Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)  (Read 23474 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: From an age undreamed of. II (SG)
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »

Yes! Let's do that. The fest shall be from her traditions. With hints of the farming traditions from which we (Peter) were raised on, such as us cooking the food ourselves. The ceremony should have plenty of music and room for dancing, as well as be held outdoors. Once the party reaches its peak, we will try to quietly excuse ourselves, and ask Æstrid to come with us, to consulate the marriage. Because, that's what is done. . . I think. . .
The next day, we will make up our minds. Tarquin has followed us this far, in our goals. Now, we shall follow him, in his.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2017, 10:07:00 pm »

Yes! Let's do that. The fest shall be from her traditions. With hints of the farming traditions from which we (Peter) were raised on, such as us cooking the food ourselves. The ceremony should have plenty of music and room for dancing, as well as be held outdoors. Once the party reaches its peak, we will try to quietly excuse ourselves, and ask Æstrid to come with us, to consulate the marriage. Because, that's what is done. . . I think. . .
The next day, we will make up our minds. Tarquin has followed us this far, in our goals. Now, we shall follow him, in his.

You let Æstrid and Magnus set up most of the events and ceremony, consentrating mosty on ensureing that there is lots of food and drink.
While the guests will mosty be strangers to you, you wish to have good will and revelry, so you takes over a field outside of town.
As the guests gather, the pipers start playing and you open the wine.

You've cook the main center peace, grilled venison covered with sauteed onions and mustard glaze, resting on a bed of smoked parsnips.
Following it is a large platter of roasted lynx ribs, served with small tomatoes, and crumbley goat cheese.

Fatten with good food, the danceing starts and the band picks you a tune.

Tarquin choughs and ponits you to Æstrid as she gestures for your to come with her.

You bow out from the dance andd follow her in to the woods.

"There one thing first, close your eyes the count of a hundrad and no peaking.
I need to see if your a good hunter..." she ties a blind fould on you.

97,98,99,100! Æstrid is gone but her dress hangs from a tree branch and you can hear her giggle in the distance...

(the next to date will be Vraethum return and your pay ment for killing Iewaelle.
along with starting the quest to do some thing for Tarquin)

Spoiler: Map of the Island (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Peter Hudsley (click to show/hide)
Companions
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2017, 08:31:52 am »

Well, the next to do is hunt our wife down, I guess. And, since she wants us to be a good hunter, do so without her knowing where we are.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2017, 03:27:21 pm »

Take off our armor... and everything else then go hunting.  Keep the sword.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:59 pm »

Well, the next to do is hunt our wife down, I guess. And, since she wants us to be a good hunter, do so without her knowing where we are.
Take off our armor... and everything else then go hunting.  Keep the sword.

As her giggleing fades away you take of your clothes and give case with naked swords...

------------

The morring rain awakens you and for a minute you consider diveing back under the cloak with Æstrid but nature calls as well.
Æstrid mummbers and pulls the cloak round body as you leave.

As you slide back into bed next to Æstrid, a muddy messanger arives.

"Strategos Hudsley?  Sory for the disturbance but the master called for you..." the man starts to speak as you see Æstrid's eyes roll upwared.

It half an hour later when you meet Vraethum and a hungover Tarquin in the main hall room.

"Peter good to see you again, I hear you have bested Iewaelle in single combat and scattered her armys." Vraethum sits on a throne at the far end of the chamber.

"Yes Iewaelle is dead and her i her head to prove it!" you proudy state, holding up the head.

"Amazeing!, might my lands know peace again? Here take this in payment.
And this is for your bride, the roads held me from the wedding but i hear it was quite the night to remember."
Vraethum throw you both a coin pouch.

"But this means must let you go.
I had hoped to keep you on for a while longer, your compation Tarquin is man well shcooled in art of war and would make a fine drill instrutor.
But peace means that i must look to me finaces again.
I will pay you two month pay in lue of what your due from the conract and your wecome to remain for as long as you wish to, but a lass i can not pay you any more."
---------------

You ride to Ozahr's port and a ship away from the Island.
That night in a taven you raise the idea with Tarquin
"Tarquin you have followed me this far in my goals, now let me follow yours together we can take back your stolen lands."

