Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193368 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 3: Dead Men Do Tell Tales
« Reply #1005 on: June 23, 2017, 12:21:37 am »

@Jack (woo lunch break and my.first times using public wifi to do anything!)
I did NOT use thr Foam Finger ability. Yet.
As in, it is still with me and unusrd. I only did TWO actions thus far.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 23, 2017, 11:55:42 am »

Alright, I should probably claim.

Role name - redacted in case scum have a power like... Tiruin's? (I can't remember) that uses role names. Or was that ability names? I'll reread people's role claims later.

auto - I see who visits me
night - track someone
day - [redacted, but if/when I use it webadict will announce that it was me]
1-shot day inspect - if anyone has a power to add more uses to abilities, that would be great.

So not a high-powered role, but a solid investigative one.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 23, 2017, 12:01:23 pm »

Alright, I have a few questions:
TolyK: You have an everyone-wins idea, right? How does it work? I assume that means you have some kind of mass-alignment-conversion ability?
Lenglon-Shakerag: I'm trying to figure out how what you've claimed would be balanced for the game, especially as town. You have an extremely powerful LYLO-breaker (2 votes + you say that you could probably win you v 3 other people). Have you fullclaimed yet?

I'll reread the thread now, I'm still looking for the question that Tiruin reminded me about answering. And there are some people whose posts I want to reread.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:23 pm »

TDS: what we have would not be balanced if it was on a single person. we can only do what we can because of the fusion. it's a combination of two roles, not just one.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 23, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Lenglon-Shakerag: I'm trying to figure out how what you've claimed would be balanced for the game, especially as town. You have an extremely powerful LYLO-breaker (2 votes + you say that you could probably win you v 3 other people).
Well, do keep in mind that we're two separate roles merged into one.  Either of us, on our own, wouldn't be nearly so powerful.  Which does make me wonder if there would have been an even more broken combination if Lenglon had fused with someone else...  But I suppose that's for after the game.  PPE: Goddamnit, Lenglon.

Quote from: TheDarkStar
Have you fullclaimed yet?
No, and as I said above, I am reluctant to do so such that the scumteam won't know every trick up our sleeves.

Furthermore, now that you claimed you have a day inspect, I would suggest you use it because you kind of painted a target on yourself. 

Tiruin:
So you're claiming you received a message both nights that your actions failed, but webadict just clarified that "fail" messages are not roleblock messages.  So are you going to try and claim you were redirected back to yourself or a dead player both nights now?

flabort:
4mask
TolyK: I know nothing of the game modes beyond what's been said in the thread, and it'd be weird if I did because my role is not related to games or modes in any way.  Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
Emphasis mine. Google translate says:
"He who fights with monsters may see that he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"

Thanks for the answer, but why the hidden text? :P
I'm hinting at my role for if we do a massclaim later.  Pretty standard stuff.  It's not related to the answer to your question, really, I just did it because I mentioned my role so I figured I might as well leave that there as well.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
Hmm.  It's not quite a smoking gun still in hand, but it looks like it's awfully close.  I'm okay with Lenglon keeping her vote on 4mask for now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 23, 2017, 01:34:38 pm »

Tiruin:

Tiruin:
Lenglon-Shakerag Coalition: My actions have been failing since two nights ago (and maybe this is good as I'm being blocked by scum) :3
But woo, we've confirmed non-Mafiases.
Who can probably be SKs.
Who I've acted on on both nights. :v
So you've acted on someone both nights or were blocked?  And who are the confirmed "non-Mafiases" but-can-probably-be-SKs?  Like I said, we didn't get any messages last night about anything happening to us.  (As an aside, now I know how Venom feels with this always using "we" instead of "I").
I acted on you...lenglon and you, both nights :v
My actions have failed, both nights. :O
Other than me keeping an eye on Flabort.
What exactly did you mean by "keeping an eye on Flabort"?  Is that an ability you're referring to?

Tea:
What are your reads on 4mask, Tiruin, TheBiggerFish, and TheDarkStar?

TolyK:
Still waiting to hear about your plan.

TheDarkStar:
It's your call, but if you're taking suggestions a day inspect on TheBiggerFish might not be bad.  He's had low content and will likely not have much or any for today, so it'll be hard to get a read on him.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 23, 2017, 02:03:17 pm »

Tea:
What are your reads on 4mask, Tiruin, TheBiggerFish, and TheDarkStar?

Collectively, those people have the worst interactions with FoU.

4mask built the initial charge against flabort while there was a lot of pressure on FoU, had ~no interactions with FoU D1, and then made a big show of burying FoU over something that seemed like a null tell on D2. He fits with basically everyone in {bad interactions with FoU} group, except maaybe not TDS due to the redirection thing. (Not that they're not smart/crafy enough for it, but I would suspect they would seem more invested in the actual game if they were scum together and pulling such fancy stuff?) I think he's a good lynch; am not voting him/trying to pressure him bc I expect him to be able to sweettalk me regardless.

