Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193214 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 4: Spider Smash
« Reply #1185 on: July 01, 2017, 01:43:36 am »

EBWOP: That would be D3, not Day 2.

(1-Shot) Marionette: You convert the Town player with the most Web Strands to your alignment. You will gain access to a private chat with them. This ability cannot be destroyed or reloaded.

Also the fish is with this DAY/night cult convert @_@

Super high power game :v
Super wow.
But if I've to assume that in reading TDS' role (which kinda explains his lacking day activity and whatever), there's that nuke action.
But that's going to be a sorely delayed nuke action given the need for 15+ web strands

Tiruin.
Hector13; Hector13; Hector13; Hector13; Hector13; Hector13; Hector13.
In that order respectively.
No I'm not serious in that's how many votes I have, I'm just voting a lot to check how many votes I have :V (3 currently; 2 stolen), the vote is temporary because we don't have a claim from you.

...Also that probably explains his weird behavior to me. I was leaning on TDS' day-inspect until he FoS'd me.

Did ANYONE target TDS before until now? Because I doubt his nuke-ability is the only reason for everyone (literally around 3 or so people :V) having revives.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: July 01, 2017, 02:04:26 am »

O_o
...And the game isn't ended yet.
Also to clarify on this before people go WAAAAA :v, this comment was more on 'hey someone shot cult', and I'd presume that was the Mafiakill. (I realize that the wording and starting the sentence with 'and' sets off lingual implications for many people so yeah; my messy wording for Tired Tiruins is greaaaat.)

That confirms the existence of that Mafia dude and TBF being a framed person. That does push the idea that this is pretty much bloody highpowered.

Anyway, role call.
Tea has been confirmed by ~2 people. TolyK, and...someone else.
PERSUS targeted TDS with a beer can. I'm putting him as suspect for the one who KILLED him. (because why would you shoot away someone's auto without explaining anything and THEN knowing his fakeclaim [that kinda had sense in that TDS, I assume, didn't have to lie about certain portions due to association, although there was heat on him back then [heat as in attention in the day]; also his rather low postcount makes an easy check in his posts])

But that bears questioning. And at least, UNTIL Lenglon-Shakerag flips; we've around 2 anti-town remaining.

Also, to note, Persus13 was the one who died N1. The same night someone was abduct-kill't. This didn't happen N2. [HECTOR SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IN A VERY VAGUE WAY :o]
N3 had Lenglon-Shakerag Abduct-kill't, so it's safe to assume that Persus ain't the dude who was doing these abduct-kills. (Which is why I wasn't voting him but quipped instead :P)

That leaves Tea or Hector13. However the former has been marked by 2 people as of yesterday :V I forgot what they did though but I'ma check.

Webadict: Do dead teammates of a quicktopic still have access to (like, y'know, plan and stuff) their quicktopic, if they can act while dead?

Alsoalso while typing this post I found significant notes of mention in TDS. His actionlist for the past nights. (This last night he targeted Lenglon-Shakrag); he made a post back D3 regarding the 'everyone wins plan' and I don't see a hint towards any of his words to his role (unless, y'know, you count that NUKE option); also that it makes sense to believe his target last night ifsoever he voted the...very target he was picking and projected himself quite subtly in his vote there...which I guess removes the idea that Lenglon-Shakerag was his cult convert target.

And that if Flabort is cult...he has a different wincon anyway, but is anti-town so...harmless cult//non-motivated anti-town cult?
Webadict: If someone is anti-town, but has an ability that creates a wincondition for themselves {eg Flabort's Heroes wincon}, given say--the cult wincondition
Alignment: Cult
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and all other killing roles are dead.
Is being converted to cult override a wincon that an auto gives you? Which takes priority, or can both mutually apply?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: July 01, 2017, 02:40:05 am »

Extend: busy weekend for me too.

My new ammo: T-shirts.  My Ross rifle fires t-shirts now.  They give a block power, because the free t-shirt needs to be worn, apparently.  I guess I have an underbarrel t-shirt cannon attachment now.