"Thank you for the ofter but how?..
Theres just three of use aginst hundeds of men, maybe more.
It not like we can just kill "King" Deorgar, his brothers and sons all will fight to see me dead.
maybe, just maybe there a way, but we whould need help.
And who will help us? we're sell swords, vagabonds with nother but battle to sell.

"No Tarquin theres this and more!" Æstrid smiles holding up her bag of coins
"We can pay for men, gather an invasion force."
"No that not enouth, we'd need a king ransom to pay for men to fight Deorgar men." Tarquin sighs
"And who would follow us? a foreign war prestess, vagabond with no claim to anything and me, what tales of me has Deorgar spead?
Have i been slandered in to a muder or a rapist?"

"Tarquin we have to try, lets at lest have me and Ae see just what his defences are, maybe the peoplee will flock to the banner Tarquin Hostilius?." you interjet trying to raise his hopes.

As you start to discuss the matter in greater depth there friendly voice from the next stall over.
"So i can help but hair that your in need of a strong sword arm? would you take mine?"

And so you find a ? oftering to help.

A) A Askuzai horse woman
C) A mercenary Crupellarii with a full suit of armour.
B) A Fighting horned warrior of Cernunnos.
D) A massive hammer man of the Salassi
E) A Volscian Warrior Maiden, covered in the marks of ritual scarification and tattooing.
F) A Rich mercant (8d in cash / usefull good)

Companions
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2017, 09:04:51 pm »

F) A Rich mercant
Maybe they can help provide us with a good group of men yo aid our friend.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2017, 09:13:31 pm »

F) A Rich mercant
Maybe they can help provide us with a good group of men to aid our friend.
(Roll 7,
Total party cash count is: 13
You have 2 left from the wedding, and 3 from wedding gifts and your last payment
Ae has 1 from wedding gifts
Th has 0 cash, well not enough to be counted.
Plus the 7 from the Rich mercant)

"How are you?" Æstrid asks the man as she reachs for her dagger.
"Achates Tripolis, wine mercant and trader of fine wool and leathers.
I couldd not help over hearing your plans and wish to help you in them.
I know your going to ask me why, but it's simple really, two years ago King Deorgar sized my ship on spme trumpted up grounds, something about tradeing without a permit, just some way he hides that he whanted my silver for him self.
Well after a few days i got my ship back but he took all my cargo and swore that i'd see him pay ten fould for it."
Achates looks angery at the memory.

"Tripolis.. Yes i remmber your uncle, he was good man, sold iron work and cutlary if i recall.
I'd be happy for aid us."  Tarquin recalls

"Alas i am ready but the body iss old and worn down, i have a son and daughter to feed.
So you will under stand if help you in the way i best can.
Here take this and remmber you've never seen me befor." with that Tripolis with out a heavy bag of coins.

The next morring the port is bussleing with men, some oftering travel, others weapons and armour and other willing to fight for silver.

Weapons and armour are 1 cash per item.
Any other iteams I.E. a disguise are likey 1 coin or free, unless you whant a ship full of oil or something.
Mercenaries are 1 cash per unit, but post what you whant i.e. archers or light horsemen.
Travel is free.

The bad news for you guy the next up date will be a while, as im going (yes again) away with my brother for a few days.4
The good news is he has an op date.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2017, 08:15:48 am »

Ok. . .  We should give Æ and Th 4 cash each to buy what they need. You know. New weapons and armor, and such.
We should spend 2 cash on archers, and 1 on a hired rogue/spy, and 2 on horsemen. We have what we need. For now, anyway.

