convince our Conrad commander to send some horsemen out to scout the enemies downfall. Report if they see anything strange. I have a bad feeling. One that involves dark magic and death.
Sorry about this one being later then i'd planed, bankholidays takeing uptime.

B) Block the pass with the strongest warriors as archers thin there ranks from the sides.

As Iewaelle's men march forwards , your archers start loses arrows down on them from hillside above.
The unearthly cloud of darkness that covers there targets lessens there impact as men can not see to aim.

You rush with the strongest warriors to block the pass and find your self standing behind Tarquin's bronze shield.

As horse men gather on the hillside, Iewaelle raises from her saddle and raises her her hand.

Arcs of purples lighting flashes from her fingers as she strikes at the horsemen, the magic kills some and the scatters rest in fear as horses are driven wild.

Under a storm hail of arrows, spears and stones Iewaelle's troops march until they stand just before you and the few men blocking the pass.

As they gather for the charge, you try once more to kill Iewaelle and loses arrow straight at her.
The Sorceress's head snaps back as your arrow finds her eye.
For a moment she wobbles on her horse before turns and she looks straight at with soulless eyes as cold as black marble.
She pulls the shaft from eye like other do thorns from hands and her men charge with roar.

"Ok Peter she might take more then my axe to kill after all.."

You dont have time to respond before Iewaelle's men are upon you.

The battle is bloody and with out quarter.
You stand in wall of spear and steel, keeping for foes back jabs and thrusts.

For a minute the line holds untill Iewaelle's horse men start to push back the spear line with there long lances.
But Ęstrid rushes out from your lines.
Gone is pretty red head you fancy, this is Ęstrid the boar warrior, a towering faceless figure of war.
Her war axe flashs left and right splitining both man and horse in twine.

As there cavalry falls back you hear a cheer from the hill behind you as Ozahr's archers crest the summit.

"Step! Step!" Tarquin shouts ordering the pikemen to advance.

At spear point Iewaelle's men are forced to step back for a moment.
As friendly arrows fly over head, you pant like dog trying to catch your breath before they come again.

From out of the blackness he come screaming at you, half man half wolf.
You duck the shapechangers spear and return a thrust.
As your sword pierce his canine head, a dozen more of warped men beasts charge.

The line hold and the beast men are beaten back, like whipped curs they run to the dark cloud waiting at the bottom of the valley.

"So Peter what does this foal which have planed for now?" Tarquin asks you.
"I have no idea but it'll be some evil magic, a rain of fire maybe or swarms of locusts?"

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2017, 06:11:50 am »

We should call Iewaelle out, to fight her in a dual. That failing, we can take the idea of raining fire down upon her. See if we might have tar and pitch to toss down onto the battlefieldand into the darkness, and then fill the darkness with as much light as possible.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2017, 05:03:42 pm »

Yep there bad news The machine spirit is ill my computres screwed up.
The good news is i like running this game and i do plan on keeping it going.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »

Woo! I do like playing it. But it sucks that your computer went down. Think of talking to the tech priest?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2017, 09:01:55 pm »

We should call Iewaelle out, to fight her in a dual. 6

That failing, we can take the idea of raining fire down upon her.
See if we might have tar and pitch to toss down onto the battlefieldand into the darkness, and then fill the darkness with as much light as possible.

"YOU!  Iewaelle the Sorceress! I challange you to a dual."
Slowy she turns here head around and smiles at you.
"What stakes do you set Peter Hudsley? Why should i fight you?
Will you and your men let us return to my tower and lands unharmed?
If you are the victor what are your demands? gold? jewels? are we to be your prisoners?"

"..If i win then your men will cast down there arms and return to there homes, i have no course aginst them, only you.

"Done, chose the weapons."
"Swords, No missle weapons or spells, just steel vs steel."

"And there will be no ring or bounds, this will be a cimmerian chain duel, 5 paces.
Just you and me, no secounds or helpers of any kind.
Do you Peter Hudsley agree to this duel?"
"Yes."

As Ęstrid pulls the thick leather belt tight around your waist you down along the steel chain to Iewaelle as she readys her self.

Iewaelle wiggles her way in to a suit of silver and black scales that cover's her from head to toe, a long straight dual-edged blade in each hand

"Peter Be carefull." Ęstrid kiss's you on the cheek.
With a tug on the chain you signal the start of duel.

1) Just go stright for the kill
2) Fight normaly
3) Focus on defending your self
4) Do some thing clever?

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2017, 11:27:36 pm »

Ok, so, we are very careful with how we act. She may have more experience than us, in combat, but, we do have one thing on our side. Youth. We will play the game of endurance. Keep a guard up, and wait for her to strike the first blow. Dodge and counter. Then parry a handful of times, then repeat. Do it three times, until she feels our pattern, then reverse it. Parry once, and dodge a bunch. Hopefully that will create enough of an opening that we can strike her. If we can keep her alive, let's do so. But don't hesitate to kill if needed.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2017, 09:18:30 pm »

Ok, so, we are very careful with how we act. She may have more experience than us, in combat, but, we do have one thing on our side. Youth. We will play the game of endurance. Keep a guard up, and wait for her to strike the first blow. Dodge and counter. Then parry a handful of times, then repeat. Do it three times, until she feels our pattern, then reverse it. Parry once, and dodge a bunch. Hopefully that will create enough of an opening that we can strike her. If we can keep her alive, let's do so. But don't hesitate to kill if needed.

(Youth? she was reborn from a pool of blood last night, so her true age might be a little academic)
-------------

Keeping your blade you slowy walk towards her, maybe you can throw her off point.
Iewaelle is less then willing to wait, she comes at you swing her twin blades around like a wind mill, you block the first one and duck under the secound.