Well, well.  I've preparing a post and read list, slowly.  Do not look forward to isolations of players with several dozen posts each, and I've got a busy weekend.  This, though, complicates matters.

Considering thirds cannot be converted, and considering TDS's conversion power, TDS was the cult leader.  Weak cult, weakness mitigated a bit by the any-phase convert.

We have a few nights of TDS's claimed actions.  N1, confirmed, was Web Shot on flabort.  TDS was targeted by Lengrag.
D2 web strands: 2 flabs, 1 Lengrag.
flabort used Spiders Everywhere, received from TDS's N1 action, N2.  TDS was targeted by Lengrag and 4mask.  TDS did something, apparently seeing Tiruin target Lengrag.  Sort of.
D3 web strands: 3 flabs, 3 Lengrag, 1 4mask (irrelevant), 2 Tiruin?
N3, Persus disabled TDS's autos with a beer can, negating the effects of Tangled Webs.  TDS's claimed action is a clear lie, so we don't know what he did.

Nobody ever complained about being left out of TDS's self-watching results, so I feel comfortable taking them as accurate.

Flabort is the most likely cultist, if TDS successfully converted.  Tiruin is narrowly possible, but knowing her role, very unlikely.
Flabort was ahead day 2 and was tied D3 with Lengrag.  Mid-D3 is about when TDS latched onto Lengrag as a threat, and today, TDS tried to push the idea of Lengrag being a third party hard.  Is quite consistent with conversion during this timeframe and the alarm bells that would naturally ring if someone ran the numbers.

If we take his Heroes claim as true, though, the potential threat of flabort can be disabled without too much difficulty.  Definitely not a top priority threat right now.

That said, TDS may not have converted at all.  Stalling (very unlikely) or failure (more possible).  Checking with Wubs about this possibility.

I'll try to get that reads list in Sunday.

That confirms the existence of that Mafia dude and TBF being a framed person. That does push the idea that this is pretty much bloody highpowered.
Tiruin: TBF could have been framed, but this doesn't confirm that.  I see nothing in this game that specifically indicates a 3-person scumteam.  Did I miss something?

Webadict: If TDS used Marionette when two town players tied for the most spider webs, would Marionette successfully convert anyone?  Also, if Marionette failed, would its shot be spent?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: July 01, 2017, 02:59:36 am »

That leaves Tea or Hector13. However the former has been marked by 2 people as of yesterday :V I forgot what they did though but I'ma check.

N1 I did nothing and had my vote stolen by Lengrag
N2 I did nothing and had my vote returned by them
N3 I hid and flabort claimed to have tried to steal my vote; TolyK also claimed to have tried to do something that failed; per DarkStar I was targeted by Lengrag but am not sure if that's legit.

The abduction thing happened on both N1 and N3, and I feel like I'm semi clear of at least not having done the same thing those nights. If Hector's some kind of friendly neighbor-faking SK that's probably more disturbing flavor than spiders D:

The 1-shot inspect thing seems like code for DarkStar's marionette ability - which does seem like he tried to use it expecting that it would recruit Leng and it failed. Am interested to see Webadict's answers.

I feel semi better about Jack's DarkStar push D2 in light of the flip. Not that it's impossible to correctly 3P hunt as mafia, I just respect that there was critical and correct thought to that. So I'm not snap revoting; will reread over the weekend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: July 01, 2017, 03:53:06 am »

PFP
As of now, Me, Hector(?), TolyK, and Jack are requesting an extension :3 (I was the fiiirst~ :P)

Tiruin: TBF could have been framed, but this doesn't confirm that.  I see nothing in this game that specifically indicates a 3-person scumteam.  Did I miss something?
<.<
>_>
Me assuming that it's a 3 person scumteam ._.

Extend: busy weekend for me too.

My new ammo: T-shirts.  My Ross rifle fires t-shirts now.  They give a block power, because the free t-shirt needs to be worn, apparently.  I guess I have an underbarrel t-shirt cannon attachment now.[...]