(Glad to hear that your brother will be gettimg what he needs. You keep safe. For me, the storm has long sense passed. No power, but, I will live.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:30 pm »

(Glad to hear that your brother will be gettimg what he needs. You keep safe. For me, the storm has long sense passed. No power, but, I will live.)
Well it's the joy of NHS, things can take while to happen.
Still we have some storms incomeing(usealys stroms bounce back up the gulf stream) and some nutter has been blowing up the loudon tube( must be Volatile Explosives)

"Here Ae, Tarquin take these coins and get your selfs ready for a fight, buy your selfs some new weapon and armour.
Your going to need them.
While you two do that, im going to see who is willing to fight beside us, i should be able to find someone in this hive of scum and villainy..."

With the plan in mind you split up and you finds a seat in the taven and put the word around.

It doesn't take for a a suitable band of archers to gather, there a mix of sell swords, bandits and other killers.
The leader is chosen by contest of skill and after a hour a Cassiteride woman named Róisín is apointed as leader.

The horse men take so long to get ready that your still awinting them when in the taven Æstrid returns.
She has a new shortsword and round sheild paint with a snarling boar emblem.
Æstrid calls to the bar maid, as she put her helmet on the table, you note the new crest.

"So how are you getting on?" Æstrid passes you a drink.
"Well we have a band of archers, it's just waiting for the last few horsemen..."

It takes longer for you and Æstrid to hire enough horsemen, as every one with a house be it theres or stolen has turned up.
But by the evening you have hired as many horsemen as you can.

Tarquin, returns haveing cleary spent his money on more armour, he has new shoulder and forarm guards.
He gives you a twirl, showing of the bronze scales over his belly and down the Pteruges over his thighs.

You play dice long in to the eveing with your last recruit trying to under stand the motives of your hired spy called Velitia.

The next day you set sail soon find your self a few towns up cost from the land Deorgar has stolen.
Whats the plan now? send Velitia the spy to look around?

NEW pics time !
(Really give me some more deatils on our mistery man Peter Hudsley)
Spoiler: Róisín (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Æstrid (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarquin (click to show/hide)

Companions

Mercenaries
Leander:Róisín
Archers 20:20
Horsemen 20:20

Velitia the Spy

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2017, 03:57:19 am »

Peter is a short, dark haired, and olived skinned young man. He is thin, but well toned from years of farm work. Muscles are starting to bulk from all of the training and fighting he has been doing with his mother's sword.
As for what is next, our spy is to counter spy around us as we enter into town. Heading well before us, and is to trail us, as though he himself is spying on us, to find if anyone else is. No matter what, we will stick out a bit. Too large a group.
Tarquin's new name, for now, will be Ranquint. It's far enough from the original that most people will think him totally different. Our goal is to help out the locals and gain information on the area. . . Ask mostly about this town (inconsequential). And a few questions about Deorgar, and the lands that he now rules (important). If asked, we come from the lands that Vraethum rules. Mercenaries, and just came from fighting to look for. . . Slower work. We answer no more than that.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:12 am »

"You hired me and now you following Why? both you and friend are armed, even your lovers a strong woman." Velitia is confused by the order.

"Tarquin it's dawned on me that your name will ring like a bell to Deorgar, we need to change it call you some thing else in case other over hear, how about Ranquint?"

"But that will not help, i had hoped that we could call on allies of old, raise the pepole to over throw Deorgar's Tyranny
Alas maybe you are right and i must play Eumaeus for now.." he sighs a little and nods.

Down the cost you arive at the port Peristérion and Deorgar's lands.
You stop in the taven as the ship unloads at Peristérion and listen to the local gossip.
These little of any importance, it's mosty about the comeing harvest.
but the you start hear of Deorgar and there not good.
"Ariten's sister went missing last night. They found her, a naked mess by the road near the villa, she's not talking about it. we know who to blame.."

You hear that his lands are wide reaching and he struggle to find the labours to manage it all.
"As it so happens im looking for work, i need some peace and normality.." you raise the iusse with a local farmer
I'm telling you now lad stay away from Deorgar's, he never pays on time, promises them food an feed em workers on rotten grain and water.
If this was not my farthers land and his before him i'd leave too."

"Look at how he feasts on the grape hearvet, lone with just his men in that walled villa of his.
Why back in the old days every one would be there for the games and the feasts to honor the gods.."