I still feel that TBF's unvote of Pozzai was scummy. The underlying attitude of just kind of throwing up his hands saying "well I still think Pozzai's the most scummy but I'ma back off cuz of <simplistic thing>" doesn't look like someone who was trying very hard to scumhunt. I find it incredibly unlikely he's aligned with either TheDarkStar or Tiruin (like, I think FoU/Jack and FoU/Persus are a bit more likely than TBF/TDS & TBF/Tiruin, which is saying something since I don't find either of those FoU pairs very likely) and so I'm very interested in TBF's alignment.

DarkStar if mafia would prob have to be with someone with good interactions with FoU as I think DarkStar/TBF is almost TolyK/FoU tier unlikely. Tiruin/DarkStar and to a lesser extent DarkStar/4mask based on DarkStar's stuff today. When he shows up to the thread he just kinda does his own thing and it seems vaguely promising, if entirely mechanical and disconnected from everyone else.

Even when Tiruin says she's being clear about something my eyes kinda glaze over and go "...just ...what?" I think I feel like she's more 3P than mafia still, which fits with us having basically the same PoE pool :p.

So basically I think the most likely scumteam is FoU/4mask/TBF and that town+3P mostly has controlled the game's narrative.

I think Shakerag/FoU is pretty unlikely from interactions on both ends -- Shakerag's "hold me I'm scared" vote on FoU on D2, FoU's intense questioning+mild shading toward Shakerag D1. hector is mechanical toptown and pushed FoU hard and early. Jack/Persus also unlikely to a lesser extent; think they're both capable of having advanced the game's narrative in a different direction than FoU and not looking bad for it. I think flabort is ~confirmed town(/3P incredibly similar to what his current claim is) from the manner in which he's publicly asked questions to the mod.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 23, 2017, 02:26:09 pm »

flabort:
4mask
TolyK: I know nothing of the game modes beyond what's been said in the thread, and it'd be weird if I did because my role is not related to games or modes in any way.  Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.
Emphasis mine. Google translate says:
"He who fights with monsters may see that he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you"

Thanks for the answer, but why the hidden text? :P
I'm hinting at my role for if we do a massclaim later.  Pretty standard stuff.  It's not related to the answer to your question, really, I just did it because I mentioned my role so I figured I might as well leave that there as well.
1-shot, mafiakill (gained N2): Monster Within: Convert target to your alignment, if successful you die and flip as their role + alignment, they gain this role.
Hmm.  It's not quite a smoking gun still in hand, but it looks like it's awfully close.  I'm okay with Lenglon keeping her vote on 4mask for now.
Yeah, that seems like too much of a coincidence. 4maskwolf.

I really need to go back and read through the whole flabort, Tiruin. Will let you know what I find.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 23, 2017, 02:44:58 pm »

Tiruin:
So you're claiming you received a message both nights that your actions failed, but webadict just clarified that "fail" messages are not roleblock messages.  So are you going to try and claim you were redirected back to yourself or a dead player both nights now?
PFPWhaa?
...No? I've stated them, literally, as is. I just got, concisely in brevity as webbywubwub does, "You fail" pertaining to my action. :v "Your action has failed."
That same brevity that you get when you get a Game Over sign [and an 'insert coin' afterwards].

Also, just to boop, especially a helpful Lenglon: I have an ability that'll help you and your fusion, but also help you help me to double-clear us as town just to ensure us off.
Would you prefer I used it? Tonight or somewise?
Even when Tiruin says she's being clear about something my eyes kinda glaze over and go "...just ...what?" I think I feel like she's more 3P than mafia still, which fits with us having basically the same PoE pool :p.
:'( (Love you Tea)
But I *AM* clear about what had happened to me lately, like seriously.
I failed. :v I got no word after on what had happened to my actions other than 'you fail', no idea where it goes, no idea whom received it if it's non-roleblocked, and NO there is NO restriction to who I can target or whatever that isn't orthodox [1x per phase {which means either day/night}]
What exactly did you mean by "keeping an eye on Flabort"?  Is that an ability you're referring to?

I...made a post (probably to Tea) explaining what that meant. And what that meant was 'Flabort is on my 'really want to be sure about' list so I'm keeping an eye on him', which is an expression for 'I'M WATCHING YOU IN A NON-ABILITY WAY' but I didn't clarify it to be an ability.