Considering thirds cannot be converted, and considering TDS's conversion power, TDS was the cult leader.  Weak cult, weakness mitigated a bit by the any-phase convert.
...You never mentioned getting new ammo, or I misread :P
But seriously. You are one hilarious rifle. And then Jack was the scums
...But wasn't it obvious that they are the cult leader?

Who starts with an ability that explicitly says 'Town' and 'Convert' in the same sentence that isn't a cult leader @_@

[...]
N3, Persus disabled TDS's autos with a beer can, negating the effects of Tangled Webs.  TDS's claimed action is a clear lie, so we don't know what he did.[...]
...Clear lie? He could've watched L/S, and it's obvious he's not the one who abduct-kills people, so it could be pretty true in that L/S targeted two people with MY powers. :O
It just so happens that he doesn't get a watch ability if he got targeted (so he didn't know that Persus canned him, just that his auto is wiped, probably. Heh, canned.)

[...]
If we take his Heroes claim as true, though, the potential threat of flabort can be disabled without too much difficulty.  Definitely not a top priority threat right now.
[....]
TFW Jack wins the game by throwing empty beer cans at people.

Webadict: Do you send a 'failure' response for a 'partially failed action'?
Because you should've sent me something, Jack, but didn't, and you said you didn't get a failure response?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: July 01, 2017, 04:14:13 am »

Because you should've sent me something, Jack, but didn't, and you said you didn't get a failure response?
Tiruin: I also got no failure message when Lengrag did not receive their beer can N2.  It seems I don't get a failure response when only part of my action fails.

Quote from: Tiruin
...You never mentioned getting new ammo, or I misread :P
But seriously. You are one hilarious rifle.
It's my daily upgrade.  Today, I went for ammo: don't need to be able to target yet another person per night.
I really should make an artistic rendition of my role after the game.

...But wasn't it obvious that they are the cult leader?
With the weakness of the conversion power, I could see the potential for discussion to veer into "but was he really cult leader??!?!?!".

...Clear lie?
TDS claimed to have used a one-shot alignment inspect that came as part of his role.  He doesn't have a one-shot alignment inspect.  He did not take the action he claimed to take.

I was thinking a vuvuzela, actually.  Less terrible stale beer smell, more endless buzzing from which no human mind can ever recover.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: July 01, 2017, 05:09:51 am »

So, cult leader. That's fun. PFP.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: July 01, 2017, 05:18:49 am »

...Clear lie?
TDS claimed to have used a one-shot alignment inspect that came as part of his role.  He doesn't have a one-shot alignment inspect.  He did not take the action he claimed to take.
Oh. I thought you were talking about his watch targets because whomever he converted is tied to whomever is most webstrandy, and I have posted in our quicktopic that...his timing is the most important bit, before we start taking what he's saying honestly by fact (despite my previous post saying otherwise; this is me rethinking it :O)
I was thinking a vuvuzela, actually.  Less terrible stale beer smell, more endless buzzing from which no human mind can ever recover.
...I thought of food, till I remembered that's the thing that goes BLEEEEEEPFHN.
Also there's seriously no way you and TOlyK can be anti-town else I'd be all EVERYONE IS ANTI TOWN BUT ME right now. :V

Webadict: The Mafiakill is once-per-cycle only right?

Tiruin: I also got no failure message when Lengrag did not receive their beer can N2.  It seems I don't get a failure response when only part of my action fails.
Point ._. TolyK keeps confirming you so I've to bet that you're both town or I lose my sanity.