As night falls you get a better idea of Deorgar's villa, as a masion is over heard curseing him for not paying him to fully repair the walls.
from the masion you lean that the walled villa dominates the panorama atop a mountain, but the walls and towers are in dire need of repairs.

Deorgar also holds a secound fortification an acropolis at the town of Valtí, where he use the walls to tax the port so that every one must pay, even the fishermen.

Finshing your last drink you take awalk around the town and draw a quick map of the walls.
By the time you join Æstrid in bed you have an idea of what to do...

A) Get a job helping with the feast?
B) Storm the acropolis of Valtí while it undefened.
C) Attack the villa?
D) some thing?

Maps
Spoiler: Area map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Valtí map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The walled villa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map of Peristérion (click to show/hide)

Companions

Mercenaries
Spoiler: Leader:Róisín (click to show/hide)
Velitia the Spy

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 06:17:17 pm »

Ok. "Ranquint" (Tarquin) is to offer his services to the locals, aiding with the harvest. His job is to prove himself far more reliable than Deorgar, before we reveal him as the rightful heir to the land. If they find that the man before them is better than their old master, and capable of taking their old masters place, they will follow quickly, the new master. No matter the proof.

We explain to Velitia that what we are doing here will draw attention to us, eventual. Most likely attention that will aim for the blood in our throats. We want them to make sure that doesn't happen, and the best way to stop an assassin, or for information to leak where we don't want it to, is to take it out before they get a chance to take them out. Before they even know we are watching them. Also, he is the only one of the group even nearly free reign on his methods, so. . . . That being said, we need to have him verify where he is. We need to make our attack quick, and decisive. Also, get in touch with the mason. Find if there are any secret tunnels that were made. In the villa and in the acropolis.

Where ever Deorgar is, Æstrid and Peter will attack with 10 archers and 15 horsemen. The goal is to capture him alive. Let the villagers decide his fate.

Where he is not, Róisín will take the rest. Their job is to sneak in, and hold the walls. Any defenders left are to be starved out.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »

Well my brothers still in hospital but he's getting better slowy

Ok. "Ranquint" (Tarquin) is to offer his services to the locals, aiding with the harvest. His job is to prove himself far more reliable than Deorgar, before we reveal him as the rightful heir to the land. If they find that the man before them is better than their old master, and capable of taking their old masters place, they will follow quickly, the new master. No matter the proof.

We explain to Velitia that what we are doing here will draw attention to us, eventual. Most likely attention that will aim for the blood in our throats. We want them to make sure that doesn't happen, and the best way to stop an assassin, or for information to leak where we don't want it to, is to take it out before they get a chance to take them out. Before they even know we are watching them. Also, he is the only one of the group even nearly free reign on his methods, so. . . . That being said, we need to have him verify where he is. We need to make our attack quick, and decisive. Also, get in touch with the mason. Find if there are any secret tunnels that were made. In the villa and in the acropolis.

Where ever Deorgar is, Æstrid and Peter will attack with 10 archers and 15 horsemen. The goal is to capture him alive. Let the villagers decide his fate.

Where he is not, Róisín will take the rest. Their job is to sneak in, and hold the walls. Any defenders left are to be starved out.

Thats a lot off stuff.

Lets see you have what four plans?

1: Tarquin offering his services to the locals to gain there support.
Roll 1

2: Get in touch with the mason. Find if there are any secret tunnels that were made. In the villa and in the acropolis.

3: Attack Deorgar's villa?
4: Infiltrate the acropolis?

Coin toss , tail the acropolis

------------

In the morring you meet back up with  Tarquin, he looks woryed.
"Theres bad news, Deorgar has placed a price on my head, and  that meanss if i showmy face too often some one is going to spot me under this beard."

At the daily morring market, you see the mason and follow him until he enters a small back ally.
You tap him on the shoulder so Æstrid can grab him from behind.
He riggles and kicks at you untill Æstrid rests a knife on his neck.
"Quiet!" she hiss'ss as you drag him away...