In return you uselessy slash at her leg, but your blade just glides off the scales as she swing low, aimmg from your legs.

With her two swords to your one she keeps attacking you, trying to force your guard open for the killing blow.
As she trys a over head swinng, you cach the blade in your swords teeth and twist it from her hands.
She kicks leg out from under you and stabs down wildy at you, forceing you roll side to side.

Panting you get back to your feet, just in time to twist away from over head swing.
Your blade cuts off a finger and she cracks you nose with her sword hilt.
She parrys a thrust and jumps back pulling the chain tight.
Takeing up a guard, she grins at you and taps her foot.

"..be carefull." as she whants you to attack, so this must be some trap of hers.

With your fee hand, you pull the chain and take Iewaelle off her feet.
Walking forwards slowy, you pull the chain when ever she starts to stand.
The moment befor you get close enough to stab her, she charges at you takleing you to ground.

You punch her and rip the sword from her hand.
She returns the favor with a headbut and knee to the groin.
As Iewaelle scrables towards her blade you throw the chain around her neck and pull it tight.

With both hands and all your might, you try to wring the life from her black heart.
She kicks you hard but you hold on as despite your might she manages to pull her self up right.
Your dangleing by chains wraped around her neck as she punchs down at you.
The first makes your nose bleed, the secound and your vision swim, the third and you get dizzy.
As she pulls back for a forth, she sways and then tumbles side ways to the ground.

You let go of the chains and reach for your blade, dizzy and bleeding you stand over her.
"Yield! You're beaten." you shout.
Like a cobra it darts, a hidden dagger and it bites home in to your leg.
As Iewaelle pulls back her dagger for another stab, you end her, plungeing your sword in to her head.

Iewaelle's black eyes roll back and her blond hair turns red as she lies before you dead.

1: Go back to Vraethum's settlement and start plans for your wedding.
2: Do somethig with Iewaelle's body (burn her? bury her?).
3: Head to the Ostgres/  Aquilonia /Cassiteride to find out more about your mother.
4: Some other thing (help Tarquin get his familys land back?)

(You have some cash 5 so you might whant to buy things.
If you whant a  grand wedding you'd best have some ideas of what to do.)

Companions

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2017, 12:19:22 am »

((If we didn't have that amulet, we would have had our face crushed in. We can't take risks like that anymore.))
We are, of course going to try to do all 4.

Have Tarquin burn the body. First and foremost. We cut off her head, and save it for the Lord. He would like to see that she is dead, with proof, I assume, more than we are alive to tell the tale.

Then we stand before Ęstrid, before all the men, and drop to our knees, bloodied from battle, and the freshly severd head beside us. We look up into those eyes, and we beg her to betroth us. If she says yes (And, let's face it, she will.)

Then we head back to the settlement, of course, after giving the enemy troops back the land around the keep, so they return to their farms and homes, and the Lord has his own stronghold in these land, and prepare/plan for the wedding. Wedding ideas must come a bit later. Unsure of what traditions I would like to proceed with.

After the wedding, we express our desires to learn more about our family history, but also the desire to aid Tarquin in gaining back his family lands. Which we should do first, also, I can't seem to decide.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2017, 08:56:41 pm »

((If we didn't have that amulet, we would have had our face crushed in. We can't take risks like that anymore.))
We are, of course going to try to do all 4.

Have Tarquin burn the body. First and foremost. We cut off her head, and save it for the Lord. He would like to see that she is dead, with proof, I assume, more than we are alive to tell the tale.
Then we stand before Ęstrid, before all the men, and drop to our knees, bloodied from battle, and the freshly severd head beside us. We look up into those eyes, and we beg her to betroth us. If she says yes (And, let's face it, she will.)
(6 bonus cash!)

As Iewaelle  lies dead, you turn to face Ęstrid and drop your knees.
You look at her the blue eyes and beg of her
"Ęstrid the red , you boutefull maden battle of Hildisvķni, will you have me as your man? be my wife? and fight beside me in this cold dark world?"
Ęstrid smiles and puts you up in to her arms, you can beather
"Yes! Of course Yes! You fool!" She gives you a kiss and darts her inviting eyes towards the tree line.
"Later there still things to do today, my love."

"Tarquin, see to it that we burn Iewaelle'ss body like the kings of old, let her be carryed flames unto the  heavens.
But keep the head Vraethum will whant proof of my deeds, done here today."

You Iewaelle's head less body set apon the funeral pyre, still dressed in war gear and holding her swords.
As the flame 'slick at her broken body, youtuen away and head back towards Vraethum's settlement.

The march is swift  and you mosty ride on a donkey as your wounded leg heals.
You see to it that Iewaelle's men returned to there farms and homes unarmed as your duel stated. and head on to  Vraethum's settlement, when you the victory celebrations look to be in full swing already.
But you make your way to Magnus, Vraethum's horse servant and expain your needs to him.

"Good you are a man and should have a wife, i will start cooking a boar for the feast no?

"No boar! Get Wolf or Lynx!" Ęstrid interjects
"We must honour my gods at the wedding, so they bess it Peter, we can't eat boar what will Hildisvķni think of me his sworn war maiden eating boar?" Ęstrid turn's to you as she expains.

"Ok the woman gets what she whants, She is a strong one, will bear you strong childern she will."
 Magnus pats yous on the back with a wink in his eye.

Then we head back to the settlement, of course, after giving the enemy troops back the land around the keep, so they return to their farms and homes, and the Lord has his own stronghold in these land, and prepare/plan for the wedding. Wedding ideas must come a bit later. Unsure of what traditions I would like to proceed with.
And so you start the planing of your great wedding.

(You have some cash 9 so you might whant to buy things.
If you whant a  grand wedding you'd best have some ideas of what to do.)

Companions

[/quote]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15