Because why would I be too overt like that :P
But seriously what I meant was 'I was suspishis of Flabort back then so I said that. But right before that I said what happened. :v'

So, to recap:
> TolyK's night 2 whatever that was said to me in a somewhat subtle way that isn't direct or overt, WAS NEVER RECEIVED (and I want a response from him)
> I'm still confused on 4mask/TDS/whichever and when it happened [he redirected in the...when now? Day or night? And how is he sure I'm town, and TDS is town?]
> My actions failed both nights. That's all I got so my speculations were free in guessing (ie I guessed I was blocked because I thought that was how it was parsed in this game since I've got nothing beforehand to familiarize myself with)
--N1 I investigated Lenglon-Shakerag; N2 I protected Lenglon-Shakerag. Both failed. No idea on any other details whatsoever. Ever.
> My note on 'watching Flabort' was an expression. It culminates to the today in which I've decided to shelve him and say 'yeah he's town' and instead turn my eye on those on that shelf (list of folks I was more certain about on subjective means) instead.
> I have not used any Day ability (like Jack's given Foam Finger for vote boosts!). Also quoting that third ">" for reference.
Tiruin:
N1 you protected me, is that correct?
N2 you again protected me, is this correct?
N2 is yes. N1 is nope--I investigated you. It failed. I got NUFFIN [nothing] other than the message of the fail.

PPE: Woah, that's...coincidentally wow o_O It polarizes Flabort and 4mask because i can see 4mask reasonably using it as a fakeclaim in the future with awesome spicy flavor, but also Flabort POSSIBLY making it a fakeclaim to implicate someone at random [but may have subtly looked back and framed this very precisely]
But that's overspeculation, and rather less believed by me due to his behavior lately so...
I am super curious about 4mask.
Essentially, especially, why he outs me and TDS as town and stuff when precariousness like that is given.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 23, 2017, 02:49:04 pm »

Tiruin:
Tiruin:
Whoops, wait, Lenglon made a good point about something and I'm rules checking with webadict.  This might be explainable after all.

Tea:
Even when Tiruin says she's being clear about something my eyes kinda glaze over and go "...just ...what?"
Oh man, this is exactly what I have been saying for years.  Someone else gets it!

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 23, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »

PFP

Consider my vote on 4mask for the monster flavor claim + bad FoU interactions. Don't remember what happens if a majority is reached.

Btw I know nothing about spiders and that's the main confusion for me related to Tiruin rn.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 23, 2017, 03:02:10 pm »

Probably a partial... reads thing I guess, starting with the person with the fewest posts according to Lurker Tracker:

TDS - probably town. Most of his posts are from D1, wherein he gives his opinion on a few different players with accompanying evidence to back those up. Hasn't voted a great deal, but the votes have made sense as far as I can tell.

4mask - Was my top scum pick, but this seems a little shaky in light of TDS' apparent scum read of Tiruin, who is also voting 4mask, as well as how he tried to vote FoU yesterday, who flipped scum. I am aware that 4mask likes to gamble in mafia, and Fallacy was being mostly useless D2 so had little chance of avoiding being lynched, so I can't rule out an opportunistic bus... not sure.

Most unhappy about the TDS redirect though. Tiruin is a difficult read, and if 4mask is scum he'll know he's unlikely to die during the night if they could account for every death/revive that has happened so far. Redirecting TDS, knowing he's probably town and thus likely to share what they find, will allow him and his buddies to figure out if Tiruin is a threat to them.

Spent a great deal of time posting during RVS but not really generating much content. Left an ostensible pressure vote on Lenglon for a great deal of time without much actual pressure beyond the post it came in. Pretty much skipped D2, and tried to land on the FoU bandwagon.

Overall, feels like scum. Won't vote just yet since I need to go through everyone else, but is a likely candidate at this point.

errrr... so tired. Seemed like a good idea to read through Tir's stuff at this point given TDS' read on her influencing my read of 4mask, but I'm falling asleep at the screen :'( I read through 20 of Tir's 53 posts, I'm getting town feels from them, but it's less than half of her stuff. More later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 23, 2017, 03:15:25 pm »

Tir - there have been a number of redirects, blocks, and failing actions this game. I have no problem with you using the ability in of itself, but I have concerns about it not making it to us successfully. I suggest not telling anyone at all when you plan on using it until after you've done it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 23, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »

Tir - there have been a number of redirects, blocks, and failing actions this game. I have no problem with you using the ability in of itself, but I have concerns about it not making it to us successfully. I suggest not telling anyone at all when you plan on using it until after you've done it.
Very well.
You will notice a few things--I will call you out if I see any Mafiakill in the abilities.
First is my full roster of abilities--a JOAT with Flabort's auto of Balance for rechecking. {Metaknowledge boosting JOAT stuff like Investigate/Roleblock/Protect by combining and letting these happen in combo if I guess right in metaknowledge}
And that Foam Finger.

I will be annoyingly surprised if this fails though >_>
PFP

Consider my vote on 4mask for the monster flavor claim + bad FoU interactions. Don't remember what happens if a majority is reached.

Btw I know nothing about spiders and that's the main confusion for me related to Tiruin rn.
Just why did someone send in spiders as a role. -_-

PFP

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 23, 2017, 03:50:26 pm »

Just why did someone send in spiders as a role. -_-
Calling it now - next game I'm sending in "The BYORXX Role That Makes Tiruin Confront Her Arachnophobia".
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 95