Tiruin - I'ma wall. Hi.
TolyK -  I'm TolyK.
Jack A T - I'm Jack.
And we are masonchatbuddies! Also it would be pretty too much to denote that either of them are the Last Mafiaso (TolyK claimed he can invite people as a Day ability. This is true. Lately he got his copycat stuff; N1 used on LengRag, failed. N2 used on Tiruin, got a mixed inspect-abilpower thing. N3 he did whatever on Tea which confirms she hid).

flabort - Probably gonna win when he gets abilities from every living player. He has one from me, and checking his postlog,

hector13 -

Persus13 -

Tea -
SOOOO Unless Persus13 is a liar and dies and abductkilled someone else when he revived; I doubt that his revivification stuffiness is something extra ability-fancy that such would've happened back N1. And rather my speculation on L/S being cult or otherwise--we have no idea, because his watching people can either be breadcrumbing (also timing; he claimed far after others did), or it'll lead to the other cultist which would be strangely against his wincon. It can't be Tea because she said she hid in the past...day. Not 'day"s"'.

:V
So my suspects are on Tea or Hector13. Tea said she didn't act on N1. And Bay12 isn't loading well so I can't link and look further but bluh.
Suspeeeeects. Also at most 2 anti-town left. Unless there's ANY MORE hilarity to this game that webadict devised @_@

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: July 01, 2017, 08:46:26 am »

Webadict: Do we know how many webstrands people have before TDS' death?
I would think not.

Webadict: Do dead teammates of a quicktopic still have access to (like, y'know, plan and stuff) their quicktopic, if they can act while dead?
Webadict: If someone is anti-town, but has an ability that creates a wincondition for themselves {eg Flabort's Heroes wincon}, given say--the cult wincondition Is being converted to cult override a wincon that an auto gives you? Which takes priority, or can both mutually apply?
1. Yes, they have access, but no, they cannot talk. They're dead, after all.
2. I'm afraid that example is useless to me, as there is no reference point. However, without that example for any clarification, no. Unless the ability removes the ability or removes your role, alignment changing does NOT affect abilities.

Webadict: If TDS used Marionette when two town players tied for the most spider webs, would Marionette successfully convert anyone?  Also, if Marionette failed, would its shot be spent?
A random target is chosen if all available targets are at equal Web Strands. Marionette can only fail if no available targets exist. If an ability fails, in general, I do not remove any shots from it. That case stands here.

No. I'm an optimist, so I like to see it as partial successful action. In general, you will only receive a message of failure when you wholly fail an action.

Webadict: The Mafiakill is once-per-cycle only right?
You are correct. The Mafiakill is a once per Cycle ability. The Mafia could not kill once during the Day Phase and once during the Night Phase under our current rules.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: July 01, 2017, 10:11:06 am »

As a quick aside, we've just discovered TDS lied about his abilities. What makes you think you can trust any claim I make regarding mine, knowing that I'm ostensibly only doing so to stop people voting me?l, and have had about a week and a half to consider a fake one when the first mass claim happened?

This, assuming I've not been working on one the entire game (or longer!) 'cause I don't like claiming.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: July 01, 2017, 01:21:18 pm »

I guess you could call me a web addict 8)

...I'll see myself out now.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: July 01, 2017, 02:40:22 pm »

As a quick aside, we've just discovered TDS lied about his abilities. What makes you think you can trust any claim I make regarding mine, knowing that I'm ostensibly only doing so to stop people voting me?l, and have had about a week and a half to consider a fake one when the first mass claim happened?

This, assuming I've not been working on one the entire game (or longer!) 'cause I don't like claiming.
I-...
>_>
<.<
...Do you have a post restriction that makes you contra to everything? Because when you made stances towards things, you've been counterpointing mostly everything because you "don't like it".
The talk with Lenglon; the talk about others' ideas; and the lack of talking about why you've thought about claiming other than saying you're only disliking claiming now. :v

Also we have elimination processes. That will probably be better off made tomorrow when L/S flips, but otherwise it is not healthy to also presume that one has fully lied (I mean I'm happy I made the Cardcaptor Sakura role but I digress); TDS has mentioned things that were proven (ie Flaborty stuff), wherein he didn't need to lie to do things because it was more beneficial for certain other factors (ie Cover)

What reason do you have other than 'I don't like claiming'?
Why don't you like claiming? @_@

And what makes you think we won't trust any claim regarding yours?