"Right you are the masion that works for--" you start to question him.
"wait! i know you?" he points at Tarquin
"Yes it is you! your Tarquin! Tarquin the younger!
You had hair last time i saw you.
I take it theses are friends of yours?"

"They are.
Now i must be brief, you said that Deorgar's has some falty walls, where are thay? can you make a map of them?."

"I can do better, i'll show you the way in..."

------------Valtí--------------
It's mid-day when you gather with the men at rear of warehouse, the air stinks of fish.
The masion rolls a few empty barrles asuide and show you a hole in the wall.
"Here! strait thru the wall and in to a dock side where house..."

Maps

Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions

Mercenaries
Velitia the Spy

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »

Well, it seems like our plan still stands. We are taking both at once. The villa will be left in the hands of Róisín, with 10 archers and 5 horsemen. That should be more than enough, hopefully.
The rest comes with us. I guess Tarquin as well. The first part of pur plan is to take the walls.

That will be up to The trio. Æ, Pet, and Tar. Once we give the signal (an arrow shot to the ground where we entered, the archers are to take up positions on the wall.

(Glad to see you are doing well. You had been gone for a while and I was concerned that something had happened.)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2017, 10:12:12 pm »

Well, it seems like our plan still stands. We are taking both at once. The villa will be left in the hands of Róisín, with 10 archers and 5 horsemen. That should be more than enough, hopefully.
The rest comes with us. I guess Tarquin as well. The first part of plan is to take the walls.

That will be up to The trio. Æ, Peter, and Tarquin. Once we give the signal (an arrow shot to the ground where we entered, the archers are to take up positions on the wall.

(Glad to see you are doing well. You had been gone for a while and I was concerned that something had happened.)
Things are much better, he's home and just waiting for the stichs to come out and then the drain in a while.

But that mean my mothers home so i can't use her laptop as much.
---------------------

Æstrid goes first, slowy crawling throu the small hole, you follow and find your self in empty storehouse.

Æstrid buckels up her helmet as the rest of the men follow.
With out a word you leave the empty storehouse and point a group of your men towards tower and walls.
For tence minte you waits cluching your sword as the dismounted house man enters the creacky door.

A few moments later a archer waves from the top of the walls, the first tower is yours.

"Right lets try for the keep." you wisper to rest of the men.
Æstrid takes the lead as you aproch the main walls by a back alley.

As Æstrid reach the final conner, she call a halt and pokes here head around the conunr.
Theres the twang odd crossbow and for you time slows down as ae's head snaps back as she tumbles to the ground.

Anger grips you and you race arcross the court yard, ignoreing the shouts of others as missiles start to rain down around you.
The gates portcules starts to lower as you throw your self across the cobbles and slide under it before it slams home.

Rushing on towards the battlements, you barely stop to kick open the iron studded door and climb the stairs three at a time.

Sword in hand, you push open the door and find the battlements empty, you turn as the butt  of a crossbow slams in to your head.
Realing back you slash out at the man, your blade sildeing off his vest of leather scales.

He jabs at you with a dagger forceinng you back untill sudenly he howls in pain an falls back from the edge.
His toes lie on the floor, severed under the point of an axe.

You take the opeaning an rain down a trio of blows, cutting his arms to bloody chunks.

"-Ugh- a hand please honey." Æstrid grunts as she start to pull her self up over the battlements.
You reach over and an see her standing on Tarquin's large sheild as he holds it over head.

"I thout that-"
"Hurry! Get the gate!" Tarquin shouts as other man climbs on to the sheild.

Togeather you open the door to winch room.
Inside you see the large winch and the stattered remains of the guards lunch.

Theres a cheer as your men flood in to keep outer court yard, and a white flag rise from the inner keep.

"Victory! Hail to Tarquin Hostilius! Hail! Hail!" you hear the assembled mercenaries shout....
----------------

Maps

Spoiler: Our leading man? (click to show/hide)
Companions

Mercenaries
Velitia the Spy

[/quote]

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 12:53:47 pm by Funk »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15