You've had a week and a half, but also like PERSUS and TEA, haven't claimed during the first duration wherein it was mentioned.
...And none of you mentioned why because nobody asked why so I'll ask now on why are y'all late in doing so? o_O

I guess you could call me a web addict 8)

...I'll see myself out now.
SPIDERS D:< HISS

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: July 01, 2017, 02:42:53 pm »

Also if it makes you feel better, Hector, Lenglon AND Shakerag never claimed anything in their duration in our quicktopic. Claimed as in 'claimed their role' other than saying 'I have everything plus handicaps'. I mean I can fairly assume Lenglon didn't claim the miller ability because it was already in public view but still. They didn't claim. :O

And I will be biased to count that as -towny points.

But you are curious, and probably suffering from Scottish weather (please be well and safe), so I am curious.
What do you think about town-planning night action plans? They've worked before in other games; I don't see how they'll fail here.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: July 01, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »

I don't see why people don't want to claim (given there's 1 mafia left, most likely), no cultist. Maybe an SK? The only ones who don't want to claim are baddies.

BTW, if everyone is Webbed, we can disable your auto for being cult. Probably. Though if I understood it correctly, all webs die when Mr Web Addict here died.

Also, nobody gonna claim responsibility for that, huh.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: July 01, 2017, 05:06:07 pm »

Also if it makes you feel better, Hector, Lenglon AND Shakerag never claimed anything in their duration in our quicktopic. Claimed as in 'claimed their role' other than saying 'I have everything plus handicaps'. I mean I can fairly assume Lenglon didn't claim the miller ability because it was already in public view but still. They didn't claim. :O

And I will be biased to count that as -towny points.

But you are curious, and probably suffering from Scottish weather (please be well and safe), so I am curious.
What do you think about town-planning night action plans? They've worked before in other games; I don't see how they'll fail here.

Well just now it seems a bit pointless to be planning night actions since I'm not sure we have any way of figuring out who the scum is from them or stopping them doing what they're doing, at least this night. I'm not against it, though.

I was just up the road in Wisconsin, to be fair, but no computer and such. I'm back now.

I'm not sure what's more curious about me though. I may not have outright claimed things, but aspects of my role have popped up a few times, specifically the Friendly Neighbour thing, a day action, and my revive, which was going to revive every person killed N2, had I not been the only NK... ah well.

Anyway, I won't claim because it will make my night action completely redundant. Well, except one use of it, that I'll probably do N4 - assuming I don't get lynched - but that's kind of an "off-label" thing rather than what it's intended to do.

Kinda waiting on the rest of that case against me byraway Tolyk.

"hector's scummy 'cause of the most recent thing he did, and some other stuff I can't remember 'cause I'm not paying attention" kinda sucks as the only case you've made so far.

I mean I haven't really been engaged with the game D2, my vote certainly hasn't followed my ostensible suspicions since then, my biggest contribution D3 was a meta "how do we have fun" argument, D4 I've been wishy-washy with who I think is scummy (at least privately, not sure how that's come across in the thread) and have refused to claim.

... anyway, I guess I'm not contributing to the day game, two of the remaining 7 players have claimed they have at least one revive left, some folks are scumreading me, so I guess I'm not a priority scum target anyway. TDS may have been killed 'cause scum genuinely thought they were TP, or to throw some shade my way 'cause I was the only one town reading him.

I'm sure this means we'll be getting day murdered for the remainder of the game though.

I have four abilities: Friendly Neighbour, day action, tell folk I'm town. Used on doll D1, Lengrag D2.

Protect, night action. Used on doll N1, and either Tiruin or TDS N3 (I initially PM'd Tiruin as the target, changed it to TDS, didn't bother asking webadict which was the target after Persus said they disabled TDS' auto watch)

ULTRASUPERDUPERREVIVEMOFOS, night action, 1-shot: revive all players killed during the night, used N2 'cause I'm selfish and thought I was gonna be murdered in the night.

x-shot restorer, phaseless, 1-shot: used D3 on myself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 95